PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Remember to reset your trade packs!

Celestrata Bloodsong
09-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Hello Adventuring Friends,

Celestrata here with a friendly reminder: REMEMBER TO MANUALLY RESET OR MOVE YOUR TRADE PACKS EACH WEEK. DON'T LEAVE IT TO CHANCE.

While we have our routine maintenance each week, and that maintenance does reset the expiration timer, you should not rely on maintenance to save your most precious of packs. Sometimes we may have to move our maintenance window, or we may need to not have a maintenance in a week at all, in order to make sure ArcheAge runs as best as possible. In those cases, you may lose packs if you're relying on the server to do it for you.

The responsibility of upkeeping your packs is in your hands -- not the server's hands. So be mindful of what you place, and make sure to keep that timer updated!

That's your important PSA for the week! Timers up, friends!

Sincerely,
Celestrata Bloodsong

Traciatim
09-20-2016, 04:11 PM
They don't last a whole week anyway, so even if the maintenance was done right down to the correct minute the packs would have been gone long before that anyway.

Viria15
09-20-2016, 04:18 PM
hehe i love players having to explain how the game works. timer is 6 days, maintenance is 7 days

notebene
09-20-2016, 05:31 PM
hehe i love players having to explain how the game works. timer is 6 days, maintenance is 7 days

I think a lot of us know this, but we'll do one move earlier in the week, maybe Friday or Saturday, or perhaps we did a run on a Thursday or something, and think to ourselves, "Selves, this will get reset at maintenance, nice!" Sometimes we look at the timers on some packs and do a little math (I refuse to put an 's' on the end of that, it's down right unnatural and disturbing) and realize if maintenance happens, they'll reset.

What is 'more' confusing to me about the announcement happening when it did is that it would 'seem' we would be having maintenance 'on schedule' this week. Wouldn't it make more sense to make the announcement/reminder/PSA on a week where maintenance was rescheduled? :confused:

Expendable
09-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Does this mean no maintenance tomorrow?