PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a mage guide!

Merbid
08-19-2016, 10:47 PM
I just started the game and looking for some guidance where to spend points leveling up?

I would really appreciate it :)

Beatrisha
08-20-2016, 02:58 AM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?279876-Beginners-Guide-for-Mages

Gamemako
08-20-2016, 08:56 AM
He asked about leveling, which was not addressed in Zirconi's guide.

While leveling, wear plate armor and wield a staff. Focus on abilities which enhance sustainability, especially mana. Try to level with Witchcraft or Auramancy (or both) in your class, which will dramatically speed things along as you start to run short on mana. Beyond that, I'd have to ask what you're using now and where you intend to go with your build.

Nodoze
08-20-2016, 11:12 AM
He asked about leveling, which was not addressed in Zirconi's guide.

While leveling, wear plate armor and wield a staff. Focus on abilities which enhance sustainability, especially mana. Try to level with Witchcraft or Auramancy (or both) in your class, which will dramatically speed things along as you start to run short on mana. Beyond that, I'd have to ask what you're using now and where you intend to go with your build.If you are new you may not know what Gamemako is recommending specifically regarding sustainability, especially mana. I suspect he is in particular steering you toward minimal downtime/cost while leveling due to not running out of mana/health and thus is recommending the following be included in your leveling build:
- Witchcraft 8 point passive: Baleful Recharge (effective min level 15+ & gives you 2% of your damage dealt back as mana);
- Witchcraft skill Play dead (min level 25 & replenishes mana and health);
- Auramancy skill Meditate (min level 30 & replenishes mana);

There are others skills that help your sustainability (take less damage, convert damage to health, etc) but those are the biggest.