PDA

View Full Version : <Band of Dorfs> Laid back Craftsman Guild/Community focus.

Sabriele
12-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Hey folks, thought it was about time I posted this here, although you've probably seen my ads in Faction/Nation chat over the last week. This post will contain a basic synopsis and contact info, for invites and further info feel free to hop in our Ts3 and say Hi, or contact Sabriel ingame. Mail is preferred contact ingame unless I'm actively on and in Faction chat, as I do spend a lot of my time AFK while at work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/1NY1Wwz.png

Guild name: Band of Dorfs
Faction: West
Leader: Sabriel
Officers: Dia, Solveigg, Galdalfa, Djangus
Voice Server: Teamspeak 3: Available, not mandatory.

Mission/Environment: First and foremost, we are a community. Our core members played back at launch on the Enla server, and one of the things that burned us out on AA back then was the fact that all the bigger guilds had massive gear requirements, and for most of them you had to basically give up your life to play AA to meet their online time requirements. With that in mind, we came back to ArcheAge with the 3.0 update with one goal: Simple Enjoyment of the basics of ArcheAge, and the community building and co-operation that this incredible sandbox allows. This is the pillar that the Band of Dorfs is built on, which brings us to...

Requirements: None. Our Motto here in the Band of Dorfs, as you may have seen in Faction chat, is : "Play ArcheAge, Your way". We want all of our members to enjoy playing ArcheAge, when they want, how they want. It should also be noted here that Dwarves, Elves, and Nuians are all welcome to join. We are all Dorfs at heart!

Content: Obviously, with this mentality, it is unlikely that the Band of Dorfs is going to be doing any of the endgame content anytime soon, especially not castles and other organised PvP content, unless we somehow attract a large group of dedicated PvPers. I realise, this is not everyone's cup of tea, there are those of you out there who want to do lots of Mass PvP. For that, I would reccomend joining one of the more PvP focused guilds - <Harbingers of Freedom> are a good group that I do reccomend, but I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

Rules: My only rule (unless situations arise in which more need to be created, which I personally hope will not happen), is as follows:

We are a pro-faction guild. I will not tolerate excessive purpling on our fellow faction members. Self defence, even pre-emptive self defence, is fine. But if i hear you are purpling randomly and often, especially against lower level friendlies, that will earn you a one way ticket out of my guild via Das Boot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok..well.. that was a little longer than I meant to do here, but I'll call that good enough for now.

Teamspeak 3 info can be given by PM from any of our officers. I will refrain from putting it here to protect ourselves from potential trolls. Thanks guys!

BinaryRun
12-22-2016, 07:52 AM
May I ask why you guys use TS3 instead of Discord? Please include if you are west of east as well for those interested.

Sabriele
12-22-2016, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the tip about east/west, Included that now :)

As for Ts3, its because I've hosted a community Ts3 for the last 6 years now, and have it set up exactly the way i like it. I love the control Ts3 gives me over users, channels, and moderation of such, plus the jTS3 bot helps me out with auto-afk moves and channel group assignments which help organise a large multi-game, multi-genre community.

Plus, I really, really hate Discord's interface.

Phillywob
12-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Hear here! Band of Dorfs are a nice bunch. :)

BinaryRun
12-22-2016, 01:14 PM
You are welcome for the tip. As for teamspeak, perhaps you could note down if joining it is mandatory? I personally don't have anything against teamspeak, however I personally don't like being mic / headset listening to people while I'm playing casually outside of a raid. Instead I would be more inclined to listen to music or my favourite twitch streamer(s). What is your policy on (mandatory) teamspeak activity?

Sabriele
12-22-2016, 02:02 PM
It goes along with the other "requirements", or lack thereof. Join Teamspeak if and when you want to, otherwise we're more than happy to talk to you in guild chat :) Ts3 usage is completely optional, its just there if you prefer that method of communication.

I've also updated the main post with this info too.

Sabriele
12-26-2016, 04:02 PM
We're growing fast, always entertaining to run into other guild members around the world as I'm runnin packs. As interest grows, I'm lookin to secure some guild land somewhere, to be determined, with a main guild house and some space for members to plant farms etc.

Sabriele
01-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Just Bumping this.
Updates so far: We're starting to run multi-clipper traderuns across the ocean, to encouraging success. Gilda and merit farming has really kicked into gear now, as we start getting our members set up with ships. I'm also looking at building a fellowship workbench for Ahnimar, which should help enhance that region's commerce for all :)

Sabriele
01-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Another quick bump, and update:

It is not confirmed yet, but I do believe we have one of the biggest, if not THE biggest fishing fleet in Vengeance's West Faction. I'd like to state that I am very proud of my Dorfs - its only onwards and upwards from here, folks!

Grax
01-17-2017, 05:11 PM

It is not confirmed yet, but I do believe we have one of the biggest, if not THE biggest fishing fleet in Vengeance's West Faction. I'd like to state that I am very proud of my Dorfs - its only onwards and upwards from here, folks!

Grats!

Belewyn1779
01-18-2017, 07:35 AM

Now that jingle for the goldfish snacks is stuck in my head "...we love the fishes cause they're so delucious...." ugh :P
I have seen yall around in my travels and have to say yall seem like a chill group. Glad to see another pro-faction guild.

Sabriele
01-18-2017, 03:01 PM
The fishies ARE delicious!

A quick edit now that i have more than 30 seconds to type (yay for being at work!):

We are a heavily pro-faction, pro-co-operation group. I personally run "Free tradepack events", where i will make 40-100 free packs at a location that i have a lot of resources for (usually either solzreed or Airain rock), and do calls for people to collect them in guild and then nation chat.

Also, with the recent aquisition of a Cutter or two, we're looking at doing some daily Ghost ship runs, inspired by Beck and his Privateers. Shoutout here to Beck for hooking me up with some cannonballs when i ran out on my first run with them!

I'm also currently farming the gilda up to place a fellowship bench in Ahnimar, which of course will be open and welcoming to all :)