PDA

View Full Version : Racial Passives

Archaous
04-18-2014, 02:44 AM
After looking at the passives for each of the races its pretty apparent that Firran passives are far superior.

Heres a refresher on the Racials, as well as why they are inferior.

Nuian - Get a longer buff after death | Takes less time to input a pack when building something
- You have to die to get the buff | Applying a resource pack isn't terribly long.
Elves - Longer underwater breathing | Can swim faster (I believe this passive is fine.)
- In game items allow everyone to do this
Harani - Reduced recall time | Less time to gather a resource (Decent passive but still pretty "meh")
- The recall isn't rediculous, you save maybe 2-3 seconds
Firran - Reduced fall damage (You take alot of fall damage in general and PvP, SUPER USEFULL) | Can climb things faster (Great for siege ladders & masts of ships)

I just feel that with the passives so unbalanced there will be an inherent problem with faction balance as well. It's probably too late to change anything like that but i want to hear your guys' thoughts.

brittleheart
04-18-2014, 03:05 AM
I personally don't mind the passives really, it's better then a small stat difference instead. I also like that it makes each race feel more unique.

Tasteycakes
04-18-2014, 03:11 AM
I think every race has something thats OP so to speak. It just depends on how you are going to play the game.

Archaous
04-18-2014, 03:22 AM
The passives do make each race unique, but the only ones that are useful/viable are the firran and the elves (somewhat)

Goonz
04-18-2014, 03:56 AM
Agreed with Tastey. Pick the one that fits your play style. In the end it doesn't throw the game balance completely out of whack.

Senichiro
04-18-2014, 03:57 AM
why all steal ma thread now Oo

kiukiu
04-18-2014, 07:09 AM
harani > all, thats just how it is.
while you will be getting less damage durring fall/glider fall, I will have that compensated in HP, because my gear will be far supperior to yours, because I will be economically much richer than you, doing trade runs much faster, spending much less time harvesting my full 2 or 3 big scarecrows of clovers or rice, and more likely to steal someone's trees, selling them or whatever will need.

Walfgar
04-18-2014, 08:03 AM
elves and firrian for pvp, harani for farmers..nuiain for looks lol (tho the building passive might help alot for castle siege if it helps repair or somthing)

SilentPrayers
04-18-2014, 08:25 AM
i wonder what the passives for the other NEW classes will be like the fairies/warborn. they wound like their passives would have to do with gliders and machinery or something haha

kiukiu
04-18-2014, 10:17 AM
if you would play the game long enough you would understand that those passives dont play high role in pvp, utterly useless.
with harani recall 30% reduction, I can make 4-10 gilda stars doing solo trade runs (4 if pack for 2 gildas, 10 if pack for 5 gildas) just in 18minutes, without leaving my continent on safe lands, in neighboring territory. And from those 18 minutes, 10 will be spent afk, 6 minutes half afk (pressing numlock, glancing to make sure character not stuck to a monster) and 2 minutes actual control doing actions.

Deystus
04-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Ya, i feel like the passives are simply there to allow for slight specialization of your character without forcing you into a race because of what you want to do. You get small bonuses depending on how you want to play the game( i.e Nuian maybe for solo players that may have problems dying frequently to large pulls, or for players that want to build castles) however the bonuses aren't substantial enough to force you into a race because of your class or to stop you from picking one due to aesthetic. I honestly don't mind the subtle change the passives actually make, but they feel like enough to make a noticeable impact in the long run.

Archaous
04-20-2014, 03:24 AM
I too would like know what passives the new races are going to have.. anyone have info from KR servers?

Melfunkshun
04-20-2014, 03:38 AM
I don't know why mmo's still have racial's to be honest. Scrap racials i say.

Sardonx
04-20-2014, 04:27 AM
I too would like know what passives the new races are going to have.. anyone have info from KR servers?

A post I read mentioned that info about the new races (or their release) will be on 2015.

Svyndari
04-20-2014, 10:47 AM
To be perfectly honest I've always believed that you play what you want to be aesthetically. There's no point in picking particular races purely based on passive abilities. You're going to get a lot more enjoyment out of the game if you pick something you like and not what you HAVE TO because X build requires this passive and it's better to use this trait for PvP. Blah Blah. Play what you want :)

Simsu
04-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Harani - Reduced recall time | Less time to gather a resource (Decent passive but still pretty "meh")
- The recall isn't rediculous, you save maybe 2-3 seconds

Just to be clear, this racial is on the cooldown, not the cast time. The base cooldown is 30 minutes and the racial (30%) drops it to 21 minutes.

Zerokx
04-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Really love me the Firran, firstly they look great (Wanted to play them before I knew the racial skills) and they recieve less falling damage and can climb faster which is really nice for exploring.
Harani can ninja stuff if they start collecting the same time you do and generally reduce this huuuuge amount of time that is needed to empty a scarecrow.
Elves have pretty good skills considering much is happening in the water and the move speed alone is pretty great.
Just dont really like the Nuian skills.

Nempt
04-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Maybe if they just edit the potency of the racial passives then everything will be dandy :D

Xost
04-22-2014, 02:06 AM
The world is going to be full of cats. Just like the internet.

Airey
04-22-2014, 04:04 AM
All the passives seem fine, its not like they are game breaking or offer huge incentive to play one race over the other.

madmaru
04-22-2014, 06:11 AM
The racial abilities are not that big of a deal to make a difference in choosing one race over another.

Zenjirr
04-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Speaking from my personal experience the racials arent that big of a deal, but for example if you like farming then its better to go HARANI, because you will cut trees faster and gather stuff from herbalism faster.
And less time to gather stuff really helps. Don't forget you also the higher the CRAFT skill 10k, 20k, 30k - also increases the gathering speed, so you will be like a gathering rocket ;]
If you pvp and fall a lot, yes FIRRAN is great, u can also put a rune on the boots to reduce the fall damage even further.
If you like treasure hunting and what not then ELVES is your race. (also can slot runes to increase underwater duration and swim speed)
NUIANS passives for me PERSONALLY is the least useful ones, but someone will argue its not because of the STAT buff when you die (don't die, then its useless).
All depends what you like, how you want to look like (elves - with ears, firran - cats with fur xD).
I personally gonna go east side and choose HARANI, because I spend a lot of time on farms :)

Celta
04-23-2014, 07:05 AM
I guess i will go with Firran, the only thing i don't like is the animation when running, but i think i will get used to it :D

Jrazor
04-23-2014, 10:55 AM
I will probably go with Harani just in case people are chasing one resource node.

Baium
04-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Firran all the way

Law
04-26-2014, 02:32 PM
OP says with ingame items, everyone can get the swim speed and underwater breathing the Elves get...so does that mean the Elves' racials are overtaken by items, or do items also add to their own innate superiority in the water?

(Basically, do Elves benefit from those items to remain stronger swimmers than other races?)

Seilky
04-26-2014, 03:01 PM
OP says with ingame items, everyone can get the swim speed and underwater breathing the Elves get...so does that mean the Elves' racials are overtaken by items, or do items also add to their own innate superiority in the water?

(Basically, do Elves benefit from those items to remain stronger swimmers than other races?)

It's a plus, they overlap.

The world is going to be full of cats. Just like the internet.

I think a lot of pirates will be elves, but lore wise it doesn't make sense that passive.

DarkWolf
04-26-2014, 04:34 PM
For me the Elf passives are not to tempting as I read about them from the lore they have a deathwish they go to fight so i thought some buff or passive should be added to boost their combat power for some period.

rodde
04-26-2014, 05:28 PM
well guys you disappoint me, i though you all knew already that the game was designed by cats. and the only reason they did not design the firran as gods who rule the other races is because everyone would just pick a firran, and we all know everyone is not worthy enough to incarnate a cat god.

oh and btw if you didn't read the license agreement when creating trion account: what you have accepted to do by playing the game is:
-worship cats.
-do all their biddings.
-you will have to serve them as carpets and beds when they want to sleep.
-you will never, never, NEVER leave your cat"s bowl empty.