PDA

View Full Version : Seabug Pupa

romonster
08-25-2014, 01:36 AM
The Seabug Pupa is inaccurately named. A pupa would not be able to attack or even move. Since they are called bugs, they are presumably insects, or at least insect-like.

Most insects emerge from the egg as a worm-like larva (for example, a caterpillar) and then go into a dormant phase (such as the cocoon of a moth or chrysalis of a butterfly) during which metamorphosis into the winged adult form takes place. The dormant phase is the pupa.

In some insects, the young emerge from the egg as miniature adults and do not undergo metamorphosis. These species don't have pupae, and the young are called nymphs. Seabugs clearly fall into the second category, so the little ones should be called Seabug Nymphs.

Strumfex
08-25-2014, 02:23 AM
for real ? i dont give a f how are they called. The problem with them is that they are bugged. they jump on bridge and you cant target them . Not the fckin name is a problem....

romonster
08-25-2014, 03:20 AM
I eventually learned how to target them after dying a few times. That aspect needs some improvement too. And yes, the name bugs me more than the bugs themselves!

Strumfex
08-25-2014, 03:28 AM
is a video game , an agressive plant that has legs and chase you has more logic ? :) Maybe in their world they called pupa the small baby bugs :)

romonster
08-27-2014, 02:00 AM
They asked us to post instances of incorrect English in this forum, and so I did. It's just as incorrect as calling a puppy a kitten.