PDA

View Full Version : Executioner Greataxe and Pindown

cranshinibon
06-17-2016, 12:02 PM
So now that greateaxes no longer apply bleed as a passive I have to use pin down to do so to increase precision strike damage but I'm kind of confused as to the name and description of a seemingly useless skill. Why is it called pin down and say it pins an enemy to the ground when it doesn't do anything at all.

Is it worth getting for bleed if I have to backstab to get them? Since I am using a Greataxe I know my critical damage will be lacking so I'm kind of lost on what I should do to be viable in pvp

The Rain
06-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Archeage is going through pubrity. There are more changes to come.
Part of the changes are triple slash splitting to 3, meaning you wont be able to land all 3 hit if you get far. Which would be a major playstyle changer to all melee > instead of engaging and disengaging, you'd prefare locking your enemy on one place and just killing.
With that in mind, if you have a good stun/trip.whatever, and from what i've read you are using shadowplay+defense, I should let you know that pin down now combos with both Percision Strike and Shadowsmite.

Which means the most obvious combo will be: Stalker's Mark > Overwhelm (the 77% dmg), then go behind and Shadowsmite (stuned are tripped), then *Pin Down* (more damage on shackled). Its basicly a continueation of the shadowplay combo now, since before it was kinda useless. From experience it goes very strong if you do it with that combo, like 3k+ damage, and if you can somehow keep attacking and stay behind your enemy you add Percision Strike *there*, which now combos THREE high burst skills from behind together, each of them getting highly buffed from using right after the one before it.

If the enemy is still alive after it either you missed or they have crazy awesome defense lol.
I'd just take these and a LOT of attack speed ot be able to land it all before they have time to know what im doing.

cranshinibon
06-21-2016, 06:05 AM
Oh okay I see what you mean now. I was trying to do stalkers mark -throw dagger- overwhelm - shadowstep - pindown (for bleed/max stacks) - shadow smite - precision strike but I never had enough time to land the trip with my great axe. I was trying different combos using hells pear to keep them in place but I am pretty sure there is no way you can shadowsmite off after the pindown and still have it trip them.

Trying to figure out if anything else from occultism can work in taking people out without getting back up bc I had an easier time keeping tanks ccd with Witchcraft and the only skills I use from occultism are hellspear silence and the damage return /slow. Immunity.

I have an epic Greataxe and I really want to be able to figure out how to incorporate occultism into a melee dps build especially against tanks. The biggest issue is not having the cc to keep away from tanks redouble shield combo outside of hell spearing backstabbing dropping back and stealthing which they will usually pot or heal themselves bringing me back to round one lol.

Cohiba
06-21-2016, 06:07 AM
Archeage is going through pubrity. There are more changes to come.
Part of the changes are triple slash splitting to 3, meaning you wont be able to land all 3 hit if you get far.

triple slash is not splitting into 3. that's the Korean version of the skill and it only works with skill queue and very low ping. since EU and NA have huge ping differences, they decided not to implement this in our version, and it seems that decision is quite final.
so don't expect to ever see this in our version... if we had it.. it would be very delayed and laggy so it would decrease DPS for anyone not living near the server location.

suriiii
06-21-2016, 09:26 PM
triple slash is not splitting into 3. that's the Korean version of the skill and it only works with skill queue and very low ping. since EU and NA have huge ping differences, they decided not to implement this in our version, and it seems that decision is quite final.
so don't expect to ever see this in our version... if we had it.. it would be very delayed and laggy so it would decrease DPS for anyone not living near the server location.

It would decrease dps slightly but it allows for so many more combos i wish they would release it

The Rain
06-22-2016, 06:26 PM

Thats really good news. YAY :D
I disagree with it allowing more combos - those combos are already able to be used with the right spec and gear even with the 3 hits. and it would massively drope the dps on classes that doesnt use shadowplay.

If you want to specialize against tanks, I really dont know what to tell you. Go mage? most of the tanks are 100% against melee, a lot of them use plate and they got shield with high block rate. You can block-parry-evade magic, so that seems like the viable decision to counter those tanks.

If you want to get the best chance against redoubt as a melee, go Hex Warden. Focal>Leech>Purge them out of redoubt. If it doesnt work, well, you tried. redoubt is the hardest buff to strip from someone as far as I know, but I think I did it once.
Witchcraft's cc is way better then Occultism's.