PDA

View Full Version : IP block for Russian? Trion is that true?

BANGUber
03-22-2014, 05:19 AM
I have a next qeustion! I see and read this Thread Click (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?275-Potential-IP-block-for-russian-players) i see this post on my Thread Click (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?271-Who-don-t-play-on-maill.ru-and-still-waiting-NA-or-EU-AA/page2)
I hope the EU server wont block Russian IP, but I kind of think they might. Anyway I think you can find a way around it.

I haven't tried the RU version, mainly because I'm too busy.
So mb Trion's Community answer for other Russian players and me. Do we still worried about block RU IP? Or you think only Russian players hackers or ♥♥♥♥♥, it's a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, if Russian community don't stop bot's and haks atack, i think Trion's get ready for this atack on EU or NA and stop it and don't block RU IP, or NA and EU realy want closed doors for RU. Mmm?

Tarre
03-22-2014, 05:22 AM
No need to post third thread with same question

Yume
03-22-2014, 05:26 AM
As far as i know, Russian version did a IP block for all non russian countrys because they have their own server, i wouldn't be surprised if Trion decided to IP block russian's because they already have their own version :P

BANGUber
03-22-2014, 05:27 AM
No need to post third thread with same questionЗемляк у тебя вопрос в общем поставлен, а у меня к Триону. Ты сам-то, что скажешь по поводу этой чепухи на счет того угрожает ли нам блок или нет? Я думаю что нет.

BANGUber
03-22-2014, 05:31 AM
As far as i know, Russian version did a IP block for all non russian countrys because they have their own server
Omg...Wher you take this information??? On aa.mail.ru?

Raikus
03-22-2014, 05:37 AM
Земляк у тебя вопрос в общем поставлен, а у меня к Триону. Ты сам-то, что скажешь по поводу этой чепухи на счет того угрожает ли нам блок или нет? Я думаю что нет.

I Just get pissed off when I don't understand a WORD.

Tarre
03-22-2014, 05:40 AM
I address my question directly to Trion while your thread is more general note. What do you think on that matter?

If (=when) MailRu will ask for IP block there will be one

Tadayoshi
03-22-2014, 05:40 AM
As far as i know, Russian version did a IP block for all non russian countrys because they have their own server, i wouldn't be surprised if Trion decided to IP block russian's because they already have their own version :P

It's not a decision from mail.ru or trion, but a thing XLGames enforces iirc.

BANGUber
03-22-2014, 05:44 AM
I Just get pissed off when I don't understand a WORD.

Sorry dude, I say him "I address my question directly to Trion while your thread is more general note. What do you think on that matter?"

Thx for translation my post man.

ApocaRUFF
03-22-2014, 06:04 AM
Considering that, so far, every region version of ArcheAge has IP Blocked other regions, I think that more than likely Trion will introduce an IP block as well.

Redthirst
03-22-2014, 07:01 AM
I hope the won't add any region locks. I'm from Ukraine, but I believe in Trion more when it comes to business model.

Thraay
03-22-2014, 07:12 AM
The region locks all come down from XLGames. The publishers Trion, Mail.ru, ect. have very little to say in this department. They can negotiate with XLGames to work something out. But I doubt you are going to see a free open unregion locked game. Even more so since Mail.ru has had to region lock alot of places out of its version. I would bet the general rule of thumb to be if you can play on Mail.ru's version or the Korean version then you wont be able to play on Trions and vica versa.

Redthirst
03-22-2014, 07:15 AM
The region locks all come down from XLGames. The publishers Trion, Mail.ru, ect. have very little to say in this department. They can negotiate with XLGames to work something out. But I doubt you are going to see a free open unregion locked game. Even more so since Mail.ru has had to region lock alot of places out of its version. I would bet the general rule of thumb to be if you can play on Mail.ru's version or the Korean version then you wont be able to play on Trions and vica versa.
Then AA is pretty much dead to me.

Ketec
03-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Block asians at least.... don't need all their bots here.

BANGUber
03-22-2014, 08:10 AM
...i don't know what a say for this .... system, but no i have a words it is, if i can not play on EU AA i say good buy this game, easy, because i not started play on mail.ru and do not wanna go started.

Turrican
03-22-2014, 10:14 AM

your source of information? thanks.

Shifted
03-22-2014, 10:18 AM
your source of information? thanks.

The IP restrictions were requested by XLGAMES, here's a translated news article (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmail.ru%2Barcheage%2Bnews%26client%3D firefox-a%26hs%3DODR%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Dsb&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=ru&u=http://aa.mail.ru/news/310143.html&usg=ALkJrhj5IVq4DfwuMswkZ_LJGfYw2bRgzA) from Mail.ru.

There's a few of them scattered about the place.

Dotti
03-22-2014, 10:37 AM
I cannot imagine that Trion will region block russia - because they invited all the russian players to play RIFT after the russian servers closed - and there are a LOT of russians playing.

So I think that is a no no.

Xtt
03-22-2014, 10:39 AM
I doubt it. Regardless, its mostly up to XLGames.

Palinore
03-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Even if there is an IP block. If you really want to play there are ways around it.

BANGUber
03-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Even if there is an IP block. If you really want to play there are ways around it.

Who realy wanna play ye, but i wanna play legally and freedom, and i don't wanna install other soft for play in this game. xD

I hope mb this information ignored or this is messege stupid spam^^, and Russian people play on EU AA xD. I Still wait and look, mb soon will be all right and go start play in AA and say Trion's big thx.

PS: Thx people for information.

Galix
11-25-2014, 06:01 PM

Region-Lock everything so player's don't know their being priced-gorged in other regions. :)

I bet XL-Games did the browser-trick that automatically re-directs inquiries from the KR website to the NA based on the location of the browser. From what i've noticed KR/JP/CN developers love to region-block and they already know the average western-user isn't going to those websites(this has been changing now thanks to information from 3rd party sources/communities now being placed on Mainstream sites like Massively)