PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge August Update Livestream August 12 at 1:30 PM PDT

Celestrata Bloodsong
08-09-2016, 03:07 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/05/blog13.jpg

Join Senior Producer Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai, Senior Community Relations Manager Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan, and Localization Tester Sophie "Socke" Pickens on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel for our next ArcheAge livestream!

Too much fluffy politics for you last week? Here's the nitty gritty you're looking for! This week we're diving into the August update and talking details of exciting upcoming systems. Plus, we'll also be taking some time to talk about what's coming after the August update, and we'll be taking your questions!

Can't make the livestream but have a question you'd like to ask? Drop it to us in our official livestream thread right here!

ArcheAge August Update Livestream
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Friday, August 12 at 1:30 PM PDT (GMT-8)
Duration: 45-50 minutes

Make sure to stick around to the end of the livestream, because we'll be hosting our usual giveaway and you could win!

SparxIsGrounded
08-09-2016, 03:11 PM
I hope to hear more about the upcoming video contest too :3

Expendable
08-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Question: It's safe to say the majority of players are in favor of stiffer penalties for green or purple pirates. Currently the draught of forgiveness is too forgiving at 25g per 100 infamy. Players who constantly commit crimes are never punished because these potions instantly wipe away your crimes for a tiny amount of gold. Why is life easier for a criminal than it is for someone doing good? A purple pirate can easily make thousands of gold for each 25g draught of forgiveness that he uses. Is Trion or XL considering any changes to this system?

It's also safe to say that "player justice" does not work on green/purple pirates because they hide in protected areas when they are not hunting. Most purple/green pirates have good gear and work in teams. It's just not possible or reasonable to maintain a force large enough to patrol the map and hunt these bad guys around the clock. Excluding them from raids and events no longer works because most geared players can solo things like CR and GR now, and most of them don't even care about PVE events anymore.

Termocaos
08-09-2016, 06:31 PM
This week we're diving into the August update and talking details of exciting upcoming systems. Plus, we'll also be taking some time to talk about what's coming after the August update, and we'll be taking your questions!

New upcoming system, uuuh, nice stuff.

PS: I didn't get killed from Johnnydancer, he became hero afterall :P
Now i just have to find some worker's compensations ;_;

Azazel
08-09-2016, 07:42 PM
To Expendable;

The problem I see with your request is it seems that you're asking the Developers to intervene on matters that is meant to be controlled by the players-- the economy. If DoF is being sold for 25g on your server, that's something that the players on your server is responsible for. If players want they could raise that price to 100g. On my server (kraken) for instance, those draughts seem to be going for 40 - 50g. Aside from the Auction House, they are sold in the Honor store where they go for 1500 honor points.

WelcomeRain
08-09-2016, 07:45 PM
Will you guys be addressing Battlerage? currently it has no true counters and no weakness, every skill has low consequence compared to other damage builds, not to mention why does tripple slash auto hit 3 times even when someone teleoports 20 yards away, compared to fireball that has to be constant pressed,will you be letting fireball tripple auto cast too its only fair.

Siller
08-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Hi Celestrata & team,

I think most people will be concerned about the shift of event timings (both NA/EU) during somewhere mid Aug? Can we be informed of the exact timing(s) and when exactly is the switchover date?

Also as I'm from the OCE timezone, we are denied several events (I.e. MM/Halcy) after your previous update on timing. Below is the new timing after the supposedly update take effect:-

Halcys at 2am & 2pm
MMs at 5am & 5.15pm
Daily resets at 3am

It hit us hard and unless we do not work or sleep, we are not able to partake in them at all. Hope Trion can come out with something to mitigate them and/or any counter-proposals will be appreciated by the community. Cheers!

Azazel
08-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Here's a little issue I'd like to see resolved. Can you guys take a look at some of the housing cabinets, like the merchant's display cabinet? I see a model of it in MI and it shows, just like the name implies, that you can place small items in it for display. Yet, no one seems to be able to actually do that when they craft the furniture and place it in their own house. Seems like something that needs fixin'. Thanks.

Candara
08-09-2016, 09:35 PM
Hi,

The chrome sumarine pet - bubble air item - do not creat the bubble air for the the second passenger, do you know if this bug will be fixed???

Derp
08-10-2016, 12:44 AM
It would have ben nice if returning players would have gotten soul forged gear.
Idk why it was an event?

Expendable
08-10-2016, 04:59 AM
To Expendable;

The problem I see with your request is it seems that you're asking the Developers to intervene on matters that is meant to be controlled by the players-- the economy. If DoF is being sold for 25g on your server, that's something that the players on your server is responsible for. If players want they could raise that price to 100g. On my server (kraken) for instance, those draughts seem to be going for 40 - 50g. Aside from the Auction House, they are sold in the Honor store where they go for 1500 honor points.

Not possible with so many auction houses being linked together. You don't seem to understand how the archeage economy works. The reason the price is so low is due to EU players logging over to US servers to sell their LP for APEX. This has drastically lowered the value of LP in our economy. I'm not even sure Draught of Forgiveness is available to players in Korea. I have been told that there's no way to remove infamy over there. I did find one reference to the potion on a korean site that said the cost was 50 loyalty points not 15 like it is here.

IDKwhattosay
08-10-2016, 07:34 AM
Not possible with so many auction houses being linked together. You don't seem to understand how the archeage economy works. The reason the price is so low is due to EU players logging over to US servers to sell their LP for APEX. This has drastically lowered the value of LP in our economy. I'm not even sure Draught of Forgiveness is available to players in Korea. I have been told that there's no way to remove infamy over there. I did find one reference to the potion on a korean site that said the cost was 50 loyalty points not 15 like it is here.

Buy it up relist. Ez. Your run stupid amounts of packs.

If draughts are that low, the amount of green pirates on that cluster MUST be low.

Eshva
08-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Hi,

The chrome sumarine pet - bubble air item - do not creat the bubble air for the the second passenger, do you know if this bug will be fixed???

This was never a thing.. They even announced when the subs came out that the air bubble item was only for driver.

I'm more interested in the Mysterious Garden Event? How soon is this event. Also can we get more information on when we can expect 3.0 for NA/EU (Other then end of the year maybe like a month name)? Also any word on if NA/EU will ever get an unbind equipped item? Even if Temporary for 3.0 to encourage more players to re roll into the new races.

Expendable
08-10-2016, 09:15 AM
This was never a thing.. They even announced when the subs came out that the air bubble item was only for driver.

I'm more interested in the Mysterious Garden Event? How soon is this event. Also can we get more information on when we can expect 3.0 for NA/EU (Other then end of the year maybe like a month name)? Also any word on if NA/EU will ever get an unbind equipped item? Even if Temporary for 3.0 to encourage more players to re roll into the new races.

All they would have to do is make a change to the Otherworld Storage Chest so that any character on that account can open it and take out items. Then they could make a craftable 25 slot version for f2p players. Problem solved because character bound items are now account bound items.

Eshva
08-10-2016, 09:31 AM
All they would have to do is make a change to the Otherworld Storage Chest so that any character on that account can open it and take out items. Then they could make a craftable 25 slot version for f2p players. Problem solved because character bound items are now account bound items.

Account bound stuff would be amazing to have in the game and that's actually a really great idea too. Honestly I think if they are gonna keep mounts BoE then they should be account items and not just per character. Just like /some/ (BoE stuff) of the stuff in the Pay packages should be account accessible wide.

Focslain
08-10-2016, 10:38 AM
Hi Celestrata & team,

I think most people will be concerned about the shift of event timings (both NA/EU) during somewhere mid Aug? Can we be informed of the exact timing(s) and when exactly is the switchover date?

Also as I'm from the OCE timezone, we are denied several events (I.e. MM/Halcy) after your previous update on timing. Below is the new timing after the supposedly update take effect:-

Halcys at 2am & 2pm
MMs at 5am & 5.15pm
Daily resets at 3am

It hit us hard and unless we do not work or sleep, we are not able to partake in them at all. Hope Trion can come out with something to mitigate them and/or any counter-proposals will be appreciated by the community. Cheers!

With this game using RL time, the OCE is frakked regardless since you are playing on servers located in another country. So to have a good time for OCE either the NA or EU has to sacrifice their primetime to match closer to the OCE.

Only way to fix this considering how the game is designed is to give the OCE their own region.

On a personal note, I'm already planning to miss just about all the events as they will be happening too late for me. I only get an hour or two after work to play before my house gets invaded by the local geekery. While now I'm in a good zone, that is going to change with new timers if Trion places them to match up with the primetime of most of the NA.

And I hope they have the new timers to match up with the primetime of their respective regions cause that is the right thing to do.

pariah223
08-10-2016, 10:54 AM
When am i going to stop falling through the floor in the enoan??

tinukeda
08-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Can we get a statement on Library Bounty Quests please.
Any sort of acknowledgement would be appreciated.

Have these been legit removed for good or what?
Why force everyone who didn't manage to pick them up to have to spend 2000 gilda for their Earring?

SirPurple
08-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Can we please get a update on ayanad salvages and when they will be coming to NA/EU

pariah223
08-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Is there any reason not to make the event timers a little more dynamic or changing? Instead of locking Into a time frame have them change periodically to cover a bigger base of people. For example anyone in east coast who works during the day never sees the freedich trader.. and people who work saturday afternoons never see the fishing tournament. Im sure there are logistics that make this complicated but its a thought.

Kavaju
08-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Why are the hidden quests for our events missing? We miss a lot of fun and items.
The event bards are not working and neither are other things like "collect 50 zodiac leafs and get this potted plant that summons stuff at 4am"
Useless stuff for some, but fun and many of us really want the missing items!

These events work in Korea, is there a special reason you don't permit these to run here or do you simply not know about them and they come shut down in the patches?

wooglemoogle
08-11-2016, 02:48 AM
Why are the hidden quests for our events missing? We miss a lot of fun and items.
The event bards are not working and neither are other things like "collect 50 zodiac leafs and get this potted plant that summons stuff at 4am"
Useless stuff for some, but fun and many of us really want the missing items!

These events work in Korea, is there a special reason you don't permit these to run here or do you simply not know about them and they come shut down in the patches?

Second this question.

XAJoker
08-11-2016, 04:29 AM
meh, not worth asking you all just ignore them anyway.

Huehuegan
08-11-2016, 04:29 PM
I want to know if theres possible to do a small re-work for 3v3 arenas, I would like if they ask the player to choose the set they want to play with, before they enter to the arena, and also it would be good if they set max of healers to 1 for each group. Why? the thing is that in this way its possible to fight 3 Darkrunners vs 3 Healers, wich dosnt make sense at all and not fun at all too.

Elorin
08-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Do we have any events scheduled for the second half of August?

Will the team be discussing in-depth the reasoning behind why the new schedule is the way it is?

If the new schedule is implemented as announced, will Trion seriously consider asking XL to program a way for players to reroll their daily merit quests if they happen to get some for events that they absolutely cannot attend due to scheduling conflicts?

Now that the Split Schedule and(hopefully) the Skill Queue and Korean Skills are finally being implemented, what quality of life changes will Trion be requesting as higher-priority next?

I find it aggravating when I accept the Earthmana quest from the task jar on my house, and then spend 100 labor to reroll it, only to get the same quest again. If the purpose is to make it cost just over 100 labor on average to get those quests, can we just do away with the rng, make it cost labor to ACCEPT the quest, and have the reroll be free?

What ever happened to the talk of de-normalizing mounts? A similarly equipped Stormdarter still has a higher average speed than my Thunderdash...

Trymantha
08-11-2016, 09:00 PM
New event schedule and how you "considered" the OCE player-base by not giving them a single prime time event pleas explain (hint the stream is a 6:30 am on a Saturday so maybe forum post this one as well as discuss on the stream)

Also why hasn't the official discussion thread for the current Archery not had a single red post in it for 2 and a half months now(literally your starting post is the only red post), whats the point in an official discussion thread if you aren't willing to discuss it at all?

Dahuta and Austera are STILL on the censored word list will this list ever be updated (peanut is a new word I discovered is also on the censored word list), but its okay a word that rhymes with brothertruker is not on the censored word list

Krokus
08-12-2016, 05:21 AM
Question:
Europe will change the time from summer to winter time soon .... is it possible that the events time will not changed then? Otherwise most of events will be too early (when people are still at work / school)...and complaining will start again ;)

Macharani and cheese
08-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Questions:

Any plans for a proficiency leaderboard?

Will there be more frequent community decor contests?

M1666
08-12-2016, 10:31 AM
About 3.0 are we going to receive 3.0+3.0b or it will be cut in 2 parts like in KR, theres lots of big changes in 3.0 but 3.0b also have huge changes in class balance and armor balance

crypticinsanity
08-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Can we get a statement on Library Bounty Quests please.
Any sort of acknowledgement would be appreciated.

Have these been legit removed for good or what?
Why force everyone who didn't manage to pick them up to have to spend 2000 gilda for their Earring?

They gave ample warning on this, honestly. If you wanted to avoid the gilda cost, you should have gone and picked them up.

Bunnyleptic
08-12-2016, 12:02 PM
1: Can we get a Mirage Yata mount, in red with white colors (or orange with white)?
(I hope I don't regret suggesting this though: i.e if it only comes with $150 pack, I would be very sad)

2: What about Yata avatars that were suggested a while ago on the forums?
3: When are we getting the Yata Flute that KR/RU version has?

4: Can you please adress the issue on Submarines again?
They are too slow for the amount of gold you need to make them, especially with a pack on your back.
I have Chrome Steamfish Submarine, it has 7.9 m/s on water, and 7.3 m/s below water. The speed goes down exponantionally (a whopping 4.9) with a pack on your back :(

Toffin
08-12-2016, 12:46 PM
When will servers get the "tags" for what the server represents? IE PVP, PVE, FARMVILLE, ETC?