PDA

View Full Version : Fish, hunt, and mix potions in our newest limited time events!

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-20-2016, 09:31 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/07/July_August_blog.jpg

The July Update has brought more than just bug fixes and small updates – it’s also brought a brand new set of limited time events that are offering great rewards! Make sure to catch these quests before they’re gone for good!

It’s Seabug Season: Now until August 2
It’s Seabug madness out there! Someone’s gotta do something!

Retrieve the Seabug quest from the Divine Clock and turn it in with an elder stationed at the Ezi’s Light in Austera, Ezna, or Diamond Shores. Hunt Giant Seabugs, Mother Seabugs, Level 50 Seabugs, and Level 35 Seabug Pupas to earn Sea Coins, or go after the Lusca with a trusty Hunting Harpoon to claim 2 Sea Coins. If you can hunt the Lusca 10 times, you’ll also earn a bonus 5 Sea Coins for your efforts and complete the achievement, “Young Gentleman.”

Redeem the coins for a variety of prizes including Fusion Alembics, Bound Crest Brainstorms, Yada Yada Yata Hats, the unique Windcreek and Silver Oasis Lute decorations, a Heroic Bound Caernord Sea Serpent Propulsion System, Salon Certificates, and more!

These quests will continue until 11:59 PM GMT on August 2!

Fish for Shining Shoals: Now until July 26
There’s a new type of shimmer in the water, and it’s not buried treasure! Grab your sport fishing set and head out to the seas to see if you can become a Master Fisherman by catching a brand new set of “shining” fish.

If you can catch the Shining Marlin, Shining Sailfish, Shining Bluefin Tuna, and Shining Sturgeon, head back to a fish stand so you can get them stuffed! Collect all 4 trophies to unlock a limited time achievement and earn the “Fiesta Fisherman” title and a Vocation Costume suited for fishing. This costume offers +3% swimming speed, an extra 5% experience bonus when labor points are consumed, 8% damage increase in sport fishing, and a 20% Cooldown time reduction on the propellant skill on fishing vessels.

Act fast! These fish and achievement disappear at 11:59 AM GMT on July 26!

Become a Weekend Mixer: Weekends from now until August 14
Every Saturday and Sunday is a new test of your alchemical prowess! Complete the daily elixir quest to gain a special elixir that will only last for 12 hours, but can stack a bonus every hour for 5 hours! The elixir won’t be consumed after drinking it either, so if you lose the buff you can drink it again to re-apply the bonus. The elixirs will expire after 12 hours even if they aren’t consumed, so make sure to drink them.

Saturday’s Liquid Fame elixir will increase honor points received from kills and quests. The bonus starts at a 20% increase and will increase by 20% each hour, all the way up to a 100% bonus on the last hour, hour 5.

Sunday’s Bubbling Energy elixir will help you recover extra labor points until they run out! The bonus starts at an extra 3 Labor regained every 5 minutes and will increase by 3 each hour its used, all the way up to a 15 labor per 5 minute bonus on the last hour, hour 5.

These potions will expire if you’re not logged in when their buff increases, so make sure to stay logged in to get the maximum bonus!

Weekend Mixer will last until 11:59 PM GMT on August 14.

ReFIeX
07-20-2016, 09:55 AM
Not bad not good ...

neoVictrix
07-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Just updated the main page for the wiki (we really need more people keeping that up to date btw).
Hopefully I'll manage to get those four fish trophies before the event is over.

Focslain
07-20-2016, 10:08 AM
Not sure if my calculation is off, but for the bonus labour buff it looks like after 5 hours patrons are getting about an hour's worth of labour. Now non-patrons it's not too bad at two hours of not having to be logged in.

Overall seems like these are meh. Will try them out this week and see.

SavannahLynn
07-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Rip...I did the seabugs b/c I didn't see this posted before I logged into the game -_- I thought maybe there were two quests or something.....*grumble*

Shalille
07-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Rip...I did the seabugs b/c I didn't see this posted before I logged into the game -_- I thought maybe there were two quests or something.....*grumble*

There is 2 quests I think from what I saw in pts, you have to unwrap the harpoon in your bag , and then the elder will offer the quest to shoot a lusca.

BUT dont unwrap it until its lusca time, cos its stuck on your back....

You could drop it and it stays on ground for 4 mins, enough time to log in a alt to hold it perhaps.

SavannahLynn
07-20-2016, 10:20 AM
There is 2 quests I think from what I saw in pts, you have to unwrap the harpoon in your bag , and then the elder will offer the quest to shoot a lusca.

BUT dont unwrap it until its lusca time, cos its stuck on your back....

You could drop it and it stays on ground for 4 mins, enough time to log in a alt to hold it perhaps.

Oh really? :o I stole someone's harpoon already lol...let it poof on a house. Rip that guy.

Thank youuuuuu <3 *shares cookies*

Shalille
07-20-2016, 10:35 AM
Oh really? :o I stole someone's harpoon already lol...let it poof on a house. Rip that guy.

Thank youuuuuu <3 *shares cookies*

If you activated the quest ticket from bottom left, and opened the letter and spoke to the elder and got the seabug quest, you should also have received a wrapped lusca harpoon in your bag. When you unwrap this, the elder lights up with a new quest to shoot a lusca.

SavannahLynn
07-20-2016, 10:42 AM
If you activated the quest ticket from bottom left, and opened the letter and spoke to the elder and got the seabug quest, you should also have received a wrapped lusca harpoon in your bag. When you unwrap this, the elder lights up with a new quest to shoot a lusca.

Yeah...about this....

If you do the seabug quest and turn it in BEFORE unwrapping the harpoon, you won't get the 2nd quest. Rip :(

(All from judging multiple experiences on Salphira)

neoVictrix
07-20-2016, 10:46 AM
Question about the shining fish. Is it intentional that we can't store them in a 30-day longliner? if so then rip all those without an actual fishing boat.

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot they're treated as gargantuan and need to be hooked.

Erigon Dragonbane
07-20-2016, 10:48 AM
3 events...not 4...ima right? :-)

notebene
07-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Yeah...about this....

If you do the seabug quest and turn it in BEFORE unwrapping the harpoon, you won't get the 2nd quest. Rip :(

(All from judging multiple experiences on Salphira)

So...then don't you need to use the harpoon at the Lusca event? Which means if you unwrap the harpoon, you are stuck with a harpoon your your back all day, or until you can arrange to go to that event?

SavannahLynn
07-20-2016, 11:11 AM
So...then don't you need to use the harpoon at the Lusca event? Which means if you unwrap the harpoon, you are stuck with a harpoon your your back all day, or until you can arrange to go to that event?

You *do* need the harpoon for the lusca. You need to avoid doing the seabug quest until lusca in order to get that quest. I just lost out on 2 coins today because I did my seabug quest and turned it in without unwrapping my harpoon for the lusca quest :(

So basically....Wait to grab quests until Lusca time. Then do both.

Xelly
07-20-2016, 11:24 AM
where does the wknd mixer event start? i was on pts on sunday, and the shiny fish even was live but i couldnt find where the the wknd event start. or was that one not live yet

Dethgasm
07-20-2016, 11:49 AM
Do I actually have to stuff the fish myself or could I just buy the trophies from the AH? Would that still count? I'm not going to have a lot of time to play this coming week so.

Sayura
07-20-2016, 12:09 PM
"the unique Windcreek and Silver Oasis Lute decorations"

These don't appear to be decor items but rather instruments.

http://i.imgur.com/IO3qQEs.png

Can anyone confirm if they can be placed in a house?

BellaJTam
07-20-2016, 12:13 PM
"the unique Windcreek and Silver Oasis Lute decorations"

These don't appear to be decor items but rather instruments.

http://i.imgur.com/IO3qQEs.png

Can anyone confirm if they can be placed in a house?

On the live stream, they were shown in a house on the wall. Haven't been online yet though.

notebene
07-20-2016, 12:21 PM
On the live stream, they were shown in a house on the wall. Haven't been online yet though.

I 'think' those were instruments from the Zodiac event though? :confused:

notebene
07-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Do I actually have to stuff the fish myself or could I just buy the trophies from the AH? Would that still count? I'm not going to have a lot of time to play this coming week so.

Was wondering the same thing. People chasing me all over the place off fishing spots. Not going so well for me.

notebene
07-20-2016, 12:24 PM
Are people doing "catch and release" until they get their hands on a shiny, and just using clippers and keeping it on their backs for speed? One at a time?

Sayura
07-20-2016, 12:27 PM
I 'think' those were instruments from the Zodiac event though? :confused:

Those are under the Zodiac Festival category in mirage and are listed as decor items but Celestrata wrote "the unique Windcreek and Silver Oasis Lute decorations" under the event title "It’s Seabug Season: Now until August 2".

It looks the decor versions of the lutes come from the Zodiac festival and the playable versions from It's Seabug Season so that line in the write-up should probably change to reflect this.

zombie3000
07-20-2016, 12:29 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/07/July_August_blog.jpg

Sunday’s Bubbling Energy elixir will help you recover extra labor points until they run out! The bonus starts at an extra 3 Labor regained every 5 minutes and will increase by 3 each hour its used, all the way up to a 15 labor per 5 minute bonus on the last hour, hour 5.

These potions will expire if you’re not logged in when their buff increases, so make sure to stay logged in to get the maximum bonus!

I Hope expiring elixirs aren't gonna become the norm for these events, i would rather get a bound workers comp potion..

Eshva
07-20-2016, 12:59 PM
So for the lusca portion of the seabugs quest, hows that work for pirates? You have to go to Ezna or Austera to get the quest triggered due to the elder in DS being surrounded by cannons that blow you up?

Shalille
07-20-2016, 01:42 PM

Yes or you can even borrow a trophy from someone and it updates the quest then give it back to them.

Kekzaa
07-20-2016, 01:45 PM
Has anyone tried fishing yet? What's the rate on catching shiny fish?

Trixstir
07-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Ok the post claimed 4 events, only info about 3. The patch was called zodiac festival and I noticed there is a place to claim Zodiac festival items. is this a upcoming event they just forgot to talk about?

raincloud
07-20-2016, 02:25 PM
You *do* need the harpoon for the lusca. You need to avoid doing the seabug quest until lusca in order to get that quest. I just lost out on 2 coins today because I did my seabug quest and turned it in without unwrapping my harpoon for the lusca quest :(

So basically....Wait to grab quests until Lusca time. Then do both.

So, is it possible to do both luscas and seabugs in one day? You just have to do them in the correct order?

SnOwY
07-20-2016, 03:02 PM
I love the fact you've made this event, I have one problem with it - I cannot complete the quest due to my time difference, Luscas's only event is 8am in the morning, which is when I have to go to work. I won't be able to complete this quest or get the bonus except on the weekend... maybe you could have changed the luscas quest to multiple times of the day so people have time to complete the new event. :( Dissappointed I can't enjoy the event.

SavannahLynn
07-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Ok the post claimed 4 events, only info about 3. The patch was called zodiac festival and I noticed there is a place to claim Zodiac festival items. is this a upcoming event they just forgot to talk about?

They said Zodiac is in August.

CorScor
07-20-2016, 06:55 PM
ok sorry if i missed something obvious but when are the lusca event time/s for na plz??

Kurita
07-20-2016, 10:35 PM

If you have an DC it will be gone, right?

britishchaos
07-21-2016, 03:03 AM

from what i understood you will only lose it if that tiers time runs out and you are not logged in. if you have half an hour left on the buff and you DC you should still have it when you log back in

RoaringDavid
07-21-2016, 01:11 PM
So it turns out that you can't image anything onto the fishing costumes, bug or intended?

Vixrell
07-21-2016, 03:23 PM
How are we supposed to do the luscas event quest when we can't go through worldgates with the harpoon on our backs?

Celestrata Bloodsong
07-21-2016, 06:30 PM

Only if you're not online when the potion buff runs out and needs to upgrade. But, if this happens, you can re-apply the potion if you're still within that 12 hour window.

Mynxae
07-21-2016, 07:38 PM
So it turns out that you can't image anything onto the fishing costumes, bug or intended?

I did about 9-10 hours ago, maybe you just need'a relog or something?

Galadriane
07-21-2016, 09:23 PM
I love the fact you've made this event, I have one problem with it - I cannot complete the quest due to my time difference, Luscas's only event is 8am in the morning, which is when I have to go to work. I won't be able to complete this quest or get the bonus except on the weekend... maybe you could have changed the luscas quest to multiple times of the day so people have time to complete the new event. :( Dissappointed I can't enjoy the event.

same here - can't never get to do Lusca for that same reason. having a limited event tied to a scheduled event really sucks for us.

wooglemoogle
07-21-2016, 11:41 PM

Was wondering the same thing. People chasing me all over the place off fishing spots. Not going so well for me.

Looks like it does work if you buy from AH (just tried it).

Dimi
07-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Anyone have problems with the luscas reward of the event?I'm stuck with the lusca essence - the elder does not except it - and it keeps giving me the quest for the luscas.
Any chance of trading the essence somewhere else ? Or can you fix this bug pls?( i tried talking to all the elders- nothing)

AgentRed
07-22-2016, 02:40 PM
So for Fish for Shining Shoals do you need to catch the fish or can you just buy the trophies from other players? 2nd question where do you get the quest to start it?

Numaia
07-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Fishing Costume: Grand Merchant's Costume... It gives some effects when equipped but it doesnt change the appearance of our armour... Is it possible to fuse it with another image item???? Does it look the way it is supposed to (aka. invisible)?

Huo
07-22-2016, 07:20 PM
So for Fish for Shining Shoals do you need to catch the fish or can you just buy the trophies from other players? 2nd question where do you get the quest to start it?

There's no quest, and yes you can buy the trophies for it to count.

Lurianna
07-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Where does the Mixing Quests Starts?? I don`t find something.

Kurita
07-22-2016, 11:44 PM
Mirage Island

Pitt
07-23-2016, 01:04 AM
EDIT: Found it, nvm.

Lurianna
07-23-2016, 01:16 AM
found it too

Turambaredolas
07-23-2016, 02:05 AM

Wasn't your original message that you can't find the royal guard's honor?
Would you be so kind to share info instead of simply editing your post to "Problem solved - for me"
I've been looking in marianople, ezna and mirage. Out of ideas where you could find a royal guard. Crescent throne?

Now for real: it's that one def potion. You can easily recognize it by its exploded price on the AH.

VellRius
07-23-2016, 10:59 AM
It seems like a fun event, the fishing. However with how severely imbalanced the factions are on the server I'm playing on (I still have great friends on here, that's why I am staying.), it's just not do-able. And the last thing I want to do is get up in the midst of night because that's when the least of the enemy faction should be online.

For the people saying fighting back is an option, there is a severe gap between my faction and the enemy faction when it comes to gear.

Traciatim
07-23-2016, 12:19 PM
It seems like a fun event, the fishing. However with how severely imbalanced the factions are on the server I'm playing on (I still have great friends on here, that's why I am staying.), it's just not do-able. And the last thing I want to do is get up in the midst of night because that's when the least of the enemy faction should be online.

For the people saying fighting back is an option, there is a severe gap between my faction and the enemy faction when it comes to gear.

You can just buy the trophies on the AH, pass them around your guild, and then relist them so it doesn't even cost all that much money if you want the costume.

Aeric Silverleaf
07-23-2016, 12:19 PM
So, is it possible to do both luscas and seabugs in one day? You just have to do them in the correct order?
i'm unsure what the issue is i did seabugs then unwrapped the lusca box in front of the elder, pretty sure he gave me the quest, my only problem is i am employed and the weekend is the only chance to do lusca with the sucky schedule they have it on.

Aeric Silverleaf
07-23-2016, 12:22 PM

Every Saturday and Sunday is a new test of your alchemical prowess! Complete the daily elixir quest to gain a special elixir that will only last for 12 hours, but can stack a bonus every hour for 5 hours! The elixir won’t be consumed after drinking it either, so if you lose the buff you can drink it again to re-apply the bonus. The elixirs will expire after 12 hours even if they aren’t consumed, so make sure to drink them.

Saturday’s Liquid Fame elixir will increase honor points received from kills and quests. The bonus starts at a 20% increase and will increase by 20% each hour, all the way up to a 100% bonus on the last hour, hour 5.

i noticed the constellation bags in the merit section, and was wondering if a quest was left unstated or if opening those is the event. and when does weekend mixer start i don;t have a clock for that and it is the weekend now.

VellRius
07-23-2016, 12:39 PM
Actually, I don't have a lot of gold because every time I dare to set a foot in a PvP zone of my faction, the other faction or my own faction will just jump at me the moment they see I have packs. While it is relatively normal for that to happen, they do camp the entrance spots.

raincloud
07-23-2016, 01:17 PM
i noticed the constellation bags in the merit section, and was wondering if a quest was left unstated or if opening those is the event. and when does weekend mixer start i don;t have a clock for that and it is the weekend now.

The constellation jar seems to be tied to the upcoming zodiac event.

But, same here, how do you start the weekend event?

Kalli Matthews
07-23-2016, 01:39 PM
noone answered this, asked myself 2 times already, but found the quest starter at mirage. no idea how to proceed then, though....

€dith: ffs, we have to craft those stupid tier 1 def pots.... and i was looking for NPCs or mobs.... -.-*

JXRaiv
07-23-2016, 05:04 PM
For Labor buff you have to craft 10 "Misty Memory" -> 10 Mana Potions rank 2.

Vivyane
07-23-2016, 05:33 PM
For Labor buff you have to craft 10 "Misty Memory" -> 10 Mana Potions rank 2.

Anyone else not see the rank 1 mana potion in the craft window? It's needed to make the misty memory for the quest :S
Edit: other rank 1 recipes are missing from other crafts as well, not just alchemy.

Kalli Matthews
07-23-2016, 05:59 PM
Anyone else not see the rank 1 mana potion in the craft window? It's needed to make the misty memory for the quest :S
Edit: other rank 1 recipes are missing from other crafts as well, not just alchemy.
the rank 1 recipes have been removed with 2.9, u can directly buy them now from cooking/alchemy merchants.

Aeric Silverleaf
07-23-2016, 09:13 PM
the rank 1 recipes have been removed with 2.9, u can directly buy them now from cooking/alchemy merchants.

They should never have removed the recipes, it crippled being able to craft what you wanted when you wanted, now you have to run to merchant x and pay gold hard earned gold for what you should have been able to craft yourself for xp, so stupid to do, if they want to sell them too, that's fine, but put the recipes back!!!!

Aeric Silverleaf
07-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Anyone have problems with the luscas reward of the event?I'm stuck with the lusca essence - the elder does not except it - and it keeps giving me the quest for the luscas.
Any chance of trading the essence somewhere else ? Or can you fix this bug pls?( i tried talking to all the elders- nothing)

did you have at least 2 essences?

CorScor
07-24-2016, 01:22 AM

same here :C halp??

Eresion
07-27-2016, 04:45 PM
yea this questline event is buggy as hello i just had the elder not give me the lusca quest 2 days in a row and on top of that while doing the seabug event i just had my seabug quest disapear just disapear ??i mean wtf this is horrible how are those of us trying to get the evenmt doe despite its many bugs and then it messes up in a way that i cant workaround with other players help i mean how do we fix this and get the rewards we want??

XAJoker
07-28-2016, 01:44 AM
Complete the daily elixir quest

Any chance next time you can elaborate on that part and not gloss over it? Not fun having to search 7 pages of replies to get half an idea of what that means. From what I can gather, it starts in Mirage with a hard to find NPC. Then, I have to find a merchant that sells rank 1 alchemy stuff. After that I assume it is easy to complete? Not sure I really want to, but guess I'll try and find out this weekend.

Wolfshe
07-28-2016, 05:48 AM
Any chance next time you can elaborate on that part and not gloss over it? Not fun having to search 7 pages of replies to get half an idea of what that means. From what I can gather, it starts in Mirage with a hard to find NPC. Then, I have to find a merchant that sells rank 1 alchemy stuff. After that I assume it is easy to complete? Not sure I really want to, but guess I'll try and find out this weekend.

LOL the NPC is not hard to find, you can see the quest marker after loading into mirage :p

zanti
07-28-2016, 06:15 AM
for the lusca event make sure you are at the DS elder so when you open your harpoon get the quest and jump on a boat going to the event - you cannot jump through the lusca portal with your harpoon (lol) you can jump through a normal portal just not the one you need.

If you get the essence and no credit wait till the next lusca day to unwrap your next harpoon you can turn in your quest to the elder immediately and still have the harpoon on your back to shoot another lusca. It screws up less that way but yeah i haven't gotten credit for half the times you are supposed to get but thats a normal operating procedure for events here.

XAJoker
07-28-2016, 12:44 PM
LOL the NPC is not hard to find, you can see the quest marker after loading into mirage :p

Thank you for the info, save me lots of time running around looking in corners first.

Wolfshe
08-01-2016, 11:21 PM
Thank you for the info, save me lots of time running around looking in corners first.

You are welcome :D

I LOVE the Sunday potion <3 all that yummy labor :D

par66
08-02-2016, 05:33 PM
What a waste of time event. Was hoping to get a crest storage crate for my ship. But got 14 coins in total, so more coins to waste space in my warehouse. Having an event where some people can only do one of the quests seems stupid. I feel like spending time killing the seabugs was just a waste. The one item I wanted out of the event and I was gonna end up short of coins for it. It would have been nice if the event lasted long enough so people who do the one event could have a chance of one of the top gifts.

Wolfshe
08-04-2016, 11:28 PM
What a waste of time event. Was hoping to get a crest storage crate for my ship. But got 14 coins in total, so more coins to waste space in my warehouse. Having an event where some people can only do one of the quests seems stupid. I feel like spending time killing the seabugs was just a waste. The one item I wanted out of the event and I was gonna end up short of coins for it. It would have been nice if the event lasted long enough so people who do the one event could have a chance of one of the top gifts.

Yeah sadly alot of people got screwed out of getting tokens because of the crappy times for lusca (for me its 00:00 in the evening and I have to get up for work at 06:30)