PDA

View Full Version : Daggerspell looking to reroll Templar, need advice.

blaylocke
07-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Alright, I'm a mediocre GS Daggerspell (4186). I've got a Celestial Obsidian Hood, Celestial Obsidian Shield and Divine Cursed Obsidian Scepter. The rest of my gear is Soulforge cloth (obviously chose mage armor) and crummy jewelry.

I want to know the difficulty of respeccing to Templar, which seems far more valuable in my guild and world events at large, and how my current gear situation should affect my roadmap going forward.

I was told an Obsidian Club would be a good place to start, but I want to know how the gear I have is going to work as a stop gap. Any advice on making this switch, potential problems I will run in to, or whether it's a bad idea in general?

Graid
07-04-2016, 08:27 PM
Obviously, you do need to take the time to level the classes involved. Getting to level 55 may take you a while, so there's that to work on if you didn't already. Use labour, growthstones, experia, library, etc. Vitalism is the most important of the three skillsets to get to 55 as soon as possible.

You need a healing weapon as a priority here, ideally a 1h since you're wanting to be a templar. Gear wise, you could try upgrading your scepter to T4 and selling it and buying a T4 or T5 divine club (heart's sunset/death's sunset) with the proceeds (use something like a lost garden faded club or something else cheap in the interim). This will get you a useful amount of healing power. The good news is it's not hard to have a level of healing power that is actually useful in a fight. The bad news is survival is hard, though not harder really than surviving as a mage, except for the lack of stealth.

Your current gear isn't devoid of useful healer stats, since it's mildly stamina heavy and intelligence at least boosts mana, and you can upgrade your hood to a healer T4 hood (or sell it to part fund buying T4 pure hood outright). Ideally though you want to go with the main parts being 'Pure' T4+ obsidian or some mix of 4 crafted stone (4 stone set bonus has a useful boost to physical defence) with 3 parts obsidian. For cheap healer gear, you could seek out some auroria dulcet vitalism cloth.

Your celestial shield is useful as a healer, up to you if you want to upgrade it to T4 just now or sell it to fund a higher grade of shield.

Either way, work on getting your chest and leg gear first because you need to work on getting these to a point where you can gem these with toughness and resilience. You could also look out for some ready gemmed epherium stone gear on the AH which would save you the horrible RNG pain if you can get it for a decent price.

Tormensoth
07-04-2016, 08:35 PM
DS builds usually revolve around 1v1 ganking as shadowcraft gives the element of surprise and many tricks to take down single targets. The gear you have will work over most sorcery/occult builds tho. The free gear they gave away has some amazing pieces(wrist/belt/pants) I would recommend getting your shield to t4, a celes t4 obsidian flute and the best wave necklace you can afford and you should be in a good spot to work into other areas.

For leveling up other skills I recommend swapping out shadowcraft for either defense, auramancy or occultism. Pick up the daily library quests and grind away. Sorcery/witchcraft is amazing in the library and you should never run out of mana or hp until all your skills are at least lvl 50. Play dead and enervate/mudfist works wonders! Once there you can begin to play around with the many variations of sorcery or occultism. You will quickly see how 1 build is not enough for all situations. If you can pick up a skill saver pendent to quickly swap between your builds it will help you a ton.

As for going Templar, there are not many options I know of as I don't recall many healing armor sets in the game besides serpent armor. It is a 10 man dungeon that can be quite difficult for the lesser equipped, but on the bright side, it is free. Beyond that, I know very little about the healing classes.

Either way, I hope this helps you expand your class into something more useful then just player killing or at least give you a way to level up the skills you want to respec into.

Good luck and good hunting!

Cohiba
07-05-2016, 05:39 AM
Obviously, you do need to take the time to level the classes involved. Getting to level 55 may take you a while, so there's that to work on if you didn't already. Use labour, growthstones, experia, library, etc. Vitalism is the most important of the three skillsets to get to 55 as soon as possible.

You need a healing weapon as a priority here, ideally a 1h since you're wanting to be a templar. Gear wise, you could try upgrading your scepter to T4 and selling it and buying a T4 or T5 divine club (heart's sunset/death's sunset) with the proceeds (use something like a lost garden faded club or something else cheap in the interim). This will get you a useful amount of healing power. The good news is it's not hard to have a level of healing power that is actually useful in a fight. The bad news is survival is hard, though not harder really than surviving as a mage, except for the lack of stealth.

Your current gear isn't devoid of useful healer stats, since it's mildly stamina heavy and intelligence at least boosts mana, and you can upgrade your hood to a healer T4 hood (or sell it to part fund buying T4 pure hood outright). Ideally though you want to go with the main parts being 'Pure' T4+ obsidian or some mix of 4 crafted stone (4 stone set bonus has a useful boost to physical defence) with 3 parts obsidian. For cheap healer gear, you could seek out some auroria dulcet vitalism cloth.

Your celestial shield is useful as a healer, up to you if you want to upgrade it to T4 just now or sell it to fund a higher grade of shield.

Either way, work on getting your chest and leg gear first because you need to work on getting these to a point where you can gem these with toughness and resilience. You could also look out for some ready gemmed epherium stone gear on the AH which would save you the horrible RNG pain if you can get it for a decent price.

absolutely this. perfect explanation! :)
I really can't recommend taking risks in this game, since the odds will never be in your favor.
I would first get some auroria vitalism gear and then try to slowly replace it with epherium stone pieces. Here you need chests and pants with gems, as already said. The other pieces have lower priority...
For hood you should probably keep your current one and upgrade it to T4, since it will give healing power then! This works very well with the rest.
Some of your soulforged pieces are pure stam or have stam and spirit, just keep wearing those for now.
Make sure you save up gold and avoid regarding and gemming at all costs. it has terrible success chances and is only worth taking the gamble if you can afford to lose out... so I suggest you save up and buy completed armor pieces.