PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Feature Guide: Classes and Crafting

Scapes
04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
http://www.archeagegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/AA_ENV_Crafting_04_952x414.jpg (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/archeage-feature-guide-classes-and-crafting/)

In the world of ArcheAge, choosing your own path is not just about where you go or what activities you partake in, but also who your character is and becomes. In this week’s Feature Guide, we take a look at the combat classes and crafting skills you can mix and match to ultimately create a character all your own.

HeSnnsOzyhU

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/04/archeage-feature-guide-classes-and-crafting/)

Joshseb
04-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Hello.
I just want to say to all to you guys: You are going excellent, thanks for maintaining ppl updated.
Waiting for the release.

Spar_10
04-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Really enjoyed the video. Even learned a few things. Cant wait to get my hands on this game. Great job guys!

Dipcihino
04-19-2014, 03:10 AM
i have never seen this kind of crafting before at any game

Loonloon
04-19-2014, 04:01 AM
I'm so eager to play this game already.... wow you make me so nervous :D

Hope open beta comes soon... >_<

Awesome class and crafting guide thank you for the introduction!

Phenomenon
04-19-2014, 05:06 AM
Crafting looks so promising! Very unique and overall realy good design in this aspect of the game. Hopes up for this game!

mza325
04-19-2014, 05:53 AM
please dont hype or im gona explode

tonsrd
04-19-2014, 06:17 AM
carnt wait to get my hands on this and try diffenrt classes

Stela
04-19-2014, 06:52 AM
Did I correctly understand the example image used by Scapes, re: the skills in which the player had chosen to invest points in, i.e., that the player has only invested points in 5 of the 8 skills available?

Clickable image: :)

http://i.imgur.com/f8EhKEol.png (http://i.imgur.com/f8EhKEo.png)

Rellondir
04-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks for posting this, Scapes!
This certainly helped me learn a few things!

ToriRen
04-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Already figured out what my classes will be. I'm excited to test them out in the game when it comes out! And thanks again for updating so often!

Andruss
04-19-2014, 11:34 AM
I have been waiting on this info. I think I am more excited about the crafting and economy than anything else.

Ruse
04-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Wooo hoo! Very exciting stuff :D The fact that writing music to play and printing sheet music is a possibility makes me stupidly happy.

Rellondir
04-19-2014, 03:08 PM
Wooo hoo! Very exciting stuff :D The fact that writing music to play and printing sheet music is a possibility makes me stupidly happy.

Ikr! Me too!

Skyn
04-19-2014, 04:18 PM
That guide was pretty good !! Waiting on the next one to be able to talk about it more :) !! Thanks Scapes !!

Druenos
04-20-2014, 04:53 AM
Loving the class and crafting system, so many choices, i can't wait:)

Yulric
04-20-2014, 08:48 AM
The variety is Amazing.

Ryuna
04-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Great guide! It was very informative. :)

Hard
04-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Interesting to see this, can't wait to try it out myself.

Pinsir99
04-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Wow, this makes me even more excited now x.x

Sanith
04-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Really enjoyed this weeks livestream and folowing post on classes and crafting :-) looking forward to be a part of this community for a long time to come.

Akito2y
04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the enlightenment.

Archeman
04-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Sup Guys/Gals

Can proficiencies be resetted? If so, do you loose any proficiency level you gained in the pass if you go back to it?

VikingGamer
04-21-2014, 09:01 AM
On the subject of combat combos, because they are synergies based on status effects that does mean that other players can set and use the synergies right?
What I mean is, one character could set a boss on fire with a fire ball and another mage could use a freezing arrow to get the status effect correct?
I would think so but I was just wondering if someone in the alpha could confirm this.

Himmli
04-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Does the gathering skill mastery leveled up also increase the "crit chance" of getting a green item from gathering?

wppt
04-21-2014, 11:44 AM
On the subject of combat combos, because they are synergies based on status effects that does mean that other players can set and use the synergies right?
What I mean is, one character could set a boss on fire with a fire ball and another mage could use a freezing arrow to get the status effect correct?
I would think so but I was just wondering if someone in the alpha could confirm this.

From what I've seen in streams it works for those you're partied/raided with but I'm not sure if it works with any friendly like it does in GW2.

Azka
04-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you for the useful guide. We need all the english info you can provide ;)

Ajitae
04-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Can't wait to build stuff and farm
as well as level up and game play!
Desperate to play here :(

BlackCobalt
04-21-2014, 07:28 PM
The guide from Scapes and Firecait showed a lot of basic to get players going when they first enter the world of AA. As a trader if you make a few sets of armour is there a vendor that you can place them on to sell like we had in swg. And is there a banking system. I ask because it looks as if AA is heavy in crafting and trading and if your a solo crafter/trader you need to be able too house your goods or store them.

I also wanted too ask about the gate that scapes and firecait opened to their house and the crowd came through...anyway to stop that.

Schrub17
04-21-2014, 08:06 PM
You guys... I'm gonna cry because I can't play this game! It's so good!

Schrub

heresy
04-21-2014, 09:09 PM
i think its cool to see all the different crafts..... if i can make a suggestion can we please have a bag specifically for crafting im a little fearful when i go do some crafting it will fill all my bags up and i cant keep looting mobs

Inaudiblesiren
04-21-2014, 09:37 PM
This game seems to have the most class combos and skills that I have ever seen I'm extremely excited to try them out myself. Keep up the good work I'm glad to see where this game is going myself.

Monkey Overlord
04-21-2014, 10:04 PM
The feature I anticipate the most is character skill customization. I love the freedom to mix any skill set with another.

I wish the article explained how often skill points were obtained but I will learn soon enough!

Katarina
04-21-2014, 11:53 PM
I have to say after reading this Article this truly turns me away from Arche Age because.

1.) The game has no innovation, Tell me as a developer other than fancy Graphics, Art-Work, and Music/Sound, what have you done that no other game company has done before, or very few have done.

2.) Why are you using (Skill Points Based System) Why not simply allow players to purchase Skill Sets where players can customize such and freely assign their skill points in town/reset with a click of a button on the interface rather than having to run to a NPC Constantly (Guild Wars 2) changed this recently.

In the least why not a system like Dark Fall Unholy Wars as far as classes go.

3.) Crafting, My god, why are players limited on crafting, I am a fan of crafting its what I do in every MMO why are you limiting me to what I can maximize my crafts to with Points get rid of this its awful.

To me your crafting system looks very old and generic the same crafts that every game has beyond a few changes to make the game feel more polished generally same exact things over and over that every MMO has done especially with limiting players on how far they can level crafts rather than setting a cap, honestly I would keep playing a game if I had no limits on leveling and had to spend a month or two more to level a craft to max level it would keep me playing.

4.) Why is there no Wardrobe in the game why can't players freely customize their looks like GW2, but better yet like Runes OF Magic?

5.) Where is the unique housing, where is the ability to put crafting tables in my own house like in Rift?

In general some players might enjoy this game, but let me be honest, my friends wanted me playing Elder Scrolls online, I paid $70 for imperial edition, the game was released the game had many bugs I reported that were not fixed during Beta, the game has a memory leak, and they wanted to charge me $14.95 before my 30 days so I only played 5 day head-start didn't even use my game code yet the game was an absolute failure.

This Game I don't know yet, but this game based on this information I have seen offers nothing innovative that really hasn't been done before, looks like a game I would not pay a subscription for, and if the game is Free 2 Play perhaps I might give it a try, but if its Pay 2 Enjoy, or Pay 2 Win I won't be playing for sure, if its like Rift then sure ill play it for awhile maybe till I get bored and find something else.

This is what I truly think of this game based off this entire post I have read, I think the game can be improved and fixed before release to make it more sand-box based and keep players playing longer.

SnoleX
04-22-2014, 12:05 AM
I have to say after reading this Article this truly turns me away from Arche Age because.

1.) The game has no innovation, Tell me as a developer other than fancy Graphics, Art-Work, and Music/Sound, what have you done that no other game company has done before, or very few have done.

2.) Why are you using (Skill Points Based System) Why not simply allow players to purchase Skill Sets where players can customize such and freely assign their skill points in town/reset with a click of a button on the interface rather than having to run to a NPC Constantly (Guild Wars 2) changed this recently.

3.) Crafting, My god, why are players limited on crafting, I am a fan of crafting its what I do in every MMO why are you limiting me to what I can maximize my crafts to with Points get rid of this its awful.

To me your crafting system looks very old and generic the same crafts that every game has beyond a few changes to make the game feel more polished generally same exact things over and over that every MMO has done especially with limiting players on how far they can level crafts rather than setting a cap, honestly I would keep playing a game if I had no limits on leveling and had to spend a month or two more to level a craft to max level it would keep me playing.

4.) Why is there no Wardrobe in the game why can't players freely customize their looks like GW2, but better yet like Runes OF Magic?

5.) Where is the unique housing, where is the ability to put crafting tables in my own house like in Rift?

In general some players might enjoy this game, but let me be honest, my friends wanted me playing Elder Scrolls online, I paid $70 for imperial edition, the game was released the game had many bugs I reported that were not fixed during Beta, the game has a memory leak, and they wanted to charge me $14.95 before my 30 days so I only played 5 day head-start didn't even use my game code yet the game was an absolute failure.

This Game I don't know yet, but this game based on this information I have seen offers nothing innovative that really hasn't been done before, looks like a game I would not pay a subscription for, and if the game is Free 2 Play perhaps I might give it a try, but if its Pay 2 Enjoy, or Pay 2 Win I won't be playing for sure, if its like Rift then sure ill play it for awhile maybe till I get bored and find something else.

This is what I truly think of this game based off this entire post I have read, I think the game can be improved and fixed before release to make it more sand-box based and keep players playing longer.

Simple answer You dont know nothing ...

OnTap
04-22-2014, 12:30 AM
It was nice to see a little preview of the game. I'm looking forward to more videos like this to quench my thirst for game knowledge.

KUMI
04-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Stop teasing Scapes, please... :D
Can't wait to get my hands on this one, the class system is so complex it makes me want to try 1246128 combinations hehe. Very good video btw. hype!

Sev3nz
04-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the post Scapes, this looks really good, can't wait to get my hands on Archeage, I've seen so many streams on it and all that stuff, and my hype keeps growing :P

BlackCobalt
04-22-2014, 10:17 AM

Archeage is larger then a post. If you want to get to know what AA is about do some research like I have. There are a few things that may need to be changed as any other mmo that's coming too the market but over all the player base from many walks of gaming like what they see in Archeage. A few things I haven't seen in other mmo's is allowing two players to ride a single horse or gliders as a means of transportation. The crafting system from what I've seen is really open to the sandbox idea of crafting in allowing players to express their trade. And Housing is good it could use a face lift to many generic looking houses but over all why complain housing is there at launch. I would like to see basements and vaults in houses.

Over all when you take a look at Archeage as a whole you see the game for what it is a fun expression of a lot of time and passion put into a sandbox game for people to gather in and play. Yes as I said somewhere down the road changes will happen as with any new launch but for the moment Archeage is on the right track

NYS
04-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Thanks for more ArcheAge homework! :)

.X.
04-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Thank you for the information.

BattleTurtle
04-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Looks amazing so upset that I didn't get in the alpha still searching around for keys. Keep up the good work, the game looks great.

Holocist
04-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Wow. This is so exciting. What I don't get however is how do u get ur character to max level without combat? And are Vocation Points the only currency?

Cloud
04-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the guide! Looking forward to playing this game.

VMBarbosa
04-23-2014, 01:11 AM
Wow. This is so exciting. What I don't get however is how do u get ur character to max level without combat? And are Vocation Points the only currency?

Gathering/Crafting gives EXP and Vocational points are not the only currency. There's Nui Tears, Gilda Stars, and Gold currency.

Dragnock
04-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Nice article can hardly wait to share it with my friends and plan out complementing jobs. ^^ Would also like to see a continuation on the article that covers the benefits unlocked for each job and its lvl

Jrazor
04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
Good video.

Ajitae
04-23-2014, 01:34 PM
I've decided on my class already
just need the game to start already! lol
how about you guys, you guys have an idea on how to play your characters?

KrayPanda
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
The picture when you view the full article says "Finally that red armor guy is gone" From the caption contest LOL!

LPain
04-24-2014, 05:16 PM
I know this is Class crafting but, I really think that you should make us do more for crafting, yeah the crafting system is way more in dept than other mmo's but you still have a little timer bar on the bottom and then when its over you get the new item in your inventory, make us do something, like aim and click to hit a sword to craft it, like a blacksmith simulator, that would be so cool and I think others would agree. some examples of crafting a sword would to start out with a very uneven sword shaped piece of metal and you have to heat it up then you get about ten hits before you have to heat it up, something like that. you get the idea. Thanks, see ya

Candron
04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
This looks great! I really like the fact that you don't "forget" what you learned when changing classes. It's more like real life that way. Knowledge is the only thing you can't give back. Inventory space is awesome too! A lot of games give you too little space and you have to run back and forth just to get things done. Nice job on the video! Thanks :D

pima
05-02-2014, 07:19 AM
Exactly why this game is going to be awesome.
You stream for the community, talk with them and just kinda "hang out" all together on twitch, but besides that you give us needed information to understand the complexity of the game.
It is not just about selling your product but more about the community and the game. This guide is great and it will help a lot getting into the game.
Thank you!

Keegan
05-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Very impressive! I cannot wait to get myself lost in this world!

Chaserx
05-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Just reading this for the first time. Very cool! :)

Diegoboom
05-07-2014, 07:28 AM
i have never seen this kind of crafting before at any game

Rave Digger
05-08-2014, 10:38 PM
I just have a quick question about the composition profession. I've been hearing that the custom songs you craft can be used to replace the basic sounds of the skills in the Songcraft class. Is this true? I love playing support-type classes, but I really don't care to hear the same couple of notes over and over. Thanks in advance!

Pesshauu
06-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Guess your looking for another game then AA. Good luck and bye :)

Pesshauu
06-13-2014, 04:41 PM

Guess your looking for another game then AA. Good luck and bye :)

Lelouch
06-19-2014, 11:48 AM
I have got an interesting question tho.. it says for every mix of 3 skill sets you become another class with different class name..

but when you lvl up every class have different stats growth ? means for some classes strength will rise more? and for some vitality?
so basically my question in simple words is.. are skill sets you chose affect your base stats and how they grow in each lvl you make? ty

KandeeRose
06-19-2014, 11:52 AM
This video has saved my life! I was so confused on the classes but now I've learned quite a few handy things. Thanks for the help Scapes!

SSJZech
07-31-2014, 12:14 PM
Well, today I just hit 10k mining proficiency and nothing changed. I was still gathering at the same speed, the labor cost was the same, and I saw no change in items gathered. Does it actually do anything?

Staparu
08-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the guide!