PDA

View Full Version : 2+ toons

Jester08
08-20-2014, 12:12 PM
First, I understand that one toon can become all 120 possible classes given time.

I wanted to know if someone enjoyed the leveling experience and created more than one toon, would there be more benefit to picking the same race or faction or creating the most distance as possible? Can toons on one account benefit from each other's farms/homes? Can you mail across factions?

I haven't gotten into the tradeskills or packs yet and I was wondering if there is some synergy to be taken advantage of as far as maybe moving a pack from one farm to another on the same continent verse separate continents or being able to share resources for crafting.

I would only have two toons max so not looking for the create 8 toons cheats.

Kiyoko
08-20-2014, 02:15 PM
On a different game that had the ability to "reclass", generally all you're really doing is changing the class at will. So get to level 50, then pick 3 new skillsets (basically going back to level 10) and start re-leveling those again. So at the end you can then combine 3 of the 6 skillsets that have been leveled.

I'm not sure how the game calculates changing classes, but if you're a completionist, you could change your class at any time
http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Classes

Eventually get all the skillsets leveled and you can then switch between them at any time at Nui. This assumes you have appropriate gear for the class.

Lazy Ringo
08-20-2014, 02:36 PM
From a pure class view, yeah, you can, given time and determination, level up every class.

But yes, all of the characters on an account can use each others farms, so it would be useful to have a few just from a land-grab standpoint (just remember that taxes are also shared by characters, so they can get pretty high the more buildings/farms you have.)

Also, having a couple of toons allows you have one that can just hang out and craft, farm and do things like that, while your "adventure" toon adventures and banks labor (also shared across your account.)

What I see as more likely to occur, is for people to have one paid account, and then a number of free accounts that they can switch between to funnel resources to the main.

Not sure about cross faction mail, but the auction house spans servers, so the tech is certainly in place for such a thing.

Jester08
08-21-2014, 10:59 AM
From a pure class view, yeah, you can, given time and determination, level up every class.

But yes, all of the characters on an account can use each others farms, so it would be useful to have a few just from a land-grab standpoint (just remember that taxes are also shared by characters, so they can get pretty high the more buildings/farms you have.)

Also, having a couple of toons allows you have one that can just hang out and craft, farm and do things like that, while your "adventure" toon adventures and banks labor (also shared across your account.)

What I see as more likely to occur, is for people to have one paid account, and then a number of free accounts that they can switch between to funnel resources to the main.

Not sure about cross faction mail, but the auction house spans servers, so the tech is certainly in place for such a thing.

I forgot about F2P accounts. Any benefit to creating a second toon on a different free account? I dabble, but I'm not heavy into crafting not sure I would benefit from a little extra Labor.

Careby
08-21-2014, 02:47 PM
I have successfully mailed items between characters of different factions.

I have read they can be in the same family, but I haven't tried that.

AjuntaPall316
08-21-2014, 09:54 PM
Yes, all of your chars can use your farms and houses even if set to Private status. Which is the only nice thing to come from limiting the number of chars you can create, not everyone is going to have 4 large farms and 3 small ones, on their server...

Crafting takes so much time to level, and labor points are shared between all of them, you really don't want to spend too much time switching between alts... but I know I plan on having 3 chars total, a mage, archer, and melee. Which one will become my main and favorite... I'm still working on that.

At least 1 alt will be useful, especially if you want to become a pirate... you can set up a nice farm before you become a pirate and then have a lower level alt "manage" your affairs while you pillage and plunder safely away from the continent you can no longer go to. That alt can then mail yourself supplies, mats, etc. You can mail across factions.