PDA

View Full Version : Magic Guard Officer (Sorcery | Necromancy | Protection) [Guide]

Toon
04-17-2014, 08:25 AM
Magic Guard Officer is very interesting and powerful class. It's an AOE mage who wears shield and heavy armor. Perfect choice for mass PvP and sieges.

Pros:

Decent AOE damage.
Hight survivability against melee and ranged classes.
Good in group PvP and very usefull in mass PvP.

Cons:

Weak agains pure casters.
Low single target DPS.

Spec:

50lvl PvP -- http://goo.gl/rL3Jyv
Leveling -- http://goo.gl/OtGyfB

Necromancy. Greate DPS skill tree.

Hell Spears is a must have AOE damage spell with a mass stun effect. Helps us to keep enemies locked.
Raven is awesome agains melee classes. Descreases melee attacks accuracy by 40%
Scream of Silence is our AOE counterspell.

Almos all damage passives in this skill tree triggers when you take damage. It's fine. Mage Guard has nice block chance, armor and big pool of HP.

Sorcery. Lets get our main damage skills.

Icefield, Chainlightning, Firewall are all instant cast AOE spells with great combo potential.
Meteor -- huge damage, very usefull in mass PVP.

Ofcourse we need some damage passives from this skill tree.

Protection. All our survivability comes from this tree.

Vitality -- nice HP self buff.
Force field -- you can catch enemies into a trap or block any narrow passage. Very usefull if you know what to do :)
Blockade -- turn it on and forget about all incoming ranged and melee damage! Also pre
Invictible -- if you are among the enemies and your damage and CC spells are on cooldown, use Invictible!
Hammer of Wrath -- nice spell against casters or static targets.

Arrowblockade -- must have passive. Get it and forget about archers :D

Combat:

Don't forget to buff yourself with Vitality, Barrier.
Right before fight use Curse of Death.
Use Blockade against melee classes.

Spell Combos:

Hell Spears --> Chainlightning --> Raven/Scream of Silence --> Firewall --> Icefield

You will paralyse enemies then cast Chainlightning with 30% dmg bonus. Paralyse will expire so you should lower melee accuracy or silence casters around you. After that use Firewall for burning debuff and cast Icefield with 26% dmg bonus. All spells are instant cast so you can do decent AOE damage.

After this combo use Invictible and wait for healing or cooldowns :) or use Energyarrow to finish survivers.

Equipment:

Heavy armor set with intellect and stamina.
One handed staff and shield.
Jewelery with magic protection.
Cloak with 7% life regain of damage as health.

P.S.: This class showed great potencial during Korean CBT and Russian OBT. Still waiting for alpha access :D

Striefer
04-17-2014, 09:57 AM
I've been looking for this build, I'll be following this thread. Thanks a lot, it looks fun!

Toph
04-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Last skill in occultism/necro is really good and worth getting if you are going to play in close combat.

jump on enemies use you wall with with, its really good.
then you group can glide in and help.

Toon
04-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Last skill in occultism/necro is really good and worth getting if you are going to play in close combat.

jump on enemies use you wall with with, its really good.
then you group can glide in and help.

Tank should cast it. Anyway every spec need to be adjusted for your party/raid group.

Tekle
04-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Played this class for long time, than changed protection to will. So i had same damage or ever better if u use shield in protection(in will u use 2 handed staff) + good mdef from will skills + not bad universal 10% damage absorbtion (it = +1000 pdef and mdef) + nice moving skills + good control skill for casting meteor.

Ur class have a lot problems fighting mages and mages are about 50% of players... Yes great with p.attak classes but it half of game only. Think about it.

Btw ur skill combination in sorcery and necromancy isnt so good but it ur choice of course.

Toph
04-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Tank should cast it. Anyway every spec need to be adjusted for your party/raid group.

you have "tanks" go in and you follow up with it.

Toon
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Ur class have a lot problems fighting mages and mages are about 50% of players... Yes great with p.attak classes but it half of game only. Think about it.

Yup, pure burst mages are pain. But it's only untill you get magic protection Jewelery. On Korean servers i had about 40% pdef, 37% m.def and more than 11k HP.
Every class has its cons. Necro/Sorc/Will is not so good against archers and burst melee classes.
If you lack mdef, you can always try cloth armor (int+stam) with shield and one handed staff. This way you will get not bad mdef and less pdef, but you'll keep nice block chance vs melee and archers.

Toon
04-17-2014, 10:58 AM
you have "tanks" go in and you follow up with it.

Mage Guard is DPS class. You cant stay long among the enemies and channel Vengeful Spirit. But tank (Necro/Prot/Will) will do it easily, while you cast AOE combo.

BTW Mage Guard works like a charm with Necro/Prot/Will tank.

Tekle
04-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Every class has its cons. Necro/Sorc/Will is not so good against archers and burst melee classes.

Why? Use heavy armor and u will be good with any damage dealers cause it universal. It have about 4k pdef (40% p.damage absorbtion) + about 20% universal damage absorbtion from will skills and items = 60% p.damage absorbtion and same m.damage absorbtion while mdef skill from will active. Archers and melee classes cant gank u cause u will stay alive, than u start ur combo and slay them. Archers are easy - cant slay u fast and cant run cause u have skills from will - blink and energy wave So u can control them and slay.

Cloth + shield + protection do not protect u from behind attacks. And any melee dps class will try to do so - they like it. So u stay in low armor and without shield block = death.

Jewellery cant help a lot with mdef - in about 10-15% m.damage absorbtion.

Toon
04-17-2014, 12:14 PM
Use heavy armor and u will be good with any damage dealers cause it universal.

Shiled + Prot skill tree == permanent extra 36% block of ranged attacks.
Shiled + Prot skill tree == extra 38% block of melee attacks for 20s every 40s.

20% universal damage absorbtion from will skills

From what skills?

You prefer Necro/Sorc/Will and that's fine. I prefer Necro/Sorc/Prot.
You don't have probs with casters, ranged and melee? Me too.
As i said i had about 40% pdef, 37% m.def and more than 11k HP on korean servers. It's really more than enough.
In mPvP Mage Guard is like a fish in the water. In combination with Necro/Prot/Will tank you can annihilate people.

Josh the Wizard
04-17-2014, 12:20 PM
This is all about me, I've been playing this Build since Korea and damn I still am in love with it. 10/10 KOR/RUS and soon Alpha EU/US! MGO will wreck! :D

Tekle
04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Shiled + Prot skill tree == permanent extra 36% block of ranged attacks.
Shiled + Prot skill tree == extra 38% block of melee attacks for 20s every 40s.

So what? Do not forget u cant block attacks from behind - it impossible by game mechanics. If u knew it.
Than if u use light armor u easy target for melee dps, shield and skills for shield would not help.

From what skills?

Absorbtion of power + pain killer = 10 percents
+ u have level 50 cloak doing same as Absorbtion of power = +7%
And 3 percents from other items dont remember names i had it 20% at all
If i remember right u have enchant for it by pvp points for body item and something else...

You don't have probs with casters, ranged and melee? Me too.

If u do not want to think - ur problem.
U wrote u have problems vs mages.
Why do u think i changed skill tree? I had same problem.
And solved it.

play ur game. :)

Toon
04-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Absorbtion of power + pain killer = 10 percents

Absorbtion of power -- regain 7% of taken damage as life. It's not the same as absorbation at all. 7% cloak is must have anyway for both classes. I don't know english name for this cloak :( need alpha :)
Painkiller -- 3% absorbation of any damage.

If i remember right u have enchant for it by pvp points for body item and something else

It's -2% incoming damage for chest. I don't know english name for this ench :( need alpha :)

So it's -5% incoming damage and 14% of taken damage as life.
GMO has -2% incoming damage and 7% of taken damage as life. Plus huge amount of block.

So what? Do not forget u cant block attacks from behind - it impossible by game mechanics. If u knew it.

You will survive melee stunlock anyway. And after that you will have about 20-35% HP and more than 40% block.
Melee can easily stunlock you only from stealth ambush attack. Otherwise you can pre-cast Invictible to absorb all melee or burs mage combos.

U wrote u have problems vs mages.

I just need more attention fighting mages, because 30%+ mdef and pre-cast Invictible is the only defence from them.
Skilled sorc/necro/art or sorc/fin/art can kill anyone non-tank class from stealth. That's why they were nerfed in 1.0

If u do not want to think - ur problem.

Ive played about a year on Korean servers. Believe me, i don't have probs with thinking ^^

Tekle
04-17-2014, 01:10 PM
It's not the same as absorbation at all.

It same all the time except last shot when u die.
And i know everyone can use cloack - i told u how u can have 60% p.+m.damage absorbtion so be universal vs any dd class.
Both mages , melee and archers.

You will survive melee stunlock anyway

Not if u in light armor. And it was ur idea,

Melee can easily stunlock you only from stealth ambush attack. You can pre-cast Invictible to absorb all melee or burs mage combos.

Player who attack u see what u doing if he isnt stupid - this spell have visible effect + buff icon. He will stop attack and wait. Btw he can enter stealth again. And if u did not knew melee dd classes can stunlock u without stealth and ambush - they are doing it by some combos in warfare + finesse. + there are those who have necromancy for spears and silence.

I just need more attention fighting mages, because 30%+ mdef and pre-cast Invictible is the only defence from them.

It not just "more attention" - dont forget i played this class too. :)
It real problem. U are weak while fighting any mage cause have not protection and they have it against u.

Skilled sorc/necro/art or sorc/fin/art can kill anyone non-tank class from stealth.

Game isnt only attacks from stealth and u can slay them too if u have good control skills ever if they started first, But they need to farm mobs or move using mounts so easy enough to slay them too.

Toon
04-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Not if u in light armor. And it was ur idea,

I'm talking abou GMO in heavy armor with shield... Or you want me to explain you how to act in any versions of this build? :D

It same all the time except last shot when u die.

Healing is not an absorbation. As paralyze is not a stun.

Player who attack u see what u doing if he isnt stupid - this spell have visible effect + buff icon. He will stop attack and wait. Btw he can enter stealth again. And if u did not knew melee dd classes can stunlock u without stealth and ambush - they are doing it by some combos in warfare + finesse. + there are those who have necromancy for spears and silence.

OMG melee and mage burst classes use killing-combos. Just pre-cast Invictible 2s before you'll be attacked. Survive fist stuns or instant FB combo. And then attack back.
Don't wait 12s of Invictible. Just survive first enemy spells (it'll be stuns).

PGame isnt only attacks from stealth and u can slay them too if u have good control skills ever if they started first, But they need to farm mobs or move using mounts so easy enough to slay them too.

99% of solo ganking burst classes in this game use stealth. This is the most dangerous classes in solo PvP. And they are easy to kill in mid and mass PvP.
In pre 1.0 first attack is a huge advantage. You can kill almost any class if you attack first from behind or from stealth or using glider drop.

U are weak while fighting any mage cause have not protection and they have it against u.

And you are weak against archers and melee. Armor is your only def against them.

Tekle
04-17-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm talking abou GMO in heavy armor with shield.

First u advice me to use light armor with ur build, than start speaking about heavy. U never know ur enemy so u need to select one and use it. What are u doing, if attacked by mage start to change items for light and if archer - change it again for heavy???

Healing is not an absorbation. As paralyze is not a stun.

It juist words.. In game reality it the same.

Just pre-cast Invictible 2s before you'll be attacked.

50% times u ganked from behind and have not time for ur 2 sec. And u think if u cast first than enemy will use all skills on u??? is he idiot? He can use one skill or 2 maximum, than he see what are u doing and stop.

In pre 1.0 first attack is a huge advantage. You can kill almost any class if you attack first from behind or from stealth or using glider drop.

No. Class i told u survive most of such attacks. I did this class for it and it works.

And you are weak against archers and melee. Armor is your only def against them.

60% damage reduction u call weak??? It more than enough to win.

Forget it.Play what u want. I wasting my time.

Toon
04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
First u advice me to use light armor with ur build, than start speaking about heavy. U never know ur enemy so u need to select one and use it. What are u doing, if attacked by mage start to change items for light and if archer - change it again for heavy???

If you want more mdef and damage use cloth. Default gear is heavy. So hard to understand?

It juist words.. In game reality it the same.

Different mechanics.

No. Class i told u survive most of such attacks. I did this class for it and it works.

Good for you.

50% times u ganked from behind and have not time for ur 2 sec. And u think if u cast first than anemy will use all skills on u??? is he idiot? He can use one skill or 2 maximum, than he see what are u doing and stop.

Play the game. Do more PvP. If Necr/Sorc/Fin is coming to you without stealth, he will cast Hell Spears first. You can pre-cast Invictible before it happen. Just because you know spell rotation of your enemy. Ofcourse it's not 100% solution.
It's not a stories ot theorycrafting. It's my real PvP experience on RU an KR servers.

Forget it.Play what u want. I wasting my time.

Yes you are. I do not understand what you're trying to prove? This topic is mini guide for GMO class.
Go and start your own holy war Necr/Sorc/Prot vs Necr/Sorc/Will

Mage Guard is strong AOE class. It's a fact. This statement was proved by the Koreans long time ago.
If don't know how to play this class or you don't like it -- just play what you prefer.

FreeEarl
04-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Looking forward to trying this out! {:

Halcyon
04-17-2014, 02:40 PM
Hammer of Wrath -- nice spell against casters or static targets.

This statement makes me extremely skeptical of your build. It seems to me that you haven't actually played in game, because if you had, you would know that this skill misses a lot even for stationery targets. Maybe ok for mages trying to nail you with lightning anger, but I think the sleep skill in will is better for that.

All of that being said, thank you for this piece of theorycrafting. I do like the concept of a tanky AoE spellcaster :)

Toon
04-17-2014, 02:48 PM
This statement makes me extremely skeptical of your build. It seems to me that you haven't actually played in game, because if you had, you would know that this skill misses a lot even for stationery targets. Maybe ok for mages trying to nail you with lightning anger, but I think the sleep skill in will is better for that.

All of that being said, thank you for this piece of theorycrafting. I do like the concept of a tanky AoE spellcaster :)

Hammer has a strange ground target mechanic, but never miss on static targest. Use it on mages who cast lightningstrike or any other long casts. Yes, it's very situational.
Usefull in small group PvP. It sucks with moving targets.

Just google Death / Fort / Magic video to see this class in action.