PDA

View Full Version : Fully upgraded Galleons speed

QueenRNG
06-24-2016, 05:21 PM
Hello,
I think it's a shame that the better the cannons/sails/rudder/radar, the heavier and the slower a galleon is.
Speed is an essential component of naval combat and if you're getting a better ship by regrading your cannons and everything, you are actually nerfing yourself.

It has come to a point where I went back to tier 1 masts instead of tier 4 just because it's about the only thing I can do to "upgrade" my speed.

Or I could just sail around with basic cannons, but what's the point of getting better cannons then?

JemandLeNoob
06-24-2016, 06:00 PM
More damage maybe?

QueenRNG
06-25-2016, 12:30 AM
Maybe the comparison is a bit extreme, but ... Mythic nodachi against divine nodachi, which one is the best? Mythic of course!

When talking about cannons, this point is actually debatable! Why is that? It should not be debatable.

Siobhan
06-25-2016, 04:48 AM
Everything is a trade off.

If one could upgrade a galleon to "everything mythic" and have no downside, then the ship would be so OP as to be game breaking.... At least you're not trading DPS for speed.

QueenRNG
06-25-2016, 05:49 AM
"everything is trade off" ?
what about armor? weapons?

you already have trade off by picking this kind of sail compared to this other one. Or this type of cannon over this other one. But regrading cannons to mythic is hard and costly enough so you shouldn't have ANY trade off. That's my point.

If you compare a divine high naval cannon to a mythic one. Sure, the mythic deals a lot more damage, like it should. But why would you have to trade off speed for this?
It should be the other way around, the better cannons, the lighter. Just like the higher your weapon grade, the better.

Careby
06-25-2016, 07:33 AM
It's comforting to know that if I'm badly outmatched by another ship in dps, at least I have a chance of running away from it.

Imtrololol
06-25-2016, 09:32 AM
"everything is trade off" ?
what about armor? weapons?

you already have trade off by picking this kind of sail compared to this other one. Or this type of cannon over this other one. But regrading cannons to mythic is hard and costly enough so you shouldn't have ANY trade off. That's my point.

If you compare a divine high naval cannon to a mythic one. Sure, the mythic deals a lot more damage, like it should. But why would you have to trade off speed for this?
It should be the other way around, the better cannons, the lighter. Just like the higher your weapon grade, the better.

Like in any other combat vehicle, the more firepower it carries, naturally, the heavier it gets with its payload and everything.

Compare it to aircraft carriers versus cruisers versus destroyers etc etc... It just makes sense, that's all.

Thecat
06-29-2016, 01:40 PM
If u got problem with speed go half galleon then... destroy galleon, clipper get ezi light and switch cannons... but if u want to fire from both side u gotta loss speed... this may be a game but still logic lighter ship(fire power) will allways be faster then a heavier hitter

QueenRNG
07-01-2016, 09:49 AM
I know there are workarounds to be faster. And one of those workarounds is to get ♥♥♥♥tier cannons, or no cannons at all. My point is that mythic should be the best in all cases, not a trade off.