PDA

View Full Version : 3.0 Fresh start servers

Cascaden
09-14-2016, 04:08 AM
???

mikroman
09-14-2016, 04:53 AM
New server is optional and not "have to do" thing. If you want your old things in old server you can stay there. (where you can't be competitive after you missed some weeks or months or you didn't play since the server start or if you don't invest insane amount real money).

Fresh start will star in december. ALL players will start new character in level 1 and in 0-0 profeciencies. You can't use your old resources (labor, loyalty, credit in old account). You have to regist/start new account and new character. Some players think Trino will do nothing and they will give us same system (same credit, account management, region), but The MasterTroll of Trion (Khorlan) says they will try to prevent all credit (APEX) and labor point (Worker compensation) transfers from old accounts to new account. If they do it right all old players will lose their advantage. All players will start from same starting point. BUT: core system will stay unchanged. You can pay more and buy credits and buy items in real money market. This will give you advantage (after start time when Trion will remove all restrictions), but you have to pay after server start and you can't use your old resources. You can pay more account's patrons and send resources to your main character in new server too. This is disgusting broken and not fair game system, but Trino did noting and they will do nothing to make it better.

edit: fresh start = lvl 1 character, 0 profeciency, basic starting inventory and storage space (but you can buy new certificates in marketplace in day1)
+you don't have to sacrifice your old account and old character. You have to create new account to join new server. Old characters and accounts will be unchanged.

Frammallamadingdong
09-14-2016, 08:48 AM
With update 3.0 will come at least 2 new fresh start servers. One for NA and one for EU. However to play on these fresh servers you will NEED to make a NEW account. So here is my current predicament:

My account was progressed very far up to patch 2.5. 5.6k gear score main character with most professions maxed out and over $600 invested in the game with things off the marketplace like bag space, hauler upgrades, house upgrades and so on and so on. Unfortunately I didn't have to the time to play for about 3 months and its amazing how far I fell behind. (Too many swipers going to 7k GS)

So I tried playing catch up but its close to impossible without invested a lot of my time and money into my account/character. So then I catch word of fresh start servers with update 3.0. Amazing! I thought at first. This sounds like a fix to my current problem. But wait, its been said I need to create a new account to play on new server. RIP my time and money invested into Archeage up to now.

So starting on a new servers means what? Ill need to buy bag space/haulers upgrades /housing upgrades/costumes/mounts and so on all over again? Does Trion intend to provide any type of compensation? It would be great to see if there was a way to transfer any amount of my previous money investment onto the new account. Even if it meant sacrificing my current account for the sake of avoiding exploits. It goes without saying that ill lose my current time investment into the game but I don't want to lose my money investment.

How do you guys feel about this? Have you invested a lot of money into your current account? Are you interested in starting on a fresh start server? Are you concerned about needing to create a new account and losing your current money investment?

Can a Trion Dev please share their thoughts on this topic? Have you guys discussed this at all? Do you have a stand or policy pertaining to this? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

InB4 thread re-direct.

No, you cant transfer wealth to fresh start servers. No, you dont get any compensation for it, you already received your compensation for what you paid by using the stuff you bought on your old server. You'll never be able to stay at the top of gear score without putting in more money, so you might as well start on the fresh server where everyone will be equal to you. Your other option is to keep playing on your old server where you will essentially be starting at a 2k gear score disadvantage. Either way, with your mentality of wanting to stay at the top of gear score rankings, you will almost always be needing to put in more money.

Myrry
09-15-2016, 10:29 AM
I don't want to invest time or money in being better...God bless 'Merica! WTB Archeage welfare system

Cascaden
09-16-2016, 02:04 AM
???

Dzirt
09-16-2016, 03:21 PM
The only way they can prevent gold transferring (via APEX), if they block character creation on all other servers that are not fresh start. This way they can't just got to their legacy servers, create a new character, and send ♥♥♥♥ load of APEXes and be insta rich on the new fresh start server.

Cascaden
09-21-2016, 09:34 AM
???

Eshva
09-21-2016, 10:08 AM
So starting on a new servers means what? Ill need to buy bag space/haulers upgrades /housing upgrades/costumes/mounts and so on all over again? Does Trion intend to provide any type of compensation? It would be great to see if there was a way to transfer any amount of my previous money investment onto the new account.

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111127507/5331506-9610897971-giphy.gif

I'm sorry not sorry. Its a fresh start. Meaning your choosing to start all over. Its not fresh start with "perks for playing 2 years". The only perk you'll get is enjoying that land grab, gear grind all a shiny brand new account. If you don't want to leave your invested account I suggest you stick with it.

Cascaden
09-21-2016, 10:16 PM
???

Smit
09-24-2016, 02:57 PM
To OP: Your title of broad "Fresh start 3.0" without the term "compensation" Leads it open to everyone discussing what they want regarding fresh start. It isnt cool to have 50 threads about the same topic and you chose to take this title....About compensation, no...there should be no compensation.

The only way they can prevent gold transferring (via APEX), if they block character creation on all other servers that are not fresh start. This way they can't just got to their legacy servers, create a new character, and send ♥♥♥♥ load of APEXes and be insta rich on the new fresh start server.

This is the biggest thing that will determine if I will play on the fresh start server. IF Trion allows players to make other characters on additional servers then they can easily bring in MASSIVE amounts of wealth from other servers. It really should be limited to only that one server, time will tell how it all works.

The community does have a bad impression of the greed of TRION and I think in some regards that use to be true. I do however think at this point that TRION recognizes that having a popular game is more important for revenue than to have it be more P2W. IF Trion revamps what is available in the cash shop and take measures to restrict the flow of APEX/labor from other servers into the new server, then we can have an epic adventure together.

Do not get me wrong, I want there to be some capacity of P2W in this...I have a job to work and therefore will not be able to grind questing to get me to 55 in a week like some of you nerds. I want to be able to put $100 into credits and buy workers comps to burn labor in order to keep pace and competitive...But I dont want to compete with people who have millions of gold from farming DGS for the past 4 years...

Cascaden
09-26-2016, 10:06 AM
???

ArcheAger
09-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I can see where I went wrong now. Additionally I see playing Trion games was also a mistake. My bad.

Come on, give them a break. These fresh start servers are meant to generate additional revenue for the game/company. Without a healthy balance sheet, all the other servers will suffer down the road. I would not be playing on fresh start server for sure because I have invested much into my current account to 'throw' it away. Its not for people like us. Wait for a while, after a period of time, the fresh start server may open up for transfer. If you like to play there, you can then transfer your account there then.

The fresh start server may 'dilute' the population on current existing servers. The risk is that some of the already lowly populated servers may end up in merger down the road. Server merger is not entirely bad if handled appropriately especially with regards to land ownership. Perhaps there must be a stipulation that only existing land owner (of at least a 16x16 plot) in a zone can contest for land in that zone on the merged server so that there will not be people from say Solis going over to Hasla to grab land which they don't already own in Hasla on current server. Needless to say, people who have no land on old server cannot claim any land in any zone on the merged server (at least for a month after merged server launched). This will ease the competition and reduce the salt from losing land plot as a result of server merge.

Smit
09-26-2016, 12:51 PM
IF the big guilds go to the fresh start server, then you can likely start to farm end game content. IF they dont, then you can go there and have fun with non-swipers...well till they open up server transfers in.

I think a big problem was announcing that server mergers would come after 6months.

Frammallamadingdong
09-28-2016, 09:42 AM
The best part of this entire crap thread is the fact that this guy swiped 600$ on his own server to get 5k GS but immediately (within one sentence) complains about other "swipers" getting to 7k.

tulk
09-28-2016, 09:50 AM
With update 3.0 will come at least 2 new fresh start servers. One for NA and one for EU. However to play on these fresh servers you will NEED to make a NEW account. So here is my current predicament:

My account was progressed very far up to patch 2.5. 5.6k gear score main character with most professions maxed out and over $600 invested in the game with things off the marketplace like bag space, hauler upgrades, house upgrades and so on and so on. Unfortunately I didn't have to the time to play for about 3 months and its amazing how far I fell behind. (Too many swipers going to 7k GS)

So I tried playing catch up but its close to impossible without invested a lot of my time and money into my account/character. So then I catch word of fresh start servers with update 3.0. Amazing! I thought at first. This sounds like a fix to my current problem. But wait, its been said I need to create a new account to play on new server. RIP my time and money invested into Archeage up to now.

So starting on a new servers means what? Ill need to buy bag space/haulers upgrades /housing upgrades/costumes/mounts and so on all over again? Does Trion intend to provide any type of compensation? It would be great to see if there was a way to transfer any amount of my previous money investment onto the new account. Even if it meant sacrificing my current account for the sake of avoiding exploits. It goes without saying that ill lose my current time investment into the game but I don't want to lose my money investment.

How do you guys feel about this? Have you invested a lot of money into your current account? Are you interested in starting on a fresh start server? Are you concerned about needing to create a new account and losing your current money investment?

Can a Trion Dev please share their thoughts on this topic? Have you guys discussed this at all? Do you have a stand or policy pertaining to this? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

All I can read from your post is: I want everyone to be weak but me!

FRESH START, so EVERYONE starts from the same place! If you ask for something to make it there, you're missing the point of the fresh start, same 7k-8k whales on our server would get to be whales on new one if there was something like that

Cascaden
09-28-2016, 11:56 AM
???

Frammallamadingdong
09-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Best private message response I've had to one of my replies on this forum:

Cascaden writes:

STFU
Learn how to read before calling threads crap. And if its so crap why did you respond? nothing else to do in your day? You that board? No friends?

In response, Id like to say that yes, sometimes, I am just that :rolleyes:board:rolleyes:.

Cascaden
09-29-2016, 02:20 AM
Best private message response I've had to one of my replies on this forum:

Cascaden writes:

STFU
Learn how to read before calling threads crap. And if its so crap why did you respond? nothing else to do in your day? You that board? No friends?

In response, Id like to say that yes, sometimes, I am just that :rolleyes:board:rolleyes:.

???

Frammallamadingdong
09-29-2016, 08:47 AM
???

???

???

???

???

???

???

LOL! Either Cascaden is having problems expressing himself or the moderation here is FANTASTIC!

Focslain
09-29-2016, 09:50 AM
LOL! Either Cascaden is having problems expressing himself or the moderation here is FANTASTIC!

Checked his post history, it's only in this thread... is this a form of forum chat banning?

ariodsenuke
10-01-2016, 10:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The last fresh start server killed the population on all the other servers. This will kill the game! Why would you want to reset all the hard work you put into the game? there are already 10+ dead servers in the game, so why would you want to open a new one?

ariodsenuke
10-01-2016, 10:21 PM
Come on, give them a break. These fresh start servers are meant to generate additional revenue for the game/company. Without a healthy balance sheet, all the other servers will suffer down the road. I would not be playing on fresh start server for sure because I have invested much into my current account to 'throw' it away. Its not for people like us. Wait for a while, after a period of time, the fresh start server may open up for transfer. If you like to play there, you can then transfer your account there then.

The fresh start server may 'dilute' the population on current existing servers. The risk is that some of the already lowly populated servers may end up in merger down the road. Server merger is not entirely bad if handled appropriately especially with regards to land ownership. Perhaps there must be a stipulation that only existing land owner (of at least a 16x16 plot) in a zone can contest for land in that zone on the merged server so that there will not be people from say Solis going over to Hasla to grab land which they don't already own in Hasla on current server. Needless to say, people who have no land on old server cannot claim any land in any zone on the merged server (at least for a month after merged server launched). This will ease the competition and reduce the salt from losing land plot as a result of server merge.

They should have thought about the long term before auroria when this game was thriving. They decided to be greedy and it bit them right in the ♥♥♥. Serves them right. The reason they are struggling financially is because they pissed away their huge fanbase with greed and crappy servers. Their own fault. The best part about the Glyph store is I can see all the games trion makes and I will never give the light of day all in one place.

Screw trion... and XL.

Nerdwaffen
10-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Fresh start server will be a new AFK simulator. :cool:

mikroman
10-04-2016, 03:50 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The last fresh start server killed the population on all the other servers. This will kill the game! Why would you want to reset all the hard work you put into the game? there are already 10+ dead servers in the game, so why would you want to open a new one?

I don't need dead servers. 1 live and fun server is better than 10 dead ghost town servers. And fresh start is an option and not "have to do" thing. You can chose old servers and miss the new fresh start. Or chose the fresh start and keep old characters too. If old servers will lose players in fresh start this is good feedback. This players are playing in old and less fun servers because they can't chose better and fresh server now. = endgame and old servers are craps.
If we will have many players in new server and old servers will lose population this will be the reaction of the player's immune system. :D Maybe trino/xlgame will fix the broken system or they will create real endgame option.

Okinja
10-16-2016, 12:27 AM
Fresh Start is awesome, Gear Score race.
Guild Wars and it spices up the competition.
It's where all the competitive players will go, so why complain if you're a carebear.

Gariored
10-17-2016, 09:31 AM
I love how everyone is SO hyped about this new fresh start server without any real concrete evidence of what its about
I mean it sounds too good to be true and (and I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it) impossible to achieve with archeage's P2W mechanics

APEX, Cashshop RNG boxes and more than half the items in the cashshop would have to be removed so it can't be "P2W"

you can hope the sound of the fresh start server will bring in more pay to sub players but its going to end up like the other "fresh start" servers

rush of players, then a huge exodus of players that get bored once they reach endgame and those who are left just farm and exploit to their hearts content

oh and also I believe scamming will run rampant on this new server as well

blahh
12-06-2016, 01:46 AM
Hey guys, check out this Petition! Maybe with enough support, we can convince Trion to change their ways!

https://www.change.org/p/in-please-trion-leave-pay-to-win-items-out-of-the-cash-shop-on-the-new-fresh-start-servers