PDA

View Full Version : How important are Combo Shots?

john
04-18-2014, 08:18 PM
When considering a build, how important are the combo shot possibilities?

Chyurdan
04-18-2014, 08:37 PM
If you are building for certain combos they can do huge amounts of extra damage.

Moine
04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
to a certain degree it's fairly important. it gives a lot of utility.

Example: you can turn a stun, which can be broken out of, into a knockdown, which can only be prevented by preemptively buffing yourself with "unbeatable". or you can turn a slow in to a stun or increase the damage on an ability that gains a higher crit modifier(Phantom Blow).

Whoaness
04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I haven't played the game that much, but I would think they are very important.

Doing an extra ~1500 damage for one skill is a lot of damage.

madmaru
04-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Combos are not only just for extra damage but for other effects that add synergy to existing skills you use.

Eg. if you have both vitalism and auramancy skill trees using energy shield before light and dark skill removes the cast timer and makes it instant damage or heal based on your target.

or if you have necromancy you can use energy arrows 3 times to get target exhausted then your grip of death damage spell will also stun the target for the duration.

or in the sorcery tree if you ice blast skill then ice field skill you will have 100% chance to root target.

There are lots of combos to use and some even cross over from skill trees as shown in my few examples. Also when you are teaming up with players the effects they placed on targets will effect your skills used for activating combos.

Scan
04-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Depending on the type of class you go for, whether that be burst mage, tanky healer, etc. I'm guessing that most players will go for combos when creating classes since the bonuses are pretty massive, especially on skills that increase their damage by 50-100%, or grant extra CC. The combos themselves might turn otherwise weak and simple abilities across two classes into spells that form the core of your rotation.