PDA

View Full Version : Enigmatist

Tzepic
08-18-2014, 01:46 PM
I came up with this build for Enigmatist. It seems like it could be a pretty slippery character. Any thoughts?

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/49851

Kirito956
08-18-2014, 02:24 PM
I personally have alot of quams with the Sorc tree for the following reasons:

Your Chain Lightning and Arc Lightning don't combo with anything in the build.

The problem with Meteor and circle is that you don't have anything that can CC the opponent long enough to get it off safely.

To get Freezing Earth off they have to be, well within 8m of you, yes making it a defensive skill, but the duration and the fact that it's not a 100% chance to snare just isn't that great to me.

You're lacking CC of any kind, meaning you can't really cast and be safe from dmg.
Considering most of your dmg skills have cast times you'll be a sitting duck.

There are alot of other trees that would combo better with Shadow and Aura besides Sorc.
Archery being the most popular, but I mean you're combining massive mobility with a caster that has to sit still to deal dmg.

I'm simply explaining the major flaws in the class, not the build.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but you seem to know what skills are valuable and what aren't so much.
Best of luck and take it easy!

Tzepic
08-18-2014, 03:56 PM
I personally have alot of quams with the Sorc tree for the following reasons:

Your Chain Lightning and Arc Lightning don't combo with anything in the build.

The problem with Meteor and circle is that you don't have anything that can CC the opponent long enough to get it off safely.

To get Freezing Earth off they have to be, well within 8m of you, yes making it a defensive skill, but the duration and the fact that it's not a 100% chance to snare just isn't that great to me.

You're lacking CC of any kind, meaning you can't really cast and be safe from dmg.
Considering most of your dmg skills have cast times you'll be a sitting duck.

There are alot of other trees that would combo better with Shadow and Aura besides Sorc.
Archery being the most popular, but I mean you're combining massive mobility with a caster that has to sit still to deal dmg.

I'm simply explaining the major flaws in the class, not the build.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but you seem to know what skills are valuable and what aren't so much.
Best of luck and take it easy!
Great info thank you for the perspective I think I'll stick with daggerspell or reaper.

Shadowflare
08-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Here's my 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt because I only leveled my enigmatist to level 42 and am very much still experimenting...The following is just opinion:
The enigmatist is less a standard "stand and cast" mage and more of a mobile close range battle-mage. That was the playstyle I wanted, and it can be very fun, but because it's a hybrid build, you sacrifice going deep into any single tree and instead go broadly into mutiple.

Here's an example build I've been thinking about:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/50033

As this kind of enigmatist:
Your sorc tree is your main damage tree, but you want to minimize skills with cast times longer than 2 seconds. Meteor strike is out because of this, because you will never have a good chance to fully cast this spell due to lack of cc that comes from witchcraft. Frigid tracks and freezing arrow combo well together provided you have time to pre-cast frigid tracks. The freezing effect from frigid tracks is also one of the few set ups for the arc lightning+chain lightning combo. Flame barrier gives additional instant damage and slows (untested personally).

Shadowplay is a combination of initiation cc and mobility. With it you not only get offensive gapclosers, you also get stalker's mark (amplifies damage) and overwhelm which you can combo into a trip, which is another set up fro the arc lightning+chain lightning. Dropback combos with flamebolt and is a distance maker to keep you out of melee's reach. Freerunner is optional but is a longer duration gap closer (have not tested personally). stealth is stealth.

Auramancy is your defensive tree, specifically towards magic damage. You gain a stunbreaker (that also reduce mag dmg taken by 50%), a magic dmg absorbing shield, teleportation for positioning and escapes, immunity to shackles and silence, a short ranged sleep that can also be used for set up; and you have a combo of inspiration stacks which lowers your global cooldown while debuffing enemies in close range (this is also in testing).

All of these combine to make you a mobile caster which is dangerous up close and harder to pin down than the daggerspell, but your raw burst abilities and cc is also less than that of a daggerspell. The build might also feel incomplete until the level cap is raised and more skill points are added.

If you like the idea of a mobile mage though, enigmatist is a pretty good class.

ghofmann
09-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Hey guys, read this discussion on the enigmatist build and wanted to get your thoughts on my concept build: http://www.arche-base.com/builds/view/19378#4.7.8/xHA12UmjUaE

It's a Fire Mage Enigmatist - Resilient, Mobile, Cloaked. Basically sneak behind or up to the enemy while invisible, pop defensive buffs, Mage Circle, unload Meteorstrike and Flamebolts, drop back, then ??? Only two combos are listed, with Flamebolt and Meteorstrike inflicting Confligration on burning targets. What is Confligration, anyway?

But drop back makes Firebolt instant and I can get maintain 2 stacks of inspired if a fight lasts longer than 15 seconds with the Thwart skill and Hearten Auramancy passive.

I haven't ever played the game, just downloaded last night. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Majesto
09-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Give freeze status with frigid tracks, then, instant cast freezing arrow, giving deepfreeze status ; from this point, you have a 15 second (30 seconds in PvE) sleep debuff on your target, which should allow you to switch weapon, drink pots, reply to that annoying guy on the faction chat, and yet successfuly land meteor strike.
-M.

ghofmann
09-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks, bro. What two skills/passives would you remove, then?