PDA

View Full Version : Enigmatist soceting

H3nnessey
02-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Hello, I need some advice how to socet enigmatist? :| . ty in advance :)

Joooooooooooooooooooooohn
02-01-2017, 02:42 PM
Just Leech -> deep freeze-> meteor = win

H3nnessey
02-01-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm asking about lunagems :|

Fenhrirr
02-02-2017, 12:22 AM
5 piece obsidian armor (all but sash/sleeves)
Take the decreased cast time versions for the pants/shoes, take the normal mage type for the other obsidian items
Hatchet blade cloak, but take the crit %+ one over the defense pen because I believe that is better in 3.0
Get the Shadow Warrior's Shadows sleeves and Cruel Glory belt
All wave accessories besides rings (you want a life ring and a dream ring/ynys ring) unless you have a better necklace (warriors divine+ will do)
Divine obsidian scepter end goal epic/divine obsidian/ayanad
Obsidian phys def shield or wave shield epherium+
Epherium+ wave bow, obsidian stat stick bow is fine as well
Fantasia of Sorcery flute
don't gem physical defense or defense penetration, try attack speed/cast time/max mana/ class specific gems
STAT COSTUMES ARE WORTH IT IF YOU CAN AFFORD
If you cant get to divine, only go to t4 with celestial. If you have divine, only go to T5.
don't try to full gem celestial pants/shirt, just try for 4 gems of toughness/resil
Frosts = toughness or intelligence, received dmg 3% in shirt, increased crit dmg 8% in gloves
When tempering, only purchase the heroic grade tempers, the other ones are a scam
When you get a good scepter, put 2-3 of the crit dmg+ gems in it then do refines so you don't break them

(all advice is based on my own personal preferences, others might play differently and that doesn't mean their play style is incorrect)

Copy and paste from gear advice i sent someone a while ago, pls tell me if I missed anything

Sentient6
02-02-2017, 02:05 AM
I might add:

- -frigid tracks cast time gems in sash. 3-4 of the second tier are fine.
- imo 1-2 100 physical defense gems in endgame gear are fine if expensive
- mag def pene can still be worth it if you stack enough. But more or less only if you use staff. I am at 4k mag def pene with yny guardian ring stacks and epic T6 staff and it murders plate and is very noticeable against leather (8k -> 4k or 9k -> 5k is very noticeable). There isn't much else that is worth it gemming in flute/bow imo...

Gankmobile
02-02-2017, 07:51 AM
5 piece obsidian armor (all but sash/sleeves)
Take the decreased cast time versions for the pants/shoes, take the normal mage type for the other obsidian items
Hatchet blade cloak, but take the crit %+ one over the defense pen because I believe that is better in 3.0
Get the Shadow Warrior's Shadows sleeves and Cruel Glory belt
All wave accessories besides rings (you want a life ring and a dream ring/ynys ring) unless you have a better necklace (warriors divine+ will do)
Divine obsidian scepter end goal epic/divine obsidian/ayanad
Obsidian phys def shield or wave shield epherium+
Epherium+ wave bow, obsidian stat stick bow is fine as well
Fantasia of Sorcery flute
don't gem physical defense or defense penetration, try attack speed/cast time/max mana/ class specific gems
STAT COSTUMES ARE WORTH IT IF YOU CAN AFFORD
If you cant get to divine, only go to t4 with celestial. If you have divine, only go to T5.
don't try to full gem celestial pants/shirt, just try for 4 gems of toughness/resil
Frosts = toughness or intelligence, received dmg 3% in shirt, increased crit dmg 8% in gloves
When tempering, only purchase the heroic grade tempers, the other ones are a scam
When you get a good scepter, put 2-3 of the crit dmg+ gems in it then do refines so you don't break them

(all advice is based on my own personal preferences, others might play differently and that doesn't mean their play style is incorrect)

Copy and paste from gear advice i sent someone a while ago, pls tell me if I missed anything

I know its the usual debate, but why are you going shield w/ enig?

Newguy
02-02-2017, 09:25 AM
I know its the usual debate, but why are you going shield w/ enig?

More flexibility, i.e dont get blown up by drs since u can swap to shield and dw when you want. The real question is why you want the cast time pants outside of heavy arena 1v1/witchcraft specs, everything except frigid (belt gems decrease), meteor (usually dont run in open world), and arc lightning (rarely run outside of zeal specs) are instant casts and you're already pretty much at 70% or lower with ditty + whatever random potion buffs.

so if 1v1 or running some sort of songcraft zeal build in ow is a big thing for you, you'll want the cast speed pants. otherwise just get the stats from the +hp one.

H3nnessey
02-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Well atm I'm on GHA Celestial gear so just want to know which lunagems should I use for each gear. I just put attack speed in Hood. so how should I fill other peaces? btw I'm not running with tons of gold :d so looking for some cheap option.

GAiNZ
02-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Well atm I'm on GHA Celestial gear so just want to know which lunagems should I use for each gear. I just put attack speed in Hood. so how should I fill other peaces? btw I'm not running with tons of gold :d so looking for some cheap option.

depends how long u intend to stay in gha gear i think. toughness gems in pants, recieved damage 3% decrease and resilience gems in shirt then bank honor until you get your obsidian or crafted gear is my advice. :D

Myrgatroid
02-02-2017, 05:50 PM
More flexibility, i.e dont get blown up by drs since u can swap to shield and dw when you want. The real question is why you want the cast time pants outside of heavy arena 1v1/witchcraft specs, everything except frigid (belt gems decrease), meteor (usually dont run in open world), and arc lightning (rarely run outside of zeal specs) are instant casts and you're already pretty much at 70% or lower with ditty + whatever random potion buffs.

so if 1v1 or running some sort of songcraft zeal build in ow is a big thing for you, you'll want the cast speed pants. otherwise just get the stats from the +hp one.

Wtb tomorrow's instacast meteor today.

Fenhrirr
02-02-2017, 11:53 PM
I play a ♥♥♥♥load of mage classes, so I gear for what works best for a mage overall. I personally have the health pants, but I feel cast time is a very important part of playing mage and would have those pants if the person crafting mine didn't mess up. If you are playing enigmatist in a serious raid vs raid, you are doing something wrong. Again though, it is up to personal style, and whether or not you want to main only one class or play more than one.

Newguy
02-03-2017, 10:47 AM
dude asked about enigmatist nothing about raid/mage balling. Even in a mage ball, it's not like you're frequently casting meteor.

Not sure how many serious raid vs raid you've done. but its either a roflstomp one way or another. When it's not, (numbers + gs allign) then healers carry because nothing actually dies and melees/archers have to do the picking off to tip the mageball, you or your raid being in casting speed pants isn't fight winning. on the plus side spirit gives u mdef.?