PDA

View Full Version : help with viable battlerage/AOE build for pve

festher
08-19-2014, 01:09 AM
i was looking a into a melee'ish aoe build for pve, but there isent as much to work with with the magic trees.

i doubt battlerage alone can make up for the rotations to farm aoe, so i guess occultism is needed but how well does a magic tree work with a melee based tree when damaged is based on different stats (str/int) - sounds gimped

battlerage/occultism/defense and battlerage/occultism/defense)

any ideas?

Psycos
08-19-2014, 02:35 AM
I'm actualy playing Doomlord (battlerage/occultism/defense) and i find it pretty nice. But it's mor of a tank and aoe CCs for PvP.
If you want somthing else than tanky and mor dps, i would suggest somthing else than defence. The occultisme tree is here only for the CCs and the only def against magic. I've also seen build where they focus on the occultisme wich would make it a magic dps.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/50678

This is my curunt build at lvl 45 and, so far, i've win all my fight is 1v1 against physical damage with it (even a few 1v2), but i've had a hard time against magical damage. It's also usfull in lager battle cause you have aoe CCs and the imprison.

festher
08-19-2014, 02:53 AM
thanks for you input but im looking for pbaoe centered around battlerage.

what do you think about damage in regards of melee skills mixed with magic?
i asume you use plate so how is your damage from occu?

stayhumble
08-19-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm actualy playing Doomlord (battlerage/occultism/defense) and i find it pretty nice. But it's mor of a tank and aoe CCs for PvP.
If you want somthing else than tanky and mor dps, i would suggest somthing else than defence. The occultisme tree is here only for the CCs and the only def against magic. I've also seen build where they focus on the occultisme wich would make it a magic dps.

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/50678

This is my curunt build at lvl 45 and, so far, i've win all my fight is 1v1 against physical damage with it (even a few 1v2), but i've had a hard time against magical damage. It's also usfull in lager battle cause you have aoe CCs and the imprison.

big mana drinker but deals great burst DMG with frenzy. love bat/occ combo tho.

Psycos
08-19-2014, 03:15 AM
I do use plate with my build, with 1H + shield. For the damage, i'm focussing on the battle rage and defence, so i go strengh in my stuff, wich make the occultiste tree is useless for damage.
The good thing is that thje stuff you make or generate give you stats that will help you. For example, a plate armor that give strengh, stamina and a bit of intel for the occultisme.

Orbitz
08-19-2014, 03:38 AM
For great AOE dmg o cant focus on battlerage only few skill are AOE and most of AOE skills are magic like for example socery/occultism/vitalism (Cultist) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wg4U09buF8 , you can always use plate because it has INT, but weapon must be or staff or scepter.

ProtosX
08-19-2014, 03:58 AM
Aoeing with melee is not viable in this game. i tried it and failed badly. Battlerage have very few melee aoe skills and with long CD. If u want AoE then go magic caster.

festher
08-19-2014, 05:31 AM
great info thanks