PDA

View Full Version : Vigil's Rest - Public Tradesman in Gweonid

Kaemik
01-31-2017, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/WNvtSpU.jpg

Now Open to Public!

We are located on the right hand side of the road as you enter Gweonid Forest from Lilyut Hills. The height of the building and proximity to the road make it easy to find. There is also a warehouse, mailbox, Mirage Isle portal and several crafting stations/merchants just behind us.

Services

Gweonid Fertilizer Packs - These packs make for a quick but profitable run to Two Crowns or Cinderstone. Our close proximity to Lilyut also cuts considerable time off of the run.

They are also great for over-ocean runs. With a quick run to the Dewstone coast, you can easily load them onto a merchant vessel and take them across to Ynystere, Villanelle, Solis Headlands, or Sanddeep.

Packs are most easily created at a station on the left hand side of the building but can also be created up top in the crafting area.

Resource Processing- The tradesman features the ability to quickly process lumber, leather, fabric, stone, and metal. You can use it to process single units with a faster action or do 10 or 100 at a time with the proper proficiency.

Regal Crafting Stations-

Regal Alchemy Station
Regal Anvil
Regal Handicraft Desk

(All regal stations coming eventually)

Roleplay

Due to popular demand (and the fact that there isn't much else to do with a public property), we're opening up Vigil's Rest as a roleplay hot spot. We've themed it as a roadside inn with a bar area (http://i.imgur.com/O0oKV2e.jpg), dining area, place to catch some rest (http://i.imgur.com/VwZL9Cu.jpg), or just a spot for quiet contemplation (http://i.imgur.com/9QAgJMB.jpg).

The owner is a known supporter of the vigilante group Harbingers of Freedom but keeps just enough distance to avoid any legal trouble. As such Vigil's Rest has become a hangout spot for those on the right side of morality but the wrong side of the law. They also stock some good elven wines, some special imports from the dwarven lands, and the trout is amazing.

Phillywob
02-01-2017, 12:22 AM
Here's to a profitable West! :D

Hii
02-01-2017, 12:26 AM
cannot wait to steal your packs.

How can you steal something that is given freely?

Kaemik
02-02-2017, 01:36 AM
Added in a regal alchemy station. I'll be adding more stations periodically until we have a full set. If people let me know which ones they would like to see I'll prioritize those ones first.

xCROv
02-02-2017, 07:08 AM
There is a weapon's house in ahnimar that I own that's open to public if anyone wants to use it.

Bear5peed
02-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Doin Nui's work breh

Phillywob
02-05-2017, 05:33 PM
Each time I stop by, I see someone new checking out the tradesman, particularly members from a lot of the smaller guilds. I'm happy to see it being used. :)

Kaemik
02-10-2017, 05:21 AM
Someone was asking if we knew were to find a regal anvil tonight. So one can now be found at Vigil's Rest. :)

Mihnie
02-10-2017, 10:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/WNvtSpU.jpg

Now Open to Public!

We are located on the right hand side of the road as you enter Gweonid Forest from Lilyut Hills. The height of the building and proximity to the road make it easy to find. There is also a warehouse, mailbox, Mirage Isle portal and several crafting stations/merchants just behind us.

Services

Gweonid Fertilizer Packs - These packs make for a quick but profitable run to Two Crowns or Cinderstone. Our close proximity to Lilyut also cuts considerable time off of the run.

They are also great for over-ocean runs. With a quick run to the Dewstone coast, you can easily load them onto a merchant vessel and take them across to Ynystere, Villanelle, Solis Headlands, or Sanddeep.

Packs are most easily created at a station on the left hand side of the building but can also be created up top in the crafting area.

Resource Processing- The tradesman features the ability to quickly process lumber, leather, fabric, stone, and metal. You can use it to process single units with a faster action or do 10 or 100 at a time with the proper proficiency.

Regal Crafting Stations-

Regal Alchemy Station
Regal Anvil
Regal Handicraft Desk

(All regal stations coming eventually)

Roleplay

Due to popular demand (and the fact that there isn't much else to do with a public property), we're opening up Vigil's Rest as a roleplay hot spot. We've themed it as a roadside inn with a bar area (http://i.imgur.com/O0oKV2e.jpg), dining area, place to catch some rest (http://i.imgur.com/VwZL9Cu.jpg), or just a spot for quiet contemplation (http://i.imgur.com/9QAgJMB.jpg).

The owner is a known supporter of the vigilante group Harbingers of Freedom but keeps just enough distance to avoid any legal trouble. As such Vigil's Rest has become a hangout spot for those on the right side of morality but the wrong side of the law. They also stock some good elven wines, some special imports from the dwarven lands, and the trout is amazing.

Nice! I'm not a big roleplayer but I do wanna check out the spot. I love decorated houses. It's also really sweet of you to open to the public :3

Kaemik
03-14-2017, 08:25 PM
We are unwilling to allow TTK to run packs from this tradesman. If the new player nation is formed and allied to the west, we will temporarily close this to the public until this situation blows over. It will be reopened the moment that this situation is resolved.

For now we are keeping it open while we wait to see if they can form the nation, and if our heros will accept the alliance.

Scorch04
03-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Not like your packs are that valuable to people lol

Vengeo
03-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Not like your packs are that valuable to people lol

I mean.. They are valuable... Just not to the group that Kaemik wishes to actually harm with this action.

Do you really think that not having access to a public tradehouse will in any way harm the theoretical TTK/TWO nation? If they don't already have access to one from their members (TWO/Allies being merged in have guild trade houses across the west already), they could trivially make one just to spite you.

I mean, I guess I could understand it from a 'putting pressure on the west to reject the alliance' standpoint, but you have to admit that's some pretty minor pressure, and it's highly unlikely it would apply directly to anyone on the hero council anyway.

Valoiz
03-15-2017, 11:16 AM
I mean.. They are valuable... Just not to the group that Kaemik wishes to actually harm with this action.

Do you really think that not having access to a public tradehouse will in any way harm the theoretical TTK/TWO nation? If they don't already have access to one from their members (TWO/Allies being merged in have guild trade houses across the west already), they could trivially make one just to spite you.

I mean, I guess I could understand it from a 'putting pressure on the west to reject the alliance' standpoint, but you have to admit that's some pretty minor pressure, and it's highly unlikely it would apply directly to anyone on the hero council anyway.

Sorry but where are the public tradehouse of TWO / WP? You steal packs from people who worked on your castles and not even cleanse your land - No idea why people say you do stuff from the Faction just cuz you dont steal fish and call sometimes parties for stuff, everbody can do that - Faction owns nothing to TWO / WP

And then use the "green pirate card" with others just cuz

https://thumb.ibb.co/nn2hwF/meme_rocket.jpg (https://ibb.co/nn2hwF)

Kaemik
03-15-2017, 11:49 AM
I think running Nuian packs and recruiting members of Nuia is exactly the reason this nation wants to be green with us.

I opened this tradesman to benefit to Nuian faction. And when I talked to the owner of the Airran Rock tradesman I heard they had done the same, for the same reason.

I was pretty shocked to see theirs shut down until I heard a rumor they had done it to deny the members of this player nation their packs. First off I agree with their sentiment in not feeding packs to our enemies. Secondly, I wish to show my support for their move in standing in solidarity with them.

I know a lot of groups that benefit from our tradesman that I don't want to deny packs for any longer than needed which is why I will not shut mine unless we actually approve an alliance with this new nation. But if we start allowing this new nation to exploit our infrastructure I'm afraid it will be time to shut that infrastructure down for the time being.

RyanPrime
03-15-2017, 11:50 AM
Sorry but where are the public tradehouse of TWO / WP? You steal packs from people who worked on your castles and not even cleanse your land - No idea why people say you do stuff from the Faction just cuz you dont steal fish and call sometimes parties for stuff, everbody can do that - Faction owns nothing to TWO / WP

And then use the "green pirate card" with others just cuz

https://thumb.ibb.co/nn2hwF/meme_rocket.jpg (https://ibb.co/nn2hwF)

Morty and I have a permanently public Tradehouse in ahnimar directly north of the crafter. We are members of the guilds you mentioned. What now?

Our reason for doing it isn't for the benefit of the faction, we did it because we were tired of people setting their tradehouses in ahnimar off public SPECIFICALLY when we wanted to run packs (more than once I had found someone who had their house set public and after crafting a couple packs there, they came and set it to guild so IMorty and I could not make more), so decided to build one to cuck all of the tradehouse owners there who set theirs to guild and screw over the prices for the packs. ♥♥♥♥ them all.

But the result is the same.

Vengeo
03-15-2017, 12:20 PM
I think running Nuian packs and recruiting members of Nuia is exactly the reason this nation wants to be green with us.

I think there's more to it than that. I think that the leadership of the nation (Read: TTK) doesn't feel that secure in their ability (read: votes) to form an alliance with the east, and on some level doesn't want to. They want to piggyback on a perception of power over the west that TWO comes to them with.

I say perception obviously because the actual amount of power that the currently-western players have over the west faction as a whole remains to be seen. Looking at the hero count *right now*, it's certainly favorable to them, but how many of those people will be willing to stay behind in order to secure the alliance? And of those who do, how many have the ability and dedication to remain in power after their guild's departure from the west inevitably leaves them stranded and struggling to maintain their positions?

Time will tell, I suppose. Looking at the board as it is right now, it looks pretty good for TWO/TTK but looking at the way things are likely to play out in the future, perhaps not so much. (Perhaps that's why there is such a strong drive from Trucidation and others for delay delay delay)

Kaemik
03-15-2017, 01:05 PM
@Ryan- Cool. Let TWO and TTK go there to make their Airran Rock and Gweonid packs then.

Scorch04
03-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Those 2 locations are worse in terms of profit compared to ahnimar lol

Kaemik
03-15-2017, 01:27 PM

Right. But like for instance I have 8 different routes I run not counting overseas runs or the facts there are different pack types I run along those routes. What I run is based on turn in %. I try to never run packs that are below 120%, even if the overall payout is higher the run length will make it inefficient when you factor in time. Even staging packs you have to have some diversity or you will crash the market for that run. Good luck to them if they are going to run your fert packs exclusively.

RyanPrime
03-15-2017, 01:28 PM

Ahnimar fert at 80% is still better than anywhere else.

RyanPrime
03-15-2017, 01:30 PM
Right. But like for instance I have 8 different routes I run not counting overseas runs or the facts there are different pack types I run along those routes. What I run is based on turn in %. I try to never run packs that are below 120%. Even staging packs you have to have some diversity or you will crash the market for that run. Good luck to them if they are going to run your fert packs exclusively.

we also have a lot of other things to do than run packs all day. Hell I could play the game and run 0 packs and be fine.

Kaemik
03-15-2017, 01:55 PM
Ahnimar fert at 80% is still better than anywhere else.

Annimar at 80%: 13.5732 in Solzreed, 13.5794 in Gweonid
Airran Rock at 130%: 18.1099 in Cinderstone, 15.2837 in Solzreed, 14.8103 in Gweonid
Gweonid at 130%: 15.5600 in Cinderstone, 13.6591 in Two Crowns

Now factor in the time requirements to run all that. Annimar is a 4 eco-feul run with a costume. Most of those are 3 eco-feul runs with Gweo>TC being a 2 eco run. So 3/4 to 1/2 of the time per run. And they require a single peace at most.

And you're going to have to move and stage A LOT of packs during double peace events if you want to run those as your only pack. Something you can't do if you are skipping peace to go contest Kracken like your alliance is telling everyone to do.

Don't try to talk to me about commerce. Whatever else you guys claim I don't know, I can promise you not a single member of your guilds can give better commerce info than I can.

RyanPrime
03-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Annimar at 80%: 13.5732 in Solzreed, 13.5794 in Gweonid
Airran Rock at 130%: 18.1099 in Cinderstone, 15.2837 in Solzreed, 14.8103 in Gweonid
Gweonid at 130%: 15.5600 in Cinderstone, 13.6591 in Two Crowns

Now factor in the time requirements to run all that. Annimar is a 4 eco-feul run with a costume. Most of those are 3 eco-feul runs with Gweo>TC being a 2 eco run. So 3/4 to 1/2 of the time per run. And they require a single peace at most.

Don't try to talk to me about commerce. Whatever else you guys claim I don't know, I can promise you not a single member of your guilds can give better commerce info than I can.

Your gear score is?

Kaemik
03-15-2017, 02:06 PM
Right, because higher gearscore makes you better at commerce.

https://archeagetools.com/nuia-tradepack-prices/

Run the math yourself. An Animar tradesman is nice, but there are reasons people who know a whole lot more about commerce than you do put down thousands of gold to build them in other locations.

RyanPrime
03-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Right, because higher gearscore makes you better at commerce.

https://archeagetools.com/nuia-tradepack-prices/

Run the math yourself. An Animar tradesman is nice, but there are reasons people who know a whole lot more about commerce than you do put down thousands of gold to build them in other locations.

We have trade houses in other areas. We put the one in Ahnimar specifically to cuck the prices and make all the other ~25 of them set to guild worthless.

Valoiz
03-16-2017, 07:39 AM
We have trade houses in other areas. We put the one in Ahnimar specifically to cuck the prices and make all the other ~25 of them set to guild worthless.

Truci tradehouse there has being public forever, also armory house and almost every mayor guild have a tradehouse there.... noones care

BTW theres 2 public tradehouse in GWE but HF is the closer to exit (saving RL time)

Didn't know about the public in Aiirain, i will look for it (ty Kaemik)

Valoiz
03-16-2017, 07:40 AM
Your gear score is?

When people lose all reason agains maths....

Kaemik
01-10-2018, 04:22 PM
In honor of the defeat of Gravewalker and Memento Mori at the hands of Kys, and how it has cleansed our faction of most of those we didn't want running our packs, we're going to be opening all three of our tradesman including Vigil's Rest to the public from 8PM PST tonight to 8PM PST of Wednesday next week.

You can find HoF tradesmans in Gweonid, on the southern coast of the Marianople river, and at the exit of the housing zone in Hellswamp. Our tradesman our easily identifiable by the harbinger flag pictured below. Let's get those packs running so the west can gear up and strike back against TTK!

https://i.imgur.com/0dVgQDz.png

Doodler
01-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Your gear score is?

Mines a negative...

Wait... does that mean I'm a potato?