PDA

View Full Version : Collect treasure, create elixirs, and hit the beach in our summer limited time events!

Celestrata Bloodsong
06-27-2016, 01:55 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/06/blog7.jpg

The Blue Salt Festival makes a triumphant return this month, all while alchemists can experiment with new potions and extra treasure hides at the bottom of the ocean!

The Blue Salt Festival: June 29 to July 19
Are you ready for some more fun on the sunny shores of Sanddeep? The Blue Salt Brotherhood is!

To begin the quest chain and teleport directly to the festival, speak to the Blue Salt Brotherhood member Jesse, available at Ezi’s Light in Austera, Ezna, and Diamond Shores. Once her quest is accepted, you’ll be provided with a Blue Salt Festival teleport scroll to get right to Sanddeep.

During this time, Sanddeep will be placed into Festival Law. If you’re new to these parts, Festival Law will prevent PvP attacks as if the area was in Peace, BUT you can still be attacked if your guild is fighting in a Dominion War. Be careful!

As per last year, explore the festival to find all of the quests and collect Blue Salt Festival Coins! Build gigantic sand sculptures, hunt gigantic sea monsters, contribute to Mendelsson and Vivalt’s paintings, eat baked chicken, and more!

Festival coins can be redeemed for Thirsty Worker’s Flask, Blue Salt Festival empty frame, Temporary Cogwheel Longboards, the Summer Festival Coin Stand, Temporary Thunder Dash, Temporary Timber Coupe, beach furniture, new sand sculptures by Vivalt and Mendelsohn for your home, and Baked Chicken to take with you on the road!

Riches from the Depths: June 29 to July 12
Thar’ be booty on the ocean floor, and it’s ready for the plunderin’! Starting with the June Update and continuing to 11:59 PM GMT on July 12, you can hunt special Castaway Treasure Chest in the Castaway Strait and northern Halcyona Gulf to earn gold and special items!

To begin this quest line, activate your extra Divine Clock icon in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. The quest will challenge you to acquire 1,000 Commerce proficiency and, when you can complete it, you will be rewarded with a Elite Trader Certificate.

To help complete the quest, sail around the Castaway Strait to find Castaway Treasure Chest that can be converted into trade packs. These crates can result in one of three rewards:

Common: Coin Chest worth 50 gold when sold to the Ocean Trader.
Rare: Golden Statue Fragment worth 300 gold when sold to the Ocean Trader.
Super Rare: Golden Treasure Chest worth 1000 gold when sold to the Ocean Trader.

Meanwhile, Elite Trader Certificate can be turned in to earn Bound Worker’s Compensation: 500 potions, Archeum Essence, Bound Tyrenos’s Index, Bound Majestic Trees, Bound Mining Drills, Lucky Points, and the Mini Farm Cart Décor.

Of course, as the Castaway Strait is a full naval PvP zone, you may want to be on your guard for pirates, rival factions, and thieves looking to steal your hard earned packs!

All in a Dayru’s Work: July 9 to July 19
Rounding out our series of events is a new limited time series of Daily quests focusing on the mysterious ancient Daru. Staring at 12:01 AM GMT on July 9, you’ll be able to acquire a new quest from the Divine Clock to utilize an ancient Daru relic.

Through Daru alchemy, you’ll be able to craft Honor Elixirs, Vocation Elixirs, and more! Plus, complete the quests “Potion Lessons” and “The Mystic Daru” 7 times to receive the new titles “Elixir Mixer” and “Friend of Daru” respectively.

These quests will be available until 11:59 PM GMT on July 19, so get them done while you can!

Mongoose X
06-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Any plans on more ways to obtain lucky cryptic scrolls?

notebene
06-28-2016, 10:53 AM
Could we know what time (GMT/PST) the 3 monster events happen at the beach? Are they same as the Rum Runner event times? 7am/12pm/5pm PST?

Yasu
06-29-2016, 12:53 AM
that can be converted into trade packs
These packs can't be placed into a storage tower is it intended?

Maguxo
06-29-2016, 08:21 AM
well i dont get the trader quest down on the left by clicking the icon.. its just shown greyed.

guess ive to contact the sup? :(

(and no i havent allready take the quest or made it.. ive checked that.. havent got any quest..)

notebene
06-29-2016, 09:15 AM
To begin the quest chain and teleport directly to the festival, speak to the Blue Salt Brotherhood member Jesse, available at Ezi’s Light in Austera, Ezna, and Diamond Shores. Once her quest is accepted, you’ll be provided with a Blue Salt Festival teleport scroll to get right to Sanddeep.

I remember this NPC from last year, but I'm on EU now (while NA is down) and I'm out by where this NPC should be, and I don't see them. :(

Update: NM, someone helped on the server. Actually works better this year, with a portal in Hero hall, then you can pick up a scroll that lasts a day to go back any time you want, then just use the portal in the hall the next day. :)

Sayura
06-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Could we know what time (GMT/PST) the 3 monster events happen at the beach? Are they same as the Rum Runner event times? 7am/12pm/5pm PST?

I'd like to know this as well. I wish it was in the announcement post.

Moly
06-29-2016, 12:30 PM
i'd like to know this as well. I wish it was in the announcement post.

PDT :
7.00 am
12.00 pm
4.00 pm

CDT :
9.00 am
2.00 pm
6.00 pm

EDT
10:00 am
3:00 pm
7:00 pm

UTC :
2.00 pm
7.00 pm
11.00 pm

BST :
3.00 pm
8.00 pm
12.00 am

CEST :
4.00 pm
9.00 pm
1.00 am

AEST :
12.00 am
5.00 am
9.00 am

Fangarrow
06-29-2016, 05:05 PM
I have a question about the Castaway Straight Chests. I turned a few in earlier today and the seas were crazy busy. Now there is no one out and about and there aren't any chests at bottom of sea floor that i can find after an hour of searching...ok it was 45 mins...Is there a long timer and a limited number of chests? When will they respawn? Anyone have info on this?

Illanyss
06-29-2016, 06:12 PM
These packs can't be placed into a storage tower is it intended?

It's probably intended since they're event packs. I, sadly, learned they couldn't be stored in a tower less than 5 minutes before the server went down for maintenance. I had the packs in my car trunk. Is my car going to stay summoned through the maintenance?

RoyalAssasin
06-29-2016, 07:15 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/06/blog7.jpg

Riches from the Depths: June 29 to July 12
Thar’ be booty on the ocean floor, and it’s ready for the plunderin’! Starting with the June Update and continuing to 11:59 PM GMT on July 12, you can hunt special Castaway Treasure Chest in the Castaway Strait and northern Halcyona Gulf to earn gold and special items!

To begin this quest line, activate your extra Divine Clock icon in the lower left-hand corner of your screen. The quest will challenge you to acquire 1,000 Commerce proficiency and, when you can complete it, you will be rewarded with a Elite Trader Certificate.

To help complete the quest, sail around the Castaway Strait to find Castaway Treasure Chest that can be converted into trade packs. These crates can result in one of three rewards:

Common: Coin Chest worth 50 gold when sold to the Ocean Trader.
Rare: Golden Statue Fragment worth 300 gold when sold to the Ocean Trader.
Super Rare: Golden Treasure Chest worth 1000 gold when sold to the Ocean Trader.

Meanwhile, Elite Trader Certificate can be turned in to earn Bound Worker’s Compensation: 500 potions, Archeum Essence, Bound Tyrenos’s Index, Bound Majestic Trees, Bound Mining Drills, Lucky Points, and the Mini Farm Cart Décor.

Of course, as the Castaway Strait is a full naval PvP zone, you may want to be on your guard for pirates, rival factions, and thieves looking to steal your hard earned packs!

this says the Golden chests are worth 1k. I have a golden and when i go to the ocean trader it says it is worth 26g
i want my 1k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aprilieo
06-29-2016, 08:45 PM
just found a gold chest and only got 50g instead of 1k...

Illanyss
06-29-2016, 11:17 PM
just found a gold chest and only got 50g instead of 1k...

That's the so called "Coin Chest". Someone who finds the others share the name, please.

Suss
06-30-2016, 12:04 AM
Gold Chest - 50g
Golden Goddess Statue - 300g
Golden Treasure Chest - 1k g

Yasu
06-30-2016, 02:29 AM
It's probably intended since they're event packs. I, sadly, learned they couldn't be stored in a tower less than 5 minutes before the server went down for maintenance. I had the packs in my car trunk. Is my car going to stay summoned through the maintenance?

Ok but they could let us put pack in tower and once the event is gone remove the option to turn them in. If you still have pack on a tower nvm you cannot get money anymore. Right now we're force to use alt with hauler instead of our tower...

biged
06-30-2016, 02:29 AM
what i dont like is the packs are still effected by the amount of people turning them in so instead of the low end one pack being with 50 gold it only worth 26 gold. It an event come on help us out there going to be a lot of people turning in all the time so it just going to stay that way

Yasu
06-30-2016, 02:53 AM
You still have the option to load a tradeship (or galleon/fishing boat) and turn all the packs in DS where you'll probably get 50g ;)

biged
06-30-2016, 03:29 AM
You still have the option to load a tradeship (or galleon/fishing boat) and turn all the packs in DS where you'll probably get 50g ;)

thanks for the tip

biged
06-30-2016, 03:41 AM
[ATTA15661CH=CONFIG]15660[/ATTACH] here one of the packs name and turn in at 130 %

ManMeetDog1
06-30-2016, 05:15 AM
Do the chests have their designated name when hovering over them on the sea floor or are they all called gold chests until you pick them up?

Adny
06-30-2016, 09:03 AM
Do the chests have their designated name when hovering over them on the sea floor or are they all called gold chests until you pick them up?

Its RNG, just as the entire game is lol. Gotta spend 100 labor to find out. I turned in about 15 and they were all the 50g ones so far. But in case anyone didn't know already, you can run any normal pack to get the 1k commerce proficiency. It doesn't have to be the treasure packs.

Illanyss
06-30-2016, 11:18 AM

Unless you have a strong party with you, you'll probably not get very far on a tradeship filled with packs, much less be able to fill it...

Vixrell
06-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Any word on the bug that takes an unused quest starter out of our inventory/warehouse when we complete the quest after midnight? Because that's a thing.

Illanyss
06-30-2016, 06:42 PM
Any word on the bug that takes an unused quest starter out of our inventory/warehouse when we complete the quest after midnight? Because that's a thing.

Wrong thread, mate.

Moly
07-01-2016, 12:33 AM
Any word on the bug that takes an unused quest starter out of our inventory/warehouse when we complete the quest after midnight? Because that's a thing.Wrong thread, mate.

Well, yes and no.
This question can legitimately be asked over here since as it is part of the event.

However Vixrell, as we have a Q&A today you could also post it over there : ArcheAge Q&A Livestream: July 1 at 1:30 PM PDT

arby
07-01-2016, 03:35 AM
I know there's absolutely no point posting here because Celestrata never looks at these threads after she starts them unless someone says something about yata costumes, but...

REALLY? The times for the boss spawn on EU? Seriously? 16.00, 21.00 and 01.00 CET? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Do you not realize that not everyone is home and not doing crap all in the evenings? Do you know realize that there are TWENTY-FOUR HOURS in a day? So why do you cram 3 spawns into 9 your period?

How about applying a little tiny pinch of common sense to this crap and maybe... just maybe... splitting the day into 3 8-hour time blocks... you know, for like people that work other than day shifts. I know we suck, we don't deserve to take part in any of your other freaking events, why should this one be any different?

Maybe in the future do a spawn each at like 11.00 (11am), 19.00(7pm) and 1.00 (1am) GMT so that everyone can participate. You people can't do anydamnthing right ever, can you?

Also, WTF is with the quest NPC that is supposed to be in all the capital cities that gives you a travel pass to the festival, or at least that's what your little announcement says? How come she's in BlueGlass and you don't get the travel pass until you actually arrive at the festival, when you don't need it? Good job on the 24hr timer on that too, that's super helpful as long as you have time to go every day at a time before the time you went yesterday. Again... you guys rock. Seriously.

Oh, just for luck... YATA COSTUME!!!!!

Alara
07-01-2016, 03:50 AM
I know there's absolutely no point posting here because Celestrata never looks at these threads after she starts them unless someone says something about yata costumes, but...

REALLY? The times for the boss spawn on EU? Seriously? 16.00, 21.00 and 01.00 CET? ARE YOU KIDDING?

Do you not realize that not everyone is home and not doing crap all in the evenings? Do you know realize that there are TWENTY-FOUR HOURS in a day? So why do you cram 3 spawns into 9 your period?

How about applying a little tiny pinch of common sense to this crap and maybe... just maybe... splitting the day into 3 8-hour time blocks... you know, for like people that work other than day shifts. I know we suck, we don't deserve to take part in any of your other freaking events, why should this one be any different?

Maybe in the future do a spawn each at like 11.00 (11am), 19.00(7pm) and 1.00 (1am) GMT so that everyone can participate. You people can't do anydamnthing right ever, can you?

Also, WTF is with the quest NPC that is supposed to be in all the capital cities that gives you a travel pass to the festival, or at least that's what your little announcement says? How come she's in BlueGlass and you don't get the travel pass until you actually arrive at the festival, when you don't need it? Good job on the 24hr timer on that too, that's super helpful as long as you have time to go every day at a time before the time you went yesterday. Again... you guys rock. Seriously.

Oh, just for luck... YATA COSTUME!!!!!
At least one of these times is convenient for me. The 1:00 AM on EU servers blows monkey balls though.

The scroll NPC isn't half bad if you do the quests at one point in time and return later for the monster spawn.

The duration of the event suffices for me to get the items I'd like from the event. Not for you, given your reaction?

ManMeetDog1
07-01-2016, 04:07 AM
I suggest a cooldown on looting chests because guilds are coming through and clearing whole areas of the map.

Razerdrako
07-01-2016, 04:49 AM
Why is the price dropping on the event chests, when we have been told on the live stream, on the web site and even here in this forum post that the gold chests are 50 gold. Krolan said on the live stream they were guaranteed to give you 50 gold, yet I have been getting between 42 and 25 gold for every gold chest I turn in. We should be compensated for getting robbed on the prices.

Traciatim
07-01-2016, 10:00 AM
Why is the price dropping on the event chests, when we have been told on the live stream, on the web site and even here in this forum post that the gold chests are 50 gold. Krolan said on the live stream they were guaranteed to give you 50 gold, yet I have been getting between 42 and 25 gold for every gold chest I turn in. We should be compensated for getting robbed on the prices.

They work like every trade pack, the more they turn in the lower the value goes. At 130% you get something like 52g in the mail, at 70% it's more like 28g.

I suggest a cooldown on looting chests because guilds are coming through and clearing whole areas of the map.

That's kind of the point of the event...

TriopOfKraken
07-01-2016, 10:09 AM
There is a bug with the trade info window not showing the correct turn in value for diamond shores with the event packs.

http://i.imgur.com/LTF1eaP.png

arby
07-01-2016, 10:34 AM

Yeah that would be great. Instead of taking an hour and a half to gather 15 packs solo, make it take 3. That would be awesome!

biged
07-01-2016, 11:59 AM
event packs prices

why are the packs for the event subject to the turn in % rate decrease. the gold chest packs are stuck at 70% of the value of the packs. So it seams like we are get our throats cut because you have a lot of people doing your event. which is what i would think you want. We really cant hold on to the packs and wait for the rate to go up because the exp in 30 min if you set them down. So we are forced to take what we can get . thank you for you time and any help you can be in this matter

Adny
07-02-2016, 02:36 PM
event packs prices

why are the packs for the event subject to the turn in % rate decrease. the gold chest packs are stuck at 70% of the value of the packs. So it seams like we are get our throats cut because you have a lot of people doing your event. which is what i would think you want. We really cant hold on to the packs and wait for the rate to go up because the exp in 30 min if you set them down. So we are forced to take what we can get . thank you for you time and any help you can be in this matter

Even at 70% u still get 27g each.. how can u complain about that? If you want full value take a chance and take them to DSS for 120-130%. If you aren't willing to take the extra time and risk, you won't get the added benefit of the extra gold.

Suffuri
07-03-2016, 04:46 AM
There is a bug with the trade info window not showing the correct turn in value for diamond shores with the event packs.

http://i.imgur.com/LTF1eaP.png

The Trade Info relays the price-point across both factions. So if West is at 125% and East is at 70%, the game will show 125%.

CurryCatastrophe
07-07-2016, 12:16 PM

I also ran into this possible bug today. I had the 1k commerce quest running from yesterday, and today's quest starting ticket in my inventory. When I completed my 1k commerce labor from yesterday, today's quest starting ticket straight up vanished out of my inventory. The new quest isn't in my quest log and re-logging didn't restore the quest starting ticket item.

is this working as intended or a bug?

Yoru
07-09-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm having a bug with the Daru event. I've completed some quests of it yesterday but ended up crafting too many vocation elixirs and not crafting an honor one so I couldn't complete that quest. Now today I clicked the bouncing box to get the quest starter and it appeared in my inv. I used it but it didn't give me a quest. I'm assuming it's because I have the other uncompleted quest from the event but if I try to abandon it the Daru still has that quest to give to me. I can't complete it because I don't have the event mats to craft the elixirs. Will I be stuck the whole event not being able to get a new quest?

Bonfyre
07-09-2016, 10:44 PM
I too got the Daru quest today. I completed it yesterday so was surprised when I clicked on the quest in my inventory that it literally went POOF. No quest in my my quest log....nothing. Then I thought maybe it would pop up tonight as I did the yesterdays quest last night....but nope. If there is a 24hr timer on it then we shouldn't be able to click on the quest when its in our inventory UNTIL the 24hrs have passed......just like all the other timed quests. This is one of the better quests out there right now where your labor isnt completely wasted and there are good rewards.
I would love t be able to get back my quest for today.
Thanks so much :)

peshagypsy
07-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Is it on a 24 hour timer from when you did the quest last or does it reset when all other dailies reset?