PDA

View Full Version : Need help with damage

Agent51
10-05-2016, 07:03 AM
I am lvl 55 primevel with all three skillsets maxed out, and equippped with all of the gear i obtained from the ticket they were handing out last event but i still do ♥♥♥♥ damage and get on or two shotted by everyone else. can someone recommend a class that deals a lot of damage and is tanky too without needing divine or higher equipment?

Cohiba
10-05-2016, 07:44 AM
As Primeval, and archer in general, you are very gear and skill reliant and not very strong on your own. Archers are backline fighters , if a melee gets to you.... you have a problem.

If you want to be a simple and beefy fighter for 1v1 and similar scenarios, I would recommend you play a battlerage class. They are much simpler and more straightforward to play and not as gear reliant. Also you could wear the stuff you got for archer and not be completely terrible with it.

The tankiest option is an abolisher (battlerage + defense + auramancy). Here you get lots of "free stats" and have good damage (battlerage does heavy damage by default).
An example build would be something like this:
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/422148

Note that behind enemy lines is one of the most damaging battlerage skills, so don't worry if you don't hit as hard till you get battlerage to 55.
If you don't like the playstyle at all... try mage I guess lol. There is lots of threads already on different classes. If you want pure damage and don't care about being 2 shotted too much, you can also try to play darkrunner. That's also very simple to play and works a bit better with your agility gear (agility gives melee crit rate).
Keep in mind that Abolisher has far more panic buttons, so it is much more forgiving and easier to play... plus you won't get 2 shotted if you activate the right skills (shrug it off, conversion shield, redoubt, brondbreaker, invincibility..)

Hope this helps :)

Agent51
10-05-2016, 07:58 AM
ty ive been so frustrated with people attacking me while im doing trade runs or missions and notbeing able to fight back. the one thing i hate about this game is the open pvp and the outrageous differences in armor score, But with your advice i think i can be a little better thankyou!

Cohiba
10-05-2016, 08:08 AM
ty ive been so frustrated with people attacking me while im doing trade runs or missions and notbeing able to fight back. the one thing i hate about this game is the open pvp and the outrageous differences in armor score, But with your advice i think i can be a little better thankyou!

That's how the game is designed, it's not a traditional MMORPG and in no way fair.
It's kill or be killed, win or lose... Korean tryhardu style!
Traderuns give rewards based on distance and risk of the route. If you cannot handle getting attacked and robbed, you should return to doing safe trade runs that do not cross PvP zones and the ocean... or take the thrill/risk and go at night or try to be sneaky with stealth etc.
The most important thing when doing traderuns is to understand the mechanics of guards. They can be very confusing and make little sense...

To sum it up:
XXX alliance guards: attack anyone on sight who is not a member of the said alliance. (I. e. nuia alliance guards will kill harani, pirates etc instantly, but never touch nuians)

neutral alliance guards: attack only pirates and players who are fighting in their radius. Their agro logic is very weird... they usually just go for whoever dealt damage within their vision of sight first, regardless of faction. For example if you as harani attack a nuian in ynystere, the guards will instantly kill you.. even if it's your factions home continent that you are on. They prioritize certain things like damage over time effects and have some weird mechanics (they can shoot frozen arrows through imprisons, they sometimes swim or run in weird ways).

Most experienced bandits/robbers know how the guards work and where and how to abuse them, so don't trust guards and try to be sneaky or go the safe way :)

Agent51
10-05-2016, 08:22 AM
lol i figured out vthe guards already one i hit someone with an arrow just outside the neutral guards vision range let them throw a fire bolt and stepped back. as soon as the bolt hit me the guards murdered the guy. I want to be clear though this guy had it comming. he ambushed me in glitterstone while i was still on the loading screen. I only attck/ steal out of revenge.

Cohiba
10-05-2016, 09:01 AM
lol i figured out vthe guards already one i hit someone with an arrow just outside the neutral guards vision range let them throw a fire bolt and stepped back. as soon as the bolt hit me the guards murdered the guy. I want to be clear though this guy had it comming. he ambushed me in glitterstone while i was still on the loading screen. I only attck/ steal out of revenge.

guess you got the basics down, but it's a lot more complicated than you might think. guards can also agro on vehicles and cannons etc... they are extremely weird.

stealing/attacking is fine to do, just accept the consequences/reputation. If you are always a nice guy you do get benefits from people simply being nicer to you by default at times... you'll figure it out :)

Agent51
10-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Thats what i try to do. help others and be kind. though i will ocassionally hop on my other character to steal from those who severly grief me. eh if i wasnt a little evil now and then i might go crazy. heck the people at work already think i smile too much...

Moleman
10-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Hi Agent51, going to chime in with my observations.

The free gear is good starter stuff, the weapons are kinda lousy, so even in a "damage dealer" build you still want a better weapon. There are better shields too, epherium shields and obs shields have a bonus to pdef that outclasses the free shield early and easy. Obsidian flutes have a pdef bonus, gems of course. Obsidian jerkin helps pdef too.

Primeval is definitely NOT a solo - danger area - pack runner build by nature. Better solo pack runner builds are like Abolisher, blighter, nightblade maybe.

Here's your problem. I have gotten about 5 characters with celestial t4-t5 gear BEFORE the ticket and it's freaking EXPENSIVE (something like 12-14k gold)... AND it's not even as good as the ticket stuff. Sooooo.... your free archer leather kit is going to be your best stuff for a while. The leather kit isn't terrible for melee, I believe it has some strength stats on it.

I would suggest switch to blighter or Abolisher.

Get a better weapon and shield asap. T5 Celest at the absolute minim for blade ((edit - a T1 divine off the AH for 4500g is an extremely good investment if you can save that kinda scratch)) (sword for more defensey/short spear for more offensy) Sheild Celestial or better Epherium or Delhp or Celest t4 Obs shield "Anticipation or higher")

GEMS, extremely important and Trion threw a jack hammer at the leather people by giving them free amgic defense gems in the freakin land of darkrunner-age. What I did with my gemming is on Hat/belt/wrists I got 3x 100 pdef gems, then either went for refined 50 pdef gems or got lazy and added the free gems on the hat.
Shirt is strictly for honor stone (3% damage reduction) and resilience gems.
Pants are strictly for honor stone toughness, honor gems toughness - these help amazingly.
Gloves honor 24% melee crit damage stone... parry gems - crafted first, then prestige, they are called esoteric.
boots - the stone i prefer is another toughness stone then for gems crafted move speed gems, then the prestige ones.
blade - 2% melee damage honor stone, honor focus gems
Shield - block rate stone - block rate gems
bow/instrument - melee attack THEN maybe prestige defense pen

Don't skimp on gems if you can help it. A 500g 2% gem over a 100g 1% gem is WAY worth it.

The more I think about this, the more I like blighter. Stealth plus danger pack running is REALLY nice. For honor, do CR/GR/Halc/MM as often as you can. For prestige, run the archeum trade packs in DS, World bosses after rifts, bunker, and OC. It adds up fast and all the gems turn a squishy 3900 GS into a reasonably survivable 4700GS very noticeably.

(((edit edit -- Don't gem any obsidian stuff that you aren't DONE tiering up - ie divine t1. Tier it to 4-6 whenver your DONE, THEN gem it)))

((edit X3 -- After your weapon is sorted, you might wanna look into making/buying t4-t5 obs leather one peice at a time (the melee set v1 I think) or delph desert leather. Save your gems for these peices if you go this route.))))))

Rock on