PDA

View Full Version : HUGE class crafting change

Midnight013
04-18-2014, 10:05 AM
After watching the Thursday livestream, i came here to the forums to talk about my surprise about how trion are handling the classes but when i get here, i see no mention of this. Did no one else pay attention to the stream?

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/520746621

At the 15:56, Cait and Scapes talk about how passives not only have a certain amount of points needed into the tree to open them, you ALSO need to get the previous passives. All passives are in a pathway so that if you want to get the strongest passive, you need the 4 passives before it.

This means you cant just put 7 points into a tree and then just grab the bottom passive. Cait herself said you need to put a minimum of 12 points to get the last passive which is practically half the allowed skill points (23).

So far this changes EVERYTHING. ALL the builds i have seen on this forums are now thrown out the window. Did no on else catch this? Why are people not talking about this?

kiukiu
04-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Strange, maybe you misunderstood it, you need to invest 7 skill points to get the last passive. It is not necessary to take all the passives.
That cant be right...

Peter
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
If they did say that they probably misspoke, as people do every now and again. This is not the case in the current alpha build, nor do I believe that it will br a change in the final product. It doesn't make sense and it would ruin the entire class system.

Midnight013
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
I'm being told that they corrected themselves in the stream. I must have missed it and now im waiting for confirmation. I really hope so cause that would be great

Midnight013
04-18-2014, 10:26 AM
If they did say that they probably misspoke, as people do every now and again. This is not the case in the current alpha build, nor do I believe that it will br a change in the final product. It doesn't make sense and it would ruin the entire class system.

Okay, I'll have to take your word for it as I am not in alpha. It doesnt seem like they misspoke though because they sounded like they knew what they were talking about and you can see that all passives are connected by a line. I really wish someone would show me evidence that im wrong so i can rest easily knowing my theory builds may still work.

Striefer
04-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Okay, I'll have to take your word for it as I am not in alpha. It doesnt seem like they misspoke though because they sounded like they knew what they were talking about and you can see that all passives are connected by a line. I really wish someone would show me evidence that im wrong so i can rest easily knowing my theory builds may still work.

I would also like an answer on this. I don't want to waste time theorycrafting builds that are not possible.