PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge 3.0 Fresh Start without Pay to Win

Kuparino
07-21-2016, 09:51 PM
The amount of people who will return to ArcheAge will be ridiculous. So many people love this game, but a lot of the features don't allow people to be competitive if they are not spending money. All I am asking is to hear me out and release one server that is a fresh start with access to only cosmetics in the store or non-pay to win features. At this point I don't see a reason you wouldn't try it, especially with the slowly decaying population of ArcheAge. I and so many others just want to see the game we love become great again.

BURMAN
07-22-2016, 04:39 AM
Sure, lets open up NA Archeage's 10th server to further dilute the population.

People attracted to these kinds of servers only stick around for a short period of time and while good for business, it isnt healthy for the games overall health.

Trion needs to get rid of about 6 existing servers so that legacy servers dont feel dead before they even consider this. Problem is, the people who run this game at Trion are in denial over the game's actual population do to the amount of alts running around. Trion doesn't have any idea what it is like to actually play this game right now because the only one who really plays it is Khrolan and he plays on Morpheous East.

Trion is protecting the land of potatos on servers with obscenely low population, it hurts the health of all servers and hurts the experience one should have in an MMO.

DO NOT RELEASE A FRESH START SERVER WITHOUT FIXING LEGACY SERVERS FIRST.

mikroman
07-22-2016, 04:52 AM
Sure, lets open up NA Archeage's 10th server to further dilute the population.

People attracted to these kinds of servers only stick around for a short period of time and while good for business, it isnt healthy for the games overall health.

Trion needs to get rid of about 6 existing servers so that legacy servers dont feel dead before they even consider this. Problem is, the people who run this game at Trion are in denial over the game's actual population do to the amount of alts running around. Trion doesn't have any idea what it is like to actually play this game right now because the only one who really plays it is Khrolan and he plays on Morpheous East.

Trion is protecting the land of potatos on servers with obscenely low population, it hurts the health of all servers and hurts the experience one should have in an MMO.

DO NOT RELEASE A FRESH START SERVER WITHOUT FIXING LEGACY SERVERS FIRST.

Fixing what? Dead end is dead end. What factors will generate more players in this old servers? The extreme gear gap and the 0% chance in OWPvP as new player? The options of spending 1000s of dollars to be average like 80% of old players in this servers? The closed housing system without good spots & land mafia or the killers who will make your carebear life miserable? Or the ghost town feeling in dead servers? What is your argument? How can this old server keep old players and offer REAL chance to new players to join in?

+to start new fresh start server is confirmed, but no clear timing to implement it.

BURMAN
07-22-2016, 05:15 AM
Participating in end-game content only requires the right mentality which obviously you lack.

Players who arent willing to put forth the effort to fight through adversity are going to quit immediately regardless of what server they are on.

A fresh start server would put a bandaid on a population issue where this game is bleeding out in 5 other different areas.

Players need less places to run, not more. Whatever happened to embracing a challenge?

mikroman
07-22-2016, 05:25 AM
Sure. Right mentality will help you in +1-2 GS disadvantage. Clear and fine. The problem is not the lonely whale. The problem is the grouping instinct of strong players. If one group/guild reach critical mass of strong players zerg tactic of weak players is not working. Strategy doesn't work, tricks don't work. Fresh meats die too fast + organize enormous big zerg guild alliances is problematic. If the server has many strong guild that is nice... but fresh players will only free kills.

Fresh start servers have healthy populations and this server stay more active than old servers after key problems of game kill the "fun" like in old servers. This is gear centric game. Gear is everything. Skill is secondary. New guys have low chance vs old players. In other side: offering fast safe item upgrades to "catch" the old groups is not fair. New server is clear and good option.

BURMAN
07-22-2016, 05:35 AM
I fail to see how opening a brand new server is going to prevent players from forming large groups.

What you fail to realize is that in order to counter high gs players you only need 3 things: Mentality, numbers and composition.

The mageball is specifically designed to disable high GS players so they can't kill you with their gs advantage. Do you want to win? Stop thinking about being the chief, be an indian. Roll mage, press hellspears and take your server over.

mikroman
07-22-2016, 05:58 AM
I fail to see how opening a brand new server is going to prevent players from forming large groups.

What you fail to realize is that in order to counter high gs players you only need 3 things: Mentality, numbers and composition.

The mageball is specifically designed to disable high GS players so they can't kill you with their gs advantage. Do you want to win? Stop thinking about being the chief, be an indian. Roll mage, press hellspears and take your server over.

You are adorable! Never chnage! :D
We played in "fresh" server in 2nd strongest guild maybe. we were big, organized and we had good enough gear. All other guilds were "weak zergs" for us. But that strongest guild has +500-1k GS maybe. You can't handle this advantage. Neither in 1v1, neitherr in small group PvP neither in full raids. What you can do they can do it too, but they hit harder. +you can't run away in PvP sometimes. If you do world boss kills, DGS you have no option to play hit & run... or you lose the best item drops ALL time.
I wrote it in previous post. The problem is not the lonely high GS guy or 2-3 players group. The problem is the standard PvP player behavior. If you are strong and you like pvP you join to other Pvp players. Many "hard points" in same area is not "easy to handle using more zergs" or mentality things. Your zergs will run away after 1-2 lost battle. Or they will lose next 10-20 battles without real "wins".

edit: new server give us some good months. Nothing else. If devs/publishers do it right we can't generate big gear advantages short time in 1-1 guilds and the game will fun for longer time...

romonster
07-22-2016, 10:07 AM
My guild has several people who have started the game in the last few months. It took them about 2 months to gear up and develop skills sufficient to be able compete with and sometimes beat long-time players. It's not impossible for a new player to succeed on an old server at all.

Diggot
07-25-2016, 07:47 AM
New players coming to the game and finding out they will get ANNIHILATED in pvp for the next year, unless they spend 1000$+
on gear, doesn't help keeping new players playing... I myself are constantly debating if i should stick around or not.
I've just spent 1000 gold on my axe, and its not even Celestial yet, then i have 10+ more items to craft and regrade
before i even got a chance in pvp...

That's not a good way to keep new players. Tell you what tho.... the second another mmo with NO P2W comes,
i will leave AA in a heartbeat - and all those 6k+ GS Creditcard warriors can kiss my behind.

Diggot
07-25-2016, 07:52 AM
My guild has several people who have started the game in the last few months. It took them about 2 months to gear up and develop skills sufficient to be able compete with and sometimes beat long-time players. It's not impossible for a new player to succeed on an old server at all.

Goodluck gearing up 6k+ GS in 2 months from start, without a sugardaddy or insane amount of help.
I'm considererd one of the richest in my guild, and i can barely afford buying a Celestial Annihilator item.

Considering how screwed up Regreading is... you stand 80% risk of losing any item regraded over Unique,
and if you take Unique-ranked weapons into pvp, you get facemelted instantly.

There is NO WAY a new player can reach 6k+ GS in a few months without someone else paying for their cake.

Rururu
07-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Goodluck gearing up 6k+ GS in 2 months from start, without a sugardaddy or insane amount of help.
I'm considererd one of the richest in my guild, and i can barely afford buying a Celestial Annihilator item.

Considering how screwed up Regreading is... you stand 80% risk of losing any item regraded over Unique,
and if you take Unique-ranked weapons into pvp, you get facemelted instantly.

There is NO WAY a new player can reach 6k+ GS in a few months without someone else paying for their cake.

You don't need to be 6k GS in order to make an impact as long as you play a class which functions in a very specific roll.

- a 5k GS Skullknight for instance can be very disruptive to multiple higher GSs at the same time, their damage output is poor, but their ability to lock out or lock down targets is based on the skillset alone, higher GSs allow them to take on many more opponents before they die.

- a 5k GS Revenant along with other Revenants can put together a powerful mageball which counters most melees in the game.

- a 4.5k GS Soothsayer with a Auroria rez helmet can sit on the outside of a fight until someone dies and quickly rez them, especially good in water fights.

Even a 5k GS Darkrunner with a good 2hander and epherium gear can do some good burst damage to high levels GSs if they aren't caught.

You aren't going to win anything if you give up before you try.

Diggot
07-26-2016, 05:03 PM
I'm a 4.3k Abolisher in Plate with sword&shield, and i get demolished instantly by high GS players
while my attacks does no damage worth talking about.. a 6k GS Primeval will nuke me before i
even get in range to touch them.

I'm running out of money and i haven't even started on my Obsidian gear, which i need to upgrade
to Annihilator and then regrade.. OR i need to BUY the armors, for 6-7k EACH.

romonster
07-26-2016, 05:25 PM
I'm running out of money and i haven't even started on my Obsidian gear, which i need to upgrade to Annihilator and then regrade....
That's the expensive way. Do it in the opposite order to save gold. Regrade to Divine or above at tier 1. Once you get the regrading done, THEN upgrade it to the higher tiers and gem it. And of course, don't ever regrade without having a backup weapon in case it breaks.

Globaln00b
07-26-2016, 09:40 PM

you just giving the wrong feedback that trion dont need hear,as example of 100 players, 20 of new players keep grind gear and play the game but they never gona realy catch up the old players " NEVER" so they get some good gear but 80 they see what i can see and they just leave the game with no feedback whats so ever they never gona get the resourcs of a old player as land / veicules/profs xp why you think AA playerbase just keep shrink and shrink even more ? new players should play againsst new players, old chars play against old chars " on legacy servers" what do they need do its a create a cicle of new server "new players and x servers merges dont leet ppl going insane on free farm, because as new player you gona get much better exp ingame if you play with new players aswell

romonster
07-27-2016, 12:06 AM
you just giving the wrong feedback that trion dont need hear,as example of 100 players, 20 of new players keep grind gear and play the game but they never gona realy catch up the old players...
Actually my guildmates have already caught up to some of the old players, and even surpassed a few. And no, they aren't whales. They just worked at it and had people who have played since alpha to teach them. That's all it takes.

mikroman
07-27-2016, 12:59 AM
you just giving the wrong feedback that trion dont need hear,as example of 100 players, 20 of new players keep grind gear and play the game but they never gona realy catch up the old players " NEVER" so they get some good gear but 80 they see what i can see and they just leave the game with no feedback whats so ever they never gona get the resourcs of a old player as land / veicules/profs xp why you think AA playerbase just keep shrink and shrink even more ? new players should play againsst new players, old chars play against old chars " on legacy servers" what do they need do its a create a cicle of new server "new players and x servers merges dont leet ppl going insane on free farm, because as new player you gona get much better exp ingame if you play with new players aswell

"Top" players of fresh start server catch the old servers after 3-4 months maybe. The only barrier in "new" server is the less high-end item in the system. The problem of "Top" playes was not the resources. They had tons of golds, just they can't buy nice things like red dragon weapons, T6-7 and epic+ items. They buy out all this items but that was limited in 1 server AH and in "new" system. DO you think Rangora and Morpheus have undergeared players now?

Globaln00b
07-27-2016, 02:26 AM
ignore the facts all you want if you are denied its your problem what i can say its after transfers open on rangora i stopped to have fun on rangora, do you realy think AA its all about gear ? so i need go grind 3/4 months to try catch up gear ? you play AA for competitive side or fun ? because if you trying go competitive against p2ws you just gona rage quit im talking about have fun ingame and with this calls pvps players that most of case they only buy apex and sells and stuff its no fun anymore with open trasnf rangora its a ticked bomb to died server now

mikroman
07-27-2016, 03:17 AM
ignore the facts all you want if you are denied its your problem what i can say its after transfers open on rangora i stopped to have fun on rangora, do you realy think AA its all about gear ? so i need go grind 3/4 months to try catch up gear ? you play AA for competitive side or fun ? because if you trying go competitive against p2ws you just gona rage quit im talking about have fun ingame and with this calls pvps players that most of case they only buy apex and sells and stuff its no fun anymore with open trasnf rangora its a ticked bomb to died server now

Most of the "strong" PVp guilds and players left the game before transfer opened in Rangora. Or that was the plan and Idk what did they do because I switched to less "free" game. :D
Strongest PvP players can't find good big PvP-s because other guilds ignored them because their gear advantage after 3 months. So, "top PvP" guild feel bad in this server and they had no chance to join other server. Leave or switch to other game or play in smaller scale. They lost many active members. The server was "not fun" before transfer too. And p2w is not a big problem in "'fresh" servers. If the server has many active players and hardest p2w items are locked in 1st 1-2 weeks card gamers will "lose" the race. Ok, smarter card gamers will get advantage later, but most of the top players was not p2w players. If some good players have Mastercard ultra-platinum-VIP card.. .ok, that is harder. Solo whales are not so hards. Rangora has many whales with less good strategy. They were funny objects. :D

mikroman
08-09-2016, 04:08 AM
Any news in "fresh start server" topic? Daum-kakao lose many players in BDO now. (p2w patch news, 0 informations and feedbacks, old lies). If Archeage start not totally broken new server it can absorb many players. But that is done. Nobody are working in Trino and in Xlgame in this weeks. They lost the easy big money. ;)

Rururu
08-09-2016, 02:45 PM
Trion should fix the issues with their existing servers before they even think about opening another one.

mikroman
08-10-2016, 07:45 AM
Trion should fix the issues with their existing servers before they even think about opening another one.

Do you remember any fix issues "event" where Trino (and xlg) fixed issues first and missed some money makink opportunities?
:D
And what are this issues? I know some issues, but I can't see too many options to fix them in old used systems. New server can ignore old stucked issues and inbalanced items (or factions... in the start time). Ok-ok. Maybe some modification in this Darkrunner Age game version...

Nobel
08-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Do you remember any fix issues "event" where Trino (and xlg) fixed issues first and missed some money makink opportunities?
:D
And what are this issues? I know some issues, but I can't see too many options to fix them in old used systems. New server can ignore old stucked issues and inbalanced items (or factions... in the start time). Ok-ok. Maybe some modification in this Darkrunner Age game version...

1 Shot Age will end soon thx to 3.0 not just Drs

anyway this game need a PVE server (peace server) more then ever cuz creating the same server will result into same thing while a pve server will make ppl play and progress and if they want pvp they transfer to old servers this is how it should be donne

wooglemoogle
08-12-2016, 12:32 AM
1 Shot Age will end soon thx to 3.0 not just Drs

anyway this game need a PVE server (peace server) more then ever cuz creating the same server will result into same thing while a pve server will make ppl play and progress and if they want pvp they transfer to old servers this is how it should be donne

PvE server for farming gold and gearing up? You mean what players are already doing on the current servers, except faster?

The call for fresh-start is because people want to PvP or do activities with PvP-related elements without having to farm and grind a ♥♥♥♥load. As it is now, with no new players, PvP outside of endgame is pretty much non-existent. Meaning new/returning players don't experience any good PvP without first farming up. But open world PvP was and continues to be one of ArcheAge's biggest appeal.

Thoughts on this idea? As has been brought up in many discussions, having a supportive guild helping you really speeds up the process. Perhaps reward lower-level players (from quests/dailies/something active) with an alternative currency that they can award to guilds. And then have locked content that can only be done with this currency. The primary concern would be alts, but perhaps cap the amount one player can award to mitigate this, along with providing more incentive to help multiple players.

mikroman
08-12-2016, 01:57 AM
Fresh start server is good because more new players and old players can start (again) the game without disadvantage. And fresh servers have "clean game" periods. Hardest p2w contents are locked in 1st weeks. Guilds, groups and player's strategies, tactics, knowledges and skills have more chance vs card warriors. Than all content unlocked again, and acid injection to the system begining. We will get same trash after some months, but no transfer, separated AH +start time advantages can keep servers alive and fun for longer time. Inbalances, gear gap and p2w effects sill stay in game and it will destroy the game in long term, but we will have good months. If publishers/devs do it right more than half (or one) year . If they are too greedy and lazies 2-3 months maybe.

aushmee
11-07-2016, 09:53 AM
I dont understand why ppl want to live samething again and again. We saw what happened in last year. They opened 2 fresh servers they were ok in first 1-2 month after 3rd month p2w gap reach too high and there is no point to play. Because you need to spend 15 hour each day and multiple account for catch to hard p2w players. And there is no point bec they are just selling apex when you try to make trade runs and waste your time. 1 trade run full trad ship 100 gold profit or something like that as i remembered and it takes almost 30-45 min effort. On the other hand apex is 200+ gold and it just takes few mins effort to sell it. SO there is no logic to go in new server unlesss they change all their cash shop strategy by removing apex!!! Make the game pay2play not p2w.

If they do not change cash shop and apex selling same things will happen in these fresh server. There wont be more than 150-200 active people after 3 month. Thats what happened in last year fresh servers... They milked people then p2w reach high gap and non credit card power players start to leave game 1by1.

If you are not p2w player you are wasting your over %90 of your time by farming gold. So it is not a pvp game anymore.

ArcheAger
11-08-2016, 02:21 AM
The amount of people who will return to ArcheAge will be ridiculous. So many people love this game, but a lot of the features don't allow people to be competitive if they are not spending money. All I am asking is to hear me out and release one server that is a fresh start with access to only cosmetics in the store or non-pay to win features. At this point I don't see a reason you wouldn't try it, especially with the slowly decaying population of ArcheAge. I and so many others just want to see the game we love become great again.

First thing first, I don't disagree with your position.

But to suggest anything, you have to put yourself in the shoes of the game operator. Trion is not a charity organization, they are a _business_. Their employees are paid a salary _every_ month. Their servers cost money to maintain and upgrade. They need to pay XL Game their fair share of revenue. They need to pay rental for their office space etc etc. Behind each and every suggestion that you have, if you can back them up with how it is sustainable (financially) for Trion to implement it as you have suggested, then you will have a higher chance of your suggestion being accepted and implemented (for example, you can suggest that for such dedicated non-p2w server that will be totally and permanently isolated from the rest of the legacy server, the patron cost will cost double or triple.) Our suggestion, if not taking into account of the operational consideration of the implementation, will remain impractical (as far as financial sustainability is concerned) and un-implementable.

There are a million and one players already asking for what you have suggested, but so far few of them touch on the operational aspect of their suggestion.

mikroman
11-08-2016, 03:24 AM
I dont understand why ppl want to live samething again and again. We saw what happened in last year. They opened 2 fresh servers they were ok in first 1-2 month after 3rd month p2w gap reach too high and there is no point to play. Because you need to spend 15 hour each day and multiple account for catch to hard p2w players. And there is no point bec they are just selling apex when you try to make trade runs and waste your time. 1 trade run full trad ship 100 gold profit or something like that as i remembered and it takes almost 30-45 min effort. On the other hand apex is 200+ gold and it just takes few mins effort to sell it. SO there is no logic to go in new server unlesss they change all their cash shop strategy by removing apex!!! Make the game pay2play not p2w.

If they do not change cash shop and apex selling same things will happen in these fresh server. There wont be more than 150-200 active people after 3 month. Thats what happened in last year fresh servers... They milked people then p2w reach high gap and non credit card power players start to leave game 1by1.

If you are not p2w player you are wasting your over %90 of your time by farming gold. So it is not a pvp game anymore.

We had some whales in Eu, but the problem was not this creatures. Trino/xlgames didn't fix many things. All gamebreaking high gold output events were in game in the beginning. 1-2 guilds "won" the game in 1st month. DGS and other unbalanced events destroyed the game balance. The density of high GS players was too high in "top" guild. They had many golds and near 0 economy. This "anti carebear" mentality destroyed the economy of fresh server. Than this "pro" players started cry to get AH merge. They had money, but they can't generate basic materials.
The 2nd wave of "fresh start servers" will be better. Many OP events and items will be disabled in the starting period. This is nice. Multiaccount support will be the same. This is bigger problem. Nice try, but the core of the game is sick/infected.

PsyedStep
11-08-2016, 12:59 PM
The masses are not going to return to "fixed" legacy servers. Clearly I don't speak for everyone, but the people from my gaming community (as well as other real life friends, and forums from various websites) have shown this. Everyone is very reluctant to trust Trion again, even with how promising the new server launch looks for 3.0. I am also very much hoping they can keep even just one server free of pay2win content or "progression advancing" content as they refer to it as. I want to love this game, I think this is sort of a last chance opportunity for a lot of people who truly miss the Alpha ver. of this game

ArcheAger
11-10-2016, 01:28 AM
New players coming to the game and finding out they will get ANNIHILATED in pvp for the next year, unless they spend 1000$+
on gear, doesn't help keeping new players playing... I myself are constantly debating if i should stick around or not.
I've just spent 1000 gold on my axe, and its not even Celestial yet, then i have 10+ more items to craft and regrade
before i even got a chance in pvp...

That's not a good way to keep new players. Tell you what tho.... the second another mmo with NO P2W comes,
i will leave AA in a heartbeat - and all those 6k+ GS Creditcard warriors can kiss my behind.

The only MMO with no p2w is the one which has no commercial gold farmer selling gold outside the game. p2w players still get their way buying gold from the gold farmer. If you think gears in other MMO is only bind-on-pickup strictly through running raid, then there are commercial operators whom if you pay them a fee, they will provide as many players as needed to team up with you to farm raid (and they will pass their roll to you so you get all the loot from the raid). p2w come disguise in many forms. They are everywhere.

blahh
12-06-2016, 01:41 AM
https://www.change.org/p/in-please-trion-leave-pay-to-win-items-out-of-the-cash-shop-on-the-new-fresh-start-servers

ArcheAger
12-07-2016, 02:56 AM
https://www.change.org/p/in-please-trion-leave-pay-to-win-items-out-of-the-cash-shop-on-the-new-fresh-start-servers

The problem with these people (just like politicians and those newscasters) is they will use the term "many" "A lot" .. such as "many" people will come back or "A lot" of people will quit.

If you quiz them on the details, how many is "many"? How many is "A lot"? You will draw a blank silence. Is "many" referring to 10,000 players or 100,000 players or 1,000,000 players? And if it is, where did you get these numbers or did you make it up yourself? How is that "many" as a proportion of the total players population? 10,000 players is how many percentage of the population? 1%? 10%? 50%?

The only farker who know all these details _factually_ and not based on _speculation_ is Trion themselves because all these are commercial confidential info. And if anyone were to know better, it is Trion themselves and not the players. It is all about business. If it is indeed as claimed by the players, there is no reason why Trion don't want to earn more money and go with the players' suggestion. Trion business is to make money and not to piss off players. If Trion is not going the way of what the players wanted, it show that there is no business case for the players' suggestion and it is just wishful thinking on the player's part. WAKE UP and don't get pissed over something that is only ownself wishful thinking.

PS: Sorry if I may sound a bit pissed off. Its not about the players here. My outburst is more directed towards the unqualified use of the term "many" and "a lot" and such similar terms especially by those newscasters who should be presenting fact instead of opinion using such subjective term as "many" and "a lot". Sure, "a lot" of people hate Trump, yet he is elected. So what does "a lot" mean? Minority? Fark that.

Ragnorok
01-04-2017, 04:14 PM
hate to tell OP you were right this is bringing back old school players such as my self who truly miss AA, but I have to tell you after a week of observation P2W is alive and well on fresh start regrade spam is exactly how I remember it and now the swipes are swiping even harder. 1 month after launch and people are asking 3k for 24x24 farms and apex is at 90-110 gold pages and pages of divine and epic grade ship components and weapons on AH, people buying and selling 20-30 apex at a time. don't worry you non paying veterans returning to AA to try it out. you get an 8x8 anything bigger then that you will have to buy from the land sharks with half of the real estate undeveloped. Im not throwing the towel yet so ill pop back in with an update, but for now it looks like business as usual. I have considered heading back to thyang