PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 armor changes question

SoulPurge
02-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Hi i read that in 3.5 leather sets will lose the attack speed and critical rates so will this make the set useless for melee dps classes? just trying to plan ahead for my gear choices

Thanks

Lancet
02-08-2017, 07:57 AM
I could be wrong, but it's seeming the bonuses attributed to the actual type (cloth, leather, plate) are being nerfed or outright removed, while the grade-bonuses (+penetration/crit rate on cloth, +crit dmg/healing on leather, -%dmg/+def on plate) are staying.

At least, that's what I've gleaned.

Ickarnage
02-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Op you correct attack speed and critical are removed from the set bonus. . Plate is buffed while cloth and leather get nefs. Plate still has no mind and gems can no longer make up for it as well as before 3.1. Leather or a plate leather mix will become new standard imo.

Gamemako
02-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Thread on changes (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?312269-Upcoming-Arche-update-skill-discussion-(new-skills-balance-changes)) for you. Yes, equip set bonus loses crit rate and attack speed; grade bonus still has attack speed.

Leather or a plate leather mix will become new standard imo.

I still don't see a compelling reason to hybridize armor types. You can even put mage stats on your leather Ipnir gear if you want. If you go 4/7 leather, you only shift stats toward physical defense (no net gain) and lose your CC reduction. If you go 4/7 plate, you lose the CC protection, critical damage, attack speed, evasion and trip protection; you get instead extra physical defense, BDR, and block/parry. Rather frequently, the block/parry and evasion are going to be pretty similar benefits (3% vs. 2.7% cele / 3.2% divine), and you're going to end up with lower health overall because your leather pieces don't contribute to the grade bonus and you lose the 5% max health boost. For example numbers, full divine Ayanad Desert plate with no other gear is 19697 health, 4/7 with swapped leather of the same variety is 16777, and full leather is 18338.

I'm simply not convinced you should mix armor types. There might be some edge cases where it could provide potential benefit, but I have yet to find them.

Vicksin
02-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Thread on changes (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?312269-Upcoming-Arche-update-skill-discussion-(new-skills-balance-changes)) for you. Yes, equip set bonus loses crit rate and attack speed; grade bonus still has attack speed.

I still don't see a compelling reason to hybridize armor types. You can even put mage stats on your leather Ipnir gear if you want. If you go 4/7 leather, you only shift stats toward physical defense (no net gain) and lose your CC reduction. If you go 4/7 plate, you lose the CC protection, critical damage, attack speed, evasion and trip protection; you get instead extra physical defense, BDR, and block/parry. Rather frequently, the block/parry and evasion are going to be pretty similar benefits (3% vs. 2.7% cele / 3.2% divine), and you're going to end up with lower health overall because your leather pieces don't contribute to the grade bonus and you lose the 5% max health boost. For example numbers, full divine Ayanad Desert plate with no other gear is 19697 health, 4/7 with swapped leather of the same variety is 16777, and full leather is 18338.

I'm simply not convinced you should mix armor types. There might be some edge cases where it could provide potential benefit, but I have yet to find them.

I have mixed gear 2 pieces of plate (obsidian plate legs and a plate belt) to wield a two hand club, worked fine. I don't see the point in doing it after 3.5 though, as Erenor leather will become available to casters, healers especially will gain the most benefit, due to the fact that spirit is 1-1 magic defense and putting more physical defense gems in, will keep healers pretty sturdy in open world pvp. the cc buff on cloth is getting nerfed, but songcraft healers will have the startling strain buff. There is only one thing that bothers me, there is no counter to the aoe charm buff it would of been better had xlgames buffed mirrors light to have an aoe dispell.

Jharod
02-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Should Cleric go for erenor leather then? I thought that the gear type skewed the chance of rolling stats (cloth would be more likely to roll healer stats) and since the reroll item is pretty expensive it would suck to have to try many times.

Seether
02-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Sooo what is your guys opinion on 3.5 armor for a Stone Arrow...i currently run leather (though i love using plate in Arena)...Just don't want to finish up any sets since we are in limbo...

Ickarnage
02-10-2017, 11:29 AM
I have mixed gear 2 pieces of plate (obsidian plate legs and a plate belt) to wield a two hand club, worked fine. I don't see the point in doing it after 3.5 though, as Erenor leather will become available to casters, healers especially will gain the most benefit, due to the fact that spirit is 1-1 magic defense and putting more physical defense gems in, will keep healers pretty sturdy in open world pvp. the cc buff on cloth is getting nerfed, but songcraft healers will have the startling strain buff. There is only one thing that bothers me, there is no counter to the aoe charm buff it would of been better had xlgames buffed mirrors light to have an aoe dispell.

Have you seen the reqs for Erenor gear? . The normal player will prob never see any erenor gear or at least it will be very very long. . The cost to make erenor item is well over 60k at curent prices.

Nahlem
02-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Sooo what is your guys opinion on 3.5 armor for a Stone Arrow...i currently run leather (though i love using plate in Arena)...Just don't want to finish up any sets since we are in limbo...

all sets are losing 50% of their tier buff *cloth : cast time / magic dmg, leather: crit/attack speed and so on*, id continue as is for now till we actually see what NA gets vs what Korean get in 3.5.

Vicksin
02-10-2017, 02:57 PM
Should Cleric go for erenor leather then? I thought that the gear type skewed the chance of rolling stats (cloth would be more likely to roll healer stats) and since the reroll item is pretty expensive it would suck to have to try many times.

Each type, flame,gale,wave, life, and earth starts with it's basic stat, so you can get life and start with spirit.

Vicksin
02-10-2017, 03:01 PM
Have you seen the reqs for Erenor gear? . The normal player will prob never see any erenor gear or at least it will be very very long. . The cost to make erenor item is well over 60k at curent prices.

Save your wisps. https://percymeetsarcheage.wordpress.com/2017/01/22/archeage-3-5-mana-wisps/ and here's a little more on the set. https://percymeetsarcheage.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/archeage-3-5-more-on-erenor-gear/#more-2714