PDA

View Full Version : [Help] Darkrunner: What Armor / Weapons are recommended

G481
08-20-2014, 04:43 AM
I am thinking about making a Darkrunner (Battlerage, Shadowplay, Auramancy) but i dont know what armor and what weapons are good for it. Here are some questions.

What type of armor is good for the Darkrunner?
Leather or Plate?

What type of stats should the armor have?

What type of weapon is good for the Darkrunner?
2-Handed sword, Dual Wielding swords, etc

What type of stats should the weapon have?

FletchLives
08-20-2014, 11:16 AM
No offense my friend but people should really take a little time and search the forums. You're not going to be a special snowflake playing DR. Most played class atm. Don't expect to be able to do what the guy below can do. He has had a lot of practice and makes it look easy but it's not.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?16572-Darkrunning-1.2-feat.-eNDAH-%28combat-guide%29

FletchLives
08-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Double post lag, Mod please remove.

Kaldanis
08-20-2014, 11:47 AM
No offense my friend but people should really take a little time and search the forums. You're not going to be a special snowflake playing DR. Most played class atm. Don't expect to be able to do what the guy below can do. He has had a lot of practice and makes it look easy but it's not.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?16572-Darkrunning-1.2-feat.-eNDAH-%28combat-guide%29

To be fair, the thread you linked doesn't really answer any of his questions. It just talks about the build and rotations without going into best armour and weapon type

I too have the same questions as OP but from looking around several sites, it seems you should use plate while leveling and then switch to leather. You should dual wield while leveling and for PvE, but for PvP you should get some amazing 2hand axe that has silence or something. As for which two weapons to dual wield, I think you use a sword in your mainhand and either a katana, dagger or axe in your off hand.

I have no idea which is optimal as I can't find a discussion on it anywhere

keybaud
08-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Why not read up on the benefits of the different armours and weapons and make an informed decision, instead of playing what someone else tells you?

Artamon
08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Sword mainhand and dagger offhand for amazing attack speed proc. Then you switch to 2h for burst when you trip. Leaher armor. :P

Tet
08-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Sword mainhand and dagger offhand for amazing attack speed proc. Then you switch to 2h for burst when you trip. Leaher armor. :PI will laugh every time I see anyone other than an archer using leather.

FletchLives
08-20-2014, 02:27 PM
I will laugh every time I see anyone other than an archer using leather.

Why is that? Leather gives you fairly good defense against physical and magic, plus you get crit and evasion from the set bonus.

Vryyce
08-20-2014, 02:32 PM

Fair enough, not everyone is expected to understand game mechanics.

CoryandStuff
08-22-2014, 08:12 AM

Why? If you have all 7 leather armor pieces equipped then the stats are:
"Increases Attack Speed* and Evasion +3%, bow skill range +3m, and Melee/Ranged Citical Rates +5%. Also decreases duration of Trip -20%.
*the 7 set buff tooltip does not list the attack speed increase like the 4 set, but it is still reflected on your character sheet."
- from the ArcheAge wiki

Sounds pretty good for this class since speed is a main focus compared to plate or cloth. Also, you can use plate or cloth but that just depends on how you use your class/playstyle.

Isante
08-22-2014, 12:25 PM

Sounds like someone hasn't played the game. Plate is good for PvE. Leather is awesome for PvP for everyone but casters.

Tet
08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
Except leather has the worst damage-type resistances and you'll be rolling with main stat as agility. Unless you're socketing crit damage lunagems, your damage won't be as good considering all your abilities scale with melee attack (strength). Sure, you can 2-shot, but then you're toast if it's anything other than 1v1.

Titano
08-26-2014, 09:50 PM
I do not think you know how the crafting system works in this game. You do not need a set with agility at all if you don't want one.
Set Desert (Str/Stm - Set Efect Atk)
Set Squall (Agi/Stm - Set Efect Atk Speed)
Set Typhoon (Str/Agi/Stm - Set Efect Critical Damage)

stayhumble
08-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Except leather has the worst damage-type resistances and you'll be rolling with main stat as agility. Unless you're socketing crit damage lunagems, your damage won't be as good considering all your abilities scale with melee attack (strength). Sure, you can 2-shot, but then you're toast if it's anything other than 1v1.

what? there's str/agi, str, str/sta leather sets..hell are you talking about? leather has good resists to both defenses.. if anything wearing plate will make people laugh at you.

Vryyce
08-26-2014, 10:48 PM

You may actually want to play the game before posting about it.