PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

pickledDeath
08-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Ah, hi. Um, I'm Steffi, but you can call me Pickle or Pickles or whatever you want really. I guess I'm introducing myself (huzzah!) Just some basic history on me, I'm a 23 year old female living on the east coast of the United States. I work in the IT industry second shift. I love to read, I love the horror genre, and (of course) I love to play videogames!

I'm sort of old hack at free to play MMORPGs. They are my one true addiction. Unfortunately, the older I've gotten the shorter my attention span has gotten and the less time I spend playing MMOs. But, my fiance suggested I take look at ArcheAge since it's rumored to be very good and supposed to come out soon.

I'm both intrigued and a little cautious. The trailers honestly look sort of weak, the gameplay visuals are a little old school, but I guess I was sort of expecting that from a port of a popular Asian MMO. I think what I'm most interested is the player geared economy and the land owning and whatnot. I've played a lot of games that encouraged players to succeed in the game outside of combat, but I've never played one that made actually doing that not horrible. So, yeah. I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm going to try to get into the upcoming beta event.

And, I'd love to make some friends to play with!

Drunkngod
08-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Welcome to AA!! Even if AA is absolutely a game you wanted to play I think it's something you should definitely try first. The thing I'd worry about is you getting a feel (good or bad) in just a single weekend event. While I admit there are some games you can just tell if you're going to like them or not. ArcheAge is, IMHO, a little more diverse and in depth than most of those games. Just when you think you've seen it all you find out there's so much more that you've never seen or experienced...if that makes sense.