PDA

View Full Version : Grab some credits and get a FREE SPEEDBOAT: Now until October 24

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 10:07 AM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/10/OctoberCredit_blog.jpg

Thinking about getting yourself some credits? Make sure to do it before October 24 to receive a few special gifts!

The below gifts can only be claimed once per account multiple purchases of credit packs will not award the corresponding special gift multiple times!

Buy $50 in credits and receive a bonus 100 loyalty pack!

For those purchasing $50 credit packs, your bonus will be a gift of 100 loyalty tokens! Use this grant of tokens to grab something special from our Loyalty Token store, like a new mount, costume, or pet!

Buy $100 in credits and receive a FREE Seaskimmer Speedboat!

Speed off into the sunset on this luxurious new marvel of seafaring technology! Able to hold four trade packs and four passengers along with a powerful, fast engine, this speedboat is ready to make some waves.

Luniliel
10-12-2016, 10:10 AM
this is cool and all... but you guys removed the Market place Event rubric... When you claimed the Marketplace token, it said on your own website "claim until 17th" so what's the point of claiming something that is useless ?

Once again you can't even agree with yourself.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 10:14 AM
this is cool and all... but you guys removed the Market place Event rubric... When you claimed the Marketplace token, it said on your own website "claim until 17th" so what's the point of claiming something that is useless ?

Once again you can't even agree with yourself.

You mean the Masked Daru weapons?

Luniliel
10-12-2016, 10:15 AM
no i mean the marketplace token that you could exchange for the Book to change stats for example. the rubric no longer exists on your CS.

And thoses were a part of the Bundle to claim "until the 17th".. but is now completely useless since you removed the items to trade for.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 10:18 AM
no i mean the marketplace token that you could exchange for the Book to change stats for example. the rubric no longer exists on your CS.

And thoses were a part of the Bundle to claim "until the 17th".. but is now completely useless since you removed the items to trade for.

I'll look into that today, thanks for the report, Lun.

Appoloin
10-12-2016, 10:22 AM
This is showing on NA but not on EU?

KaoSdReapeR
10-12-2016, 10:23 AM
When is the plan going to be in the login badge sales?

Archaelin
10-12-2016, 10:25 AM
I see Trion is still in the business of giving unfair advantages to those who pay more.

Some things never change.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 10:28 AM
I see Trion is still in the business of giving unfair advantages to those who pay more.

The boat listed above is no more powerful than the one that can be acquired in-game through the gilda design, crafting and upgrade process. It's simply a different method of acquisition. And, as other people have pointed out, there are other boats in the game that could be better suited towards different purposes, such as a heroic grade clipper or an upgraded merchant ship.

ioulios1
10-12-2016, 10:28 AM
thats why keep playing this instead of deleting it and maybe they start fixing things because of losing customers

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 10:32 AM
When is the plan going to be in the login badge sales?

It looks like the boat acquisition method has changed over to only the gilda design and the login badge option has not been added into the game with this update. This may change in the future, but right now it's going to be gilda design only.

BillyCool
10-12-2016, 10:33 AM
It looks like the boat acquisition method has changed over to only the gilda design and the login badge option has not been added into the game with this update. This may change in the future, but right now it's going to be gilda design only.

Thanks for lying again. What's next?

Oh oh, maybe sell an Enoan for 1000$ next. Nothing you can't get through ingame means right?

Iyukiinko
10-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Hello, how long does it take to receive the Speedboat after one has bought that 100 Euro credit pack? Thanks for the answer.

Bioshi
10-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Will the speedboat still be available after Oct. 24 through normal means?

Lydia
10-12-2016, 10:48 AM
I just bought the $50 credits four times... 10 minutes before this credit promotion :( I want the 400 loyalty tokens that I would have gotten if I had waited those few minutes... but I thought that since the maintenence was just over, that the shop had already been updated >_<

Im stocking up on the credits for the broom box thats out soon. Celestrata do you think I'll get the loyalty tokens if I submit a ticket or is it hopeless?

:( the credits are still unspent in my account as proof ... if you buy $50 four times you get 37,400 credits and i have that in my funds. not spending it til i can get compensated so that you believe me Q_Q

edit: i drew you pls help me Dx

http://puu.sh/rGELB/0bebd223cc.png

KaoSdReapeR
10-12-2016, 10:58 AM
Why dont you allow people to buy the 150€ pack and get the boat as a bonus? Why does it have to be credits only?

Shalille
10-12-2016, 11:01 AM
I'll look into that today, thanks for the report, Lun.

If you go back in time a few days, its the event tab in marketplace where ppl can spend the 10 tokens they got with the free anniversary pack..

After speaking with them, we will be ending the Marketplace portion on October 12. The removal will come with a marketplace update, so there will be an announcement on the servers when that will take place.

Sadly some ppl didnt get your warning. So while they can still claim the anniversary pack up till the 17th, they cant spend the 10 anniversary tokens after the 12th.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 11:02 AM
I just bought the $50 credits four times... 10 minutes before this credit promotion :( I want the 400 loyalty tokens that I would have gotten if I had waited those few minutes... but I thought that since the maintenence was just over, that the shop had already been updated >_<

Im stocking up on the credits for the broom box thats out soon. Celestrata do you think I'll get the loyalty tokens if I submit a ticket or is it hopeless?

:( the credits are still unspent in my account as proof ... if you buy $50 four times you get 37,400 credits and i have that in my funds. not spending it til i can get compensated so that you believe me Q_Q

Contact our customer service department at http://support.trionworlds.com. Tell them you recently purchased a $50 credits pack and explain the situation. :)

Also, wow, thank you!

Lydia
10-12-2016, 11:03 AM
thank you :D

bigfishers
10-12-2016, 11:06 AM
If i buy the 100 pack is the boat bound or do i still have to build it ?

Turambaredolas
10-12-2016, 11:10 AM
@Lydia: "The below gifts can only be claimed once per account"
so you'll only get 100 loyalty and not 400 (unless you bought 1 pack each on 4 accounts -> then you will need to submit a ticket from each account)

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-12-2016, 11:17 AM
If you go back in time a few days, its the event tab in marketplace where ppl can spend the 10 tokens they got with the free anniversary pack..

Sadly some ppl didnt get your warning. So while they can still claim the anniversary pack up till the 17th, they cant spend the 10 anniversary tokens after the 12th.

Yes, today's discontinuation was only for the weapons. The other claimable items should have been kept on the marketplace until the 17th.

Moly
10-12-2016, 11:24 AM
We must talk Celestrata

Jamms
10-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes, today's discontinuation was only for the weapons. The other claimable items should have been kept on the marketplace until the 17th.

No event tab on marketplace anymore so can't claim.

Lydia
10-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Contact our customer service department at http://support.trionworlds.com. Tell them you recently purchased a $50 credits pack and explain the situation. :)

Ok so I explained my situation and they just deleted all my credits back down to 0... and then they said "buy it again"... they assumed they could refund me the money I spent but I used 4x prepaid cards... now I am stuck with 0 credits after buying $200 worth... why me :(

i give up.. support always finds a way to mess up my problem into something bigger and then they will probably refuse to help me... it has happened before and their excuse was "sorry, we dont have the tools to help you nor can we just give a player an item"

.. i never asked for free stuff, i asked for stuff I was missing.. like these loyalty tokens for example.. now they delete my entire credit balance from $200 to $0.00... i asked you celestrata because i trust you more than that stupid support center :( :(

bigfishers
10-12-2016, 11:34 AM
so is the speed boat come wraped or no?

Kiba00
10-12-2016, 11:35 AM
ok i bought the 100$ credit pack for the boat, after waiting 5 mins i got the credits but no boat. that was a hour ago. ive had a support ticket for 25mins now and still nothing....

Lydia
10-12-2016, 11:35 AM
ok i bought the 100$ credit pack for the boat, after waiting 5 mins i got the credits but no boat. that was a hour ago. ive had a support ticket for 25mins now and still nothing....

go to the store, log out, log back in, claim it like a soulforged token if you know how. you have to choose a character to send it to.

Kiba00
10-12-2016, 11:37 AM
go to the store, log out, log back in, claim it like a soulforged token if you know how. you have to choose a character to send it to.

that worked ty

Shelme
10-12-2016, 11:57 AM
I would like to have one, but I'm poor. Some of us got games to escape reality, but it reminds us that the game belongs to real life.
Let's go farm gildas ^^

Alphacake
10-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Lol. Why should it even go into money packs? Why does anything. To entice spending. Don't call it anything else.

Alikatt
10-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Will the event tab be placed back in the marketplace to spend the tokens? If i missed the answer, sry. Thank you

Escapadia
10-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Wow .... the normal cruise speed is very disappointing... 11.7m/s... not worth the money at all...
recommendation: Don't buy it.

Mongoose X
10-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Wow .... the normal cruise speed is very disappointing... 11.7m/s... not worth the money at all...
recommendation: Don't buy it.

Can any of the mechanics be upgraded to increase speed like the sails do for other ships?

Escapadia
10-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Not as far as i have seen...
You have a boost every 30 secs, which seems to speed up to 30ms but its down to 11.7ms in 2 seconds...

Mongoose X
10-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Wow...so having mythic merch and mythic clipper this boat provides zero benefit to me i assume.

Escapadia
10-12-2016, 01:54 PM
not really. someone compared it to a merch with 2 epic sails and 4 packs loaded...
the merch was faster in N/S and 1ms slower on E/W ...
totally useless boat if you ask me...

zombieharlequin
10-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Celestrata, what's with shooting yourselves in the foot here? Obviously adding this to the credit packs is a way to promote spending, which honestly I don't mind at all, I spend a ♥♥♥♥ load of $$ on this game anyway, but what I don't get is why you guys had it nerfed to the point that no one actually wants it other than a handful of RPers? Most the people who get it, like myself are likely people that were going to buy credits boat or no boat.

* Takes damage at Abyssal? WTH? No other boats existing in the game do this, why the speedboat?

* Slower than a Heroic clipper w/propellant? Seriously? It's a speed boat, why not make it, you know... Speedy? It has no offensive capabilities what so ever other than carrying 4 people, so what is the big deal in making it a bit quicker?

Are you guys even going to acknowledge that it has been nerfed way too far? Which by the way is indisputable and was obvious within minutes of the first few people to buy these things.

Mongoose X
10-12-2016, 02:24 PM
All Trion has to do is make it stealth on radar then all stats are justified.

Nes
10-12-2016, 02:31 PM
All Trion has to do is make it stealth on radar then all stats are justified.

^^^ - This would make the slower "speedboat" a better option if it of course didn't appear on radar.

Devilsbeast
10-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Is it possible to give these out to the PTS characters of those that purchased them on the regular servers to do test fitting for crests or has someone already done a crest template for the speed boat?

Gladewof
10-12-2016, 03:00 PM
My trader carries 15 people, 14 packs, moves at 13.2 m/s and has radar, today....a speedboat rammed into my trade ship and very nearly exploded...looked cool though, but now I come to do some research and find out that it's not even slightly fast...I take my ships seriously....this won't enter my inventory as is...ever...not worth 100 dollars, not worth 1200 gilda, not even worth 50 gilda....ALL other ship types can be upgraded past this...particularly by someone willing to spend 100 dollars on the effort. Heavens forbid someone block this thing with a warship.....GAME OVER....
Speed Boats needs rebalancing of some type. No reason it can't have at least 14 or 15 ms cruising speed....at least get it to the point where it can keep up with a reasonably well upgraded clipper if it's going to be THAT fragile. Otherwise even clipper drivers are going to run it over and giggle.

Acruxio
10-12-2016, 03:04 PM
so first u SAID(trion) that we could get it for login badges as well...i said ok sounds good for the ppl that has been login and playing the game ALL these months...whats next? they said no cause maybe in the future will change how u get it? but for now ONLY gilda stars? WTF is that? cause if we get it with login u cannot sell it?...i have been waiting for this and now my dreams r all broken ty trino once again u breack all the trust ppl have...or had on u...GG

remmeber that u need players to play ur game so what happens when u dont have enough players? if all leave cause ur lies....? ty once again for this....and yes i have been playing since day 1, i havent stop playing cause of the game and now we get this greedy pack? $100 and u get a boat? lol yes ik u can craft it as well but cmon, is even funny now how u think ppl gonna spend on that after all the things u have done to this game.

Mongoose X
10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
I don't even care if it's in a $100 pack...but the boat is crap. That's what pisses me off.

Acruxio
10-12-2016, 03:13 PM
I don't even care if it's in a $100 pack...but the boat is crap. That's what pisses me off.

remmeber to say its a "free boat" this is so lame dude lol...next time make something worth the $100...but ofc that would be a lie again cause all they say changes y? money is a big word my friends^^ makes ppl change and companies rekt games.

Kateri
10-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Did anyone try upgrading it yet?

Gariored
10-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Did anyone try upgrading it yet?

reading what is says on the page I think its already the upgraded version.

and its really depressing if 11.7m is the upgraded version's top normal speed... (1.2k gilda and yet it can still be slower than a geared clipper)

Altaress
10-12-2016, 04:07 PM
If I buy the $100 credit pack, do I get both the boat and the loyalty token ?
Or do I have to buyboth $50 for loyalty and $100 for boat only ?

Percy
10-12-2016, 04:13 PM
The cruising speed ranges from 11-13 m/s (seems to depend on N/S and E/W winds a little). I've gotten it up to 38 m/s by using the skill that makes the boat hop and the eco-friendly fuel boost at the same time.

Imtrololol
10-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Me and a friend did some testing with it.

So at 100 buoyancy on both test:

1) Scenario 1: No Ezi's light, no packs, no passenger = cruising speed 13.5 m/s without skill boosts

2) Scenario 2: No Ezi's light, no packs, 1 passenger sitting = cruising speed 11.7 m/s

3) Scenario 3: No ezi's light, no packs, 1 passenger standing only on boat = cruising speed 13.5 m/s

Clearly this boat is buggy af. Kindly fix your product before you sell it. Otherwise people are entitled for an exchange or a refund for a defective product if you refuse to fix it. (hint: Samsung Galaxy Note 7)

Patricq
10-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Any idea of model/pattern, whatever for making the crest for this boat?
http://i63.tinypic.com/2hzo712.jpg
BTW It took me 6,5k gold to craft it with things from AH :D I'm f2p c:

Leern
10-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Will someone from Trion please step up and give us one place to look for definitive answers about what is and isn't going to happen with this game.

It is bad enough to be expected to listen to all of the live streams and read all of the posts on the dev tracker when that information is correct, but when you do all of that and the information is incorrect, why bother?

Not the only example, but the most recent... specific questions were asked about the speedboat and being able to get it for login badges... that question was answered. Now stick to your answer. Fix it by next week's patch.

If things are going to keep changing and you really don't know then just say "We only have control over the marketplace and not over anything else in the game. When we get patches, things that change are just as much a surprise to us as they are to you."

CCHTweaked
10-12-2016, 05:08 PM
Speedboat sux anyway. its a slowboat.

Aislinna
10-12-2016, 05:48 PM

Celestrata's previous response to "How long will 'event' tab be avail in marketplace (to spend marketplace tokens)?"

http://image.prntscr.com/image/b2632cdf6c0449ef9585c8c69827ae74.png

Mordai
10-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Celestrata's previous response to "How long will 'event' tab be avail in marketplace (to spend marketplace tokens)?"

"The opportunity to claim these items will end on October 17th, 2016...."

♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. So, all 5 people that saw that thread two weeks ago knew, and ♥♥♥♥ everyone else. Put the event ♥♥♥♥ back up until 10/17 as was implied. Maybe we should hold on to those tokens for next year, right?

Shanksss
10-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Yes, indeed it is useless speedboat. Compare it with mythic sails clipper of my friend and it's totally embarrassing.

zombieharlequin
10-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Yes, indeed it is useless speedboat. Compare it with mythic sails clipper of my friend and it's totally embarrassing.

They should just give it a regradable motor maybe? that would actually be quite cool i think.

Pleasure
10-12-2016, 06:44 PM
@Celestrata

wil the Speedboat be fixed so it can actually be used during the ONLY water event
During Luscas / Abbysal its not Possible to spawn it cause it dies to quick by the Abbysal water Wich does damage to it for some reason

either fix this or tell people before they buy that its useless cause cant use it during Luscas or Abbysal
still waiting for reply

iamthesky
10-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Celestrata, what's with shooting yourselves in the foot here? Obviously adding this to the credit packs is a way to promote spending, which honestly I don't mind at all, I spend a ♥♥♥♥ load of $$ on this game anyway, but what I don't get is why you guys had it nerfed to the point that no one actually wants it other than a handful of RPers? Most the people who get it, like myself are likely people that were going to buy credits boat or no boat.

* Takes damage at Abyssal? WTH? No other boats existing in the game do this, why the speedboat?

* Slower than a Heroic clipper w/propellant? Seriously? It's a speed boat, why not make it, you know... Speedy? It has no offensive capabilities what so ever other than carrying 4 people, so what is the big deal in making it a bit quicker?

Are you guys even going to acknowledge that it has been nerfed way too far? Which by the way is indisputable and was obvious within minutes of the first few people to buy these things.
how is it nerf'd empty the boat does 13 which is the same as it is on korea

raincloud
10-12-2016, 10:24 PM
After speaking with them, we will be ending the Marketplace portion on October 12. The removal will come with a marketplace update, so there will be an announcement on the servers when that will take place.

The thing is, no announcement was made. Just a post in a thread, somewhere. Again, I ask for clear communication.
The event tab in the marketplace should've remained in place, as no end date was given for the tokens:
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/09/23/return-to-archeage-for-an-anniversary-present/

Alphacake
10-13-2016, 12:05 AM
Will someone from Trion please step up and give us one place to look for definitive answers about what is and isn't going to happen with this game.

It is bad enough to be expected to listen to all of the live streams and read all of the posts on the dev tracker when that information is correct, but when you do all of that and the information is incorrect, why bother?

Not the only example, but the most recent... specific questions were asked about the speedboat and being able to get it for login badges... that question was answered. Now stick to your answer. Fix it by next week's patch.

If things are going to keep changing and you really don't know then just say "We only have control over the marketplace and not over anything else in the game. When we get patches, things that change are just as much a surprise to us as they are to you."
They don't want to look stupid. Lol

Alphacake
10-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Hey Cele, I have a problem with you as CM telling the playerbase to grab credits. You're telling the people whom you're supposed to represent, support and inform to spend money. Telling those people to spend money is pushing the bounds of your role, and is a gross manipulation of your influence. Now I know that this was discussed, and even I know that you struggle with this bc you have to face your playerbase each week. So, what the hell, cele. How do you justify this to the community?

I know you won't respond to this, bc you're instructed not to, and I know that you know this is inherently wrong, yet you still do it. So I'm just going to bring this to the attention to the population that is not aware of what is going on. We have a person put in charge of a community and works to gain favor in that community, and then that person is tasked with encouraging that community to spend additional money in hopes that her celebrity and influence will yield the desired effect. Please keep an eye out for this to continue people. Many of us have predicted much of what we have seen happen here, in the past. We told you p2w would become more marked, more severe. See now the push for spending going beyond the cycling menus on the glyph land screen adverts.

Since the speedboat is broken, I'm going to encourage ALL PLAYERS TO REFUSE TO PURCHASE THE $50 AND $100 DOLLAR PACKS UNTIL THE SPEED BOAT IS LOOKED AT AND FIXED, AND ADEQUATE INFO ABOUT THE BOATS ABILITIES IS RELEASED IN ONE PLACE ON THIS FORUM, AS THE PLAYERBASE HAS RIGHTFULLY REQUESTED.

HIT TRION AND XL WHERE THEY CARE THE MOST. LET CELE KNOW THAT HER PRACTICE IS CLEARLY NOTED AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. CELESTRATA IS JUST A PERSON WORKING FOR A COMPANY. SHE PUSHES THEIR AGENDA, AND RECEIVES A PAYCHECK FOR HER SERVICES. DON'T FEED INTO THIS HORRIBLE PRACTICE. IT IS ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE ON BEHALF OF TRION AND XL.

You've shown your clear intentions. You may now close your thread.

Gods Child
10-13-2016, 03:04 AM
Hey Cele, I have a problem with you as CM telling the playerbase to grab credits. You're telling the people whom you're supposed to represent, support and inform to spend money. Telling those people to spend money is pushing the bounds of your role, and is a gross manipulation of your influence. Now I know that this was discussed, and even I know that you struggle with this bc you have to face your playerbase each week. So, what the hell, cele. How do you justify this to the community?

I know you won't respond to this, bc you're instructed not to, and I know that you know this is inherently wrong, yet you still do it. So I'm just going to bring this to the attention to the population that is not aware of what is going on. We have a person put in charge of a community and works to gain favor in that community, and then that person is tasked with encouraging that community to spend additional money in hopes that her celebrity and influence will yield the desired effect. Please keep an eye out for this to continue people. Many of us have predicted much of what we have seen happen here, in the past. We told you p2w would become more marked, more severe. See now the push for spending going beyond the cycling menus on the glyph land screen adverts.

Since the speedboat is broken, I'm going to encourage ALL PLAYERS TO REFUSE TO PURCHASE THE $50 AND $100 DOLLAR PACKS UNTIL THE SPEED BOAT IS LOOKED AT AND FIXED, AND ADEQUATE INFO ABOUT THE BOATS ABILITIES IS RELEASED IN ONE PLACE ON THIS FORUM, AS THE PLAYERBASE HAS RIGHTFULLY REQUESTED.

HIT TRION AND XL WHERE THEY CARE THE MOST. LET CELE KNOW THAT HER PRACTICE IS CLEARLY NOTED AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. CELESTRATA IS JUST A PERSON WORKING FOR A COMPANY. SHE PUSHES THEIR AGENDA, AND RECEIVES A PAYCHECK FOR HER SERVICES. DON'T FEED INTO THIS HORRIBLE PRACTICE. IT IS ABSOLUTELY DEPLORABLE ON BEHALF OF TRION AND XL.

Wait,what?! You mean an employee of a company is trying to get their customers to spend money with that company??!! OMG What has the world come too?!

Seriously dude, get a grip.....

As for the boat: very disappointing.... Un-nerf please.

perceneige
10-13-2016, 04:53 AM
speed? boat...... well a nice pleasure boat, not made for race.....

BabyT
10-13-2016, 05:59 AM
? What are the speeds with the upgrade ticket from marketplace?

Patricq
10-13-2016, 07:24 AM
I guess the same, but it allows you to store 4 packs in it.

bigfishers
10-13-2016, 07:42 AM
It's a speed boat ppl. Not a war boat. Don't see what the big deal is, and before you flam me go through your house and look at how much unless items u have just for the fact it looks cool ��

AJ Big
10-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Looks like most of you have no idea what you're talking about so let me give you some Speedboat facts. These are all based on the upgraded version (Seaskimmer Speedboat.)
The top cruising speed depends on which direction you go.
N/S cruising speed is 13.7m/s
E/W cruising speed is 11.7m/s
Speeds are not affected by passengers and I am assuming are not affected by trade packs either.
Max amount of passengers it can hold is 6. There are only 4 seats however people can hang on to the side rails. If more than 6 people are on the boat, it starts sinking and your cruising speed is only about 1.7m/s.

Boat shows up as a clipper on radar, so if you rename your speedboat to something that doesn't sound speedy there is a good chance people won't be coming after you for packs.

True the speedboat doesn't have great speeds, my divine sail/boost clipper can keep up or even outrun it. However if you get some practice with the speedboat boost options, you can jump over islands with it. So, if you're being chased just jump an island and your pursuer will be forced to go around. Likely giving you the chance to get away.

Also, using the boost correctly can result in your speedboat landing on top of another ship. I landed on a small warship with mine, granted my boat blew up but, the small warship took about 10% damage per tick. Considering the speedboat only takes 10 shatigon's sand to repair, I'd say this is well worth the sacrifice to destroy a warship. Since your ship is destroyed in the process there is no way for the sailors on the warship to get your boat off of the deck so except for desummoning, there is no way to stop the dmg being taken. I have been trying to get someone with an Enoan to let me attempt it and find out how much dmg it does to an Enoan but no luck yet.

My impression of the speedboat is it's a lot of fun, but if your intent is to use it for pirating or running trade packs, you're probably better off with a decent merchant ship which you could acquire for much less than the price of building an upgraded speedboat.

Also, consider there is a good chance that in the future the speedboat will be changed, giving it the ability to have parts switched out or even the speeds increased when enough people ♥♥♥♥♥ and complain.

Dracul
10-13-2016, 11:39 AM
False advertising is the use of misleading, false, or unproven information to advertise products to consumers.
15 U.S. Code 54 - False advertisements
This SPEEDBOAT needs to be fixed. This is just my opinion, but I could be wrong. Have a nice day.

jeebs
10-13-2016, 11:46 AM
4.0 speedboat upgrades hells yeah :D, also haulers i want to put a cannon on my hauler and a lift kit on my timber coupe. Make it happen, please.

Thanks in advance
Jeeebs

ArcheAger
10-13-2016, 11:55 AM
So much grief over this speedboat being slow and useless. IF they had make it any faster like the case for submarine during alpha, you will have another group of players crying foul.

The speedboat may appear slow and useless to many players but it _is_ useful for some other players (at least me). I would not go into detail how useful it is because that will leak some 'trade' secret away to the mass but that 4 storage pack and 4 passenger seat plus 2 other able to hang at the side is _useful_. I was going to craft the alternative until this speedboat come into the picture. Perfect match for my need .. thank you Trion.

ArcheAger
10-13-2016, 12:03 PM

I trying to understand your grief but all I see is you are complaining about p2w. Basically every single word that you pen here is complaining about p2w at the root. Cele has already mentioned that the speedboat is not exclusive to the credit pack, it _can_ be crafted in the "traditional" way. The credit pack is ONLY a promotion that last 2 weeks. After 2 weeks you CANNOT I repeat you CANNOT get the speedboat via credit pack. So why you make a mountain out of a mole hill complaining about a temporary PROMOTION whereby the speedboat is and will be permanently crafted in-game via the "traditional" way.

Every companies has their sale promotion from time to time. It is usual for their employees to help promote the sale (why then is it called promotion sale?). The way you accuse Cele is stretching the matter abit. I think you owe her an overdue apology. The fact that you "threatened" the GM is enough to earn you an account ban. If your account is still not banned at now, the one you need to thank is Cele. Please reflect.

YouKidding
10-13-2016, 04:45 PM
When I saw the news I was like ..."Oh my, this time Trion got me, here my 100 euro"
Thank God I didn't rush to buy it and spent few minutes reading this thread.
SO, the SPEEDboat turns out to be one of the slowest boats in game...typical Trion.

P.S.
Call it "AveragespeedBoat" wouldn't sell much credits I guess.

P.P.S.
Some other mmo publisher just gained my 100 euro

xDaemos
10-13-2016, 06:20 PM
i love how it says grab "SOME" credits... 100$ is a lot of money for an in game item... Sea Skimmer.. Sea Scammer.

Alphacake
10-13-2016, 09:16 PM
lol

mikroman
10-14-2016, 12:50 AM
1200 GS+ high cost materials in game OR pay to get and upgrade it without playing the game. Oh, this is nice idea. I hope all this "events" will end before fresh start server will go online. Drop out the trash to get better game! :D

Lamini
10-14-2016, 05:15 AM
I failed to see the "speed" in the boat.

The situation reminds me of when an update was pushed out that nerfed the fishing boat; every boat got upgrades, but the fishing boat. With my luck, I had only just made the boat 1 week before everything in the water outran it. It wasnt till later the fishing boat also was able to be upgradeable. I hope this "speed" boat sees something similar as I also agree that its purchase is not justifiable beyonds kicks & giggles or cosmetic factors.

reddevil
10-14-2016, 05:43 AM
At least they could have giving the "speed"boat (read slow) the same speedS as an average clipper lol. Most clippers have at least celestial or higher sails and boost. Even my fishing boat is faster with its divine propellant :(

Its really not living up to the name of the boat which ppl associate with it, I dont see any logic in it also bec why the hell they give it an upgrade with 4 trade packs and overall its slower then an average clipper to get at your destination ?! The jump skill is only available on the open sea so pvp area so if the intention was only a pleasure boat why you give that boat trade packs and this limitation to this skill. With these conditions ppl wont really use it on the open sea. Its a boat not a piece of furniture !

They removed the fuel boost from other boats and gave it a free boost and now they add it again at this one and only a 2sec instantly dropping back to 11.7?! I know the car has it too but the average speed of a car is much higher. Its clearly made for the open sea /pvp area also. So at least give the people something for their hard work or real money so they are not only bait at the open sea.

If u got the upgrade ppl standing on top of the boat drop down into the trade pack area even if the compartment is closed... a bug?!

Why does it take dmg like a pet at sea of grave ?!? Its a boat !! Is this a bug?

Im really so sad about this boat, atm mostly a waist of material, gs and / or money
I really hope they will make some changes ....and im not even asking for big ones.

Note, possitive thing is that its available by crafting and not only for real money

Pleasure
10-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Day 3 of Still no answers
greatjob Keep the hard work up
i wish i could get a job like this just dont answer questions being asked but still get payed

Alphacake
10-14-2016, 06:18 PM
Day 3 of Still no answers
greatjob Keep the hard work up
i wish i could get a job like this just dont answer questions being asked but still get payed
Squeeze the players a lil tighter.

Axxo978
10-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Hey Celestrata!
I have dipped in & out of ArcheAge & have been finally looking into getting into the game more.
I just wanted to give my thanks to you & the rest of the staff from Trion for the hard work & good promoting skills!
I am seriously considering picking this up with a $100 credit plan so I can dive right into all the fun without the long wait for grinding this out.
As I don't have all the time in the world and I play various other games as well as being a video software editor / leader of a dance group. This is a perfect credit plan for me!

If possible , Celestrata. Could you please pass on the 411 to the Trion staff about adjusting the speedboats speed?
Also, could you confirm with at least me if changes are to come for the speedboat sometime in the future patches to come?
I would LOVE to help support AA by purchasing the $100 credit pack, but only if I know that the speedboat will get an adjustment from it's current "speed" nerf .
I too also live in Austin,TX by the way! Kudas to a much long awaited winter ;) Ty Celestrata! < 333

Alphacake
10-14-2016, 11:38 PM
What is going on here.

DRAGON
10-15-2016, 01:10 AM
The problem with games like this is that to keep people interested they keep adding things to achieve vertically like more levels and better weapons and by doing so they kill the new players because they will never catch up... So simple stupidity... They could just keep adding things horizontally... Like flying balloons or zepellings or big battle submarines... They could add 6 persons mounts like war mammoths... Or even mini jet planes fighters and bombers... With limmited fuel or amphibious transports... They could add drakes to fly on or all kind of machines of war... They could add rituals to perform with several wizards or even classes...

DRAGON
10-15-2016, 01:20 AM
It would be smarter to take out levels and make the game easier for the beginer... And what about adding races classes and more things to DO! Like flying houses... Flying ilands levitated by magic or alien tech... They could add more land too... Or secret combos to discover by really complicated investigation quests like... Ancient magic... Wich could be learn by investigating ruins and reading legendary books pointing to clues about lost wisdom... Adding this to the game would make its world more alive... They could add quests to become friends to mobs that are usually agressive and add pvp quests involving informers npc saying about some ship being loaded somewhere in case the people loading dont spot the npc spy and kill him...

Astoroth
10-15-2016, 01:28 AM
hi,

its a nice boat but lame duck....got 11,7m.....:mad: why not same speed like car with 3packs possible?

this way u got a 4pack trader vor credits,please make a upgrade like motortool for car so i can minimum 15-16m with packs.... thx

buckeye
10-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Well all the news about the slow speed boat! and it's only as fast as a clipper? well if you look at it as a free gift, free boat don't half to spend Gilda to buy and no wood or leather to put it together witch is a lot of material, its a nice free boat.( O by the way I just bought the 100 pack and waiting on my speed boat)

Zyhrah
10-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Check your account it will be on the page where you can buy items - you "buy" it and then select the character you want to have it.

Ausum
10-15-2016, 09:46 AM
Please give the Speed to my Speedboat.
Other than that. Good job!

Chasun
10-15-2016, 05:04 PM
Well all the news about the slow speed boat! and it's only as fast as a clipper? well if you look at it as a free gift, free boat don't half to spend Gilda to buy and no wood or leather to put it together witch is a lot of material, its a nice free boat.( O by the way I just bought the 100 pack and waiting on my speed boat)

Because if you have a few friends the speed boat is able to move 8 packs (4 on peoples backs and 4 in the holder a clipper cant do that) it shows up on radar as a clipper, and is able to fling boarders off with its R skill. So its fast (with Ezi's I average about 14 E-W and 15 N-S) but not as fast as a clipper or merchant, but it has a few tricks to shake pursuit, and on radar it doesn't seem worthwhile. I've been running packs from solis to solezreed constantly and its insane how easy and fast the trips have been.

The only issue I'm having is in Abyssal the boat takes DMG like a pet and not like a boat.

YouKidding
10-15-2016, 11:45 PM
It seems the speedboat is getting widely used in KR for Kamikaze attacks, and can easily take down other ships jump-ramming them.
SO, be ready...a nerf is coming...., Trion should reduce its INCREDIBLE speed to make it safe for other boats maybe.
lol

ArcheAger
10-16-2016, 05:30 AM
It seems the speedboat is getting widely used in KR for Kamikaze attacks, and can easily take down other ships jump-ramming them.
SO, be ready...a nerf is coming...., Trion should reduce its INCREDIBLE speed to make it safe for other boats maybe.
lol

The torpedo that is the speedboat which can sink a large ship with ease comes as a pleasant surprise. Now that it has become a terror at sea for large ships, large ships will try to avoid a speedboat when sighted. Now if you do trade run on speedboat, and all large ships avoid you, damn, what more do you ask for?

Crasah
10-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Ok enough is enough i recently built a chrome submarine which is slow , it takes damage too when at luscas /abyssal the lights don't show underwater your passenger drowns even with the proper gear equipped on it why do i tell you guys this ? Because your whining for fixes to it already the subs are still broken over a year after being introduced to the game and basically have been swept under the carpet.

On the you tube videos on subs shows the lights working on the sub THEY DONT at all and there is nothing u can put on sub to activate any lights. Also its a mount with pet gear, can upgrade all other pet gear, battle pets, mount gear but on my Sub only thing that can be upgraded is the Tailfin (which needs a part from the P2W shop) and nothing else, which to be fair, is not on, all the gear should be upgrade-able, clippers, merchants, fishing boats, warships can upgrade their stuff so why not a sub? I know i got sidetracked it cost me a lot of gold and these speedboats will go the same way.

END OF RANT FIX MY SUB AND THESE SPEEDBOATS NOW PLEASE !!!

ArcheAger
10-18-2016, 01:59 AM
Ok enough is enough i recently built a chrome submarine which is slow , it takes damage too when at luscas /abyssal the lights don't show underwater your passenger drowns even with the proper gear equipped on it why do i tell you guys this ? Because your whining for fixes to it already the subs are still broken over a year after being introduced to the game and basically have been swept under the carpet.

On the you tube videos on subs shows the lights working on the sub THEY DONT at all and there is nothing u can put on sub to activate any lights. Also its a mount with pet gear, can upgrade all other pet gear, battle pets, mount gear but on my Sub only thing that can be upgraded is the Tailfin (which needs a part from the P2W shop) and nothing else, which to be fair, is not on, all the gear should be upgrade-able, clippers, merchants, fishing boats, warships can upgrade their stuff so why not a sub? I know i got sidetracked it cost me a lot of gold and these speedboats will go the same way.

END OF RANT FIX MY SUB AND THESE SPEEDBOATS NOW PLEASE !!!

I own one of this farking useless submarine too. Totally useless and wasted (brought my alt down to the ocean floor for a family excursion and my alt nearly drown because the oxygen tank don't serve the passenger. WTF). The only time it served me is when I need to pick up my trade pack from way down deep on the ocean floor. Other than that, fark it. It is collecting dust in my bag.

I own this speedboat too. This speedboat is way way way way way more useful and of value compared to the useless submarine. The speedboat is in a different league compared to the submarine. To compare them as such is really ... no comparison to speak.

Celestrata Bloodsong
10-19-2016, 08:54 AM

I... ah... er... whelp. Okay. Let's break this down.

First of all, I post all of our announcements. Every announcement. It could be anything from great news to bad news. I post our announcements here just so people can see them when they come to our forums. But, really, I just double everything that we post to our website, as most of this copy is written with the website in mind. Things in the announcements are less "me speaking directly to you" and more "Celestrata wants to make sure you see the things we post to the website." When it's something I'm personally saying, I usually sign it personally. If it's something we want to say to you official as a team, we sign it with "Sincerely, The ArcheAge Team."

Second, for this type of promotion, we use similar copy each time and just change up a few things. We chose "grab" this time as it was just a different word than what we've used in the past. Previously we've used "pick up", "purchase", "buy", etc. It was just something to make the text a bit fresher than completely re-using the same text each time. And, further more, I've posted a lot of sales here. This most certainly isn't the first one, heh. :)

Finally, yes, I am a person who works for a company and sometimes pushes their "agenda" -- I'm the spokesperson of the company after all, just like I'm your spokesperson in every meeting I'm in. Community Managers coordinate communication both ways because that's our job. When we as a company want to address you guys, either I, or Khrolan, or someone else does so. But at the same time, each and every day, I represent you in all of our meetings, discussions, planning, and changes. When something goes wrong, many times I am the first person to begin knocking on people's doors and getting discussions going or letting people know what's going on.

When it comes to the speedboat, the feedback from the community has been made very clear -- we as a community believe it's not fast enough and may not serve enough of a purpose against other ships in the game. There have been requests made to improve the speedboat, and they have been given to both the greater Trion team and the ArcheAge development team.

Moly
10-19-2016, 09:10 AM
In addition to what Celestrata said, I would like to point out the fact we've got the exact same Speedboat that KR have.
The team quickly answered about the Log-in Badges currency introduction and the Abyssal issue bug.

Now all those remaining are just players' misconception of the speedboat but if you've watched the livestream, forum and reddit you would have known long before that the speedboat had a moderate speed.

What you should be seeing there is that the ArcheAge Team is trying to be as transparent as they can beside the fact XL served it that way.

You should be patient as now producers are back from Korea and might have a word about it during Friday livestream

https://45.media.tumblr.com/2fc6e89a6161a172c451f26ceff95f51/tumblr_nzpeoo7KGR1rc7zl1o3_400.gif

Leern
10-19-2016, 11:03 AM
In addition to what Celestrata said, I would like to point out the fact we've got the exact same Speedboat that KR have.
The team quickly answered about the Log-in Badges currency introduction and the Abyssal issue bug.

Now all those remaining are just players' misconception of the speedboat but if you've watched the livestream, forum and reddit you would have known long before that the speedboat had a moderate speed.

What you should be seeing there is that the ArcheAge Team is trying to be as transparent as they can beside the fact XL served it that way.

You should be patient as now producers are back from Korea and might have a word about it during Friday livestream

https://45.media.tumblr.com/2fc6e89a6161a172c451f26ceff95f51/tumblr_nzpeoo7KGR1rc7zl1o3_400.gif

So we are expected to watch all the livestreams, comb the forums and search a 3rd party site to figure out what is going on in the game?

Moly
10-19-2016, 11:33 AM
So we are expected to watch all the livestreams, comb the forums and search a 3rd party site to figure out what is going on in the game?

Well, yes and more likely much more useful than just to rely on a boat name

Livestream and Forum both are place where ArcheAge Staff do their communication, therefore if you choose to not read or watch anything then you cannot blame them for something they've showed and/or tell

Turambaredolas
10-19-2016, 11:42 AM

Imo that is the better option instead of jumping on a hype train because of one official video that shows no ingame behavior. Especially if that hype costs you 100 bucks/ is one of the more expensive things ingame.

Leern
10-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Imo that is the better option instead of jumping on a hype train because of one official video that shows no ingame behavior. Especially if that hype costs you 100 bucks/ is one of the more expensive things ingame.

My comment was more in general than specific to the speedboat. However, that said, is it is too much to ask for one definitive source for reliable and accurate information. Maybe cover everything in the forums (in the patch notes or somewhere.) I can usually keep track of that through the dev tracker feature, but please don't expect us to wade through the live streams to get some information that will likely be found to be inaccurate later. And why should I even be expected to consider reddit for accurate information when there are official forums is beyond me.

Fuad
10-19-2016, 12:07 PM
I have been looking for a while but can't really find any information regarding this. When is the speedboat aviable for login badges (even if it is the design, i wouldnt mind) and how many will it cost?

If anyone knows the answer with source, that would be really apreciated

Moly
10-19-2016, 12:09 PM
I have been looking for a while but can't really find any information regarding this. When is the speedboat aviable for login badges (even if it is the design, i wouldnt mind) and how many will it cost?

Hey all,

After some discussions on when the boat will be available for login badges, we have confirmed that the non-upgraded version of the speedboat will be available for login badges before next month's major update. It will be added for 6 login badges. So for those of you who were looking forward to getting a version of the boat with login badges, you will be able to.

Leern
10-19-2016, 12:10 PM

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?294830-Celestrata-Bloodsong-So-where-is-the-login-badge-speedboat-design

Dracul
10-19-2016, 01:51 PM
I... ah... er... whelp. Okay. Let's break this down.

First of all, I post all of our announcements. Every announcement. It could be anything from great news to bad news. I post our announcements here just so people can see them when they come to our forums. But, really, I just double everything that we post to our website, as most of this copy is written with the website in mind. Things in the announcements are less "me speaking directly to you" and more "Celestrata wants to make sure you see the things we post to the website." When it's something I'm personally saying, I usually sign it personally. If it's something we want to say to you official as a team, we sign it with "Sincerely, The ArcheAge Team."

Second, for this type of promotion, we use similar copy each time and just change up a few things. We chose "grab" this time as it was just a different word than what we've used in the past. Previously we've used "pick up", "purchase", "buy", etc. It was just something to make the text a bit fresher than completely re-using the same text each time. And, further more, I've posted a lot of sales here. This most certainly isn't the first one, heh. :)

Finally, yes, I am a person who works for a company and sometimes pushes their "agenda" -- I'm the spokesperson of the company after all, just like I'm your spokesperson in every meeting I'm in. Community Managers coordinate communication both ways because that's our job. When we as a company want to address you guys, either I, or Khrolan, or someone else does so. But at the same time, each and every day, I represent you in all of our meetings, discussions, planning, and changes. When something goes wrong, many times I am the first person to begin knocking on people's doors and getting discussions going or letting people know what's going on.

When it comes to the speedboat, the feedback from the community has been made very clear -- we as a community believe it's not fast enough and may not serve enough of a purpose against other ships in the game. There have been requests made to improve the speedboat, and they have been given to both the greater Trion team and the ArcheAge development team.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/54502996.jpg

Thank you for the information.

SuperNoob
11-10-2016, 06:50 AM

Downloaded this picture. Set it as wallpaper.

Very positive picture.
When I have a depression - this positive picture heals.
I bet I will have it for a very lont time if not forever in my collection.
Thank You.

SuperNoob
11-10-2016, 07:05 AM
About speedboat... I was surprised about speed too... however I have figured out that this is the only boat where I feel me 100% safe on the sea...
If someone try to catch me - I just JUMP JUMP JUMP away.... even from Myth clipper / merchant ship

Dualwield
12-10-2016, 03:30 AM
TRION PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A BUG.

So I bought 9 of these packs in total (spent over 900.00 in Oct) to have all my alts equipped with the speed boat, Prior to going to bed i just checked on the 3.0 patch status and came across something very wrong with my accounts, and it better be a damn error. On all my accounts all my codes i purchased or received due to outages ect are gone DID you delete my ♥♥♥♥?????????????????

Did trion Just steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the items I bought. i dont see any mention of this affecting purchases. I am a legacy Player with no intention of playing on fresh start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this posted on the main pages or anything...........

i don't see any mention on reddit/forums ect

Speed off into the sunset on this luxurious new marvel of seafaring technology! Able to hold four trade packs and four passengers along with a powerful, fast engine, this speedboat is ready to make some waves.

graytoni2012
12-10-2016, 05:44 PM
i bought $50 in credits 2days ago will i still get the loyalty pack or is it only for the founders packs?

Wendigo
12-10-2016, 05:48 PM
TRION PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A BUG.

So I bought 9 of these packs in total (spent over 900.00 in Oct) to have all my alts equipped with the speed boat, Prior to going to bed i just checked on the 3.0 patch status and came across something very wrong with my accounts, and it better be a damn error. On all my accounts all my codes i purchased or received due to outages ect are gone DID you delete my ♥♥♥♥?????????????????

Did trion Just steal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the items I bought. i dont see any mention of this affecting purchases. I am a legacy Player with no intention of playing on fresh start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this posted on the main pages or anything...........

i don't see any mention on reddit/forums ect

im hate to tell you this, but apparently there was some tiny warning on the FB page saying all stored and unused codes on our account would be deleted. there was about 3 hours warning, many of us like me only lost the turkey compensation (saving my for dwarf) but its gone and all stored codes are gone...

this is gonna be the scandal i think...

something about making fresh start clean or fair or somthing...

Alphacake
12-11-2016, 12:37 AM
lol squeeze the players a little tighter.

Obni
12-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Removing already codes from already established accounts makes no sense. I just read over this and realized that all the 0 cost items on my accounts are all gone.

DELPHI
12-11-2016, 04:56 AM
"really, I just double everything that we post to our website, as most of this copy is written with the website in mind."

I dunno, being as your a spokesperson and all perhaps you could think about where your work will be published and then change the copy according to that location?

Its very clear from your website Trion barely even proof read copy before its published... as can be seen from the pre revleation bonus code copy, which wasnt even copy and pasted correctly.

If you want someone to actually proof your copy I am available at a reduced fee.

Madness4Life
12-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Removing already codes from already established accounts makes no sense. I just read over this and realized that all the 0 cost items on my accounts are all gone.

All mine are gone too! Makes no sense. My account can't even play on Fresh Start... WTF is going on. Am I being punished for not having Facebook? I feel cheated... I put in a ticket, but after reading this thread I feel like I know what the automated response will say :( :( :( :(

Djinnrau
12-11-2016, 09:24 AM
"really, I just double everything that we post to our website, as most of this copy is written with the website in mind."

I dunno, being as your a spokesperson and all perhaps you could think about where your work will be published and then change the copy according to that location?

Its very clear from your website Trion barely even proof read copy before its published... as can be seen from the pre revleation bonus code copy, which wasnt even copy and pasted correctly.

If you want someone to actually proof your copy I am available at a reduced fee.

You are terrible at writing. You should have proof read your post before hitting that submit button.

Javasack
12-22-2016, 04:14 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/10/OctoberCredit_blog.jpg

Thinking about getting yourself some credits? Make sure to do it before October 24 to receive a few special gifts!

The below gifts can only be claimed once per account multiple purchases of credit packs will not award the corresponding special gift multiple times!

Buy $50 in credits and receive a bonus 100 loyalty pack!

For those purchasing $50 credit packs, your bonus will be a gift of 100 loyalty tokens! Use this grant of tokens to grab something special from our Loyalty Token store, like a new mount, costume, or pet!

Please have customer service respond to my thread and refund my money.

Vaneria
12-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Yea of course you wait with it a few days after everyone has already spent money on the cashshop. Ive never seen such a horrible Publisher in 15 years

ThePoodle
12-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Is the promotion still available? Not sure if they end it at midnight etc today.

Doncella
12-25-2016, 02:00 AM
Is the promotion still available? Not sure if they end it at midnight etc today.

You're two months too late ;o