PDA

View Full Version : Craft for days: Log in for a chance to win 50,000 Labor!

Celestrata Bloodsong
03-30-2017, 02:58 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/03/August_sale_blog-1.jpg

March Madness isn’t the only thing going around this time of year… We’re giving away over 100,000 labor and you could win! Make sure you’re a patron and then log into ArcheAge between March 30 and April 13 to participate in Labor Madness!

How to Play
All you need to do is make sure you’re an ArcheAge Patron (either by purchasing a patron subscription or using in-game APEX) and log into the game between 12:01 AM PDT on March 30, 2017 and 11:59 PM PDT on April 13, 2017. Each day you log in will grant you one entry into the contest, but you won’t be entered if you’re not an ArcheAge patron!

At the end of the contest, we’ll choose 5 players to win one of these piles of labor listed below. And, even if you don’t win, you’ll still receive 2,000 labor just for entering the contest!

Prizes – A total of over 100,000 Labor Points!

One Grand Prize Winner will win 50,000 Labor Points![/*]
One First Prize Winner will win 20,000 Labor Points![/*]
Three Second Prize Winners will win 10,000 Labor Points![/*]

All ArcheAge Patron players who log in at least once during the contest period will receive a participation award of 2,000 labor points, distributed after the contest has ended.

Contest Rules

For a full listing of the contest’s rules and conditions, head on over to the official forums. (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?320042)

Good luck, and we’ll see you in Erenor!

SparxIsGrounded
03-30-2017, 03:04 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooh my god let's go :D

xGodLikex
03-30-2017, 03:17 PM
Open to residents worldwide excluding residents of: Quebec, Canada, Brazil and Italy.

this is a ♥♥♥♥ing joke right ???

i pay my patron like everyone else

Moly
03-30-2017, 03:26 PM
We'll see Celestrata answer about it, but for this specific contest I don't think that these exclusion are applied since it is an ingame reward and not a package reward.

Or perhaps it is... Legal team seems to carefully draft it before it get posted

Shantar
03-30-2017, 03:30 PM
Probably something to do with it being a sweepstakes. Blame your politicians ;)

Dza
03-30-2017, 03:34 PM
I get it, laws can't be broken.

However, this is a huge ♥♥♥♥ you to anyone in an outlying region... hell us Canadians pay almost 13.50 currently for a single Apex.. Couldn't come up with an event that suited all regions legally?

xGodLikex
03-30-2017, 03:45 PM
I get it, laws can't be broken.

However, this is a huge ♥♥♥♥ you to anyone in an outlying region... hell us Canadians pay almost 13.50 currently for a single Apex.. Couldn't come up with an event that suited all regions legally?

Yupp -_-

Orio
03-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes.

Uhm. What?

Dza
03-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Uhm. What?

That's how our laws work, they use the same wording here for draws/sweepstakes aswell.

pavmelas
03-30-2017, 04:16 PM
wow.. a in game contest you need to agree to a full page of attorney talk.

pass, to much RL risk for just a game. (behind so much attorny talk there is always RL trouble, something fishy/illegal? happen )

Neverender
03-30-2017, 05:09 PM
So this was made a sweepstakes to allow logins to become entries that are covered by the policies of such and allow our PII to be sold with zero liability to any potential repercussions by Trion.

Huh.

Squanky
03-30-2017, 05:35 PM
So how do we withdraw so we don't have our personal info sold?

Noviern
03-30-2017, 06:19 PM
So how do we withdraw so we don't have our personal info sold?

±1

Alphacake
03-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Trion resorting to contest giveaways now. Lol.

......just have to be patron! You could win! Kidding me.

Alphacake
03-30-2017, 10:19 PM
Ya I don't even want to be in the drawing.

Are trino selling my infos?

Rinalee
03-30-2017, 10:32 PM
As if this event could bring more patrons. lol

Moepie
03-31-2017, 12:56 AM
And Germans get nothing labor...

Der Gewinner des Hauptpreises erhält 000 Arbeitspunkte!
Der Gewinner des 1. Preises erhält 000 Arbeitspunkte!
Drei Gewinner des 2. Preises erhalten jeweils 000 Arbeitspunkte!

I don´t want to win, if i would win i gotten zero labor. If i won´t win i gotten 2000 labor :D

Golden Idol
03-31-2017, 06:06 AM
"Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes."

... As an American with a bend toward intellectualism, I can't decide if I should laugh or cry about this.

Athenai
03-31-2017, 07:14 AM
This is so funny lmao! this looks really desperate.

BlakeKaori
03-31-2017, 09:33 AM
The most ridiculous terms for winning an in-game competition I have EVER seen.

Must be 18, or have parental consent? To win labor in-game?!

Winners may be required to complete and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, an Affidavit of Eligibility and, except where prohibited, Liability/Publicity Release

WTF?!?!

Ogrillion
03-31-2017, 09:45 AM
I might win just for logging in? Everyone else wants out?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/606/830/937.jpg

Argentto
03-31-2017, 09:56 AM
/* ???????????????????????????????????????? WHERE we read the /*?????

SiulX
03-31-2017, 09:56 AM
1 more event in favor of the Alt chars army, so great

SleekHare
03-31-2017, 10:04 AM
Stop it with the Personal Information Conspiracy theories, already.

Trion isn't selling your information. Sweepstakes rules are governed by local laws. If anything, you should be pointing and laughing at (Math, Canada? Really?) or applauding the countries that make these laws.

Source:

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/privacy-policy/#useandshare

HOW WE USE AND SHARE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU

A. HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU

Personal Information which we collect for a particular purpose will only be saved and used for that purpose, unless you have agreed to allow us to use it for some other purpose, as described in this Privacy Policy. For example, if you make an online purchase from us, unless you have given us permission to do otherwise, we will only collect and save the Personal Information you provided to us, including your billing and delivery information, in order to (1) complete the sale, (2) comply with tax and other applicable statutes, (3) maintain accurate business and financial records (in accordance with accepted standards), and (4) assist with customer service and returns.

We may use the Personal Information we collect from you to enable us to:

provide you with technical support, customer service, and Account maintenance;
learn what you like and tailor your experience accordingly;
to improve the Site and its subsites and our other products and services;
provide services or products you request;
allow you to participate in or use the Trion communication features;
allow you to play one of our fee-based games, or free games and download any other game;
allow you to benefit from any other services, as the case may be, such as sweepstakes, contests and promotions;
manage your Account and respond to your potential orders, requests and online purchases;
inform you of any changes made to the Site and its subsites; and
inform you of products, services, promotions and offers which you may find interesting.
If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you can “opt-out” in the manner discussed under “Your Privacy Rights” set forth in this Privacy Policy.

B. INFORMATION WE PROVIDE TO THIRD PARTIES

Where and to the extent required by the applicable laws, you hereby expressly consent to your Personal Information being shared with or otherwise transferred by Trion to third parties.

When you have provided Personal Information to us for a particular purpose, we may disclose your information to other companies that we have engaged to assist us in fulfilling your request and who we subject to confidentiality requirements. This may include, but is not limited to, fulfillment houses, billing services, transaction managers, credit verification services, and other third party service providers. We may also disclose any of your Personal Information to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, or other suspected illegal activities, or as otherwise may be required by applicable laws, or, as we deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect the rights, property or safety of Trion, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.

We will also provide your Personal Information to third party processors so that it can be administered and processed for the purposes notified to you in the Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use and we may also share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) in order to obtain professional advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by applicable laws, preserving any and all of your statutory data protection rights.

Except as described in this policy, we will not give any of your Personal Information to any third party without your express approval, and the only Personal Information we will request to share with third parties is your name, mailing address and email address. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with third parties, you can “opt out” in the manner discussed under “Your Privacy Rights” set forth on the first page of this Privacy Policy. We sometimes share general, demographic, or aggregated non-Personal Information with third parties about our user base, but that information does not include any Personal Information.

You will be deemed to have consented to the disclosure to, and use by, a subsequent owner or operator of the Site, of any Personal Information contained in the Trion database for such site, if Trion or one of its companies assigns all of its rights and obligations regarding the use of your Personal Information at the time of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of the Site’s assets to a subsequent owner or operator, or similar event.

Rinalee
03-31-2017, 10:19 AM
The most ridiculous terms for winning an in-game competition I have EVER seen.

Must be 18, or have parental consent? To win labor in-game?!

WTF?!?!

I don't see any problem with that.

To be a patron, you must be 18 or have parental consent to do an online payment.

Ruelle
03-31-2017, 10:22 AM
You're worried about people sharing how much time you spend in a game, but US government is going to repeal a law that allows us to choose how our ISP handles our data.

Need that a bit more simplified? The internet you're using now, no matter which you're using, will no longer be safe. They will sell all your information and it will be completely legal for them to do so.

If you're worried about a possibility of Trion exposing the amount of hours you game, this upcoming repeal should be something you really worry about.

LOL and Canada having to do math to be part of a sweepstakes. But I'm sure its really not that hard. Sucks that you guys have to do anything at all - while some of us do not.

EDIT: Are you guys picking 1 first place winning on each server? Or just 1 for NA and 1 for EU?

Dza
03-31-2017, 01:13 PM
First the huge apex sales now an event to get large numbers showing activity in game, first quarter must be going great.

BlakeKaori
03-31-2017, 02:38 PM
I don't see any problem with that.

To be a patron, you must be 18 or have parental consent to do an online payment.

The age to make an online payment is not 18. I was able to make online payments at age 14 without consent.

Mehelenya
03-31-2017, 03:46 PM
1 April ! :p

DrBoom
04-01-2017, 04:57 AM
I called APRIL FOOLS on the livestream yesterday!!!! And of course they didn't respond. But I have a feeling this is fake and will reveal itself soon.

Jackalope
04-01-2017, 12:42 PM
If this is some weird April fools joke its a really crazy one. Did you read all the rules? Its like holy ♥♥♥♥ this is crazy even if it is real?

For instance this:
Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes. What? What kind of weird thing is that?

Traciatim
04-01-2017, 01:24 PM
If this is some weird April fools joke its a really crazy one. Did you read all the rules? Its like holy ♥♥♥♥ this is crazy even if it is real?

For instance this: What? What kind of weird thing is that?

It's a Canadian law. If you run a lottery it has to be one by skill and not by random chance so every contest has something like this one it. If your lottery is done by random chance you need a lottery licence or something along that line (though I think that's only in the case it's above a certain small value and if you are a charity it's different).

Kolkhis
04-01-2017, 09:29 PM
Does this require you to be a subscribed patron? Because I've lost out on Patron benefits because I have a non-recurring Patron account where I paid for 6 months of Patron but got overlooked because it wasn't a recurring payment plan, and I simply can't be arsed with dealing with your ♥♥♥♥ subscription program/system to avoid this issue.

Traciatim
04-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Does this require you to be a subscribed patron? Because I've lost out on Patron benefits because I have a non-recurring Patron account where I paid for 6 months of Patron but got overlooked because it wasn't a recurring payment plan, and I simply can't be arsed with dealing with your ♥♥♥♥ subscription program/system to avoid this issue.

All you need to do is make sure you’re an ArcheAge Patron . . .

It's even in bold.

Kolkhis
04-02-2017, 11:13 PM
It's even in bold.

Here's clarification.

If I have a recurring Patron payment from January 1st until June 1st, I am covered and would qualify/receive rewards.
If I have Patron on an account that paid for Patron from January 1st until June 1st but cancelled my Patron so it's not a recurring payment on June 1st, I still have Patron until June. I am asking for this second situation because I have had accounts omitted from receiving rewards and/or compensation packages that were being given to Patrons because the account itself had Patron active but not on a recurring subscription. Therefore I am asking if the qualification is being a Patron vs having an active Patron subscription because in my experience, both of those are drastically different. You wanna try reading what I write before attempting to patronize me?

Traciatim
04-03-2017, 04:34 AM
Here's clarification.

If I have a recurring Patron payment from January 1st until June 1st, I am covered and would qualify/receive rewards.
If I have Patron on an account that paid for Patron from January 1st until June 1st but cancelled my Patron so it's not a recurring payment on June 1st, I still have Patron until June. I am asking for this second situation because I have had accounts omitted from receiving rewards and/or compensation packages that were being given to Patrons because the account itself had Patron active but not on a recurring subscription. Therefore I am asking if the qualification is being a Patron vs having an active Patron subscription because in my experience, both of those are drastically different. You wanna try reading what I write before attempting to patronize me?

If you have patron, you are a patron. Whether it be through APEX, a one time payment, a subscription, or whatever.

Islay
04-04-2017, 07:06 AM
Why italian residents cannot access the contest?

Ruelle
04-14-2017, 09:44 PM
:( Wheres my labor at?

Westercat
04-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Well... rules says this

LIST OF WINNERS. A list of Winners will be posted on the Official ArcheAge Forums no later than one (1) week after the Deadline. A list of Winners can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Trion Worlds, Inc., ATTN: ArcheAge Team, 1200 Bridge Parkway, Suite 201, Redwood City, CA 94065, USA. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.

Ruelle
04-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Well, it doesn't seem like anyone won. Considering I didn't get 2k labor yet ;p

Bubupl
04-19-2017, 12:22 PM
Today I checked on Glyph's site and got only 2k labor.

Ruelle
04-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Got mine too, haven't seen the winners though. Not even sure how that would work, would it show up on your account like the 2k labor? Or does it get mailed to you??

raincloud
04-20-2017, 10:29 AM
It's been a week, who won?

Sabben
04-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Question in regards to the 2K Labor Bonus.

Does it act like a Worker's Comp. just giving me 2K Labor to a Maximum of 5K or does it stack with my existing pool? For Example if I am at 5K labor then use the 2K labor does it give me a 7K Labor Pool?

Ruelle
04-23-2017, 12:01 PM
Its a compensation pack thingy you get from your account. It doesn't come in the mail and has already been dispersed. Its basically 2 labor pots. So I assume they dont add up to 7k. Better to be safe than be sorry.

Voltar
04-26-2017, 02:08 AM
A list of Winners will be posted on the Official ArcheAge Forums no later than one (1) week after the Deadline.

Did anyone find the list?

Westercat
04-26-2017, 09:41 AM
Did anyone find the list?

Not yet... we still waiting... just meh

bigfishers
04-26-2017, 10:20 AM
who won... trion won!!! lol