PDA

View Full Version : Specific weapon for Finesse skills?

Sardonx
03-22-2014, 06:43 AM
Do Finesse skils only work if you are wielding daggers or can you use other melee weapons for it's melee/close quarter attacks?

AeonAuron
03-22-2014, 07:00 AM
You can use any weapon you want. But using staff will not make sense, for example :P

Nod
03-22-2014, 07:01 AM
I want to play finesse but someone can tell me if two handed weapons are still better than one handed (with ambidextry skill) ? I've heard it was the case.

AeonAuron
03-22-2014, 07:29 AM
What is "ambidextry" ?

But anyway, i used Finesse with 2Handed Greatsword for a very long time and the burst damage was pretty awesome.

Sardonx
03-22-2014, 07:32 AM
You can use any weapon you want. But using staff will not make sense, for example :P

Hehe, I was thinking of using the spear. Thanks for the reply.

Nod
03-22-2014, 07:33 AM
In the combat/assault (?) branch, there is a skill "ambidexterity" (I only have the translation in french : ambidextrie)

I used two handed sword too, but I like two daggers or two katanas : i don't know if efficiency is the same ?

Sardonx
03-22-2014, 07:34 AM
What is "ambidextry" ?

But anyway, i used Finesse with 2Handed Greatsword for a very long time and the burst damage was pretty awesome.

Wow, I might go that way instead. :D

Viciskander
03-22-2014, 07:35 AM
better is 2 x knife

you build faster death-wish to

AeonAuron
03-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Efficiency is not same, but maybe difference is not THAT big either. Even attack moves changes depending on weapon type. I am not sure but dual wielding weapons will hit enemy multiple times compared to 2 handed greatsword, since they are faster.

Also keep in mind that every weapon has different role/stat in PvP. For example Sword parries, mace stuns etc.

Sardonx
03-22-2014, 07:40 AM
better is 2 x knife

you build faster death-wish to

What does death wish do? I'm not very familiar with it.

AeonAuron
03-22-2014, 07:41 AM
Deathwish is a buff from Finesse skill tree, you accumulate it with using skills. Some of the skills may require Deathwish or Deathwish may buff some skills. For example, 40 level Finesse skill's damage will increase or decrease depending on how many deathwish stacks you have.

Viciskander
03-22-2014, 07:47 AM
finesse in the tree you build skills with some deathwish.
There are e.g. a skill -> perforation
the harm caused in the amount of 108 times the built-up deathwish
this harm is 7.5-fold increase when you're standing behind the enemy

> Shadow step -> perforation -> boom ;)

Sardonx
03-22-2014, 07:52 AM
Deathwish is a buff from Finesse skill tree, you accumulate it with using skills. Some of the skills may require Deathwish or Deathwish may buff some skills. For example, 40 level Finesse skill's damage will increase or decrease depending on how many deathwish stacks you have.

Ah so it works similar to Combo points im WoW's version of Finesse class. So it's a choice between the raw damage of a 2H weapon or the Deathwish stack of dual-wield. I feel like I want to go raw damage but I'll have to see which gameplay I like better when the game's released. Thank you guys for your input!

Sardonx
03-22-2014, 07:56 AM
finesse in the tree you build skills with some deathwish.
There are e.g. a skill -> perforation
the harm caused in the amount of 108 times the built-up deathwish
this harm is 7.5-fold increase when you're standing behind the enemy

> Shadow step -> perforation -> boom ;)

I hope it's not common to 1/2/3 shot someone or experience it yourself in this game. I really hope it would be more balanced & you get a chance to defend yourself.

Sekkusu
03-23-2014, 08:39 PM
When you use specific skills in the Finesse tree, you'll gain death wish stacks. Finisher skills like Perforation or Jagged Arrow from the Archery tree relies on the stacks for the their burst.

Kuro1n
03-23-2014, 10:15 PM
I hope it's not common to 1/2/3 shot someone or experience it yourself in this game. I really hope it would be more balanced & you get a chance to defend yourself.

You are playing the wrong game then... mages hitting you for 2x your max hp in 1 hit for example. Either way, there is HUGE bursts in this game.
Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0dEc77JdXo

KrayPanda
03-23-2014, 11:19 PM

I think it will be pretty common for awhile because many people will try to build some weird things and wear the most ridiculous armor setups. Those people are gonna get 1 or 2 shotted for sure but if you are intelligent at all with your build and gear setup I'm sure you will either avoid this fate or dish it out yourself :)