PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge September Update Livestream September 9th at 1:30 PM PDT

Fasti
09-06-2016, 11:37 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/12/death_knight_contest_header.jpg

Join the ArcheAge team on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel for our next ArcheAge livestream!

This week we're talking about the upcoming September update!

Can't make the livestream but have a question you'd like to ask? Drop it to us RIGHT HERE!

ArcheAge September Update Livestream
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Friday, September 9 at 1:30 PM PDT (GMT-8)
Duration: 45-50 minutes

Make sure to stick around to the end of the livestream, because we'll be hosting our usual giveaway and you could win!

Bunnyleptic
09-06-2016, 12:27 PM
1: Can we get a Mirage Yata mount, in red with white colors (or orange with white)?
(I hope I don't regret suggesting this though: i.e if it only comes with $150 pack, I would be very sad)

2: Why isn't there a Gallant version of the normal/striped yata?
I would love to be able to get sprint on my Striped Yata.

3: What about Yata avatars that were suggested a while ago on the forums?
4: When are we getting the Yata Flute that KR/RU version has?

5: Can you give more details about the speed fix that is coming for the Submarines, please?

6: Can we get a fix for "in combat" bug after dying in pvp as a healer?
My character stays in combat after dying in pvp, this mostly happens when I heal someone/myself during the fight and die after.

Genkodrae
09-06-2016, 12:32 PM
Will there be any "Regrading Event" this September?

Emiesha
09-06-2016, 05:29 PM
1: Can we get a Mirage Yata mount, in red with white colors (or orange with white)?
(I hope I don't regret suggesting this though: i.e if it only comes with $150 pack, I would be very sad)

2: Why isn't there a Gallant version of the normal/striped yata?
I would love to be able to get sprint on my Striped Yata.

3: What about Yata avatars that were suggested a while ago on the forums?
4: When are we getting the Yata Flute that KR/RU version has?

5: Can you give more details about the speed fix that is coming for the Submarines, please?

6: Can we get a fix for "in combat" bug after dying in pvp as a healer?
My character stays in combat after dying in pvp, this mostly happens when I heal someone/myself during the fight and die after.

i second this! and also a midnight yata... because everyone knows that black yata is just grey with white spots >:/ ya friggen liars
also, maybe a yata that is cousin to carrot wings... like a sparkly purple (pink if ya wanna be real silly) winged yata with a unicorn horn xD #BestMount but ill settle with yata armor that makes yatas look like they're wearing a tophat and monocle (and possibly a handlebar mustache) also, pirate hats and straw hats too Yata Plis (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?287733-Yata-Plis)

oh and give us the ghost instruments already! xD

Eshva
09-06-2016, 06:42 PM
How about what do we do with the 2 year Anniversary coin..

XAJoker
09-07-2016, 01:43 AM
Can I buy apex and have the money earmarked for you guys to buy a desk calendar? Because, what ever system your using now is not working. 3 months in a row now, 2 failed festival starts (which you had no issues extending events but rescheduling starts was beyond your abilities) and now an anniversary coin taking up inventory space and having people run around Mirage looking for a vendor that is not there yet.

How long tell we get answers on what mats will be changing in 3.0? Some stuff in screen shots from Korea show seeds/trees/animals with grades. Will the old ones still be usable or will they be taken out of reciepes and just vendor trash?

Why are the school desks/chairs/lockers bind on pick up?

Really liked the fishing event, even after the bad start, trolls pushing ya in the water, Rng on getting into mirage, item drops that had absolutely nothing to do with fishing, doubling of mgp pricing, etc. 2 Questions on this: 1) whats the next 'fix' to mgp? 2) will we ever see the fishing event again, maybe during a regrade event?

Sy Syrinx
09-07-2016, 02:21 AM
Will you change the new EU schedule +1 hour for lusca / abyssal ?

Most people are eating during that event so now it's a dead event.
Sea event makes archeage a unique game.
plz, do not deprive anymore a part of the EU community about that event... unless you want lose more and more gamers.

Orio
09-07-2016, 04:14 AM
Will you change the new EU schedule +1 hour for lusca / abyssal ?

Most people are eating during that event so now it's a dead event.
Sea event makes archeage a unique game.
plz, do not deprive anymore a part of the EU community about that event... unless you want lose more and more gamers.

We have a lot of ppl during Luscas/abyssal. Its maybe we have dinner bit earlier (between 16:00 and 18:00), but we have on server people from France too. *shrugs*

On topic:
a) Some people already crafted packs on Purification monolith with alts and moved their characters to Exeloch and Sungold Fields and logged off. Now they patiently await for september patch.

Question is whether you want to address this.

b) What are pre-requisites to claim Exeloch and Sungold Fields?
Rumor has it you need just pack for purification. Other rumor say, you need a nation already formed.

Sy Syrinx
09-07-2016, 05:47 AM
We have a lot of ppl during Luscas/abyssal. Its maybe we have dinner bit earlier (between 16:00 and 18:00), but we have on server people from France too. *shrugs*

What is the problem for you if can go both one hour later or like today ?
The more gamers there the better is the game. *think*

MIMO
09-07-2016, 06:03 AM
We have a lot of merit badges after this event. Any plans for new merit badge items?
How about some new weapon images or something?

My login badges are piling up. Any chance of new login badge items?

Would you consider changing the cost of Draught of Forgiveness to 50 LP or 25 merit badges?
Inflation and the EU <-> NA loyalty exchange for apex has destroyed the value of Draught of Forgiveness. The cost really needs to be adjusted to bring it's gold cost back up to an acceptable amount.

Does Trion have any plans at all to help lower population servers?

What stats does Trion use to determine if a server's factions are balanced? It would be nice to start seeing some attempts at locking factions that are overpopulated.
It seems like numbers of players logging in can be misleading. We have many players who just login to our faction from EU to spend labor and loyalty for APEX, and others only login to pay taxes on their homes even though they have quit the game. It seems like a truely active player would at least complete some events each day. Wouldn't it be better to use stats on players completing things like Mistmerrow, GR, and CR on a daily basis instead?

Orio
09-07-2016, 06:07 AM
What is the problem for you if can go both one hour later or like today ?
The more gamers there the better is the game. *think*

I am thinking of Central European Time as CEST ends in october. Events then will be UTC +1, while now are UTC+2. So if events (and i mean ALL EVENTS not just Luscas) will be now postponed 1 hour, after october you will have exactly same situation as now...

For me it means that after october luscas begin at 19:00 and abyssal at 18:30. So no problem if it will be 1 hour later, but you have to do it not just for luscas/abyss, but for ALL events.

So the question is whether the proposed solution really helps, or whether its really that much necessary to postpone all events 1 or 2 hours. Because what we just did was to move most of them earlier.

Focslain
09-07-2016, 06:33 AM
My login badges are piling up. Any chance of new login badge items?

What stats does Trion use to determine if a server's factions are balanced? It would be nice to start seeing some attempts at locking factions that are overpopulated.
It seems like numbers of players logging in can be misleading. We have many players who just login to our faction from EU to spend labor and loyalty for APEX, and others only login to pay taxes on their homes even though they have quit the game. It seems like a truely active player would at least complete some events each day. Wouldn't it be better to use stats on players completing things like Mistmerrow, GR, and CR on a daily basis instead?

Would like to see other items for the login in badges as well.

Now to the balance question. I remember they addressed this in a prior stream (it was months ago though). It is based on toon creation and activity, but that activity is generally logins and just doing something. While they do monitor activity at events it's not used in determining a factions active population since not everyone wants to do everything. You will have those that only focus on certain things. It's up to the player base to get their faction to the events, not Trion.

Sy Syrinx
09-07-2016, 06:41 AM
I am thinking of Central European Time as CEST ends in october. Events then will be UTC +1, while now are UTC+2. So if events (and i mean ALL EVENTS not just Luscas) will be now postponed 1 hour, after october you will have exactly same situation as now...

For me it means that after october luscas begin at 19:00 and abyssal at 18:30. So no problem if it will be 1 hour later, but you have to do it not just for luscas/abyss, but for ALL events.

So the question is whether the proposed solution really helps, or whether its really that much necessary to postpone all events 1 or 2 hours. Because what we just did was to move most of them earlier.

CEST = Central European Summer Time
So 19h30 CEST will be always 19h30 both winter and summer for europe unless if you are English

And you have right, they will have to move all timers.
But lusca / abyssal are the best events that make archeage a unique game.
MM and halcy are poor.

2 solutions :
> +1 hour for all events (the more simple)
> interchange timer of MM and lusca/abyssal (very difficult solution)

But lusca / abyssal have to be placed in the common prime time of european.
And 19h30-20h00 is the worst case for most of french people.
I repeat, those events make archeage a unique MMO, most players should have access to them.

Orio
09-07-2016, 06:55 AM
CEST = Central European Summer Time
So 19h30 CEST will be always 19h30 both winter and summer for europe unless if you are English

But game event table does not reflect CET or CEST. So its UTC +1 in winter and +2 in summer. Each event in table, will happen 1 hour earlier after last october weekend.

Events are not shifting with our timezone (technical reasons)

Sy Syrinx
09-07-2016, 07:09 AM
But game event table does not reflect CET or CEST. So its UTC +1 in winter and +2 in summer. Each event in table, will happen 1 hour earlier after last october weekend.

Events are not shifting with our timezone (technical reasons)

No, schedule will move with timezone, it's a new feature ;-)
Read the original post, you will see.
But schedule will change for english who do not use the summer time.

Orio
09-07-2016, 07:15 AM
No, schedule will move with timezone, it's a new feature ;-)
Read the original post, you will see.
But schedule will change for english who do not use the summer time.

No such info here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?288426-Announcing-the-new-North-American-and-European-Event-Schedules!&p=2378514&viewfull=1#post2378514

MIMO
09-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Now to the balance question. I remember they addressed this in a prior stream (it was months ago though). It is based on toon creation and activity, but that activity is generally logins and just doing something. While they do monitor activity at events it's not used in determining a factions active population since not everyone wants to do everything. You will have those that only focus on certain things. It's up to the player base to get their faction to the events, not Trion.

Like I said it's not very fair to only count those numbers. It does not take alts, tax payers, and eu apex farmers into account. If I make 20 alts on the opposing faction and log them in once a day to plant a potato, is it fair to count those as active players? Our faction has a glut of alts that abuse the highest paying easy safe zone trade routes. I see trains of characters on haulers/freighters all day long and not a single driver has over 3k equipment points.

SteveT
09-07-2016, 08:16 AM
What are you doing about the broken skill queue where endless arrows are slow?

Focslain
09-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Like I said it's not very fair to only count those numbers. It does not take alts, tax payers, and eu apex farmers into account. If I make 20 alts on the opposing faction and log them in once a day to plant a potato, is it fair to count those as active players? Our faction has a glut of alts that abuse the highest paying easy safe zone trade routes. I see trains of characters on haulers/freighters all day long and not a single driver has over 3k equipment points.

No, it's not fair, but neither is life overall.

The issue here is that if you want to use the activity of x, y, z event and you have players that play, but just don't go to said events are they not to be counted. Yes you can game the system with alts, but honestly that is more of a player thing.

Just because one player like to run dungeons and farm does not mean that they are any less important then the player that goes out and does the pvp events and activities. They are both playing.

MIMO
09-07-2016, 08:37 AM
No, it's not fair, but neither is life overall.

The issue here is that if you want to use the activity of x, y, z event and you have players that play, but just don't go to said events are they not to be counted. Yes you can game the system with alts, but honestly that is more of a player thing.

Just because one player like to run dungeons and farm does not mean that they are any less important then the player that goes out and does the pvp events and activities. They are both playing.

It also doesn't mean that the player that likes fair balanced pvp fights should have to suffer when Trion can easily use alternate statistics to balance the factions through disabling transfers and character creation.

Focslain
09-07-2016, 08:49 AM
It also doesn't mean that the player that likes fair balanced pvp fights should have to suffer when Trion can easily use alternate statistics to balance the factions through disabling transfers and character creation.

Fair and balanced pvp is what the balanced arenas are for. I don't want fair pvp in the main world, it removes the challenge and by extent the fun. At least for me (4K Prime btw).

It also makes it so we have to be social and gain support, you want more to side with you in a fight, go get them.

MIMO
09-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Fair and balanced pvp is what the balanced arenas are for. I don't want fair pvp in the main world, it removes the challenge and by extent the fun. At least for me (4K Prime btw).

It also makes it so we have to be social and gain support, you want more to side with you in a fight, go get them.

It's hard to go get what does not exist.

Focslain
09-07-2016, 09:49 AM
It's hard to go get what does not exist.

Hard to find something if your not looking.

MIMO
09-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Hard to find something if your not looking.

You keep enjoying your stacked faction with overwhelming numbers, but my question was for trion, not you.

Focslain
09-07-2016, 11:20 AM
You keep enjoying your stacked faction with overwhelming numbers, but my question was for trion, not you.

Well that has only been for... maybe two months. Other wise on my server it was west dominated. Just took a few people to gather the faction and welp, shoes on the other foot now.

You should try it.

Luniliel
09-07-2016, 11:30 AM
i couldn't agree more on EU Event to be pushed back for 1 hour later.... and this for Summer AND winter time since we all know that Trino doesn't take that timezone change into account.

A lot of people just log back right before the Event starts or in the middle of it which is not pleasant either way. while there is nearly nothing to do between 21:30-24 beside one MM

Focslain
09-07-2016, 11:47 AM
i couldn't agree more on EU Event to be pushed back for 1 hour later.... and this for Summer AND winter time since we all know that Trino doesn't take that timezone change into account.

A lot of people just log back right before the Event starts or in the middle of it which is not pleasant either way. while there is nearly nothing to do between 21:30-24 beside one MM

That was due to XL's coding the events to follow GMT which doesn't follow DST. However with them now having the option to change the timers it would be nice for them to shift for DST since most of their audience are in countries that follow DST (minus Arizona, US).

Plus it would be nice for the NA Abyssal/Lusca to be pushing back like two hours for our west coast players. Also give our OCE players at least a Haylcona/MM/OC please.

wolfgem
09-07-2016, 01:09 PM
I just have a couple of questions/ suggestions for the game. #1 can we get some aquatic animals that produce products used in crafting packs? ( Sea cows for milk and meat ect....) would be great for those of us who prefer to dwell in water based homes. #2 A tractor or an upgrade for haulers to help speed up planting and harvesting crops. #3 A realtors office where you can post your land for sale and have it get seen. It gets hard trying to catch the information in faction and trade when lots of people are talking. #4 Paint for personal buildings so we can personalize our homes and make them stand out more from others. And finally a question when is the pet festival starting and are there going to be any new colors of pets brought out?

Thank you

Squippit
09-07-2016, 01:39 PM
I got a Mirage Leomorph I'm quite attached to, and love its color scheme. Is there a chance Mirage mounts will be upgradeable to have the slightly better abilities Gallant mounts do?

Where/when can we get the pink snail from the last livestream? It was wonderful *^*

Anniversary hype :O

Orange Watermelon
09-07-2016, 03:05 PM
(1) KR Skills/Skill queue - What are you doing about the new KR skills/skill queue? Was supposed to be a test for a month but it's broken for a large amount of your player base?

(2) Halcyona - when is timer being fixed? Has made the game very hard to play for a lot of your player base to run packs.

(3) Event timers - are these being fixed to allow Oceanics to actually have some form of event?

These issues are affecting all time zones in one way or another but the obvious ones are turning some times into dead zones on servers. Any updates please?

Vendral
09-07-2016, 03:35 PM
(1) Old Returning Players - How come there is no incentive for returning player's (aside from getting steamrolled as soon as they log in). Is there going to be anything in the works for accounts that are in good standing and haven't played the for the last 2+months. I hear about 3 months ago gear was given out to those accounts that were actually playing and or logged in during the ticket giveaway, and that's great and all, but what about people who are just coming back? I can't be the only person this is happening to. Yeah i'm trying to gear out as best i can but i'm fighting a losing battle against people that weren't forced to take a break from the game. 3k GS vs. 6K+ GS ... hardly a fight at all at that point.

Sy Syrinx
09-08-2016, 06:48 AM
No such info here:
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?288426-Announcing-the-new-North-American-and-European-Event-Schedules!&p=2378514&viewfull=1#post2378514

You link the info in your link ...
European Schedule (Times listed in UTC & CEST)

raincloud
09-08-2016, 07:11 AM
Server specific tags and bonuses are no longer a thing?

Clarification on the glyph purchase list?

Transparent, consistent, and available documentation of changes to the game?

Focslain
09-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Had a question as well.

Has there been a bug in the pet AIs, cause mine while on defend will just sit there while I'm attacked most of the time after the last major patch.

Tricorn
09-09-2016, 12:40 AM
To create one of the Gallant Elk animas, you need to grind out

28 Sunset Portalstones
144 Abyssal Shards
6 Prime Lunarites
5 Eternal Winter Chills
12 Heat of Eternal Summer
and 3 of either Emeralds/Amethyst/Diamonds

And for what? Are the Gallant Elks faster? NO.
Do they have any special skills, like the Gallant Snowlions? NO.
Do they look very different? NOT REALLY.

What was the point of them? To punish your players with a long grind to get something VERY SIMILAR to their original? Where is the Trion promise and admission that hard work (and long hours of gameplay) is to be rewarded?

The Gallant Elks are the same speed as their Mirage Elks. At 10m/s.

These upgraded mounts are designed to be better, but strangely, only the Elk has been shafted with no improvements whatsoever.
The other Gallant mounts are BETTER than their Mirage counterparts. Why are the Gallant Elks nerfed as compared to the Mirage Elks?

The Gallant Snowlion gets an unique skill found in no other mount, the "Leader of the Pack" skill which triggers a roar to gather all raid members mounts within 15m into a pack for 10 seconds. Increases pack’s Move Speed +20%. Increases the pack leader’s speed as more mounts join the pack. Shares a cooldown with Dash.
This makes the Gallant Snowlion insanely fast when it runs in a pack. Trion, where is your vaulted speed normalization promise? Why does this skill gets pass your playtesting?

The Gallant Snowlion also gets another useful PvP-centric skill "Beastsense" which widens rider's Stealth detection range +50%.

Little wonder that the Gallant Snowlion is the preferred PVP mount of choice for some dominant guilds.

The Gallant Snowlions also get fearsome fiery paws and flickering red fangs. Pretty damn kickarse graphical look that sets it apart visibly from the other Snowlions.

The Gallant Leomorph get improved skills for their Owner's Escape skill (Called the 'Enhanced Owner's Escape') which provides the rider with a speed buff after the player is ejected out of the Gallant Leomorph's saddle. The normal Leomorph's Owner Escape skill doesn't provide this buff. Both skills ejects the rider out 18m.

Gallant Leomorphs also have their Stealth Move skill supposedly improved upon (Unsurprisingly called the 'Improved Stealth Move'), but it's still the same 30 second stealth. Something got nerfed, and Trion doesn't explain why, and XL Games is strangely silent on this as well.
The normal Gallant Leomorph's Stealth Move has a cooldown of 1 min. Perhaps the Improved Stealth Move has a shorter cooldown. We need confirmation from players who have Gallant Leomorphs.

Gallant Leomorphs also get a graphical enhancement with flickering eyes and a shiny inner energy radiance shimmering from their mechanical joints. This also obviously sets them apart from their normal counterparts visibly.

The Gallant Horses loses their utterly useless 'Back Kick' skill from their normal version and get the much better "Reckless Charge" skill, which deals damage and knocks the target down, more damage if their Dash skill is also active.

The Gallant Horses get awesome glimmering tattoos on their head and forelegs, plus all four feet are shiny. Great graphical improvement that is distinctive.

Gallant Elks..... Well, all skills remain the same, except with a slight reduction to the cooldown of its Mounted Fire Arrow skill, but a nerfed percentage damage too. Overall, a nerf to the damage potential of the skill.

And their graphical upgrades? Red antlers for the Violet and Green Elks. Green antlers for the White Elks.

That's it.

WHAT THE FLYING ♥♥♥♥, XL GAMES AND TRION?!?

Gallant Elks should get an improved Elegant Leap (call it "Magnificent Leap") that jumps out to 35m, instead of the current 25m that is available to all Elks.

Make this right, XL Games and Trion. And make it right soon!

cranshinibon
09-09-2016, 05:42 AM
Will there ever be a fix for buff tables (feat, mana, hp etc) to work properly in instanced dungeons? It seems kind of pointless that you can't place a buff table for whatever, inside the dungeon when buffs run out, and you have to be outside to use it.

Pumpkip
09-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Could we know more about the skillqueue that has been causing issues to some/many players for how long still we need to wait?

MysticWizard
09-09-2016, 10:06 AM
I would love to be able to use my anywhere wharehouse in the same locations as the personal owl thanks :D

N3kko
09-09-2016, 10:40 AM
Why not spread events into the night time also, right now its utter bull you have to be logged certain hours of the day not all players can or want to log on those hours.
There are 24h in a day not just 12, there is literally a gap of 11h with nothing going on while the rest of 13 hours you have to run from event to event.

Pgaladriel
09-09-2016, 12:07 PM
You link the info in your link ...
European Schedule (Times listed in UTC & CEST)

But you do a mistake syrinx, CEST= central european SUMMER time. And when winter hour comming we go in CET and CET= UTC+1

Zidious
09-09-2016, 03:55 PM
What weapon skin is this on the Sep update:

http://prnt.sc/cg7fcl

raincloud
09-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Recap?

miracle
09-16-2016, 07:54 AM
I normally view recorded AA live stream weekly on Twitch. For September, I see ones for Trove Devilian ect... but can't find Archeage? I've been checking up on this all week, when will it be posted?

M1666
09-16-2016, 08:07 AM
What weapon skin is this on the Sep update:

http://prnt.sc/cg7fcl

ayanad flame greatsword

Vixenne
09-16-2016, 08:22 AM
But you do a mistake syrinx, CEST= central european SUMMER time. And when winter hour comming we go in CET and CET= UTC+1
If you are right, and i am afraid you are, the situation is worse than expected.

It means in winter no major PvP event in the evening prime time for most of the EU community, insane...

Eshva
09-16-2016, 08:27 AM
Is there a reason why the t7 don't get the glow from the different grades? Especially when the korean site uses T7 to display the glow.