PDA

View Full Version : What is the best class to use if I only want to level using proficiencies? Thanks!

DoubleDigitDan
04-19-2014, 07:39 AM
I want to play Archeage as a farmer, or a blacksmith. I wanted to see what the best class I could choose to accomplish this. I plan on having a combat char, once I get the game, but I want to try just farming. Thanks for reading!

Legion
04-19-2014, 07:41 AM
I want to play Archeage as a farmer, or a blacksmith. I wanted to see what the best class I could choose to accomplish this. I plan on having a combat char, once I get the game, but I want to try just farming. Thanks for reading!

If you want use him as farmer then Harani race, but about classes I don't know, you can pick any

DoubleDigitDan
04-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Thanks for responding, I'll look into the race passives as well then. :)

Dark_Pegasus
04-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Classes don't seem to have much of an impact; except for the Artistry tree and the movement speed buff for transporting trade packs etc. In terms of classes for levelling; archer/mage seems dominant and best at the moment from the streams I've seen.

DoubleDigitDan
04-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Okay thanks, I'll make sure to pick up Artistry, and I'll see what other skillsets seem cool. Thanks!

SilverCrest
04-19-2014, 09:43 AM
take bot class [sorcery - vitalism - occultism]

Sacrius
04-19-2014, 11:53 AM
I'd just make several alts with different archetypes, like mage, warrior, archer etc. You can only level up 2 professions to Master level, which means that having alts is encouraged.
Leveling up just by farming can take a long while though, it would be a character you log in to and do your farming routine, then log out and play your main. Planting and harvesting are both constrained by growing time and labor points.

Los
04-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Yeah, like other people your restricted on how much you can do because of the labor points, which I feel like encourages you to both combat and crafting (combat while you wait for your labor points).

kiukiu
04-19-2014, 12:48 PM
I'd just make several alts with different archetypes, like mage, warrior, archer etc. You can only level up 2 professions to Master level, which means that having alts is encouraged.
Leveling up just by farming can take a long while though, it would be a character you log in to and do your farming routine, then log out and play your main. Planting and harvesting are both constrained by growing time and labor points.
if u have crafting reputation at 50k u can learn 3.

Toy Fuzion
04-19-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm considering making a character dedicated to mining / gathering skills, and the classes I was thinking about were Songcraft for the travel speed buff, Shadowplay to gain stealth, and maybe Vitalism for some self-healing. This spec would purely be honed around not fighting, but running away from PKs trying to steal my packs!! xD I think those are the new names for the skills. It's getting confusing!

Submarine
04-19-2014, 07:20 PM
doesn't matter, but probably some sort of plate-healer to up your survivability substantially so that people who try to kill you won't be able to alone.

SnowGod
04-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Classes don't have a direct impact on your ability to do crafting, but I would suggest going a Sorcery/Devotion and some other branch of your choice (Necromancy/Will/Artistry are some good choices) this is the setup that bots used in the Russian version of ArcheAge and it works out pretty well and a high damage and sustain build so that you can farm things like leather and purses from mobs. Purses give you a small amount of silver or a small chance of gaining a large amount of gold ( I got 78 gold in one purse, I've heard people have gotten up to 100 gold).

remix
04-20-2014, 05:01 AM
songcraft has a movement buff you can use to move faster. shadowplay can let you stealth away from someone if you see them coming from far enough away. and witchcraft gives you the bubble that can trap people for a long enough time to get away from them. mind you that i'm only thinking of ways to get away if things start to look bad.

Teramis
04-20-2014, 09:10 AM
In my mind, any class that gives you movement and defensive abilities would be the obvious choice, but hey, maybe go for a PVP focused build, that way if you get targeted while farming, youll be able to fight back?

Kriptini
04-20-2014, 09:21 AM
I would recommend Shadowplay/Songcraft/Auramancy. You'll get movement speed buffs, stealth, and teleports - all useful for one who wants to trade or gather in the wild.

In my mind, any class that gives you movement and defensive abilities would be the obvious choice, but hey, maybe go for a PVP focused build, that way if you get targeted while farming, youll be able to fight back?

If you want to be a farmer, you don't have to go into any PvP zones at all with some rare exceptions.

For traders, it's a different story.

Asuna
04-20-2014, 10:08 AM
^ Ah you beat me to it, but yes I would also recommend the mix of Shadowplay/Songcraft/Auramancy - you can farm mob's with shadowplay, songcraft auramancy would keep you alive and move you across the map faster you have the invaluable stealth mechanics and CC-removal.

http://arche-base.com/builds/view/1113-Farming
something like this?

Others feel free to suggest something better than it.

madmaru
04-22-2014, 07:29 AM
None of the skill trees directly effect the crafting professions but as stated above for situations of tradepacks and dealing with other players songcraft for speed buff and shadowplay for stealth and vitalism for healing will help your survivability.

Tekle
04-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Calling + Artistry+ Will just for trading build. Cause u will want to make packs from ur farm and trade,

Tracer
04-22-2014, 07:53 PM
I don't remember all the class names but there is one class with feign death that would be incredibly useful. If a mob attacks you, you just cast feign death and it would walk away. :)

rodde
04-23-2014, 05:50 AM
you can even not pick any class and be a realistic farmer without any disadvantage. and you can make it all the way to lvl 50 just doing that.