PDA

View Full Version : Good viable caster class in ArcheAge

Diigii
12-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Hi there! I'm planning on playing ArcheAge again once the Fresh Servers are going live on the 10th of December. I'm still deciding what class I want to play. At the launch of ArcheAge I started playing the Daggerspell class. I thought the Daggerspall class was pretty neat, there was only one main thing that I disliked about the Daggerspell class and that was the mana usage. If I pulled 3 mobs after each other I had to sit down to drink some mana.

So I'm looking for a decent (or rather good) caster class that can control the mana usage much better than the Daggerspell class. I'm probably going to focus on PvE first, and probably later on PvP. But if someone would fight me in one of the zones, I probably won't turn my back on him :).

And I'm not sure which race I want to play, haven't seen any of the new races yet. I will probably decide this once I start playing on the 10th.

Meed
12-06-2016, 08:48 AM
Enigmatist - Mobility
Daggerspell - CC
Demonologist - PvE AoE Farm
Revenant - AoE PvP
Spellsong/Spellsinger - High burst

Any class with witchcraft used to be godly for pve farming due to the 8th passive for mana regen, it got changed this patch, its still useful but not as much, now its more reliable to use cheap soups from the vendor as food/soups got buffed.

FTR
12-06-2016, 10:15 AM
And what are recommneded weapons for each of those? They all use 2handed am I right?

Or scepter and dagger?

Meed
12-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Its down to preference, but don't choose your weapon type around pve farming.
Get a plate set for aoe farming and it makes no difference which weapon you have.

Scepter allows you to play more roles/builds/classes.
Staff has more damage.

All of the classes work with both weapon types, although things like enig/dagger/spellsong are argueably alot worse if you only play with shield, since you miss out on alot of magic attack, lower attack speed (gcd from dual wield buff) and crit damage (crit gems from offhand)

Diigii
12-06-2016, 01:44 PM
I think I used to play Daggerspell with a staff. I actually never considered to play with a Scepter. I know my damage was pretty sick.
My first pick would probably be a Enigmatist or a Daggerspell class.