PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Economy

Capt Omelette
04-17-2014, 02:30 PM
i heard that the ArcheAge economy is going to be a freemarket player driven one. But how is this going to work? Are there going to be no price sets on items and stuff? Is it going to be centralized like in Raiderz, C9, and Dragon nest where the whole market is in one place or is it going to be travelling merchant style with everybody having individual shops like maplestory?

Shamo
04-17-2014, 02:37 PM
what do you mean, it has an auction house, demand and supply.

kiukiu
04-17-2014, 02:44 PM
at the start of the server, stack of wood costs 20-30, after a month 5-7
after a month raw wood, skin, silk, iron ore gonna cost more than processed wood, silk, leather, iron ingot.
never saw rare pepper drop below 7g, needed to finish agriculture quest for set hat.
rare clover gonna cost ~4g always, rare rice gonna be 4g aswell
If you take LP potion and divide it into 500 and evaluate how much 1LP costs, then check how much you spend for each profession and how much profit make from those harvested goods, you will understand that no profession brings profit. Only brings profit when leveled, to reduce LP cost, or getting rare materials and you get profit from natural LP regeneration that comes for free.

Furgas
04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Players cannot currently set up shops to sell items in a style like Knight Online. As it is now, basically you convert your Labor Points into money. Some ways require more work and give a higher profit/LP, others require little work, and might get a lower revenue per LP. But basically, you are limited by the amount of LP you regenerate over time for all production activities. For opening money bags that drop from mobs and packed items that drop in the northern continent you also need LP.

I think the Labor Points need to be carefully considered though by the devs. They have a function of making an economy and world where not everyone can max out everything in a few days, and people actually have good incentive to be a crafter in a certain profession specialization, rather than just upping everything. However when players feel too limited in what they can do by this, that counters the sandboxy nature of the game and takes that very important freedom away.

Running out of LP and not being able to convert your materials into trade packs or turn them in at the other side of the ocean is certainly not a fun experience. Likewise when you spend 1200 LP for making a tradeship worth of packs, then getting robbed and all of them being stolen.

BlackCobalt
04-17-2014, 03:55 PM
How many character slots per account and can you run your main and a few alts from 1 account

Capt Omelette
04-17-2014, 04:49 PM
How many character slots per account and can you run your main and a few alts from 1 account
live stream said that there isnt a set number of alts you can have for one account its to be announced

Darth Futuza
04-17-2014, 05:14 PM
live stream said that there isnt a set number of alts you can have for one account its to be announced
Currently, however, for alpha it is 4. Likely to be changed though.

iwearsuits
04-17-2014, 05:19 PM
Good question about central auction house or server based auction house, I'd like to know this too.

Zenidiller
04-18-2014, 01:48 AM
I would like it if there where multiple trade posts/auction houses that were not linked, some big some small, it would be a content generator among players. Raiding shipments of items between these trade posts, playing the market from trade post to trade post, profit margins on items would be different region to region. It would also be cool if there where buy orders in the game not just sell, Helps stabilize the price of an item. Also makes playing the market fun for those who wish too and those who just want to sell something for quick cash can to the buy order. So I guess regional trade posts. Those player stands in other MMOs are annoying having to go vender to vender just to not get ripped off. While a regional trade post for that local area you can tell at a glace who has the best deal either selling or buying items. Also guilds having their own trade post / auction house in their castles in the end game would be cool.

Laxus
04-18-2014, 05:59 AM
what do you mean, it has an auction house, demand and supply.

Theres more to an economy than Demand and supply. It wont be a complete free-market player driven economy. It might have aspects of it, but in overall regards it wont. Unless the gamje has a system in which it alters NPC shops item prices in accordance to demand, reasources, competition etc etc. 1 of the 4 subjects i study is economics, so i personally cant wait to put some of my knowledge to use! Should be fun.

SilentPrayers
04-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Whoa this is extremely informative for people who want to be good at the market :o

Capt Omelette
04-18-2014, 03:20 PM
This is awesome
Thanks for all the info guys
Yah i want it to be a shipment based thing too
which is what im assuming because AA has mentioned caravans
we'll just have to wait and see