PDA

View Full Version : Find your destiny during the Zodiac Festival: August 2 – 16

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-01-2016, 10:00 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/07/July_August_blog.jpg

Follow the light of the stars and heed the call of destiny as the citizens of Erenor gather for the Zodiac Festival!

Between 12:01 AM GMT on August 2 and 11:59 PM GMT on August 16 visit Solzreed Peninsula to take part in special daily quests and more! For a quick, free hop to the festival, visit Austera, Marianople, or Diamond Shores to find a Solzreed Peninsula worldgate in your Faction Base.

Once in Solzreed, complete the available quests to collect festival coins and earn unique Zodiac Constellation titles to wear! Here’s some of what you can look forward to:

Astrologist Agape will tell you to purchase a Constellation Jar from the Marketplace using Merit Badges. Make sure to get one before beginning your Festival Experience!

Quaini from the local pasture needs help making some Galaxy Gumbo, which can provide combat buffs. Collect the ingredients and cook up the soup each day for a Zodiac Festival Coin and 10 cooking proficiency.

Astrologist Linoa needs some Lustrous Golden Wool, as he’s already run out! Collect those wools and you’ll be rewarded with a Legend of the Zodiac and Husbandry Proficiency in addition to a Zodiac Festival Coin. Legends of the Zodiac can be bound together to create volumes of stories.

Astrologist Yattman needs help collecting Zodiac Owl Feathers, which can only be found at night. Completing his quest offers another Legend of the Zodiac and a Zodiac Festival Coin.

The Young Shepherd Paul isn’t very good at his job, and he’s trying to pull a fast one on Linoa with fabric. Your fabric. 100 fabric, to be precise. Helping this scamp with his ruse will earn you 5 Zodiac Festival Coins.

Once you’ve gotten your legs under you, visit Astrologist Agape again to receive a Constellation Sapling and then begin a Tree of Fate quest. To successfully grow this tree, you’ll need the assistance of another person who has a complimentary constellation title to yours. With their help, your tree will find its destiny and bear a Zodiac Leaf. Helping others bring their tree to fruition will net you 2 Zodiac leaves!

Earn 15 Zodiac Leaves to be able to earn a final reward of 3 Zodiac Festival Coins and the official festival title, “Star Seeker.” If you earn more leaves than the 15, you can turn them into festival coins at a rate of 8 leaves for 1 coin.

Your coins can be used to earn a series of star-struck items, including Bound Honor Boost Tonics, Bound Immortal XP Tonics, Flip-Flops, Bracelets, the Decorative Windcreek and Silver Oasis Lutes, additional Legends of the Zodiac, woven charms to decorate your house, the mystical and decorative Kismet Star Shard (which can make your constellation sign appear above your head), and a Zodiac Festival Pouch that will offer a small amount of gold.

But the true highlight of this event is the Kaleidoscope Flask, which will randomly give you a costume dye when used! Normally these dyes are available on the ArcheAge Marketplace, but you can get this item using your festival coins!

Follow your fates, Adventurers, and earn your coins before the event ends on August 16!

Toffin
08-01-2016, 10:30 AM
Thanks RNG... Now I know why I have bad rng and luck in this game... Im gonna blame Quill or The lady Dwarf on this one...

http://imgur.com/ZObcBgr

I would like a reroll on this... however I think I would just get the same thing again... FML

notebene
08-01-2016, 11:11 AM
TY!

Does this just turn on then, or is maintenance tomorrow instead of the usual (as of late) Wed to enable this?

Quillodon
08-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Thanks RNG... Now I know why I have bad rng and luck in this game... Im gonna blame Quill or The lady Dwarf on this one...

http://imgur.com/ZObcBgr

I would like a reroll on this... however I think I would just get the same thing again... FML

Haha I'll take the blame, if someone has to. We could've sugar-coated the "tragic" constellations during localization if we really wanted.

But we didn't =P
-Quill

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-01-2016, 11:54 AM
TY!

Does this just turn on then, or is maintenance tomorrow instead of the usual (as of late) Wed to enable this?

It was already included in the last patch, and it will simply turn on when the time comes today/tonight.

Toffin
08-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Haha I'll take the blame, if someone has to. We could've sugar-coated the "tragic" constellations during localization if we really wanted.

But we didn't =P
-Quill

Thank you Quill for stepping up on this... :) lol

Focslain
08-01-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm sure it was in the livestream, but for those that don't watch:

Will the quest tell us which sign will partner up with ours for the tree quest?

Siobhan
08-01-2016, 12:56 PM

Until we get an "official" answer, what I gathered from the live stream is that the tooltip for the tree itself will tell you what signs are compatible with you... iirc

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-01-2016, 01:36 PM

It will be a part of the tree tooltip, depending on the title you have.

Focslain
08-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Until we get an "official" answer, what I gathered from the live stream is that the tooltip for the tree itself will tell you what signs are compatible with you... iirc

It will be a part of the tree tooltip, depending on the title you have.

Thank you both.

Paintsticks
08-01-2016, 01:42 PM
So it turns on today at reset is that right? But the zone wont be in peace so wtf is the east suppose to do? :(

Tyofcore
08-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Hey thanks for putting in the event gate early, if your from the East better have some hitpoints or get guard killed before you load in. Way to go

Kaytee
08-01-2016, 05:26 PM
So it not going into peace as it was intended or it was intended to give the west unfair advantage again? Just say'in can we have one event "work as intended"

Neakha
08-01-2016, 05:29 PM
Between 12:01 AM GMT on August 2 and 11:59 PM GMT on August 16 visit Solzreed Peninsula to take part in special daily quests and more!

Im understand what mean "and more" now. It s fun. More fun.. or is it fail?

Ladyluxanna
08-01-2016, 05:31 PM
One day we will find our first ever event without bugs or problems

Also I'm just trying to figure out how exactly they are gonna give free tokens to just east characters for this

Would have been better to test things first lol

Neakha
08-01-2016, 06:19 PM
why owl fear events? It s little, but so pleasure for players have little love from event maker.

Mynxae
08-01-2016, 07:49 PM
So when is Solzreed going to go into peace so East can actually participate in this event..? I'm assuming the regular downtime but that means that some people will miss out on a day's coins. :/

Squippit
08-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Despite the lack of peace, I was able to get a day 1 book. Can confirm Trident story has sad ending

Chasun
08-01-2016, 10:32 PM
The festival portal ports you on top of a hostile guard? Is this a west only event? do we get our own event later on the east?

Powerz
08-01-2016, 11:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlCV9ngVHQO154s/giphy.gif

Aserghui
08-01-2016, 11:47 PM
Guys, girls, yatas... clearly the event is working as intended: ALL HAIL NUIA

Lovebane
08-01-2016, 11:51 PM
What's funny is the event is festival status on PTS. Looks like they switched event on for the wrong servers. :o

Kitwyn
08-02-2016, 12:32 AM
Where can we send a clock and a calendar for Trion? They must not have either.

Sunalunga
08-02-2016, 12:52 AM
Its typical Trion ... first do and then think about ... but the Nui is near the festivalplace and u can reach it without one more kill :)

Ladyluxanna
08-02-2016, 03:14 AM
all they had to do was take down the servers for like 20min-hour with 1 hour heads up then quickly put festival on and done

zone is festival and servers go down for like 20 minutes and all is gud simple and easy and everyone is happy
now they have to somehow give compensation to just east characters and now everything is complicated

i guess trino is digging their grave instead of trying to fix it
^ how to piss people off

good job trino

Unknow NooB
08-02-2016, 05:49 AM
woow gg wp only nuian can do festival they kill me the hole time trion racist vs haranyas lool xD

Smilla
08-02-2016, 05:57 AM
It is so stupid. We all want to have fun, and we Haranyans can't. The Nuian players have fun killing other players, I can't even get the festival quests because I am constantly attacked.

So Trion, do anything. Or will you come up with some "compensation" when the festival is over?

Ladyluxanna
08-02-2016, 06:29 AM
It is so stupid. We all want to have fun, and we Haranyans can't. The Nuian players have fun killing other players, I can't even get the festival quests because I am constantly attacked.

So Trion, do anything. Or will you come up with some "compensation" when the festival is over?

Well right now they are pre digging their grave so who knows when they will have time

Ravenflower
08-02-2016, 07:15 AM
So when exactly will it be safe to A.) port in from the festival worldgate and not get killed by the guard, and B.) not get killed by the sea of Nuians sitting around the festival quests waiting for Haranyans? Kinda messed up that the Haranyans can't participate yet.

Ladyluxanna
08-02-2016, 08:38 AM
The best way to fix this is extending the event by 2-3 days and then banning (or somehow stopping) the people that attacked non nuia players to be banned the same amount of time the event is extended

Only way to make this event fair now

Xervia
08-02-2016, 08:47 AM
since no one has written this yet COMPENSASION for the suffering haranyan faction we demand 1k gold and 20 zodiac coins!

MoonSakura
08-02-2016, 08:56 AM
The haranya faction can not go to the event, this is only for Nuia!!!! Why??? why???!!!!

Xervia +1

ˇˇˇI want to make the event!!!

>_<

Siobhan
08-02-2016, 09:27 AM
So when exactly will it be safe to A.) port in from the festival worldgate and not get killed by the guard, and B.) not get killed by the sea of Nuians sitting around the festival quests waiting for Haranyans? Kinda messed up that the Haranyans can't participate yet.

^This

the Westies get a full day that the Easties don't. Just lovely. :/

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-02-2016, 09:30 AM
To make sure those following different threads saw this:

Guys, we intend to keep doing events. They're not going anywhere, hiccups and errors aside.

Now, all of that said, we've talked with the development team and it looks like we will not be able to extend the Zodiac Festival event any further. Instead, we will be granting players festival coins to make up for the lost time, via our usual route of a 0-credit claim item on the Glyph Shop. We apologize for the inconvenience, and Festival Mode will be enabled with Wednesday's scheduled server maintenance.

Unknow NooB
08-02-2016, 09:39 AM

but this is not funny and not fair its thier fault :pffff and nuian will get this too ? :s so confused

BIGGYLUV
08-02-2016, 09:50 AM

OK so since event is NOT working as intended, is killing ANYONE in this area a bannable offence cause of the "eploit" of taking advantage of the system that is NOT working as intended??? Please answer so I can start reporting the plebs killing.

MoonSakura
08-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Then ... we lose two day the event... And the money lost repairing the equipment? Also they receive compensation other faction?

We want answers > _ <

Lilith
08-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Does that mean some people will still be in advantage for earning more coins than people currently in disadvantage?

DahutaCat
08-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Why is it not at Festival Peace? getting killed as step through the portal!!!

Harmonycat
08-02-2016, 11:34 AM
So sad. Port into festival & die!

thenutty135
08-02-2016, 11:56 AM
Solzreed is not in festival mode, Trion is lying to their players.

Edit: i understand that they will do some sort of refund to players, but this is so stupid since East players will always be at a disadvantage.

Edit no.2(like seriously there are lots of broken things): during mistmerrow, i was able to get to the festival area with being instantly killed but i found that i was unable to accept one of the quests. when i pressed F to accept it, it would make me go through the quest texts again without accepting. i was unable to get the name of the quest or the giver because i was killed but it was next to the legend of the zodiac quests.

MysticWizard
08-02-2016, 12:01 PM
They announced it will go to festival mode after the patch tomorrow.

I got the wand constellation on my alt! I wanted it so bad on my main, I mean a Mystic Wizard should be a Wand! Should't it? :P

Sabalero
08-02-2016, 12:19 PM
how do i know which constellations mine can help?

Focslain
08-02-2016, 12:46 PM
how do i know which constellations mine can help?

It's in the tooltip of the sapling.

Sabalero
08-02-2016, 01:14 PM
well, i dont have the sapling i already did that and now have leafs, and want to get more helping others but i dont know which can i help now...

Draguta
08-02-2016, 01:31 PM
This festival is soo nice... i like to kill all harani

raincloud
08-02-2016, 01:55 PM
East players will still be at a disadvantage, even with the compensation.

XAJoker
08-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Somehow I find it hard to believe 90% of you complaining don't have Nuian alts that will benefit from the compensation also.

I also find it hard to believe someone at Trion did not have the sense to realize festival peace would not start like you thought it would. Sanddeep festival peace didn't end like it was suppose to, and that should have alarmed at least one person to stand up and say, "Maybe, just maybe, we should do server maintenance on the off chance it doesn't start." That would have saved a whole lot of headache.

To that one guy/gal that is walking around today saying or thinking, "I told you so!": right on, right on. But speak louder next time, because little things like this have a Huge impact on your players.

Shadyy
08-02-2016, 02:26 PM
First wtf is this festival ONLY FOR NUIANS? , 2. east gets killed by guards? 3. It is not even festival zone, so east gets killed by nuians too (thats so great, THANKS TRION for special event !)

Neyven
08-02-2016, 04:27 PM
I don't want to sound overly salty. But how is it fair that the west gets the head start on this festival and those of us on the east well are basically ending up being told hurry up and wait or get slaughtered but nuian guards or west players and still not be able to begin the festival quest?

#frustratedeastplayerwhowouldliketostartevent:mad:

Panterah
08-02-2016, 04:32 PM
So when is Solzreed going to go into peace so East can actually participate in this event..? I'm assuming the regular downtime but that means that some people will miss out on a day's coins. :/

Seems that way, I first tried the event today on PTS, works fine. Like it is suppose to. Next I logged onto EU Rangora with my two accounts, had only gotten my alt to the event, and was guard killed. Ran back, got into the Zodiac tent and was then player killed. Tried a 3rd time, got the quest and was guard killed. Had to repair my gear from the deaths.

No idea about NA server, about to log on there. But then again I have west toons on NA for both accounts.

**Edit:

Point being, ...on PTS, the Zodiac Festival in the Solzreed zone is set to peace. From reading the rest of the posts above mine, on NA and EU on any server, the Zodiac Festival is not Haranya friendly at all. Future events after this really need to be implimented better to where the zone goes to peace at the same time the event begins.

The Halloween event had the same issue, event begins, no peace on zone and opposing factions kill each other like shooting fish in a barrel.

Thenijiway
08-02-2016, 05:21 PM
*Find your destiny during the zodiac festival*

I think people call it dead

Nymeri
08-02-2016, 05:23 PM
haha just think of the pirates...if they get killed by players they get jail time just for trying to do the festival stuff.... GG

beeatch
08-02-2016, 05:32 PM
how can we do festival if the reds keep killing us this is crap

Enza
08-02-2016, 05:35 PM
I have boat horn constellation and I am unable to complement other people's saplings that require that constellation.

Denaj
08-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Seems this event is as screwed up as the last one- The sea bug Quest had some nice gifts for your coins, except 3 of the items impossible to get as there are not enough days. [Edit] If you couldn't do the Lusca part of the quests.

Now there is this one which in the my vernacular is a total C.O.C.K-Up. East toddles off to Solzreed by the nice portals you made us and we die by the West camping the zone in point --- WHERE IS THE DAMN PEACE no wonder you are losing your player base as you cant even get the small things right.

Aserghui
08-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Seems this event is as screwed up as the last one- The sea bug Quest had some nice gifts for your coins, except 3 of the items impossible to get as there are not enough days. [Edit] If you couldn't do the Lusca part of the quests.

Now there is this one which in the my vernacular is a total C.O.C.K-Up. East toddles off to Solzreed by the nice portals you made us and we die by the West camping the zone in point --- WHERE IS THE DAMN PEACE no wonder you are losing your player base as you cant even get the small things right.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/what-if-i-r3cs56.jpg
Just sayin'

Denaj
08-02-2016, 07:36 PM
@Aserghui You may be right there - LOL

theghost989
08-02-2016, 07:47 PM
This is why your game is dieing. It's not that y'all make mistakes, it's that every time you implement something, there is a mistake. Show me one competent business out there that can fail every new thing they release to their consumers?

Thenijiway
08-02-2016, 08:30 PM
Like it's not the fact that the event didn't work as it was supposed to cause mistakes happen and all that
It's more that every event has problems and bugs
Its even worse when nothing is done about it

Bowy
08-02-2016, 11:29 PM
The flip flop rewards are male and female only foot armor images.

Can anyone please give me examples of gear onto which the images can be put?

Specifically male only and female only foot armor pieces.

Shantil
08-03-2016, 12:06 AM
I am on the Nazar server and it is now 12 am Wensday morning and still not able to do zodiac quests that should have started at 5pm on Tuesday does the east not get to particapait in this event . If i go through the port to solzeerd i get attacted so how do we get to do the event when west is a day ahead of us.

Shantil

Kaytee
08-03-2016, 09:34 AM

So all players East or West will get this compensation? Not much compensation for those actually affected. Also it was stated any characters level 10 and above could participate. Will there be compensation based on characters or just 1 packages per account? Since I have expansion slots, that I purchased, and could have done the festival on 6 characters this seems like a pretty bad comp package... Yeah I could really see trying to get my level 23 over there past the guards and hostile faction without stealth!!! NOT

notebene
08-03-2016, 11:36 AM
So now that it's running, it all seems fine, except finding someone to help. There's like 100 people standing around, 5 trees (already helped). Occasionally when someone puts a tree down, I don't see how to tell if I can help it unless I run over to it.

And the trees that need help are really hard to spot from a distance, like sitting way over at the wallflower stumps because everyone puts their trees around the cool stumps and quest giver.

Plus, with 10 stumps and 100+ people, we 'really' need some sort of immovable /sit emote.

Just some observations. :)

OriannaX
08-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Quick question...what do the 'woven charms to decorate your house' do? There are three, and I was wondering what each one did.

Lovebane
08-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Quick question...what do the 'woven charms to decorate your house' do? There are three, and I was wondering what each one did.

They're just for decoration with flavor text. There's no real purpose outside of RP.

agar
08-04-2016, 06:43 AM
at what point are we supposed top get a tree from agape.. i got the constellation jar before i went over to agape.. opened it and did all the quests yesterday.. BUT.. i still got no tree from agape?? when do i get that??

notebene
08-04-2016, 06:52 AM
at what point are we supposed top get a tree from agape.. i got the constellation jar before i went over to agape.. opened it and did all the quests yesterday.. BUT.. i still got no tree from agape?? when do i get that??

You get a title with the thing from that jar. You need to have that title active to get the quest to get the tree.

notebene
08-04-2016, 09:25 AM
How come some trees don't look like trees at all, but look like, uhm, something weird and indescribable, but certainly not a tree?

Neyven
08-05-2016, 03:59 PM
So out of wondering when exactly are we supposed to get those coins for not being able to access the festival for nearly two days?

Kavaju
08-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Can we talk a bit about the eventbards? Why are their hidden quests not woking in our version? :(

Islyn
08-07-2016, 02:01 AM
Suddenly I cannot pick up the quest from first quest giver to start the rest...

Kitwyn
08-17-2016, 12:31 AM
Did I miss the notification concerning compensation for the Easterners as we were not able to participate for two days?

Kytt
08-17-2016, 02:43 PM
Hasn't happened yet. It's still promised though.

Milly
08-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Hasn't happened yet. It's still promised though.

Don't waste any time waiting on Trion's promises.