PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: Unintended change in the November Hero Election Schedule

Celestrata Bloodsong
11-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Greetings Adventurers,

While the Hero Election normally takes place on the first Thursday of this month, we've been made aware of a bug that will affect this month's Hero election schedule in all regions of ArcheAge. We apologize for the change and the short notice, but this month's election schedule will be as follows:

Hero Ranking Period: September 29th to November 1st
Candidate Withdrawal: Tuesday, November 1st
Election Period: Wednesday, November 2nd - Thursday, November 3rd
Hero Term: Friday, November 4th - Sunday, December 4th

This bug will not affect December's election period, and that period will proceed normally with our standard schedule. Thanks for your understanding!

Sincerely,
The ArcheAge Team

Jeremiah179
11-01-2016, 10:52 AM
I found this bug as I was collecting my last leadership for the month so that I could vote. I looked at the hero page to see if I had broken 200, and instead saw that the leadership board was reset.

Thank you for acknowledging this as a bug. I guess I lose out on a couple voter boxes, and will not have the ability to vote...

It would be cool if we could see the % each hero received to be elected not showing actual votes, this would give players information on how close the different seats are on their server and make for more excitement during campaigning and voting.

Blayze
11-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Odd but it allowed me to vote today.

Jeremiah179
11-01-2016, 05:23 PM
After reset? Because that would be normal. The (next) day starts at the evening reset.

Blayze
11-01-2016, 05:34 PM
Yes! That makes sense.

Shizu
11-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Wait a second...
You are aware of this bug and that it's not intended, but you're not going to compensate people, who lose a LOT of gold because of it??
Does anyone of you at Trion game actually play this game and know what a ridiculous amount of time you have to invest into being a hero?
How much especially pirates struggle to get the 4000 leadership reward?
This is beyond asking for our "understanding".
Are you expecting us now to just swallow this "bugs" unfortunate effects and go on with tryharding another month, hoping that another bug won't screw us over?

Dorko
11-03-2016, 04:02 PM
I lost a lot of gold plus the hero gem because of this
http://i.imgur.com/LRQuYHA.jpg
This was taken after reset Nov 1st showing that I would have made the 4000 no problem. This is the response I got from the support ticket saying they dont give a damn about the work for hero's.

GM Jynnx Tuesday at 18:13
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request as it appears this is something development is aware of as outlined here: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?296675-Announcement-Unintended-change-in-the-November-Hero-Election-Schedule

I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge.

Your reference number for this ticket is 736691.

Sincerely,

GM Jynnx

Trion Worlds Inc

I was asking for them to switch out the hero box I was getting in the mail with the correct one to fix the problem. I have clear screenshots showing I would have hit the mark no problem if it wasn'f for this bug

GaherisAhankr
11-04-2016, 02:59 AM
What does that mean for the hero of this month (November)

In the mail we received it's write : Active period : 4.11 - 4.12
And in the candidate ranking it's : 31.10 - 30.11

(that's my 1st time hero so i prefer to ask :D)

So until when can we do the 4k points thi smonth ? the 4.12 or the 30.11 ?

Charleene
11-09-2016, 12:57 AM
Yep, this effected me. I was in the same boat as Dorko. I hit that 4k mark by the date that it SHOULD have ended by. But because of the bug it ended early and I didnt get credit for the 4k.

I also contacted customer support and was told tough cookies, too bad, try again next time. Sucks when their "unintended bug" causes me to lose 5k and a helm gem that can only be obtained from reaching the 4k mark.

Wonder how many times their "unintended bugs" have taken stuff from people over the years and they have refused to make it right....