PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Community Q&A Livestream March 31 at 1:30 PM PDT

Celestrata Bloodsong
03-29-2017, 01:11 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/11/Shaman_blog.jpg

Join Senior Producer Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai, Producer Amanada "Amary" Fry, and Senior Community Relations Manager Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan, on the Trion Worlds Twitch channel for our next ArcheAge livestream!

We're back after our office move hiatus, and we're celebrating with a community Q&A! Make sure to get your questions into our official forum thread, as we'll be answering them for the full duration of the stream!

ArcheAge Community Q&A Livestream
Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds
Start Time: Friday, March 31 at 1:30 PM PDT (GMT-8)
Duration: 45-50 minutes

Make sure to stick around to the end of the livestream, because we'll be hosting our usual giveaway and you could win!

Moly
03-29-2017, 01:14 PM
@Morgana (http://forums.archeagegame.com/member.php?916543-Morgana) :
- Yata Avatars

A second Yata Riot could easily start, overwhelming forum and eat Khrolan (http://i.imgur.com/8T7wjXI.gifv)
- Forum PM box storage incrementation
+
- Remove Character limit on PM

Legacy Server MTX

Server MergEvo Update

http://i.imgur.com/byXSFWll.jpg

While the FOV mod now work for those who are using it, have you an update from XL for an ingame-built option for that ?

The double-event is more common now. Should we expect something like that to happen at regular intervals at least for Patron ? Or will it remain as a compensation tool ?

Transfer : Out of FS any ETA ?

Double Flag Account (FS/Leg) issue : Any discussion with XL ?

 - 
PTS :
-Vocation Badges
-Abyssal Crystal
-Would be great to get a GM owned Fellowship plaza with a Multipurpose Workbench on it

Gentatsu
03-29-2017, 01:45 PM
a live stream?? Seriously? *goes into shock* You will have to pardon me while i say, "ill believe it when i see it".. I know its kind of a rotten but there ya go. I mean, we customers have been told stuff in the past that just were not true, false and never happened.

therefore ill reserve any questions i have for IF, and I do mean IF and WHEN we the players see the Archeage livestream actually happen.

yes, my post is meant to seem bitter.

new Definition of soon = 5 to 6 months minimum.
*****Legacy Lives Matter!*****

Elorin
03-29-2017, 01:49 PM
What player-requested features are Trion currently requesting from XL as High-Priority?

What requirements are holding up new big-ticket items being added to the merit badge shop?

Will we get a new hotbar before 3.5 comes out?

Are there ANY UI updates in the works?

Any updates to Lunarite/MGP availability?

When the Diamond Shores pack quests were added, the demand for starlight archeum greatly increased, yet I believe the crate/tree ratios for dropping the stuff are still at 4:4:2, any plans to change this?

What are some of the specific concerns that still need to be addressed before merges/evolution/mass transfers can be done?

ERose
03-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Personally, a discussion on what to expect with the merge/evolution/mass transfers is needed. Which will Trion choose, what as customers can we expect. How much notification will we get, no matter which method is chosen. I am hesitant to do some upgrades until they types of questions are answered.

(edited for clarity)

Expendable
03-29-2017, 02:00 PM
It has become obvious to many legacy players that since 3.0 almost all events and marketplace updates have been aimed at fresh start servers. Will this become the norm or will we see regular updates and appropriate event rewards for legacy again soon?

When will you be able to tell us what's going on with mergers?

Can you tell us anything requested by our region that will be added or changed in the future?

What does trion believe are the top 5 reasons that players are leaving ArcheAge? What is Trion doing (or planning to do) to win back these players and bring in new players? Is Trion doing anything to combat the mostly negative coverage ArcheAge gets from almost every gaming news outlet?

I have been playing ArcheAge since alpha. Lately I have begun to lose hope that things will improve in ArcheAge. Improvements are either too slow or never seem to come. I had high hopes for the new races introduced in 3.0, but I couldn't even try the new race because everything is bound to my original character. After reading the information on 3.5 that has been released so far, I honestly feel like it's two steps back for ArcheAge. Why should I continue playing ArcheAge? What do I have to look forward to?

Will the Divebomb skill on the Red Dragon Glider ever be fixed so it only works on targets at a lower elevation? Currently it can be used to knock any glider out of the sky at a very long range. Why did I buy any of these fancy gliders from you if they are practically useless for recon or even an escape?

DeadLizard
03-29-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm concerned about the glitchy follow mechanics.
I have two legacy accounts, I play both, actually PLAY them, and I often put one on follow to the other as I mob around. Lately, I haven't been able to do this because follow will lag horribly and cause one of my accounts to crash. I play them both on my laptop and tab back and forth, but even when I'm on public transport, if I'm tabbed to the other account my characters will get dropped in the middle of the road or whatever. I heard you're getting rid of the follow feature completely, and this will negatively impact small accounts that are trying to earn Gildas or Gold to buy APEX. Can't you program in a limit of one follow in a chain (possible message "Your target is following someone else, you can't follow them") so that you can eliminate large chains, but not harm small personal accounts?

Also, why are there *gems* called "apex" as well as the APEX for trading? It makes it annoying to search on the AH> Can't you rename the Gem something more appropriate to its function?

Here's hoping I make the live stream... I'm putting it on my calendar, but RL is unpredictable.
Pax!

Moly
03-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Also, why are there *gems* called "apex" as well as the APEX for trading? It makes it annoying to search on the AH> Can't you rename the Gem something more appropriate to its function?

Use : "^apex" instead of "apex"

This forum post is very helpful if you have time to read it

DeadLizard
03-29-2017, 02:04 PM
Thanks Moly, I'll try that, but there's still no reason those gems are called apex, it's dumb.

Celestrata Bloodsong
03-29-2017, 02:06 PM
a live stream?? Seriously? *goes into shock* You will have to pardon me while i say, "ill believe it when i see it".. I know its kind of a rotten but there ya go. I mean, we customers have been told stuff in the past that just were not true, false and never happened.

therefore ill reserve any questions i have for IF, and I do mean IF and WHEN we the players see the Archeage livestream actually happen.

yes, my post is meant to seem bitter.

new Definition of soon = 5 to 6 months minimum.
*****Legacy Lives Matter!*****

If there's an official announcement like this in the announcement forum, it means it's happening. Trust me, this one is happening.

Moly
03-29-2017, 02:08 PM
If there's an official announcement like this in the announcement forum, it means it's happening. Trust me, this one is happening.

If it is not we will give free real Yata plushies to everybody, made by Khrolan himself. And he will deliver them wearing his sailor outfit !

:o
j/k

Expendable
03-29-2017, 02:24 PM
If it is not we will give free real Yata plushies to everybody, made by Khrolan himself. And he will deliver them wearing his sailor outfit !

They should make khrolan wear the sailor outfit for a stream.

Illanyss
03-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Will we ever get timestamps on in-game chat? It would be very useful, you have no idea...

Also, when 3.5 hits, are we going to have the possibility to choose which type of crafted armour we get from a sealed piece, just like Koreans have?

Also, having a last year version of festival tokens that are incompatible with this year's version is bad for those of us who only got, like, 3 tokens and can't get anything with them. It's really sad because deleting them is a waste, keeping them wastes our space. #sadness

Gentatsu
03-29-2017, 04:10 PM

hmm, ok.. I guess i can attempt to take you're word for it this time. :p lets see how many of these questions actually get answered.

#1) Merger/Evolution: Can you give us an ETA as to when this is supposed to happen?
*since the cat is out of the bag I see no reason to beat around the bush with uninformative answers.

#2) Merger/Evolution: Can you give us a rough estimate as to which NA / EU servers will be effected at this time?
*just give us the bad news already so we can all get upset and get over it already, dragging it on and on and on just makes us more angry.

#3) New Car: Why was the new car release changed from soon to 5 months?
*back in January Celestrata and khrolan both said SOON. So that makes it 3 months + 2 more months added just this week.
* it was also stated by Said same person's you were looking at around mid march.

#4) New Car: Will Legacy Servers get the new car before 3.5 or will it come out with 3.5 or will it be after 3.5 basically when will we get it?
*Please dont tell us the car is way to OP to be released..

#5) Update 3.5: What is the current ETA on 3.5?
*any new information on 3.5 would be nice.

#6) Lantern event: Why was the 2 treasure chests removed from the reward machine and replaced with a monkey chair and 2 cheesy pots?
*a 100 point labor pot for 5 tokens is not very good return for the amount of labor, mats, time and gold used to achieve the quests.

#7) Market Place: When will we see some items specifically for the players on Legacy Servers?
*Since the opening of the FS servers this has been catering to just FS, Legacy Lives Matter!

#8) Daily log in tracker: When will we see some items specifically for the players on Legacy Servers?
*Since the opening of the FS servers this has been catering to just FS, Legacy Lives Matter!

#9) Live streams: Why didnt the AA team do any Streams from the Trion Austin Tx office?
* we all saw the live streams for devilion and know Celestrata is CM for both AA and Devilion. just a simple Q&A could have been done by Celestrata from her Austin office like what was done for Devilion. An informed Community is not an angry rioting Community. :)

#10) Guild Suggestion: Would it be possible to have a Guild msging system put in so the guild leader can type 1 msg, like for a guild event and have it sent to everyone in the guild via in game email system??
* i know im reaching for this 1 and am not holding my breath.

#11) Game Content: What ideas are Trion And XLgames mulling over to improve pvp aspect of the game for just the pvpers?
*Forcing Pve players into more Pvp situations is not improving things for the pvpers or pvers.

#12) Game Content: When is XLgames and Trion going to stop making the farming, crafting and pack making aspect of the game more of a PITA than it is worth dealing with?
*giving us more dailies left and right does not make it fun, The game was fun before and now its just a tiresome grind.

#13) Crafting Mats: When will Club Head Spore Seeds be added to the cash or vocation npc's?
* I am running low and spend a lot of time running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find it in the wild.

#14) Crafting mats: Can we get Royal Seeds, Scented leafs added to the Muddy Fields and Seed Bundles?
*The game game would be more fun again if there was even a rare chance for these items to be gotten from fields and bundles. Right now Muddy fields are pretty useless just giving 1 worm as a added bonus.

#15) Lost Players: What is Trion going to do to make the game more enjoyable again so that players would want to return?
*Having no real benefits to pvp players have quit, Having the pve/carebear aspect made more of a pita has caused players to quit, The tax hike increases chased players away, The upcoming 3.5 changes are going to chase players away, the upcoming new Merger/evolution is definetly going to chase players away.

#16) Lost Players: Does Trion understand that a happy customer is a returning customer?
* I thought that Trion was in the Business of making a profit. Making game changes that just chase customers away seems to be the wrong direction no matter if its a pvp player or a pve player.

#17) FS servers: How long until the current FS servers are added to the Legacy Server list?
* I remember morph server once being a FS server.

#18) FS server: Does Trion understand that opening FS servers just helps to constantly destroy and degrade the Comunities on the Legacy servers?
*Those players could have easily been put on a legacy server. We had to work for everything we have, they should too.

#19) FS Servers: What is the ETA for the release of the NEW FS servers?
* Im gona guess around December since the last 2 happened close to then.

#20) Loot Drops: When will we see the changes to the loot drops for Mysterious Garden Powder and other items?
*ive read posts and experienced it myself that the MGP and Obisidian mats seem to be dificult to get and there was a mention previously of this getting fixed.

#21) Arena: When will we see the new Ship pvp arena that came out in KR's 3.0 or are we not getting this?
*This would help give the pvpers something else to do for fun and entertainment.

#22) The Future of AA: In General what are Trions and XLgames plans for NA / EU Archeage Versions?
*Basically we are wondering if Trion is giving up on AA and trying to keep a lid on it. Please note: This game has great potential and can be a lot of fun for both pvpers and pvers if the right choices are made. Remember, a happy customer is a returning customer.

#23) Patience: Will any of my questions be answered and answered honestly with a straight forward response?
* i am hoping but not holding my breath, I am expecting the normal run around the bush kind of answers.

Thank you in advance

Moly
03-29-2017, 04:23 PM
#6) Lantern event: Why was the 2 treasure chests removed from the reward machine and replaced with a monkey chair and 2 cheesy pots?
*a 100 point labor pot for 5 tokens is not very good return for the amount of labor, mats, time and gold used to achieve the quests.

The 2 "cheesy pots" are designed for player that don't want decor items.
The monkey chair is set as a reward because it suit the carpet more in this event than coming in through one of the shop.
The Rangora's Trove is not available because it is a following of reward that spread between several event and we don't have the festival token to do this kind of upgradeable reward.
The Pirate Plushie Trove was part of a Trion Packs therefore it was removed from any event.

You should also read this post

Dimi
03-29-2017, 04:30 PM
I logged in today after the update and the limited items were sold out - didn't see any announcement or anything and they are gone.So some few got them and now selling them to auction house.What about the rest of us that didn't even have the chance?We are not all playing 24/7 - we have real life. Why can't it be limited per account, so everyone can have the opportunity to make a purchase?
Please make the announcements first like 2-3 days before and then give the limited items - it is fair for all to know ( and this stands for events too).

Gentatsu
03-29-2017, 04:41 PM
The 2 "cheesy pots" are designed for player that don't want decor items.
The monkey chair is set as a reward because it suit the carpet more in this event than coming in through one of the shop.
The Rangora's Trove is not available because it is a following of reward that spread between several event and we don't have the festival token to do this kind of upgradeable reward.
The Pirate Plushie Trove was part of a Trion Packs therefore it was removed from any event.

You should also read this post

I could have sworn, This was a thread for posting questions to the AA dev team to be answered during fridays live stream. My bad.

Yeah I read you're post and I also saw the korean screen shots of the treasure chests on the Token machine for The Koreans version of the lantern event.. Also since the korean version has them turning in 100 iron ingots, and the amount of tokens needed for their version is also a lot higher than ours we all know Trion can request to have the number and amount of tokens and mats needed nerfed. Like in our version we only need 50 iron ingots instead of KR's 100.

Hence why i posed my question.

Thanks all the same, but id like a more official response from a Trion Employee.

Edwardo
03-29-2017, 04:48 PM
I would like to know how Trion plans to address GM/CM favoritism, how it impacts the game, and if it's possible publish the rules that Trion employees must follow as far as interaction with players goes?

DeadLizard
03-29-2017, 08:33 PM
Will we ever get timestamps on in-game chat? It would be very useful, you have no idea...

AMEN!!!

Also, having last year's version of festival tokens that are incompatible with this year's version is bad for those of us who only got, like, 3 tokens and can't get anything with them. It's really sad because deleting them is a waste, keeping them wastes our space. #sadness

Agreed again!!!
At least in W.o.W. if we didn't complete a meta-achievement, we could finish it the next year....
Nice post...

DeadLizard
03-29-2017, 08:53 PM
I would like to know how Trion plans to address GM/CM favoritism, how it impacts the game, and if it's possible publish the rules that Trion employees must follow as far as interaction with players goes?

I've never even SEEN a GM in game, much less believed they had favoritism...

darciFromVIP
03-29-2017, 10:03 PM
1. It would be nice to get some official spoilers regarding 3.5 periodically.
2. Would it be possible to remove player-created nations?
3. Reduce the labor neede for Lost Garden Faded Weapons and Divine Garden Gear?
4. Change the coinpurses? They are now quite worthless to open

Pakman
03-30-2017, 03:27 AM
I'm still enjoying the game and actually approve of most changes in 2.9 + 3.0 now had chance to live with them.

Skill saver: What I would like to know is are we getting 3 more skill saver slots or is it possible to implement. The three we have just don't seem enough!

Merger/Evolution: I'd like to know how this will affect guilds, will they get wiped and we all have to start from beginning or?

Wave & Fire Lunarite: This seems to be getting rarer and more expensive. Is there any plans to increase sources / drop rates?

and.. hurry up with the merger/evolution pls!

Thanks!

Marxon
03-30-2017, 04:42 AM
1.Is there estimated date for 3.5 to be on PTS ,or are there no plans as of now about 3.5,
2.When we will get new wings and costume that was in korean valentine box,

chelas
03-30-2017, 05:08 AM
My only question is about PTS, will it ever be a real test server? i mean where you don't have to farm materials or gold to buy things.

Expendable
03-30-2017, 05:51 AM
#5) Update 3.5: What is the current ETA on 3.5?
*any new information on 3.5 would be nice.

Thank you in advance

Celestrata said last Friday that they currently expect 3.5 to be released in June.

If you guys give them questions that have already been answered, there will be less time for new questions.

Elfred
03-30-2017, 06:25 AM
Apologies if this question isn't a sunshiny one but I do wonder.

1) Why do you think the same errors are made by Trion / XL, over and over again. The easiest example is the event start and end times and days. I think it is fair to say that at this point most do not expect the events to end when they are supposed to end. Can you offer insight into why this seemingly simple problem hasn't been corrected / mastered after years?

And does Trion / XL have any sensibility or concern about the optics of something like that happening over a period of years?

GrowlingMoose
03-30-2017, 06:42 AM
Drop rates. When are we getting fix for them?

Lunarite: Right now it's way too expensive even trying to gem your gear.
Starlight archeum: Deer god if you're planning on crafting any accessories..
Mysterious garden powder: Good luck getting any for less than 50g when 3.5 actually hits.

Car. We need the new car.

When are we getting any non-RP event rewards? Like useful grimoires, maybe even honor pots?, those bound sealed packs that include all useful pots for melee/mage (pls fix them first), Hellkissed weapons we got with a special token few years ago or really anything else but furniture or books. I mean, in the past ...half a year we haven't really got anything else but furniture, weapon skins and some random somewhat useless potions. These events would be alot more fun with more people - more people = rewards for everyone, even for the people who enjoy the pvp aspect of the game.

WellyMcFail
03-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Do we get the same Erenor System like the Koreans in 3.5? (XP-synthesis System)

or do we may get a other system? Would be nice to have a soon confirmation for this?

a friend told me that there is a stream were Khrolan said that we may get a other system than the koreans?

i dont know what to think about that cause as far as i remember the infos were: " we get mostly the same like korea" ... or was this more related on thinks like class-changes, skill-changes etc.?

there are some people out there that try to get as much as possible now for 3.5. some of you may think that those nerds who try to stock items and get as much infos as possible are freaks and deserved to get screwed over by changing stuff in the last minute. i think there is no fault in beeing hyped and prepared.

best regards

Focslain
03-30-2017, 09:55 AM
I know merges and server population is a popular topic as of late.

So my question is this:
What metric is used to determine server population?

I ask this because it's not about accounts, it can't be otherwise this wouldn't be an issue or question. There is another metric and I think I know what it is, but would like confirmation.

Also:

http://content.propstore.com/collection/lxg/new/img23.jpg

Is this not the car from League of Extordinary Gentlemen?

Moly
03-30-2017, 10:50 AM
I have no idea.
It was on Imgur (http://imgur.com/gallery/n9TBd) few days ago and it looked like the inspiration model for the S&B-200 to me

Focslain
03-30-2017, 10:56 AM
I have no idea.
It was on Imgur few days ago and it looked like the inspiration model for the S&B-200 to me

Just did a quick google, yeah it's the Nautilus Car from the movie. Even found the prop store listing... well I know what I'm naming mine when it arrives.

Moly
03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
So, here we have an other example of the XL team that is watching a lot of movies :o

Noxm
03-30-2017, 01:28 PM
#21) Arena: When will we see the new Ship pvp arena that came out in KR's 3.0 or are we not getting this?
*This would help give the pvpers something else to do for fun and entertainment.

This is not even live on KR server, maybe on some next 3.5+ patch..

KylieKat
03-30-2017, 02:10 PM
How is the Marketplace sorted and decided upon, and you plans for rolling out its content? Why do you only roll out a couple costumes, then make them limited instead of leaving them on there to buy (exception are holiday ones that should be exclusive to the holidays)

At the beginning of Fresh Start, you actually offered some for direct purchase but then rolled them into an RNG crate or Amary's packs. As a Legacy player, and I want to say a lot of us on Fresh Start are, we probably have seen all these costumes previously. Why are they rolled out so slowly?

Pomponella
03-30-2017, 02:54 PM

can you pls try find a more trustworthy, community related statement , ty

Voja
03-30-2017, 03:11 PM
I miss it?

MasterShades
03-30-2017, 04:26 PM
In the last Server Merge/Evolution we were told our server (Naima) was safe and will NOT be affected by the server Merge/Evolution,
then with less then 1 week before Merge/Evolution it was changed and DID Merge/Evolution.
The last Merge/Evolution forced a lot of players to leave.
Will this be happening again?
If it does you will loose a lot of Patron members AGAIN.
Please don't make the same mistake again.

Can we have a clear answer...
When will the server Merge/Evolution be?
Which servers will be part of the Merge/Evolution?

VVelhon
03-31-2017, 06:03 AM
I have asked about bringing Griffin armor to Fresh start servers. I did get an answer from Celestrata ( <3 ) but then i left wondering;

Because you can purchase Griffin using Merit badges, are you going to sell the Griffin armor in the store by credits, or are you going to sell it with loyalty tokens along side with RNG-box with special Griffin inside or smthing like that?

#INEEDMYGRIFFINARMOR <33 #SavingThemLoyaltyTokens
-CrazyBirdMan AKA Welhon

wolfgem
03-31-2017, 11:40 AM
I have a few questions for the live stream.
#1 can we get a new mansion that's available for credits? #2 if not can you make it so that more than one decoration increase can be used on the same property? With so many cool decorations a limit of 200 with the 50 expansion is not enough space! Thank you for your time and look for my X's when it comes time for the giveaways!!!!!!!!! (hehe I know its done remotely but never hurts to try)

HoleID
03-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Hi, Only One question.
I came to you in QA Chat Hall on prophecy some time ago, but i don't have any info since then, so i ask again.

Do you (Trion or Xl) Have any info about the abyssal Leveling Bug, not the one who ask to provide x Items again, but the one who ask to provide a "invalid Item Type".
This issue exist since 3.0 release and affect badly any player involved in PvP, please do something.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/752565TrionCare.jpg

ZombiFlu
03-31-2017, 01:15 PM
Pfff... who wants a car... CAN WE PLEASE GET A YATA MOUNT UPGRADE!!!!!

Why you hati'n on mah Yata's!!??!!

Erzsebett
03-31-2017, 02:14 PM
Are u guys planning on bringing the soul forge set again?

Azazel
03-31-2017, 06:25 PM
What's this I'm hearing about removing "follow" function from the game altogether? Can someone tell me the reason behind this? I'd hate to think that it's a petty and cheap move to make players pay more real life money into the game to progress--that can't be it. It's hard enough to make gold in this game as it is and if I can't utilize two freighters that I have to move my trade packs then my daily profit is cut in half. I'm all about grinding in these types of games and can appreciate periodic changes, but if a simple function of convenience is taken out of a game simply to make it harder to earn gold, then that's when I have to call bs. I really hope the developers reconsider this change. Doesn't seem worth playing a game that keeps changing and setting me back just when I am starting to get to a point where progression is starting to get a little bit easier.

Ceraph
04-05-2017, 02:34 PM
When are new/old costumes coming to the store?

deinemuse
04-05-2017, 03:20 PM
I am sure a lot of these have been asked, but just means it is important.

1. New car upgrade? Celestrata mentioned the end of May?

2. Merge/Evo/Transfers - when will this happen and to what servers? Also, any way to maintain guild level for this.

3. Will soul forge gear be coming back for new players? We had a nice influx of new people for 3.0, but they could not keep up and left.

4. NA AH merge?

JemandLeNoob
04-06-2017, 12:09 AM
Will Glyph ever be fixed?

Gubsimerasa
04-07-2017, 10:05 AM
About the crafting in 3.5

- what will be diffrent in our version about the erenor crafting and the upleveling? (synthesing)

- will we get the same like the koreans? what are the differences?

best regards & have a nice weekend