PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Trion

honya15
12-24-2016, 12:53 AM
Dear Trion
I know you've spent your time mostly fixing things, and listening to our crying on forums.

I just wanted to tell you, you did amazing job fixing those things :)
I no longer receive any errors, never seen any queues, and overall, it's the game I've always wanted to play.

So thank you for your hard work, and keep up the good job :)

Integer
12-24-2016, 04:52 PM
I guess you haven't tried to do any dungeons recently so you haven't noticed that there's a 50/50 chance you'll be missing bosses and be unable to complete it.
And I also guess you haven't tried putting down any farms recently just to have them vanish into nothingness.

FliP
12-26-2016, 09:17 AM
I guess this person hasn't tried anything or he's simply braindead.

KefkaBE
12-26-2016, 09:22 AM
yeah Trion we love you, keep rockin' ! kappa

honya15
12-26-2016, 03:00 PM
They are working hard, and making improvements. You can't deny that.
You can be an ♥♥♥, and only cry about problems, but I'd better compliment them when they fix something.

Integer
12-26-2016, 03:04 PM
You can be an ♥♥♥, and only cry about problems, but I'd better compliment them when they fix something.

http://i.imgur.com/K4NLoqS.jpg

FliP
12-26-2016, 03:13 PM

Please list 5 things they "fixed". Since you are talking so highly about Trion, it shouldn't be hard for you to find 5 things.

If a "fix" broke something else it doesn't count as a fix.

So... lets hear it!

honya15
12-26-2016, 03:14 PM
I wrote the thread 2 days ago, when everything was working :)
Imagine if you had to come in to work on christmas, because the server is on fire again...

honya15
12-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Queue.
Black Screen
Gray Screen
Frequent disconnection in most cases
Cant create characters

That's five.

FliP
12-26-2016, 03:15 PM
I wrote the thread 2 days ago, when everything was working :)
Imagine if you had to come in to work on christmas, because the server is on fire again...

That happens when you haven't done your job right previously. They failed and now they have to work on christmas while their players cannot play during holidays.

EDIT:

Queue. - They never fixed the queue. They increased server capacity which causes bugs, lag and glitches. Also, as I said, if a "fix" breaks something else, it isn't a fix.
Black Screen - Nope, still got black screens on NA 2 days ago. CTRL + Enter makes it disappear, but you can't do anything with the game in this state.
Gray Screen - Same as above, I either got black screen or grey screen once I finally made it through the black screen on NA. I am sure same happens on EU for some people.
Frequent disconnection in most cases - Nope, the increased server capacity causes more disconnections than ever before. Also, their servers are crashing at least 3 times per day.
Cant create characters - The only valid fix out of everything you listed.

So they managed to fix one thing and break several other things, yet you praise them?

4Head
12-26-2016, 03:18 PM

https://niceme.me/

honya15
12-26-2016, 03:18 PM
I'd like to see you balance a game server with 600% capacity...

FliP
12-26-2016, 03:21 PM

Stop defending Trion and making excuses. If they did their job right they wouldn't need to increase capacity to 600% of what their servers can handle.

kaja
12-26-2016, 03:25 PM

Trino Logic:

"Should we upgrade our server hardware? Nah"
"Should we open a new fresh start server do handle the massive influx of new players? Nah"
"Should we overburden our ♥♥♥♥ty servers with six times the load they can handle? YES"
TRINO LOGIC

EDIT: I would LOVE and would PAY MONEY to attend one of the meetings where they make these decisions. It must be hilarious.

FliP
12-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Trino Logic:

"Should we upgrade our server hardware? Nah"
"Should we open a new fresh start server do handle the massive influx of new players? Nah"
"Should we overburden our ♥♥♥♥ty servers with six times the load they can handle? YES"
TRINO LOGIC

EDIT: I would LOVE and would PAY MONEY to attend one of the meetings where they make these decisions. It must be hilarious.

Meetings? What are you talking about? That is way too organized for Trion. A local maid can make and execute decisions it seems.

TommyW
12-26-2016, 03:42 PM
You must be mentally ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed, Yes they have fixed a few things that shouldn't have been broken in the first place but by fixing those things they broke more, you spakker let me know yo ign so i can kill you

honya15
12-26-2016, 03:57 PM
queue isn't something that you can fix. You can ease it, increase capacity, buy new servers, etc. It's not an error, or bug, it's that there is more demand what you expected.
Black screen is fixed. It happened for every second player before, if it happens now for 10%, then it is fixed. I dont care for 1-2 people, if the masses can play again.
"Nope, the increased server capacity causes more disconnections than ever before. Also, their servers are crashing at least 3 times per day." - maybe you're afking. I haven't got disconnect in a week. I'm talking about EU ( this is an EU server topic, so I DONT CARE ABOUT NA ).
All 5 points are valid, you're just butthurt.

And I praise anytime, anyone, for anything. You spam 600 topics about problems, let me post one single topic without being toxic. Ok?

FliP
12-26-2016, 03:59 PM
queue isn't something that you can fix. You can ease it, increase capacity, buy new servers, etc. It's not an error, or bug, it's that there is more demand what you expected.
Black screen is fixed. It happened for every second player before, if it happens now for 10%, then it is fixed. I dont care for 1-2 people, if the masses can play again.
"Nope, the increased server capacity causes more disconnections than ever before. Also, their servers are crashing at least 3 times per day." - maybe you're afking. I haven't got disconnect in a week. I'm talking about EU ( this is an EU server topic, so I DONT CARE ABOUT NA ).

And I praise anytime, anyone, for anything. You spam 600 topics about problems, let me post one single topic without being toxic. Ok?

1/5 points are valid, you're just a fanboy and whiteknight. Go crawl back into your rainbow colored hole.

honya15
12-26-2016, 04:05 PM
No, I'm a game developer, who actually understands how hard it is to make, and maintain a game.
I love this game, and I dont want it to be shut down.
♥♥♥♥talking, crying, asking your money back only results in that. Improves nothing.
Positive feedback, detailed bug reports, and some support results in a better game for all.

Of course developers need to get involved too, but that's not my part to do.

FliP
12-26-2016, 04:32 PM
Positive feedback about something nonexistant doesnt help anyone.

Vengance
12-26-2016, 09:33 PM

How does "Instead of 1:2 people get black screen, 1:10 get black screen" = fixed? Window licker logic for you I guess.

No, I'm a game developer, who actually understands how hard it is to make, and maintain a game.
I love this game, and I dont want it to be shut down.
♥♥♥♥talking, crying, asking your money back only results in that. Improves nothing.
Positive feedback, detailed bug reports, and some support results in a better game for all.

Of course developers need to get involved too, but that's not my part to do.

Most people have not and will not bother with the effort of asking for there money back instead a great deal of players (or at this point a great deal MORE) players will just trash can the game.
"Crying" May in your small mind equate to people giving poor feedback but in my mind leaving poor feedback or telling a company they are doing a ♥♥♥♥ job means "I soon will no longer be a customer" and as such serves the purpose of saying sort you ♥♥♥♥ out or i am done.
If every customer followed your foolish logic there would be no improvement of many things and instead products would just die quicker.

If I dump 200 into a game that game better damn well be functional anything less is unacceptable and the whole BS "They didnt predict how many people blah, blah, blah" thats not mine or any other paying customers fault. That is 100% down to poor planning and execution.

honya15
12-27-2016, 05:28 AM
I didn't talk about business decisions. Did I say "thank you for your bad business sense?" or "Thank you for not giving us enough servers for our money"?
No, I said thank you for your hard work.
Work.

You know, programmers, database managers, and so. Those who need to work what they have.
If you have even a little insight in game making, you know that there are people who make decisions, and there are people, who work a lot because of the poor decisions.
I thanked the second group.

"Instead of 1:2 people get black screen, 1:10 get black screen"
More like 1:1000

Vengance
12-27-2016, 08:35 AM
I didn't talk about business decisions. Did I say "thank you for your bad business sense?" or "Thank you for not giving us enough servers for our money"?
No, I said thank you for your hard work.
Work.

You know, programmers, database managers, and so. Those who need to work what they have.
If you have even a little insight in game making, you know that there are people who make decisions, and there are people, who work a lot because of the poor decisions.
I thanked the second group.

"Instead of 1:2 people get black screen, 1:10 get black screen"
More like 1:1000

Don't know what game you have been playing if u think its 1:1000.

Just because part of the poor planning etc is down to those that make decisions doesnt some how remove the fact that the "programmers, database managers, and so" are doing a piss poor job but you continue to live in lala land where trion are doing fantastic and all this ♥♥♥♥ is in my mind...

Mielo
01-11-2017, 05:49 AM
The are not giving you ♥♥♥♥ just for say some good words about them. Lying is bad, kid.

mikroman
01-11-2017, 06:15 AM
The OP was pure sarcasm. :D