PDA

View Full Version : Overpopulation issue - solutions?

Sionnachan
01-04-2017, 06:10 AM
According to Trion the server is running at 600-700% of capacity, which is obviously a bit more than what it should be at, and from what we saw with the queues (before they managed to apply an AFK-kicker) there’s roughly 10 Patrons per every one F2P user on the server.

For the past two weeks I’ve been looking for a spot – ANY SPOT – in a PvE zone to put down my ONLY 24x24 farm (I do have an 8x8 that's going to become a Workstation at some point...), but that’s obviously an exercise in futility since ALL spots have already been grabbed by Farm Barons and Land Grabbers already. Even Ahnimar is full, and that is a map only meant for farms.

I would like to know what Trion is doing to increase farm land availability.

mikroman
01-04-2017, 06:28 AM
Real solution
- 1 players = 1 account. Make better user controll or make disable sending/trade/get big value items or many gold in short time in P2p actions + monitor AH actions and ban suspicious transactions and users!
- when will we get this: never

Smaller "fix" 1:
- maximum labor/day in free users (example: no more labor regeneration after 5 hours). Less online users = smaller lags

smaller fix or fake solution:
- start new server to handle the overpopulation
or
- start not "free" server: separated region. Single region accounts. Only for new accounts with patron in starting

Solution of Capitalism:
- enter all patron users. If the server has too many users online same time start kicking out free users and don't let them join back! :D

Zeref25
01-04-2017, 06:41 AM
Well there is still land to grab. It is in pvp zone but no one really attacks there (at my spot).

greetings

mikroman
01-04-2017, 06:55 AM
Well there is still land to grab. It is in pvp zone but no one really attacks there (at my spot).

greetings

I find 1 16x16 4-5 days ago. 0 24x24. PvP or normal, Auroria or "low priority" zone. it doesn't matter. All (not 8x8) lands grabbed by "users". +not enough time to expire fake/demo lands yet maybe.
And the lands are only one factor. The server is overpopulated. We have 4-6x more players than intended. And we have more than "intended" players in same small area in wars and events. Server or the program in server side can't handle it.

Zeref25
01-04-2017, 07:41 AM
yesterday i saw 2 people claiming 16x16 in Windscout Savannah

Symanovitch
01-04-2017, 08:03 AM
There is still a lot of land to grab that much is certain.

But I must say, I also personally think that the way Trino handled the multi account issue and permitted land barons to propser is cancerous and NOT the way the game is meant to be played, but Trino also proved that as long as they got income, they couldn't care less about respecting the "spirit" of the game. It's been 2 years and half already, and nothing has changed so i doubt they will ever do anything about this.

*Sigh* I so wish a more serious company would take over at least the eu version of the game, but i know it's a hopeless dream XD all we can do is play until we get tired and move on, that's what i also did on initial release after the apocalyptic Auroria launch and the apex dupe crap.

Neito
01-04-2017, 09:14 AM
yesterday i saw 2 people claiming 16x16 in Windscout Savannah

And I bet they were crying while doing so, No one wants land in Detroit if there is better elsewhere.

Akimato
01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2s9am53.jpg

this picture exists since the start of archeage hehe

Sionnachan
01-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Maybe there’s some spaces left in PvP zones and Haranya, but I don’t like being ganked and the idea of re-levelling for the slim chance of finding a farm spot is really unappealing to me…

The main problem with the 1 IP = 1 account solution would be family situations where either couples or parents/children/siblings play together, and it’s easy to get around with IP masking software and tunnels.

Trion really hasn’t thought this one through (so, no change really).

Symanovitch
01-06-2017, 02:07 AM
Maybe there’s some spaces left in PvP zones and Haranya, but I don’t like being ganked and the idea of re-levelling for the slim chance of finding a farm spot is really unappealing to me…

The main problem with the 1 IP = 1 account solution would be family situations where either couples or parents/children/siblings play together, and it’s easy to get around with IP masking software and tunnels.

Trion really hasn’t thought this one through (so, no change really).

Well, you do know that every pvp zone on both continent got peace periods for like 2-3h every day right?

As for the multi account, i also consider it as a cancer for this game, but Trino already stated several times that they allow it as long as it's done manually, so better get over it that will never change.

Personally, me and my guild got a HQ base in a not-so-popular pvp zone, but it's fun having skirmishes every day here and there. I mean... if you don't like pvp at all why do you play AA?

Houyiz
01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
ah cool story

Mielo
01-11-2017, 05:58 AM
Im having some serious issues with getting land too. I saw a 24x24 going down at 5:12 AM and I though that only me saw that. When it went down, 5-6 persons showed up and grabbed the land.

Even with this 2 new areas of housing the damn areas are totally full, only managing to get 8x8 down in some areas with good luck. We need more land or less people on the same server.

That leads me to think why NA has 2 server and in Europe we have just one and woking badly with superpopulation. Trino, you should care a little bit about us. Give us another server with free transfer from Prophecy or something like that.

thessy
01-11-2017, 07:55 AM
more and more people coming on fresh server, all zones are full, i cant find land. maybe a second EU fresh start server?

mikroman
01-11-2017, 08:13 AM
more and more people coming on fresh server, all zones are full, i cant find land. maybe a second EU fresh start server?

Vultures lose demo lands in this days in Auroria castle zones. You can check spots and call the swarm to grab nice spots. :D
+1 EU server is good idea, but Trino hate us in EU and they chose "safe solutions" (=they don't start new servers). They Just try to force 6x more players than intended to the one overpopulated server, than they will wait to lose many players...
Easy "fix" of the problems. :)

thessy
01-11-2017, 08:37 AM
oh i checked auroria yesterday, all zones, nothing free.....