PDA

View Full Version : To the West: We Got This!

HMCannabis
02-01-2017, 01:40 PM
Let me start by saying my in game name is Lucky. So here is the thing we know that the east dominates in world events and that the west dominates at internal strife and conflict. Most differences are small and minor others might have more merit behind them. With that being said we can keep going down the path of failure we are on or we can forget about past transgressions and do a little bit of uniting for the betterment of every ones endgame content.

We know most of what goes on and with the blood lust, same faction pirating, and what guilds are behind it. We also know that Warrior Poets are the biggest and most powerful guild in our faction. With any big guild they have rouge members sometimes that do anti faction things but does not represent the guild as a whole. I have seen many times they help people rather it is getting packs to freedrich or PVP helping getting quests done in Auroria. I will concede that WP is about WP over faction but so is every other guild big or small east or west. I am not trying to call WP out for anything they are just they hottest name in our faction right now and being so gets a lot of unfair blame for the condition of our faction. Key word in that last sentence is our faction because its not the responsibility of one guild or one person but all of together to make sure that the world events go better and are more populated.

As for Halcyona Battle we have a failed strategy from jump street. We can actually get comparable numbers to show up from all guilds just as we do at MM. By the way we are competitive in MM because the starting points dictate that we move and don't sit in enclosed base that is easy to throw 10 meteors on and wipe 2 raids. Contest the golems in the open field with both raids instead of waiting at base in Halcyona we will have more success like we do in MM. The OC raid is the same people want to charge in 1 at a time instead of using a strat that could work if patience and coordination were used or wait where the eye spawns and in a nice tight group and let them just wipe us with a few mages.

So the good news is we are not that far away from being competitive with the east just a little bit more cooperation and better start and we are there. We know some guilds will always be who the are and will always be green pirate guilds that are to crappy to actually go be real pirates but we can't let that
dictate who we are as a faction. I here the people from Filthy Few saying they want to be pro faction and a few other green pirate guilds saying the same but for one excuse or another they can't. So that being said lets start fresh in our faction and try to let everything in the past be just that in the past. Everyone x up for events or go to events and at least try and help. If the first raid fills up at an event start a second raid instead of giving up and be okay with being in a second raid and give it a chance to grow before leaving. Try new strats and when at the events listen to the raid leader and raid leaders listen to new ideas from your members and try to deploy new strats to keep the other faction on their toes.

I know I will get laughed at and told that this is a pipe dream for one reason or another but it can work. If you want to see proof look across the ocean at the east faction. It is the reason they are in the position they are in and we are not. Yeah TTFK and AS might be dicks to there faction but come event time the play nice and work together. Our faction has the desire to work together I challenge the guild leaders to do just that and lead. If someone calls out in faction don't troll them get your guild together and go help them. The green pirates will go away and you will find trust in our faction and the members of our faction will want to help back in return. It will eventually take on a life of its own and become a positive instead of the cancer we have now. For what it is worth----------Lucky.

Kaemik
02-01-2017, 02:02 PM
The old leader of Trinity once told me. *Paraphrased* "You can't abuse your own faction as long as Nemo has, and then say you've turned over a new leaf and expect everyone to forgive you. They've stolen too much from this faction, if we stop killing them now it shows people you can just steal all you want from our faction and then just say you want to be good guys now the moment you start to feel the repercussions."

It's a sentiment I tend to agree with. That's not saying that what you're asking for is a bad idea.

The question is, if we allow a diplomatic reset, what are the guilds who have been green pirates for so long going to do to demonstrate their sincerity to the rest of the faction? If they can do something that causes them a bit of pain or requires some sacrifice and benefits the rest of the faction, that's the point I'm personally going to be ok with some kind of diplomatic reset. Because from personal experience with Warrior Poets, every time we take them off KOS they just do something else to get back on it, and that's a dance I have no more patience for.

Smittens
02-01-2017, 02:17 PM
Hi Lucky!

To the point made, it's always interesting during a servers life at what point infighting really begins to take root. I think it happened rather fast this AA cycle, but most of us have been here before so who's to say it isn't at a normal pace in keeping with experience.

As to the WP side of things , I've always held a conservative view; I'm prideful of our long history with it's ups and downs. We manage to do the things we want to do, in whatever game we play. That said besides our tenure we do much the same every other guild strives to do. We put our members first, we defend ourselves, and pride ourselves on our ability. We're in the same position every other western guild is and I'd wager eastern as well. Attendance has taken a nose dive .. but this is AA and modern gaming. We've lofty goals and we lose our fair share, we want to contribute to meaningful content on the server but have fallen short at times. We came over with a handful that wanted to just enjoy a fresh AA experience and found ourselves pushing for a castle and content. We have wonderful allies who helped every step of the way; TWO, PL, FN, Fire Nation, Solaris, BS, and many more.

That said there will always be heated moments and words shared in anger, but those don't last long. We are here to have fun, in whatever way we can. Whether that be nailing down all the content until we're told no by a large alliance as we did in Legacy, or nabbing a castle with good folks to see how long we can hold onto it before XL's design flips it to the next in line.

To sum up this lengthy reply " Hi Lucky, we're here to have fun ... and at least we aren't Trucidation "

Kaemik
02-01-2017, 02:37 PM
That said besides our tenure we do much the same every other guild strives to do. We put our members first, we defend ourselves, and pride ourselves on our ability.

Every other guild puts their own members first in terms of how they use their resources. Obviously when I get a bunch of gold in I spend a lot of it on myself, and a lot of it on my guild and aside from our public tradesman and spare burning logs we harvest we don't do much in the way of handouts to the rest of the faction.

But to pretend like that makes us the same is disingenuous, because it's overlooking one major thing. The fact that (our KOS list aside) we don't steal from the rest of our faction. When we see another green standing at a burning stump or carrying a pack, we defend them. When we see reds stealing green fishing boats, we kill them and return it to the owners. When we are at a tree farm in a PvP zone we work with the other greens to defend the farm against reds, and let the fastest choppers take the spoils. When I see a green disconnected on a cart I sit on their cart until they reconnect then hand it back.

That's the difference. Yes we are guild first in how we spend resources we've earned for ourselves but we don't steal from the rest of the faction just to get ourselves further ahead. Warrior Poets and many of your allies do. And that's why we don't trust you.

Yes every guild gets bad apples. One of our members (Zarosxs) started randomly purpling on greens just a couple days ago. And the moment he was found out we booted him. WP has members that have been problems for a long time that you refuse to deal with.

HMCannabis
02-01-2017, 02:49 PM
I have friends in many guilds and try to be neutral in all the guild in fighting. The only time I call out in faction chat is to warn others of scammers or green pirates. Even wehn I lose packs I don't get mad or take it personal. Trucidation is a crap guild with crap people that have crap streamers that live in their moms basement (LOL at 20+ year old male streamer calling behind him to mom to bring him something on stream than turn around and act like a tough green pirate.). Even Ryan who has been known to green pirate helps faction a lot still through knowledge and answering new peoples questions. I understand that people will always harbor ill will towards certain people or certain guilds. During events though we should put that stuff aside and pretend our guild is the western faction and be competitive in end game content. We are getting better and the gear gap is slowly closing. I know that I personally suck but I will still show up and try.

HMCannabis
02-01-2017, 02:59 PM
I can say first hand that Shadowbane does this, He protected my pack last night than killed himself so I could get it back. Thank you for that. I can also say that I would have lost a ton of packs I didn't if it wasn't for Warrior Poets protecting me and other greens from a host of different guilds that they helped get their packs in as well on Freedich Isle. I am thankful for the good that everyone does and just want to say thank you to everyone that helps others in trouble from their faction.

Jartor
02-01-2017, 03:13 PM
I once talked to someone who didn't like Finding Nemo, but wasn't strong enough to fight them

If you got off your ♥♥♥ and went to Freedich or did something relevant in a while you might see our raid carrying friendly guilds through content.

We aren't pirates, and I'm frankly baffled you think your complaints and screenshots about our players PvPing is going to make me upset. We are pro-faction, have been pro-faction, and continue to help people who aren't complete ♥♥♥♥♥ for no reason.

HoF is worse than Nemo ever was.

Kaemik
02-01-2017, 03:46 PM
We killed Nemo plenty. Have a nice video of where someone called for help in faction chat after being purpled on by Nemos. We showed up rode into the middle of the Nemo ranks. Then sat there waiting for them to purple as I revived the guy they had been camping (basically because we were confident in the win and didn't want to waste infamy points) and wiped them all when they did. Then of course they moaned about us in faction chat and ask why we always purple. Unfortunately it's before I switched from flv or whatever OBS uses as it's default format to .mp4 so the only editor I can find that works for it makes it look like pixelated crap. But I can upload it if you really want proof.

We also do plenty of stuff outside the safezones. You yourself were there when we killed some Algea Squad stealing Ursa Major packs at the Karkasse airship and returned them to their owners. We also run fishing boats and have saved numerous green boats from reds and have been doing ocean runs. And we had quite a presence in Calmlands when braziers were more profitable.

But as your own member Dwarf told someone last night, many of your members are just looking for any excuse to purple on greens. As one of the groups you listed as allies in this thread told me when I came to the server. "Watch out for Warrior Poets, they aren't really faction friendly they just pretend to be." And as we've seen first hand you will purple on and steal from those you call your allies. You were never pro-faction, will never be pro-faction, and will continue to purple for profit any time it suits your purposes. Just as you purpled on Lethality and a Privateer last night. Just as you purpled on us early on. Just as you have purpled on Alright. Just as you have purpled on Ripple Effect. Just as you have purpled on Phoenix Legion. Just as you have purpled on No Life. Just like you purpled Cutie Patooties.

Anyone who believes you are still pro-faction at this point must be living under a rock.

Jartor
02-01-2017, 03:50 PM
You are basically Buzzfeed compressed into a human being and given a keyboard to roll it's face across.

Kaemik
02-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Annnnd you default to insults when the facts aren't going your way. Surprised you couldn't find a way to work the word "meme" into that post a few dozen times. I rest my case.

Smittens
02-01-2017, 04:44 PM
Annnnd you default to insults when the facts aren't going your way. Surprised you couldn't find a way to work the word "meme" into that post a few dozen times. I rest my case.

Isn't HoF the alt guild of LC?

Jartor
02-01-2017, 04:58 PM
@Lucky

Back on topic, instead of the absolute AIDS forum drama hound derailing posts. For the most part, if you want an agreement or a friend/help, message a WP. We'll hook you up.

Thank you for the shout-outs and I hope to see you out there, Papa Bless

ReyRey
02-01-2017, 04:58 PM
We killed Nemo plenty. Have a nice video of where someone called for help in faction chat after being purpled on by Nemos. We showed up rode into the middle of the Nemo ranks. Then sat there waiting for them to purple as I revived the guy they had been camping (basically because we were confident in the win and didn't want to waste infamy points) and wiped them all when they did. Then of course they moaned about us in faction chat and ask why we always purple. Unfortunately it's before I switched from flv or whatever OBS uses as it's default format to .mp4 so the only editor I can find that works for it makes it look like pixelated crap. But I can upload it if you really want proof.

We also do plenty of stuff outside the safezones. You yourself were there when we killed some Algea Squad stealing Ursa Major packs at the Karkasse airship and returned them to their owners. We also run fishing boats and have saved numerous green boats from reds and have been doing ocean runs. And we had quite a presence in Calmlands when braziers were more profitable.

But as your own member Dwarf told someone last night, many of your members are just looking for any excuse to purple on greens. As one of the groups you listed as allies in this thread told me when I came to the server. "Watch out for Warrior Poets, they aren't really faction friendly they just pretend to be." And as we've seen first hand you will purple on and steal from those you call your allies. You were never pro-faction, will never be pro-faction, and will continue to purple for profit any time it suits your purposes. Just as you purpled on Lethality and a Privateer last night. Just as you purpled on us early on. Just as you have purpled on Alright. Just as you have purpled on Ripple Effect. Just as you have purpled on Phoenix Legion. Just as you have purpled on No Life. Just like you purpled Cutie Patooties.

Anyone who believes you are still pro-faction at this point must be living under a rock.

We pk you guys because you are the HRG of the west..... You been talking crap about WP since the beginning so if I am a betting man I would bet that we wont stop killing HOF for packs.. Me personally would never purple unless I am protecting a guild mate or killing Purple pirates...

Kepala Butoh Returns
02-01-2017, 06:11 PM
So here is the thing we know that the east dominates in world events and that the west dominates at internal strife and conflict.

I nearly LOLed in office.

Belewyn1779
02-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Lucky, I would love to see our faction strengthen and grow. As Smitten has stated, activity numbers are significantly smaller than previous weeks. On the opposite side of that coin players are also growing stronger at a solid rate. In regards to the responses from Kaemic...I will not waste my breathe. The responses from other share the sentiment nearly a majority of the West does for his green pirate, forum warrior guild.
All in all, there are many guilds from the West that have been working together on mutual efforts. Beck from Privateers and the alliance the have founded for example. Or No Life and their Lusca raids. My own guild has extended diplomatic ties to select guilds as has our Ally WP. If you would like to dicuss in more detail I would be glad to extend and invite to TWO TS or if you prefer be willing to come to your TS/Discord.
Cheers ♡

xCROv
02-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Lucky, I would love to see our faction strengthen and grow. As Smitten has stated, activity numbers are significantly smaller than previous weeks. On the opposite side of that coin players are also growing stronger at a solid rate. In regards to the responses from Kaemic...I will not waste my breathe. The responses from other share the sentiment nearly a majority of the West does for his green pirate, forum warrior guild.
All in all, there are many guilds from the West that have been working together on mutual efforts. Beck from Privateers and the alliance the have founded for example. Or No Life and their Lusca raids. My own guild has extended diplomatic ties to select guilds as has our Ally WP. If you would like to dicuss in more detail I would be glad to extend and invite to TWO TS or if you prefer be willing to come to your TS/Discord.
Cheers ♡

Exactly. If your goal is working together with the faction and these guilds doing content the best thing to do is to avoid these forums like the plague. You have guilds on the forums that have no relevance in-game that puff up and try to act big. Belewyn is our Ambassador for reaching out to other guilds and shes a great person to talk with if your goal is working on content or getting to know others. Best of luck and feel free to whisper me in-game if you need anything! :o

Bear5peed
02-02-2017, 10:53 AM
whisper whisper, secret alliances, grumble grumble very danaganagerous brazil

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mssd.gif

Raeliq
02-03-2017, 09:39 PM
I'll echo Kaemik's sentiment, being the GM of Unforgiven and doing our darndest to be pro-faction, it's hard to turn the other cheek towards guilds who have repeatedly, blatantly and without distinction subscribed to the notion of purple profiteering.

The reason Green Piracy seems to be rampant and on the rise is because there is ZERO accountability to the faction...purple up on me today, tomorrow we are raiding GR/CR together. That sort of lack of accountability makes it so that there is literally zero downside to purple profiteering.

Additionally, although it has been better as of late...when green pirates go to trial they need to be sent to jail. To stay a green pirate, one should have to work at it, and when I see people repeatedly getting inno that are from known green pirate guilds it makes it so much easier for them to just keep doing what they are doing with no downside. I know the trial system is wonky as hell, and sometimes you're just going to get lucky and have a favorable jury, but that should be the exception not the rule.

No guild is going to put the faction ahead of the guild that's an unreasonable, my duty is to my members who also happen to enjoy being for the faction. With that being said, until such time that the faction as a whole decides to turn it's back on Green Pirates we will continue to be weaker as a whole.

DiirtyDevve
02-04-2017, 12:37 PM
I like tacos

Notdurpmen
02-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Damn dudes. The amount of over analysis here is incredible. The server is still in its zerg phase... Its gaurenteed that the west will overcome the east necause while you claim to be the masters of internal strife the east is actually that. The west will continue to make thousamds of gold from gaurenteed safe runs while the east remains poor and only those doing content get semi rich.

Having to spend all your time chasing the worst content in the game leaves us with very little time to make personal money for gear. Leadership greed and general scumbaggery leave those without the ability to swipe in the dust until we get the player appreciation boxes... Which are coming soon dont worry.

So instead of wasting your time with ♥♥♥♥ty drama posts disguised as a morale post just go back to making gold and playing a game with the freedom of not doing "content." You have alot more time to spend having fun.

BluE
02-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Created a forum account just to talk on this post.

Harbringers Of Freedom, you guys are trash. You're all literally keyboard warriors that sit in Two Crowns all day talking ♥♥♥♥ and maxing anyone that you dislike.
That being said... <Finding Nemo> Is completely pro-faction. You all treat green pirates as if they're actual pirates or haranyans, you all talk about wanting to do content, but the only people actually doing content is WP and TWO. (Mostly WP from what I've seen). Hell, even <Finding Nemo> who has been green pirate from the start assisted in taking abyssal attack for the green faction, and we have people like Kaemik talking ♥♥♥♥ about us.

In any case though, the point I'm trying to make is that the people who call themselves "Pro Faction" don't actually do stuff for the faction. And the way you talk about green pirates is as if we're some scum that can never be worked with. We're here to play the game, we're here to dominate the game if possible, we just find enjoyment through both PvE and constant PvP. We've made alliances and helped the faction much, much more than other guilds but all these pro west people have yet to even attempt to reach out to Finding Nemo about content and ♥♥♥♥ (apart from TWO and WP).

TL;DR <Finding Nemo> has never been anti-faction and would love to participate in events with the faction, it's just faction doesn't actually want to participate in events, they just want to cry. If you guys want ♥♥♥♥ done you gotta actually talk to leadership of guilds and work something out, don't just sit there and expect everyone to conform to the standards of play you limit yourselves to. (this obviously doesn't go for everyone.)

Sincerely,

~ Blu

Kepala Butoh Returns
02-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Created a forum account just to talk on this post.

Harbringers Of Freedom, you guys are trash. You're all literally keyboard warriors that sit in Two Crowns all day talking ♥♥♥♥ and maxing anyone that you dislike.
That being said... <Finding Nemo> Is completely pro-faction. You all treat green pirates as if they're actual pirates or haranyans, you all talk about wanting to do content, but the only people actually doing content is WP and TWO. (Mostly WP from what I've seen). Hell, even <Finding Nemo> who has been green pirate from the start assisted in taking abyssal attack for the green faction, and we have people like Kaemik talking ♥♥♥♥ about us.

In any case though, the point I'm trying to make is that the people who call themselves "Pro Faction" don't actually do stuff for the faction. And the way you talk about green pirates is as if we're some scum that can never be worked with. We're here to play the game, we're here to dominate the game if possible, we just find enjoyment through both PvE and constant PvP. We've made alliances and helped the faction much, much more than other guilds but all these pro west people have yet to even attempt to reach out to Finding Nemo about content and ♥♥♥♥ (apart from TWO and WP).

TL;DR <Finding Nemo> has never been anti-faction and would love to participate in events with the faction, it's just faction doesn't actually want to participate in events, they just want to cry. If you guys want ♥♥♥♥ done you gotta actually talk to leadership of guilds and work something out, don't just sit there and expect everyone to conform to the standards of play you limit yourselves to. (this obviously doesn't go for everyone.)

Sincerely,

~ Blu

Well said.