PDA

View Full Version : Family Quest - Regional Stew Pot appears bugged

Galadriane
12-23-2016, 04:07 AM
As soon as I activate the quest the cauldron's health drops down to virtually nothing, we barely have time to hit a couple of the skills at the right time and poof it's gone; quest incomplete #fail.

tried in different locations, private land vs public, same results.

Aeducan76
12-23-2016, 04:29 AM
"Barely have time to hit a couple of skills...."

Thereīs your error. You seem to hack wildly at your keyboard, while the skill has to be channeled for max effect - itīs basically a channeled heal over time.

AND. You should abort a running channel if the symbol changes.

Itīs true you canīt waste any time once the quest has been activated, but after the first 3 channels the stew is pretty safe - and itīs still way more easy and less annoying than fishing.

Galadriane
12-23-2016, 04:37 AM
"Barely have time to hit a couple of skills...."

Thereīs your error. You seem to hack wildly at your keyboard, while the skill has to be channeled for max effect - itīs basically a channeled heal over time.

AND. You should abort a running channel if the symbol changes.

Itīs true you canīt waste any time once the quest has been activated, but after the first 3 channels the stew is pretty safe - and itīs still way more easy and less annoying than fishing.

dude, if u knew me you'd know that I don't "hack wildly at my keyboard" LOL

saying that, it seems this quest works in "reverse" to the others. while with the others the objective is to reduce the health of the target by applying different skills at the correct time, this one is to increase its health. after the 3rd attempt, I got lucky, got the same 2 buffs to hit one after the other for a few min allowing to increase the health of the pot, and eventually made it before the timer expired (barely).

Orio
12-23-2016, 04:57 AM
These quests are based on proficiency bonuses... Be sure you have at least some cooking skill to make it easier.

Aeducan76
12-23-2016, 05:06 AM
These quests are based on proficiency bonuses... Be sure you have at least some cooking skill to make it easier.

Works quite well with no cooking at all. (3 chars doing it)

dude, if u knew me you'd know that I don't "hack wildly at my keyboard" LOL

It sounded that way, because yes itīs reverse to the others, you have to increase health instead of reducing it and itīs quite critical in the beginning, but as said, after the first few channels thereīs no stress factor left.

Edit: Personal note - i have 5 Patron accs. i usually do those quests with 3 Windows @ 1280x786 and memorize the colors of the channel - Top left window gets the F, top right the G, lower right the H.
Yes those windows overlap but itīs easy to click the right one and just press R. The only difference in this particular quest is that you wanna cancel a remaining channel if the "buff" changes, otherwise you loose health to the wrong skill running.

That way i am usually done with all the different family voc quests in about 2 min. (except fishing ofc)

Edit 2: Any i3/i5 with Multithreaded Rendering disabled can handle that (8 GB RAM sure helps ;))