View Full Version : Soulbow Help Please

ELEX
10-27-2016, 01:22 AM
Thinking about trying Soulbow:

Could someone post:

(a) a good build
(b) good gear
(c) good strategy

for this build? or any combination of (a)-(c) would be GREATLY appreciated :)

I need an archer build that is good for someone with ~5k gs

thank you,
Elex

Turambaredolas
10-27-2016, 03:26 AM
This answer will not help in any way:

Wow, I never heard of that class. Didn't even know it existed until I saw this post.

Fangorn
10-27-2016, 05:51 AM
Thinking about trying Soulbow:

Could someone post:

(a) a good build
(b) good gear
(c) good strategy

for this build? or any combination of (a)-(c) would be GREATLY appreciated :)

I need an archer build that is good for someone with ~5k gs

thank you,
Elex

Just don't do it. If you want to play archer with Vitalism go for Druid or maybe Ranger.
If you want to use witchcraft go for Trickser, Archon or Arcane Hunter.
But I would recommend to play one of the common classes between Archers (they aren't common for no reason^^): Primeval (highest DPS + mobility, but squishy), Bastion (low dps, mobility and very tanky), Stone Arrow (medium dps, tanky) or Druid (low dps, tanky af + selfheal).
For gear you should always take an Obsidian Shortspear T4 (agi version) or higher for feral aura + obsidian dagger or obsidian shield depends if you have defense in ur build.
Bow is minimum Ayanad Divine or Epic T6.
Rest of your gear like Armor, Juwelery etc is a thing of taste.

P.s. Go to the Archers Unite thread there are many discussions about gear and stuff.
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?216418-Archers-Unite

Scrubcake
10-27-2016, 02:24 PM
Soulbow is library mob grind build IMO. Can even solo some of the mini bosses if you have decent gear, otherwise its not that good for anything else.

I use this though for soloing library dailies and doing some of the mini bosses and corner reading room.

http://earlygame.net/archeage/builder?r=true#6.10.2/87BAtvG1vbhj

Witchcraft pet does slow which combos with endless arrows for more dmg

And i use another pet, polar bear/hellhound ect ect, sometimes blackscale pet to do poison to also help endless arows dmg.

AOE fear and Dahutas to help control adds or mobs.

Never run out of MP, heal yourself, and, keep decent dmg/defense.

Cohiba
10-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Soulbow is a spec that is made to maximize your sustain of health and mana, as scrubcake already said.
It's most commonly used for solo farming dungeons (like GHA) or doing library.

Due to the COMPLETE lack of mobility and the low range of witchcraft skills (melee - 20m), soulbow is not a good option in PvP.
Vitalism requires one of these situations to be useful in PvP.
a) you are not the target and have time to cast heals from the backline
b) you have auramancy and can therefore heavily reduce/remove cooldowns and cast times on your skills with thwart and conversion shield, meaning you can heal midfight
c) you are extremely tanky (for example with defense) and have no magic damage or heavy CC to fear, meaning you can outlast your enemy and gradually heal up in good oportunities

for option a you play a pure healer, option B means you play something like oracle (arch aura vit)
and option c is basically druid when fighting lower geared players with little to no witchcraft/occultism/sorcery (arch def vit)

If you want to play witchcraft archer specs, there is arcane hunter (arch witch aura) which is a pure mage counter, preventing sleep and stun etc plus interrupting mage combos and setting up your own (bubble conc, sleep snipe).
Another decent one is trickster (arch shadow witch) which is a super strong ganker spec but has almost ZERO defenses and is therefore very risky and unreliable (you don't have 100% magic accuracy.. but great combos that are hard to get out of and stealth+mobility) This class has amazing outplay potential in smallscale, but requires amazing damage so you can 1 combo your opponent.
Last one is Archon (arch def witch). This is a super defensive spec which is mainly for defending ships and the likes. It offers lots of options of dealing with people who jump you, but has no escaping or chasing (mobility) which means you will have a hard time in regular pvp. Most people will either chase you down if they are stronger.. or just run away or stealth away if they are weaker. You can even get kited by mages in this spec, since your range and speed is pretty bad... But great for defending a spot against melees!

summary:
Take a pick out of those above and maybe we can help you more (for pvp builds)
soulbow is absolutely useless in PvP i'm afraid, you will not get the time to use your heals (you can't escape to heal, can't speed up casts and can't survive much)
and the witchcraft is all pretty much low range skills or have a cast time, meaning you will get jumped or interrupted frequently.