PDA

View Full Version : Possibly returning player: East/West split?

Sillyfish
01-14-2017, 06:16 PM
How is the faction divide here? What would you suggest to a returning or new player on where to roll?

Also posting this in the other fresh start forum for more information.

Byrning
01-14-2017, 06:46 PM
It's always hard to get exact numbers when people only count the ones that come to events like MM or Halcy and they forget you do have those few players who stay hidden and wish to farm in peace/ stay out of PvP until they have what they feel is decent gear to survive, but so far in my opinion the Factions seem to be somewhat even in all areas, Nuia/Haranya/Pirate. There hasn't really been a dominant faction in the daily PvP events like Mistmerrow or Halcyona, one side will win one day, the other side might win the next, and so on. If it also helps in terms of castles, currently the west has 4 castles, with one guild holding 2 of them with 2 separate guilds, while the east has 2 castles, both owned by the same guild.

I mean honestly, whether you're a returning or new player, you shouldn't choose Faction A over Faction B because they are currently the dominant group or because the top guild on the server is with that Faction. You also shouldn't feel like you need to pick a faction because they're the underdogs and they need whatever help or numbers they can get their hands on. You should pick whatever faction/race you want because that's what you want to play personally. If you want to be a little dwarf that can become some big robot, then be a dwarf. If you want to play a Firran cause you like cats, then be a Firran. If the idea of having extra swim speed and being able to hold your breathe underwater for longer sounds like you cause you wish to explore the sea, go Elf. Want a nice house by a large city? Go west and live in Marianople. Want to grow bananas in the jungle? Play east and reside in Mahadevi.

There are so many options for why you would want to play this faction or race over the others. In the end, especially for new players, pick what you feel like you'll have fun with so you can get the most play time out of ArcheAge.

Sillyfish
01-14-2017, 07:04 PM
It's always hard to get exact numbers when people only count the ones that come to events like MM or Halcy and they forget you do have those few players who stay hidden and wish to farm in peace/ stay out of PvP until they have what they feel is decent gear to survive, but so far in my opinion the Factions seem to be somewhat even in all areas, Nuia/Haranya/Pirate. There hasn't really been a dominant faction in the daily PvP events like Mistmerrow or Halcyona, one side will win one day, the other side might win the next, and so on. If it also helps in terms of castles, currently the west has 4 castles, with one guild holding 2 of them with 2 separate guilds, while the east has 2 castles, both owned by the same guild.

I mean honestly, whether you're a returning or new player, you shouldn't choose Faction A over Faction B because they are currently the dominant group or because the top guild on the server is with that Faction. You also shouldn't feel like you need to pick a faction because they're the underdogs and they need whatever help or numbers they can get their hands on. You should pick whatever faction/race you want because that's what you want to play personally. If you want to be a little dwarf that can become some big robot, then be a dwarf. If you want to play a Firran cause you like cats, then be a Firran. If the idea of having extra swim speed and being able to hold your breathe underwater for longer sounds like you cause you wish to explore the sea, go Elf. Want a nice house by a large city? Go west and live in Marianople. Want to grow bananas in the jungle? Play east and reside in Mahadevi.

There are so many options for why you would want to play this faction or race over the others. In the end, especially for new players, pick what you feel like you'll have fun with so you can get the most play time out of ArcheAge.

This was an excellent post. Thank you very much.

Jartor
01-16-2017, 10:46 AM
How is the faction divide here? What would you suggest to a returning or new player on where to roll?

Also posting this in the other fresh start forum for more information.

East outnumbers West by quite a significant margin, I'd say in most PvP scenarios you're looking at almost 2:1 depending on the time of day.

That being said, the East is a mess and guilds are constantly fighting eachother as opposed to the West which has a much more healthy community and people are much friendlier. Still pirate guilds, but not as savage.

Belewyn1779
01-17-2017, 10:05 AM
I think you'll find that there is an interesting Balance between powers at this point. Reports of East numbers out weighing West are speculative but seemingly accurate. As stated prior there does seem to be a more unstable faction dynamic on the East between the leading guilds and those not aligned. On the West the 2 largest guilds are allied and hold faction friendly terms in place. There is also the pirate faction to whom I must extend respected acknowledgment as they are run by LC with an almost absolute control. Just figured I would share my input :)