PDA

View Full Version : Make Vengeance F2P only and Reckoning Patron Only... Then Merge.

Ramparts
12-11-2016, 04:36 PM
If the main issue is the server stress then just make it so that Vengeance is only accessible by f2ps and Reckoning is only accessible by patrons. If a F2P wants to upgrade to Patron, they are forced to transfer to Reckoning and vice versa. After a week or two, when everything is (relatively) calm and the playerbase stabilizes, merge the two servers together. Since Vengeance has empty housing zones (because all f2p), the merge will work without land conflicts. Also make it so that the Character name database is shared across the two servers so there are also no name conflicts (Or apply the Renaming system you had with the server evolutions, though the shared database is a much neater solution)

As far as splitting up guilds, let the guilds work it out themselves. Its not hard to make a second guild in Vengeance for your f2p players and when the servers merge just transfer all of them back into the main guild.

This takes care of your server issues and also fear of a dead server in 2 weeks. The f2ps can't grab land anyway and will have spent their time leveling and gearing up, which is what they would've done on Reckoning anyway.

P.S. To those people already adopting the "My FS server is better than your FS server!" mentality, please realize that this is exactly what Trion wants. Divide the community and let the angry mobs direct some of their heat and anger at each other instead of at the real culprits, Trion. Please don't fall for this. Realize that what companies like Trion fear most is a unified community. Instead of putting down Reckoning or putting down Vengeance, strive for a unified server.

DakzODT
12-11-2016, 06:29 PM
You're thinking way to much about it. I have been sitting in queue for over an hour now. That is the reason there is two servers. Solely. Queue times

Ramparts
12-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I understand that. That's not what I'm addressing. I'm not saying they shouldn't have made two servers to relieve server stress and queue times, I'm just suggesting how they should've gone about it in a way that makes sense for the servers' long term futures.

Andius
12-11-2016, 07:45 PM
You're thinking way to much about it. I have been sitting in queue for over an hour now. That is the reason there is two servers. Solely. Queue times

To think people were saying this would be a dead/single player/dodging PvP server a few hours ago.