PDA

View Full Version : Skullknight gear

Siobchan
08-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering which one will be more rewarding for a skullknight cloths sets or plate sets. Also should I be using scepter or other weapon type? Currently I'm 26 with plate but dmg is kinda low and killing monsters slow compared to trickster I played before but I'm worring about tanking with cloth gear. How is it. Is there any theorycrafting about what tanks should wear - cloth or plate and when?

Also which one: tomb warden, defiler or skillknight is better as tank in PVE - in threat generation and thoughness and PVP - most useful. Or maybe you would recommend other tank. (I just don't want abolisher/blighter)

Tesseractual
08-24-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm trying to do the research on that right now and unfortunately it seems like there are great arguments on both sides, at least for cloth vs plate. When it comes to weapons there is almost no variation. Everyone says that scepter/shield is best. I agree with that.

While this doesn't settle the question, most of the arena videos I'm seeing, Skull Knights are relying on plate armor. I would imagine leveling using cloth and possibly even a staff wouldn't be a bad idea.

FletchLives
08-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Wear plate and use a staff while leveling. Most quest mobs will do physical damage to you. If you run into the occasional caster, well, thats what conversion shield is for :)

Siobchan
08-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Well my thoughts are only theoretical and have not played enough to be sure but in mass pvp it seems that cloth should be better because of huge amount of casters and it should be improving your dmg, while at arena it shouldnt be hard to decide and swap when you see your oponent. Now I'm using staff and plate but it really seems like low dmg. mana stars are great but killing monster with it takes a while. shield skills are great but currently I do not own scepter to try it, and without staff/scepter I do almost no dmg from magic skills.

Is there any skullknight burst combo I missed for a chance (@lv 26)

stayhumble
08-24-2014, 11:28 PM
lol skullknight and burst... you're better off wearing cloth regardless, more damage. you have hp channel for heal.
skullknight is a more mobile aoe based tank. but anything with defense can tank really.

FletchLives
08-25-2014, 06:53 AM
The damage difference between cloth and plate is negligible while leveling. People don't realize it but damage in the game comes from your weapon, period. If you don't have a shield equipped almost every one of your defense abilities is useless and you can't equip a shield without a 1 handed magic based weapon (which you won't have because there's none in quest rewards).

Magic based tanks and healers are going to be gimp city during the leveling process because you simply won't have the tools available initially to make them work. Maybe by the end of the first week but you could already be 50 by that time.