PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Community Q&A - 3.5, Trading, and Conflict

Morgana
05-19-2017, 02:37 PM
NOTE: Socke and Merv wanted to correct a bit of information from the stream today. It is below:

On the stream today it was suggested that Karkasse and Reedwind might cycle to peace - but that's not the case. In 3.5, they're still conflict zones that adhere to a scheduled non-traditional conflict cycle.

Hi all,

We just finished up our 3.5, Trading, and Conflict stream, which you can review here if you missed it:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/145197411

But, we know that the changes are immense, and a number of you had questions. Some wanted specifics that we'd need to double check for before answering. We want to ensure that you're getting the facts.

Please format your questions as follows:

Subject:

Question:

We'll leave this up at least through the weekend, so Khrolan and the team can answer some next week.

DanTheGreat
05-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Subject: Trading

Question:
Can you give detail on the number of pack limits during a leg 1 trade? There is talk about tradeposts "filling up" but you guys never mentioned anything about it, or how many leg 1 packs a tradepost can hold. Please also talk about how we go about determining if a tradepost is about to fill up.

CavemanSean
05-19-2017, 03:07 PM
Subject: Compensation
Question:
Stream was at 3:30pm my time, it is now 5:00pm my time... still no pack on the glyph page.... an ETA? lol

Kurita
05-19-2017, 03:39 PM
To create 2 cargo packs there are 14 normal/gilda + 8 tradehouse/plaza/community + 4 aged needed in stock.
The max stock of cargo pack are 200 packs.
If the stock of cargo packs is at maximum, you can still trade-in packs!
The price range of the cargo pack is from 50% up to 130%

astraelis7
05-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Subject: Gilda Dust Removal
Question: Will gilda dust still be required for upgrading Synthium Stones? I feel like this is one of the core reasons gilda is needed right now, so if it is removed then it will have a big impact on gilda dust economy :c

Alila
05-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Subject: Trade cart Following
Question: What are the new restrictions if any on the follow cart system in 3.5

badaboom
05-19-2017, 09:34 PM
This was promised to be announced and it wasn't.... sigh.... I need to know if I need to make changes to make gold or not trino...

badaboom
05-19-2017, 09:35 PM
Subject: Trade cart Following
Question: What are the new restrictions if any on the follow cart system in 3.5

This was promised to be announced and it wasn't.... sigh.... I need to know if I need to make changes to make gold or not trino...

Alila
05-19-2017, 11:11 PM
yer it was i was the one who asked it last week hahahahah

Guizmo
05-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Subject: Sunken Ships
Question: Will the system of the sunken ships packs change and how does the rate work and Perdita Statue Torso ?

Edit:
Answer: All other packs of the sea have a fixed rate. Delphinad Ghost Ship, Sunken Chest, Perdita, Abysall

Reprisal
05-20-2017, 01:17 AM
Subject:Trading "Leg #1"

Question:Since larders, fert, normal, and fellowship packs are now T1, are the prices going to be cut such as pre 3.5 sunbite fert->yny=17.9839 (not green) / post 3.5 that price will be 12 gold (just a number to give an example if getting cut) since these packs are the lowest tier they give the least?

Kurita
05-20-2017, 03:57 AM
http://www.mmospieler.de/35t/svy35.jpg

rbb138
05-20-2017, 06:18 AM
Subject: Trading NPC Ships

Question: Do you have any plans to limit people using these boats with all their alts? There are 8 (or 10) points to sit on the boat, and many players have this many alts online to farm gold. A five gold cost is nothing to a 60g pack, when you consider you can safely do this run back-to-back.

math:
1 pack = 60.80g income with 2% interest - 32.75g cost - 5g NPC Boat - 3g (~140 labour charged at ~2.5s/lp) = 20g profit

NPC boat: 30 minutes
Characters: 8
Packs 16 packs/hour
Net Profit: 320 gold an hour.
Net Labour: 280 lp/hour/alt (capacity to run for 10 hours a day at a 3.2k/day profit)

Assuming enough cargo is available, you can do this forever, its not "slow" or "expensive" when you consider the quantity of alts and that they can simply be left AFK in the meanwhile whilst you play your main.

It's not game breaking alone, I mean there's a lot you can do with alts at the moment to make 1 or 2k a day,
but it does mean cargo supplies will be much much lower and the seas will be empty of real non-NPC ships. Why would you take a real merchant with a real crew defending it when you can simply hop your alts on the daru boat for just 5 gold.

I suggest a higher cost of the NPC boat ticket: 10 gold a ticket would be a good increase to discourage people from mass-use of the NPC Boat system. It would change the profit per pack from 20g/pack to 15g/pack compared to the 25g/pack you get via merchant ship.

Little changes go a long way.

Traciatim
05-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Subject: Trade Pack T1 to T2 Conversion Rates

Question: On the live stream it was stated that for each 14 normal, 8 'top', or 4 larders an ocean pack would be created with each category being treated as a separate queue. The information that Kurita is supplying from Korea is that each 2 ocean packs consumes a total of 26 specialty packs in the 14-8-4 ratio. Which is correct for our version?

Traciatim
05-20-2017, 10:07 AM
Subject: Cargo T2 and T3 speed bonus rates.

Question: Information from Korea is that the speed bonus for gold/charcoal on T2 and T3 cargo is applied on top of the regular trade value turn in bonus but this was not clear in the live stream if this happens this way in our version. For our version are both the trade in value bonus and speed bonus applied on the base value of the pack at turn in or is it calculated in a different way?

Gentatsu
05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
1) Subject: Trade Centers

Question: Are the trade centers linked to each other?

2) Subject: Trade center pack capacity

Question: What is the trade pack and or Cargo pack max capacity for all 3 Trade centers and or per Trade center?

3) Subject: Trade Centers vs Danger zones

Question: Why do you feel anyone would still consider taking any trade packs at all to Ynyster for the L1 trades when players will be able to safley make the same if not more gold from the Solis and Villianelle Trade centers? ( Since day 1 its always been bigger risk gets bigger rewards and I see no more reward for taking any packs of any type to ynyster anymore when i can stay safe and run to solis and villie for just as much gold)

4) Subject: Auroria and Larders

Question: Will Larder packs ever be able to be built and utilized in Auroria as part of this new trade system?

5) Subject: Auroria pack system

Question: The specialty packs from Auroria after they are put into the system and turned into cargo packs can be taken to nui and haranie trade centers and should have the highest pay out correct?

6) Subject: Auroria cargo packs

Question: The auroria cargo packs will be used in the new system to turn in for dragon essence (freedrich) and charcoal (east and west continents) and should merit the highest charcoal payout due to the lengthy travel trip and risk, correct?

7) Subject: the shadow merchant for 20g

Question: Does this new merchant only work at the docks on nui and haranie continents or will it also work at the diamond shore trade center when the base is at rank 4?

8) Subject: Automated boats with protection certs

Question: Do these new automated ships travel just between east and west continents?

9) Subject: Automated ships

Question: Do these new Automated ships travel to each city with a trade center or is it just 1 city back and forth and is Diamond shores trade center included in their route or will ever be?

10) Subject: whale song harbor

Question: Since, We all saw about the new whales all over the place in the new zones and waters. Will we be getting a new type of fish (whales) to go catch?

11) Subject: whale song harbor

Question: If whales are added to the list of fish we can catch does this mean we will also be getting a new Whaling ship with larger cargo holds since whales would not fit in the small holds of the current available ships?

12) Subject: caernard trade center

Question: has and or will the caernard docks be re done to provide a bit more space since running packs into the city creates a huge bottle neck and was 1 of the reasons the gold traders were added to outside the cities, for more space??

13) Subject: the 2 new zones in auroria

Question: will one or bother or either of the 2 new zones have housing available?

This is all the questions i have for now. I shall add more as I think of them. Thank you in advance.

Gentatsu
Duskfire, kraken east

Traciatim
05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
I mean there's a lot you can do with alts at the moment to make 1 or 2k a day,
but it does mean cargo supplies will be much much lower and the seas will be empty of real non-NPC ships. Why would you take a real merchant with a real crew defending it when you can simply hop your alts on the daru boat for just 5 gold.

I suggest a higher cost of the NPC boat ticket: 10 gold a ticket would be a good increase to discourage people from mass-use of the NPC Boat system. It would change the profit per pack from 20g/pack to 15g/pack compared to the 25g/pack you get via merchant ship.

Keep in mind that one trade post on each island doesn't have a ferry. Also keep in mind that in order for there to be a flow of goods through the system the ocean packs need to be run and few traders are willing to risk their goods. Also, payout rates (I'm assuming here) should be better going to auroria and from auroria southward which don't have a ferry at all. Also keep in mind that no ocean packs get created until someone turns in land based packs, so you may not be able to do these runs in large quantities if they are that popular with alt armies buying up all the cargo all day.

So, while I understand the concern I don't think it's going to be as big an issue as it first seems and may even be beneficial to ensure turn in rates of land based packs stay higher more consistently for land based runs. It's really hard to say until we have it on live servers to see just how it all works out.

Traciatim
05-20-2017, 10:22 AM
1) Subject: Trade Centers

Question: Are the trade centers linked to each other?

2) Subject: Trade center pack capacity

Question: What is the trade pack and or Cargo pack max capacity for all 3 Trade centers and or per Trade center?

3) Subject: Trade Centers vs Danger zones

Question: Why do you feel anyone would still consider taking any trade packs at all to Ynyster for the L1 trades when players will be able to safley make the same if not more gold from the Solis and Villianelle Trade centers? ( Since day 1 its always been bigger risk gets bigger rewards and I see no more reward for taking any packs of any type to ynyster anymore when i can stay safe and run to solis and villie for just as much gold)

4) Subject: Auroria and Larders

Question: Will Larder packs ever be able to be built and utilized in Auroria as part of this new trade system?

5) Subject: Auroria pack system

Question: The specialty packs from Auroria after they are put into the system and turned into cargo packs can be taken to nui and haranie trade centers and should have the highest pay out correct?

6) Subject: Auroria cargo packs

Question: The auroria cargo packs will be used in the new system to turn in for dragon essence (freedrich) and charcoal (east and west continents) and should merit the highest charcoal payout due to the lengthy travel trip and risk, correct?

7) Subject: the shadow merchant for 20g

Question: Does this new merchant only work at the docks on nui and haranie continents or will it also work at the diamond shore trade center when the base is at rank 4?

8) Subject: Automated boats with protection certs

Question: Do these new automated ships travel just between east and west continents?

9) Subject: Automated ships

Question: Do these new Automated ships travel to each city with a trade center or is it just 1 city back and forth and is Diamond shores trade center included in their route or will ever be?

10) Subject: whale song harbor

Question: Since, We all saw about the new whales all over the place in the new zones and waters. Will we be getting a new type of fish (whales) to go catch?

11) Subject: whale song harbor

Question: If whales are added to the list of fish we can catch does this mean we will also be getting a new Whaling ship with larger cargo holds since whales would not fit in the small holds of the current available ships?

12) Subject: caernard trade center

Question: has and or will the caernard docks be re done to provide a bit more space since running packs into the city creates a huge bottle neck and was 1 of the reasons the gold traders were added to outside the cities, for more space??

13) Subject: the 2 new zones in auroria

Question: will one or bother or either of the 2 new zones have housing available?

This is all the questions i have for now. I shall add more as I think of them. Thank you in advance.

Gentatsu
Duskfire, kraken east

Some of these they answered on the live stream and some the info from Korea is available.

1) No, each has their own turn in value and stock of cargo.

2) Not sure, I've heard 150 and 200 cargo. Kurita has mentioned you can still turn in specialty packs when the post is full of cargo.

3) The values of T1 packs are similar to how they work now. Yny should also cycle more often due to things like mobs and quests pushing the zone so CR/GR should push it forward even when no PVP happens.

4) Doesn't seem like it, just the special Auroria lord coin originating packs.

5) You can see this on the live stream, yes the payouts seem HUGE from Auroria.

6) I don't know about charcoal values, but I assume it's going to be reasonably preportional to the costs of the packs.

7) He requires the peace buff around the towers, which only exist on the southern continents.

8) Yes, and only from 2 of the three ports on each island.

9) Only two cities (Solis -> Two Crowns, and back... Yny -> Solz, and back).

10) That's the rumor I heard, no idea if it's true or not.

11) No idea

12) No Idea

13) No Idea

Hopefully that helps.

Gentatsu
05-20-2017, 10:36 AM
Some of these they answered on the live stream and some the info from Korea is available.

1) No, each has their own turn in value and stock of cargo.

2) Not sure, I've heard 150 and 200 cargo. Kurita has mentioned you can still turn in specialty packs when the post is full of cargo.

3) The values of T1 packs are similar to how they work now. Yny should also cycle more often due to things like mobs and quests pushing the zone so CR/GR should push it forward even when no PVP happens.

4) Doesn't seem like it, just the special Auroria lord coin originating packs.

5) You can see this on the live stream, yes the payouts seem HUGE from Auroria.

6) I don't know about charcoal values, but I assume it's going to be reasonably preportional to the costs of the packs.

7) He requires the peace buff around the towers, which only exist on the southern continents.

8) Yes, and only from 2 of the three ports on each island.

9) Only two cities (Solis -> Two Crowns, and back... Yny -> Solz, and back).

10) That's the rumor I heard, no idea if it's true or not.

11) No idea

12) No Idea

13) No Idea

Hopefully that helps.

While I do appreciate an immediate response I was under the assumption this was for Khrolan and his team to answer next week and it was posted now so they can have time to get the answers and verify them. Unless you have joined khrolans team and they just havent given you you're red name yet, then allow me to offer congrats to joining them. I have read a lot of the threads of what it is like in the KR version, atm im interested in what tweaks and changes were made for our NA/EU version because as it was said by khrolan in the live, some tweaks were made. With that in mind, im currently looking for verified answers from Khrolan and his team, not answers of what it is in KR so that is what we get as well. No offense meant, i apologize if it comes across as such.

Traciatim
05-20-2017, 12:38 PM
While I do appreciate an immediate response I was under the assumption this was for Khrolan and his team to answer next week and it was posted now so they can have time to get the answers and verify them. Unless you have joined khrolans team and they just havent given you you're red name yet, then allow me to offer congrats to joining them. I have read a lot of the threads of what it is like in the KR version, atm im interested in what tweaks and changes were made for our NA/EU version because as it was said by khrolan in the live, some tweaks were made. With that in mind, im currently looking for verified answers from Khrolan and his team, not answers of what it is in KR so that is what we get as well. No offense meant, i apologize if it comes across as such.

They already answered most of them though. Why waste their time?

Mirakel
05-22-2017, 12:57 AM
The LOWER you make the profit per pack, the MORE it is going to be botted/used by altfarms, as no one else considers it worthwhile to do.

So as long as there is ANY profit in it, you better make it high enough for people to WANT to compete for those spots on the boat.

Subject: Trading NPC Ships

Question: Do you have any plans to limit people using these boats with all their alts? There are 8 (or 10) points to sit on the boat, and many players have this many alts online to farm gold. A five gold cost is nothing to a 60g pack, when you consider you can safely do this run back-to-back.

math:
1 pack = 60.80g income with 2% interest - 32.75g cost - 5g NPC Boat - 3g (~140 labour charged at ~2.5s/lp) = 20g profit

NPC boat: 30 minutes
Characters: 8
Packs 16 packs/hour
Net Profit: 320 gold an hour.
Net Labour: 280 lp/hour/alt (capacity to run for 10 hours a day at a 3.2k/day profit)

Assuming enough cargo is available, you can do this forever, its not "slow" or "expensive" when you consider the quantity of alts and that they can simply be left AFK in the meanwhile whilst you play your main.

It's not game breaking alone, I mean there's a lot you can do with alts at the moment to make 1 or 2k a day,

rbb138
05-22-2017, 07:07 AM
The LOWER you make the profit per pack, the MORE it is going to be botted/used by altfarms, as no one else considers it worthwhile to do.

So as long as there is ANY profit in it, you better make it high enough for people to WANT to compete for those spots on the boat.

You're telling me you, on your main character, are going to play archeage by sitting still on a boat forever? And that we should be making the price good enough for you to play archeage by doing this.

The whole point of the suggestion is to encourage you and others like you to actually take to the seas yourselves, take some risk, and enjoy either getting a much nicer payout or having to defend it from evil pirates. You will thank me later when you actually start enjoying yourself.

Surely, the latter is what archeage is about. And the former is a part of making the game easier for newer players starting out.

so you may not be able to do these runs in large quantities if they are that popular with alt armies buying up all the cargo all day.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Because there is only a 5g cost of completely disgarding the risk of losing all your stuff, nobody will ever even have the option to sea trade by merchant ship due to the limited cargo supplies (except from auroria, but realistically how popular will auroria land packs be to enable this). The 3rd post not having a ship is good, but how many people turn land packs into villanelle? That makes the only merchantship-able route from cinderstone peace time, which is the easiest to pirate and nearly always camped.

The suggestion is not to prevent alt armies from making lots of money, but that the 5g daru ship cost is going to severely limit the option for players to enjoy risky sea trade content for themselves over the seas. I can think of so many guild alliances that involved "safe sea trade" agreements, and so many archeage youtube videos centering around sea trade pirating.

This whole ingame-content creation system, for which archeage is well known for, is being effectively removed in favor of zero-risk afking. AFKing is not a video game - let alone one that people will make youtube videos or memories about.

Brannoc
05-22-2017, 09:44 AM
Subject: Turn in percentages

Question: Is there a change to the turn percentage recovery? Now it seems about 5% per hour. Does the return rate recover at a different rate? Lastly, is the rate affected by how "full" the tower is?

Doombunny
05-22-2017, 10:12 AM
You're telling me you, on your main character, are going to play archeage by sitting still on a boat forever? And that we should be making the price good enough for you to play archeage by doing this.

The whole point of the suggestion is to encourage you and others like you to actually take to the seas yourselves, take some risk, and enjoy either getting a much nicer payout or having to defend it from evil pirates. You will thank me later when you actually start enjoying yourself.

Surely, the latter is what archeage is about. And the former is a part of making the game easier for newer players starting out.

This is exactly what I am talking about.

Because there is only a 5g cost of completely disgarding the risk of losing all your stuff, nobody will ever even have the option to sea trade by merchant ship due to the limited cargo supplies (except from auroria, but realistically how popular will auroria land packs be to enable this). The 3rd post not having a ship is good, but how many people turn land packs into villanelle? That makes the only merchantship-able route from cinderstone peace time, which is the easiest to pirate and nearly always camped.

The suggestion is not to prevent alt armies from making lots of money, but that the 5g daru ship cost is going to severely limit the option for players to enjoy risky sea trade content for themselves over the seas. I can think of so many guild alliances that involved "safe sea trade" agreements, and so many archeage youtube videos centering around sea trade pirating.

This whole ingame-content creation system, for which archeage is well known for, is being effectively removed in favor of zero-risk afking. AFKing is not a video game - let alone one that people will make youtube videos or memories about.

How cute, you think farmers like pvp. farmer/crafters are the MOST risk averse population in this game - they have far too much to lose (labor, time, gold) than any 'evil pirate' who kills them and takes their stuff. The risk/reward ratio for those who choose piracy is WAY out of whack, making it a far more attractive option if you have a high gear score.

People will only engage in risky activities if the reward is great enough for the cost. In the current tradepack system (and the new one!) the reward is not great enough to warrant the risk of piracy. Better devs than xlgames have failed to balance that equation.

All is not lost with this system though - with the increased demand for charcoal stabilizers, there will still be a demand for the t2 packs to be carried inland...in safety.

rbb138
05-23-2017, 06:59 AM
People will only engage in risky activities if the reward is great enough for the cost. In the current tradepack system (and the new one!) the reward is not great enough to warrant the risk of piracy.

Again, this is exactly what I am talking about.

But, the risk for pirates is not zero. Upgraded ships are not free, and time spent patrolling the sea finding nothing all day surely carries a cost to motivation and enjoyment. Not to mention the fact that only about half the ships you see, you will succeed in incepting.

The game has many upgrades you can make to your mechant ship to increase their speed, hide them from radar and out-manouver people with greater turn speeds. This is not some completely broken system to be removed from overseas traderuns. Realistically if you get boarded on the sea as a trader, the gear score of the pirates hardly matters as most of the time they will outnumber you greatly, or can just cannon your ship down from range. sea naval fights are not pvp.

The most fun pirating I have ever had was chasing this one low-geared guild from villanelle to halcyona normally 2 times a day. They had shroudlights, alts watching all the ports, and decoy ships. In about three weeks (like 40+ attempts) we caught them once by using our own shroudlights, a galleon decoy and a mythic clipper. The risk they took clearly paid off even with that loss, they were exceptionally good at it and I don't think we ever caught them again on the sea. When done correctly, the risk of piracy is absolutely manageable.

You are right about traders being risk-adverse, and the reward should be very high to compensate for this. But surely you do not speak for all traders. Why should better traders than you, who wish to take the calculated risk of going out onto the seas, see all the cargo drained by alts and farmers using 5 gold daru safe zone ships, and their content denied.

It looks like the whole point of the cargo development was to make sea trading higher value once more, yet with the 13:1 ratio and cheap protection: the availability and risk-reward, respectively, undermines the system completely.

This can be addressed by decreasing the ratios for cargo (could result in more inflation) or measures to decrease the use of the daru NPC ship. Personally I think the latter is a better option, and new players could even be given an amount of bound tickets to make the ship cost more affordable for them.

Doombunny
05-23-2017, 08:10 AM
Again, this is exactly what I am talking about.

You are right about traders being risk-adverse, and the reward should be very high to compensate for this. But surely you do not speak for all traders. Why should better traders than you, who wish to take the calculated risk of going out onto the seas, see all the cargo drained by alts and farmers using 5 gold daru safe zone ships, and their content denied.

You bring up some very good points, but I would like to focus on this paragraph because it highlights the differences between PvP players and PvE players.

You state that trade runs via contested zones is content for PvE players, but that is incorrect....that is content for YOU as a pirate. It is in your best interests to convince PvE players to conduct these more risky trade runs because you NEED them to fuel your content.

PvE players, generally speaking, want very little to do with PvP and in an open world game will seek to minimize risk especially if they stand to lose significant time and resources. They do not NEED PvP players nor do they even WANT them. They are an annoyance at best and game breaking at worst.

That is why when this new system goes into play you will probably see increased ocean activity for a week or two and then it will suddenly drop off and we'll see the evolution of the Alt Ant Swarm.

rbb138
05-23-2017, 09:00 AM
You bring up some very good points, but I would like to focus on this paragraph because it highlights the differences between PvP players and PvE players.

You state that trade runs via contested zones is content for PvE players, but that is incorrect....that is content for YOU as a pirate. It is in your best interests to convince PvE players to conduct these more risky trade runs because you NEED them to fuel your content.

PvE players, generally speaking, want very little to do with PvP and in an open world game will seek to minimize risk especially if they stand to lose significant time and resources. They do not NEED PvP players nor do they even WANT them. They are an annoyance at best and game breaking at worst.

That is why when this new system goes into play you will probably see increased ocean activity for a week or two and then it will suddenly drop off and we'll see the evolution of the Alt Ant Swarm.

Actually I'm on both sides of the equation, being not an actual pirate, but a nuian.

The best way to trade is to control the seas, which involves being a "green" pirate sometimes and setting up guild agreements. There are whole guilds setup for this game mechanic which, just because you don't want to get involved in, doesn't mean you should get the sameish reward for zero risk.

And, as I said before, naval fighting is not pvp. Most pvp players suck at naval stuff, hate it, have badly upgraded ships and would rather swim in the water. There are many builds which work great in naval but suck in pvp. Having control and good cannons on your ship is much stronger than a pvp class in the water.

It really is a shame that we could be seeing this whole portion of the game killed off.

Shalille
05-23-2017, 10:53 AM
It reads to me as if the player ship routes are not locked in to deliver to the opposite port as per ferry.
So Players can sail their cargo from any on their 3 coast ports(+DS) , and deliver it to any of the 3 opposite ports (+DS)
The best payout cross continent will probably be two crowns->ynystere , or solis->solzreed

This gives real sailers more profitable delivery options than ferry alts..... and more naval places for pirates to patrol.

While it might seem like merchant ships are obsolete here cos theres few packs available to fill it and ppl will instead use speedboats....... 5x 60g of packs on a speedboat driver is a very ,very juicy pirate target, and speedboat has no radar nor shroudlghts to either alert it to pirates nor hide it from pirates.

Instead a stripped down merchant, with a 4 trade slots , radar and shroudlights might find it a lot easier to to bring that 300g worth of 5x60 packs past the pirate blockades.

rbb138
05-23-2017, 02:27 PM
It reads to me as if the player ship routes are not locked in to deliver to the opposite port as per ferry.
So Players can sail their cargo from any on their 3 coast ports(+DS) , and deliver it to any of the 3 opposite ports (+DS)
The best payout cross continent will probably be two crowns->ynystere , or solis->solzreed

It looked to me like 30g wherever you take it, anyone can confirm?

YalTheCat
05-24-2017, 01:16 AM
on Eanna a lot of folk seem to be stockiling stage 1 packs, assuming these will work (would be a bit stupid if they don't) then there should be a fair few stage2 packs avaliable initially. this should allow folk to get the idea and work out what they realy can make, (Practical experiance > theory) early on, which if the numbers above are right (which I have no reason to doubt) will probbly have the end result of folk continuing to do this.

rbb138
05-24-2017, 07:39 AM
on Eanna a lot of folk seem to be stockiling stage 1 packs, assuming these will work (would be a bit stupid if they don't) then there should be a fair few stage2 packs avaliable initially. this should allow folk to get the idea and work out what they realy can make, (Practical experiance > theory) early on, which if the numbers above are right (which I have no reason to doubt) will probbly have the end result of folk continuing to do this.

Really interesting post!

The requirement for two cargo packs is: 14 - 8 - 4 (normal, fert, larder)
which means on average 13 packs is necessary to make one cargo pack.

A tradeship is 22 cargo packs, meaning 286 packs would need to be turned in to generate enough for one tradeship.

I'm not really sure that's a realistic amount to do yourself, to generate enough packs for a merchant. That's 32 freighters: maybe if you had a train of 8 you could do four runs? Perhaps we will see people start to stockpile T1 packs at the post for ez trade-in, but then theres the huge risk of somebody else just coming and taking all the cargo you're generating (can't take them out as you go due to freshness).

But lets say you guys manage to get enough and are super organised:

Even on Eanna, where trading is arguably the most popular thing, lets say 1000 packs get turned in each side each day (I have no idea if this is accurate, it could be 500 it could be 2000). That's only capacity for four tradeships a day maximum from each side, assuming you can even get 22 cargo at once. On average that is one tradeship crossing the seas every 2 to 3 hours, assuming zero daru ship usage.

Hardly the picture of fun naval content & activity.

Focslain
05-24-2017, 08:27 AM
Well also remember that the cost to buy the t2/3 packs varies depending on the stock, the higher the stock the lower the price. For decent profit your going to want to buy at around 50% stock. If you empty the trade post your lowering your profit quite a bit.

blisternoob
05-24-2017, 09:09 AM
Question: with no more gilda star traders how will the changes be made to the designs such as the speedboat and those other huge gilda cost items will we be expected to do just the gilda dailies for a few years to get those costly designs

Traciatim
05-27-2017, 12:06 PM
Good thing all of our questions get answered in a timely manner. It would be pretty horrible for a company to go out of their way to ask their customers for questions or concerns and then completely ignore them.

Seneschal
05-27-2017, 01:17 PM
Subject: Ocean/Charcoal Pack Timers
Question: If I place an Ocean/Charcoal Trade Pack in a Storage Silo will the "freshness" timer continue to run down?

Subject: Packs created BEFORE 3.5
Question: Will packs created before 3.5 is released be good when the servers come back up after the 3.5 patch?

Thank you

Traciatim
05-28-2017, 05:03 AM
Subject: Ocean/Charcoal Pack Timers
Question: If I place an Ocean/Charcoal Trade Pack in a Storage Silo will the "freshness" timer continue to run down?

Subject: Packs created BEFORE 3.5
Question: Will packs created before 3.5 is released be good when the servers come back up after the 3.5 patch?

Thank you

They anwered the first one. Yes, the timer still goes. There is no way to stop the timer.

The second one I'm assuming, but every other time packs have changed the existing ones were usable at the new values and they are all the same packs so there is no reason to think they would not just turn in for their new value.

If only they had some type of publicly available testing server that people could use to try things like this on.

Jingle the Dwarf
06-02-2017, 03:05 AM
Housing & Plots of Land for Sale

Will there be a better method to see where housing or plots of land are for sale?

While I love traveling the lands... I'd love a better method.

Starynight
06-02-2017, 04:08 AM
Subject: Trading

Question: Why do some prices of packs such as Airain rock to cinder and White Arden to cinder have the same price for gilda, fert and normal pack when Airain is further away than white arden?

Katsunaga
06-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Subject: Crafting

Question: S200 and S5000 - These are apparently a new tier of cars...can Timber Coupe Owners/Redwood Roadsters have the ability to convert over? Similar to how the Apex Squall or Comet Speedster could be converted to Timber Coupes? How do we convert to these or can we? If we cannot - does this mean that we have to start over from scratch or does that mean the B200 is the upgrade?

Reasoning behind this is the S200 and S5000 only show upgrading from scratch, does this mean this is the only way to even attain these?

AKI
06-03-2017, 10:52 AM
Question: will we be seeing a new "Eternal Pack" for the 3.5 launch for Fresh Start servers?
Would drop some dough for a Pegasus mount =P

Angrykat
06-07-2017, 11:18 AM
I wish to know why Breezy/Tide house do not count for the community centers and will they count as res for packs?

Angrykat
06-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Subject: Res for pack sales
Question:
why are beach houses excluded as houses for community centers and will they count for trade packs in 3.5? (sorry first time)

Felixccb
06-08-2017, 07:51 PM
I think Rbb138 is from the staff. From what he said here in the forum. Or like to suffer. I came here to say that I found the prices of the fertilizer packs very low. He even lost the grace of making a home for packs. You need to fix this urgently.

Scab
06-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Subject: "Go a cut above the rest: All females have 2 new hairstyles, while Dwarven women have 3 new hairstyles!"

Question: Why you lie?? :(

Ada007
06-09-2017, 04:35 AM
Subject: Cargo requirements

Question: To make cargo and reset the %, we need: 14 specialty + 8 plaza/fert + 4 aged OF THE SAME ZONE OR NOT ?
For example, there are 100 specialty and fertilizer packs from all the regions (Dewstone, Gweonid, Lilyut, White Arden,... ) at the trading post. If I bring 4 Aged pack from Gweonid Forest to the trading post, it will reset specialty and fert pack of the same zone Gweonid? or randomly? or... some other rule?

Qwasemoto
06-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Sadly, I think your new trade system is broken. Here are my reasons why I say that.

1. While you stand and turn in trade packs (Assuming you brought the entire 26 packs needed to make a cargo, anywhere from 2 to 20 people are standing at the cargo vendor and trying to buy the Cargo you are trying to make.

2. The cost of making any pack has been greatly increase due to the price of seeds needed to grow the materials for it, and I don't believe you have considered that in your price adjustments calculations.

3. The follow failure/cost has also increased the cost of moving enough packs to actually create a cargo pack.

4. The price/need to single plant in order to get the mat for larders has been increased so far beyond affordable it's a useless pack and still must be created in order to create a cargo pack.

Kymss
06-09-2017, 07:51 AM
I hope you are able to see how each server is doing with the new system, especially the number of cargo packs being produced. Our trade is at almost a standstill so few cargo packs are being produced.

Pequeno
06-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Pls fix this terrible trade system, i am unable to do anything, ill prepaid as much as possible my land, and wait until it changes back.! i simple cant move my packs from my lands in anhimar, cos theres no more simultaneous peace between hellswamp+hacyona. I am a farmer, and at this moment, theres nothing i can do in-game!

Mimonk
06-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Pls fix this terrible trade system, i am unable to do anything, ill prepaid as much as possible my land, and wait until it changes back.! i simple cant move my packs from my lands in anhimar, cos theres no more simultaneous peace between hellswamp+hacyona. I am a farmer, and at this moment, theres nothing i can do in-game!

+1 same for me ....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

TriopOfKraken
06-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Subject: Conflict Cycles

Question: Are there restrictions in certain zones or different requirements per zone for pushing zones to peace by grinding mobs? It seems like Ynystere doesn't want to budge no matter how many mobs I kill.

TeaIce
06-11-2017, 10:20 AM
will there be any changes to the gear for new players on legacy servers ?
any incoming changes to the BROKEN TRADE system ?

any changes to the new car that i snearly the same price as the timber coupe ?

and How do you PLAN to ATTRACT the new players or the Returning one or even keep the current player base ?

Arimoon
06-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Pls fix this terrible trade system, i am unable to do anything, ill prepaid as much as possible my land, and wait until it changes back.!

Same I do atm!

Im also farmer and Trader in this game! Needed a long time to get the land I wanted for a running traderoute and now its just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!

I dont like the pvp in this game - cause ist ptw, I generelly dont like PvE, but the housing, trading and farmwork I rly liked in this game (till 3.0!!) and it was the only reason for me to continue play during the last two years!

Pls bring at least the missing Tradepackmerchants back to their old spots!

adam
06-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Trion ruining game even futher just leave trade system as it was no point of even doing trade packs no more trade system broken 20g a pack might aswell plant potatoes and get more gold n save time

Kaytee
06-12-2017, 11:45 AM
I have a couple questions. First I noticed that 70% of the Jinns tounge were removed from the game in 3.0 now that we are in 3.5 the rest have been removed :( Why? Are the crit from the Jinns tounge still needed for one of the gathering titles/ quests? I'm a scavenger so I notice these things.

Also some seeds were added for vocation (180 vocation each) they were blueberry, black pepper and vanilla. Those items are now acrane level but still only produce rare level product. Crude seeds produce 10/ 10 refined, grand seed produces 20/ 10 refined, rare seed produces 45/ 10 refined so shouldn't arcane seed, that cost twice as much as rare, give more product? I would think at least 75 but if you follow the cost reward model with the other seeds it would be a 90-100/10 refined. Also the clubhead spore was not added to the avalable seeds but all the wilted grass and wild grass which gave Clubhead spore, black pepper seed or vanilla seed has also been removed from the game. Was this intended? I have seen the lower level seed spawns are still in the game only the high level spawns have been removed.

Kaytee
06-12-2017, 12:01 PM
All is not lost with this system though - with the increased demand for charcoal stabilizers, there will still be a demand for the t2 packs to be carried inland...in safety.

LOL but at over 30gold per pack and only 20 charcoal reward not to mention the labor and ticket Charcoal should be selling for 4gold each at a minimum. I may be a big tater but I miss my quick, quite overseas charcoal runs. This new charcoal system is for the birds. No risk and no real reward either. Only the desperate run charcoal now... :(

TriopOfKraken
06-12-2017, 12:10 PM
LOL but at over 30gold per pack and only 20 charcoal reward not to mention the labor and ticket Charcoal should be selling for 4gold each at a minimum. I may be a big tater but I miss my quick, quite overseas charcoal runs. This new charcoal system is for the birds. No risk and no real reward either. Only the desperate run charcoal now... :(

It's only 30g if there is little to no stock. If there a decent amount in there then the price will be better. If people could use their brains for a few moments and realize that it's not a good deal at 130% to buy them then the stock will build up some.

Focslain
06-12-2017, 12:39 PM

It's only 30g if there is little to no stock. If there a decent amount in there then the price will be better. If people could use their brains for a few moments and realize that it's not a good deal at 130% to buy them then the stock will build up some.

If the packs are allowed to dip to only 100% it would 23g to purchase the packs. This would place the cost of charcoal at just over 1g. But few are letting the stock build so....

Kaytee
06-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Question: with no more gilda star traders how will the changes be made to the designs such as the speedboat and those other huge gilda cost items will we be expected to do just the gilda dailies for a few years to get those costly designs

Gilda production:
5 from blue salt dailies
2-3 if you have an upgraded house and if you have more then one different upgrade they give different tasks.
4 from meals plus 5 gold each to pay for mats
Guild task daily packs in DS 1 from wall and 1 from bridge
Mentor dungeons for 3 gilda each (PC, SWM, BC, HF)
family dailies give a couple
so like 25 a day easy...
12 this month from login daily

That is just off the top of my head. Gilda just isn't that hard if you are consistent. Plus there is no more need for gilda dust to do upgrades so that reduces the need.

Focslain
06-12-2017, 01:06 PM
Gilda production:
5 from blue salt dailies
2-3 if you have an upgraded house and if you have more then one different upgrade they give different tasks.
4 from meals plus 5 gold each to pay for mats
Guild task daily packs in DS 1 from wall and 1 from bridge
Mentor dungeons for 3 gilda each (PC, SWM, BC, HF)
family dailies give a couple
so like 25 a day easy...
12 this month from login daily

That is just off the top of my head. Gilda just isn't that hard if you are consistent. Plus there is no more need for gilda dust to do upgrades so that reduces the need.

Also there are daily quests that give gilda if you have mining, husbandry, farming, or gathering up to 50K. And the daily WB kill quest (per boss).

High cost plans aren't hard to get, maybe a few months max if your lazy. There is not much needed for gilda other then plans and packs. Also if you have a backstock of dust you can sell it or use it in pack production.

Gentatsu
06-12-2017, 07:00 PM
I would like to know why the designs for the Dimensional Storage chests were removed from the game and not put in the patch notes? The recipe for them still shows up in the folio. No recipe book in mirage and none on Carpentry npc merch. No sign of them on the market either.

Also, within 10ft of the dimension display chest in mirage is the 3 different salvage forges. I thought They were removed from the game? If so, then how come i can still buy the designs for them in mirage?

Earedil
06-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Ancestral Level downgrade bug! When is it going to be fixed?
Many of us have lost honor points and/or vocation to re-upgrade. Personally i have lost more than 24000 honor points and downgraded 3 lvls at once just by being killed just once from mobs. Funny thing is that i used immortal silver tonic and shouldn't even have a single XP reduction.
So when is this bug going to be fixed and what will our compensation be?

Achilles - Leviathan (EU)

Venomous
06-13-2017, 01:18 PM
http://www.mmospieler.de/35t/svy35.jpg

thx for that usefull sheet Kurita

:)

Felixccb
06-14-2017, 08:56 AM
You do not have to have a lot of talk. After this update the number of players decreases a lot. Homes and land are gone. Has it improved ?? How long have they kept their eyes closed to see this? I walk on the maps and there is so much empty ground. Marianople is no longer with so many people. I think what should change is to put price limit on apex in game. Decrease the price on the website. If the price goes down you will sell much more. Even for players who do not have much financial condition. As in Aion Online, it cost $ 14 to be entitled to play per month. That is, $ 14 and you get apex during the month. 1 apex 7.50 dollars. It would be a good size for everyone and it would boost the game.

goetheanum123
06-15-2017, 03:39 PM
hi.

i play not 24/7 AA , so please fix this new Tradesystem, make cargo personalize, means i fill-in what needed, i get the cargo.
stay everday til 05:00 for delivery aged tps, if lucky no1 around is stupid, not every1 can do it....
i dont feed outlet-campers . So please, before many peeps leave this game, turn this tradesystem.

Jingle the Dwarf
06-16-2017, 10:41 AM
Since 3.5 came out, I have only been able to find 1 pack to run to the other side, in order to complete my family quest.

Now, when 3.5 came out, I moved my Tidal as close to the NPC as possible. I'm like right there.. a hop - and a skip away.

I check and check - and check. I check so often... that I miss out on other game play.

I work 8 hours a day an spend about 2 hours a day in traffic.

There has got to be a better method.

I need do complete that family quest to gain vocation points and - I used to look forward to running my family quest when I got home from work.

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Since 3.5 came out, I have only been able to find 1 pack to run to the other side, in order to complete my family quest.

Now, when 3.5 came out, I moved my Tidal as close to the NPC as possible. I'm like right there.. a hop - and a skip away.

I check and check - and check. I check so often... that I miss out on other game play.

I work 8 hours a day an spend about 2 hours a day in traffic.

There has got to be a better method.

I need do complete that family quest to gain vocation points and - I used to look forward to running my family quest when I got home from work.

There's a couple of things which will help with this actually. When you check the specialty buyer - that person usually gives you a counter as to what has been turned in.

The key to this is if you are only looking for the cargo pack to turn in, you want to see if the trader has the following - 14 specialties, 8 fertilizer packs and 4 aged packs. If you click on the quantities, it will show you how many have been turned in. If you're careful about it, you can simply bide your time until people turn in the necessary packs to make a cargo. Remember that for every Nuian and Haranya Cargo, you get 2 per each 14, 8 and 4. For Aurorian Cargo, you can only get 1 for every 2 territory packs and 1 frontier pack. If you're quick, you can grab a cargo pack to run. Now, people will be very possessive of their cargo. Meaning as soon as they turn in the packs, an alt may be ready to refresh and grab both packs QUICK. You should check the specialty buyer prior to that person arriving so you can count as they turn in packs to get yourself ready to grab the cargo. If you rapidly click to check, you're going to miss the cargo packs. Have patience and wait until the needed pack is turned in before you click to purchase. There is a 1 minute refresh time so if you click too soon, you will miss out and if you click too late you may miss out. It's just a matter of timing in this case. Don't feel crushed if you can't run cargo daily, not a lot of cargo is made yet. BUT once people learn the system, there will be regular people running cargo and it will be about timing it so you can get cargo for the dailies. Hope this helps!

Jingle the Dwarf
06-16-2017, 10:59 AM
You do not have to have a lot of talk. After this update the number of players decreases a lot. Homes and land are gone. Has it improved ?? How long have they kept their eyes closed to see this? I walk on the maps and there is so much empty ground. Marianople is no longer with so many people. I think what should change is to put price limit on apex in game. Decrease the price on the website. If the price goes down you will sell much more. Even for players who do not have much financial condition. As in Aion Online, it cost $ 14 to be entitled to play per month. That is, $ 14 and you get apex during the month. 1 apex 7.50 dollars. It would be a good size for everyone and it would boost the game.

If you sell APEX for less -- then I'd drop my auto-payments for my prestige, and save $$ by buying APEX - and paying for my membership this way. But this means that TRION would then lose profit.

It also means that people moving away from auto-payments to buy APEX in the game would raise the demand for it, which could saturate the market with people selling and drive the in-game price down more. You'd also have more tickets about folks forgetting to pay and losing their homes.

Case in point - the daily boxes are putting more gems in the market. Look at the past prices and how drastic they dropped. I won't buy them anymore. I don't see the value now that the items are being sold for well under price.

Lose the value of something and you lose the sales.

Jingle the Dwarf
06-16-2017, 11:02 AM
There's a couple of things which will help with this actually. When you check the specialty buyer - that person usually gives you a counter as to what has been turned in.

The key to this is if you are only looking for the cargo pack to turn in, you want to see if the trader has the following - 14 specialties, 8 fertilizer packs and 4 aged packs. If you click on the quantities, it will show you how many have been turned in. If you're careful about it, you can simply bide your time until people turn in the necessary packs to make a cargo. Remember that for every Nuian and Haranya Cargo, you get 2 per each 14, 8 and 4. For Aurorian Cargo, you can only get 1 for every 2 territory packs and 1 frontier pack. If you're quick, you can grab a cargo pack to run. Now, people will be very possessive of their cargo. Meaning as soon as they turn in the packs, an alt may be ready to refresh and grab both packs QUICK. You should check the specialty buyer prior to that person arriving so you can count as they turn in packs to get yourself ready to grab the cargo. If you rapidly click to check, you're going to miss the cargo packs. Have patience and wait until the needed pack is turned in before you click to purchase. There is a 1 minute refresh time so if you click too soon, you will miss out and if you click too late you may miss out. It's just a matter of timing in this case. Don't feel crushed if you can't run cargo daily, not a lot of cargo is made yet. BUT once people learn the system, there will be regular people running cargo and it will be about timing it so you can get cargo for the dailies. Hope this helps!

The family quest only allows me to pick up a Haranya Cargo. I have to pay for it and take the boat across the waters to turn it in.

Does what you say above apply to the Family Quest?

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 02:22 PM
The family quest only allows me to pick up a Haranya Cargo. I have to pay for it and take the boat across the waters to turn it in.

Does what you say above apply to the Family Quest?

Yes it actually does. Cargo is cargo afterall. If you take one cargo, you can complete the quest. Unfortunately, this encourages you to wait at the trade posts for packs, so get ready for people to try to snag the packs before you can get them. Again, general rule of thumb is count until you see the first pack appear on someone's back. If they have a shadow daru, it will be difficult to track them and the cargo seller.

Once you have a timing set or once you see the first pack spawn on someone's back, quickly click and buy. It will say 2 or 0 depending on however many are turned in. Other rule of thumb is if you can, make larders and store them somewhere, then bring them in when you have someone who can watch the turn in for you that you trust. If you get your turn-ins done, you could take the pack and move it to turn in for your daily. Strategies will vary so it's about experimenting and testing it still until timing and turn ins are right.

Jingle the Dwarf
06-23-2017, 09:24 AM
Yes it actually does. Cargo is cargo afterall. If you take one cargo, you can complete the quest. Unfortunately, this encourages you to wait at the trade posts for packs, so get ready for people to try to snag the packs before you can get them. Again, general rule of thumb is count until you see the first pack appear on someone's back. If they have a shadow daru, it will be difficult to track them and the cargo seller.

Once you have a timing set or once you see the first pack spawn on someone's back, quickly click and buy. It will say 2 or 0 depending on however many are turned in. Other rule of thumb is if you can, make larders and store them somewhere, then bring them in when you have someone who can watch the turn in for you that you trust. If you get your turn-ins done, you could take the pack and move it to turn in for your daily. Strategies will vary so it's about experimenting and testing it still until timing and turn ins are right.

It seems if I take the family quest, run the pack over, it only gives me charcoal.

I understand your suggestions, but time is not as available to some of us. I can only put in an hour or so per day and I have been waiting for packs to no avail. While I can put in more time on the weekend, the Donkey quest was a quick 15 minutes or less, and I knew I could do it every day. I also would ride along with one of my daughters, or both of them and it was fun.

There actually are several families playing this way in my guild. Taking away the Donkey quest was a real bummer.

Airish Finnisia
06-23-2017, 02:52 PM
It seems if I take the family quest, run the pack over, it only gives me charcoal.

I understand your suggestions, but time is not as available to some of us. I can only put in an hour or so per day and I have been waiting for packs to no avail. While I can put in more time on the weekend, the Donkey quest was a quick 15 minutes or less, and I knew I could do it every day. I also would ride along with one of my daughters, or both of them and it was fun.

There actually are several families playing this way in my guild. Taking away the Donkey quest was a real bummer.

agree. I miss the donkey... quest.

Felixccb
06-25-2017, 10:52 AM
I can not believe that there are still people defending the game. It's because he plays in Salphira. A dead server, where you can come and go at any time.

Jingle the Dwarf
06-26-2017, 09:38 AM
The whole point of the suggestion is to encourage you and others like you to actually take to the seas yourselves, take some risk, and enjoy either getting a much nicer payout or having to defend it from evil pirates.

I spent hours with a new player yesterday, desperate to do SOMETHING w/o patron. They were trying to earn money and I told them about the public farms, about gardening/farming the wilds.

Then I realized, w/o the Donkey quest he was messed up. Almost no way to make gold on his own. He could make a family an alt but w/o patron, neither could own land.

So I did a fert pack run, let him unload it all and turn it in, and I took and gifted him the mats and scrolls for a Farm Cart and Clipper and took him out to teach him.

I told him that "the sea is our lifeblood" and I agree with you.

---

My point is, not everyone is able to cross the ocean, many don't have boats.

We need to balance out this type of poverty for new players.

There needs to be something to help our new players get started, but - not making it so persons with a staggering amount of alts can abuse or exploit.

Felixccb
06-28-2017, 09:06 AM
I stopped playing. I demolished my farm ranchers, my three house, and sold what I could sell. It's impossible to play the way Triom is proposing. The price of the seeds are very high. It looks like a country without a government. Everything increases only to the side of the owners. Not counting the rates of commerce that never go down and the prices that never leave conflict zone. They've done this once in Salphira and it did not work out. And now they did it again in fresh start. Making a mistake once is normal, but persisting in error is stupid. Sorry for the sincerity. That's what knocked out the number of players in the Salphira, putting the maps always in conflict. Because?? What's the point of this? I know, make you run out of gold, no evolution, no gameplay.

Qwasemoto
06-28-2017, 10:04 AM
have you reevaluated your basic premise on how commerce works?

You appear to think that people will turn in groups of packs in the correct mix to actually create cargo, then they will take their cargo and run overseas. Let's look at this in steps;
1 - someone turns in some random packs to make gold (8-10) packs now in the box.
a. This happens about 60 to 80 times a day
b. Those packs are no available for cargo if someone will turn in packs from a community center and someone turns in Larders.
2 - someone turns in some random packs from a community center
a. This happens about 10 to 15 times a day
b. Those packs are no available for cargo if someone will turn in Larders.
3 - someone turns in 4 larders
a. This happens about 10 times a day (ish) so 16 + 4 packs are consumed.
b. Once person turns in larders the 1 to 6 people standing around the pack maker take the cargo
c. Person leaves disappointed that his larder turn in did not make him any cargo.

Now lets add this up about 40 cargo a day is made, about 200 or so other random packs per day stay in the box. This does not appear to empty the box so
prices can improve.

Aycee
06-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Subject: Acid Gobbets and Cursed Armor Scrap Dailies

Question: With the new events being to difficult for factions that can't pull the numbers needed to finish the event, could we have a discussion about implementing a kill quest for the new zones, similar to the Ayanad Scroll Scraps to aid players in finishing their Erenor Scrolls alone? A lot of content being added to the game require raids to complete, but with a diminishing population more solo content would be very nice.

Argentto
06-28-2017, 01:24 PM
morpheus
cargo internal continent pay 24 chacoal the most of the time in hellswamp
You have to spend 32g for 24 chacoal and sell at 1.80g in AH = 11g of earnings , if we add that we spend about 175 of labor, (105 if you have 230k profession).
How many packs can you sell with this work? And at a better price?
The cargo pack sucks
The oversea pack are different, we see a higher payment, but at what point?
We spend the same labor, the same ticket, but gives us a gain of 41g-45g.
It is not bad, nor is it good because the investment is big and the risk too, but it is much more tempting than the charcoal.
Cheeses no one makes them, no one wants lands, no one needs them, and cheeses are only to get oversea packs, the problem is that there is an alters army waiting in the machine: D

Jingle the Dwarf
06-30-2017, 04:49 AM
Also there are daily quests that give gilda if you have mining, husbandry, farming, or gathering up to 50K. And the daily WB kill quest (per boss).

High cost plans aren't hard to get, maybe a few months max if your lazy. There is not much needed for gilda other then plans and packs. Also if you have a backstock of dust you can sell it or use it in pack production.

When you get up to 50k - are these quests you take at an NPC or do they popup?

Jingle the Dwarf
06-30-2017, 05:54 AM
When you get up to 50k - are these quests you take at an NPC or do they popup?

Oh I found it: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?182568-New-Harvesting-Profession-Daily-Quests-Items

Areta
06-30-2017, 12:20 PM
That's right. The population is being decimated after this update. The developer skewed seed prices. Just thought of the company, sorry for the sincerity. It's unfortunate to see a game with so many qualities ending up, not planning well. I believe the price of the seeds should go down. The pack rates must reset. Does the company fail to see, that the game is going down after this update.

TheMorrigan
07-02-2017, 02:44 PM
@GM
Please can someone give an update on the snow in Aegis, I am ready for my Erenor cloak but cannot farm the acid from Aegis so i am completely stopped in my cloak progression.

bobwinner
07-03-2017, 07:35 AM
That's right. The population is being decimated after this update. The developer skewed seed prices. Just thought of the company, sorry for the sincerity. It's unfortunate to see a game with so many qualities ending up, not planning well. I believe the price of the seeds should go down. The pack rates must reset. Does the company fail to see, that the game is going down after this update.
I agree on seeds. 3.0 made farming great again, 3.5 ruined it even deeper than what it was before 3.0.

However, I strongly disagree with your opinion on the new tradepack system.
The pack rates must not reset, it is currently the best economy system since beta, as it is player regulated.

Basic Economy is supply vs demand. That's exactly what the new pack system does.
There is always some pack rates at 130%, because when a rate goes down, another goes up. Simple as that.

The only problem with this system, is player stupidity : players want to supply only one type of packs, and only packs from 3-4 zones, instead of adapting to demand.
Hello, did you know that Economy fluctuates ?
Do you believe that, in real life, Stock Exchange Traders only focus on trading on ONE company stocks ?
They don't. They split their ressources on multiple companies, and they buy and sell according to the variations of values.

When it's cheap, buy. When it's expensive, sell.
That's a trader's job.

It works exactly the same with the new tradepack system : everytime a number of type of packs at 130% are turned it, other types of packs are regenerating.
Turn in Larders when they're high demand, will regenerate Normal/Gilda/Plaza/Fertilizer packs.
Turn in Plaza/Fertilizer when they're high demand, will regenerate Normal/Gilda/Larder packs.
Turn in Normal/Gilda when they're high demand, will regenerate Plaza/Fertilizer/Larder packs.

Turn in packs when they're low demand, won't do get ♥♥♥♥ done.
And yet, that's what most players do, and they whine.
Why ?
Why whine about something you've inflicted to yourself ?

Stop spamming one type of packs, and you'll earn more gold than you were earning before 3.0 and before 3.5.
Simple as that.

rbb138
07-04-2017, 06:51 AM
Is this where I post my big

I told you so

hammarusafterban2
07-04-2017, 07:18 AM
I agree on seeds. 3.0 made farming great again, 3.5 ruined it even deeper than what it was before 3.0.

However, I strongly disagree with your opinion on the new tradepack system.
The pack rates must not reset, it is currently the best economy system since beta, as it is player regulated.

Basic Economy is supply vs demand. That's exactly what the new pack system does.
There is always some pack rates at 130%, because when a rate goes down, another goes up. Simple as that.

The only problem with this system, is player stupidity : players want to supply only one type of packs, and only packs from 3-4 zones, instead of adapting to demand.
Hello, did you know that Economy fluctuates ?
Do you believe that, in real life, Stock Exchange Traders only focus on trading on ONE company stocks ?
They don't. They split their ressources on multiple companies, and they buy and sell according to the variations of values.

When it's cheap, buy. When it's expensive, sell.
That's a trader's job.

It works exactly the same with the new tradepack system : everytime a number of type of packs at 130% are turned it, other types of packs are regenerating.
Turn in Larders when they're high demand, will regenerate Normal/Gilda/Plaza/Fertilizer packs.
Turn in Plaza/Fertilizer when they're high demand, will regenerate Normal/Gilda/Larder packs.
Turn in Normal/Gilda when they're high demand, will regenerate Plaza/Fertilizer/Larder packs.

Turn in packs when they're low demand, won't do get ♥♥♥♥ done.
And yet, that's what most players do, and they whine.
Why ?
Why whine about something you've inflicted to yourself ?

Stop spamming one type of packs, and you'll earn more gold than you were earning before 3.0 and before 3.5.
Simple as that.

The problem with your "arguement", can be answered in a question. What happens when you keep pouring tea into a tea cup?

bobwinner
07-04-2017, 09:55 AM
The problem with your "arguement", can be answered in a question. What happens when you keep pouring tea into a tea cup?
That's exactly my point, thank you :)

Galadriane
07-04-2017, 08:58 PM
Subject: Auroria Territory Packs & Lord Coins

Not sure if this is an issue on other servers, but on Hanure our castle owners are not putting up work benches up sufficiently to allow us to earn enough LCs for territory packs. This makes the ability to generate Auroria cargo very limited and also makes GR and Whalesong packs rather worthless now (especially given we need LCs for those too).

Questions:
1. What incentives could be introduced to encourage castle owners to keep their benches up? (I keep being told it cost too much to put them up)
2. Any alternative ways to earn LC's that could be introduced? or at least increase the qty of pence earned from farm quests?

Daymio
07-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Hello!
Situation:
I was try to make 6 Auroran packs, found out that trade outlet has a 20+ normal packs and made 6 Whalesongs packs. When I deliver em I got only 5 auroran packs. There was no any other characters around.
So question:
Does all DS trade outlets (harany and nuian) have single base of trade packs or it's just an another game glitch ?

alucive
07-14-2017, 02:12 PM
Quiestion: <BTw Welcome to the game bud the more you learn the more fun it gets >UPgrade ticket for our current investments in the redwood to convert to new car any possibility that could be comeing to marketplace so we don't waist on everyone that invested to redwood

gck
07-16-2017, 12:26 AM
On the live stream you said that every 4 aged packs will generate cargo. Well i just bought 40 packs with 2 merchants and it generated 1 cargo? Did you change that to compensate for the royal seed being cheaper now? Don't understand the system anymore...

TeaIce
07-16-2017, 01:27 PM
will we get a legendary weapon ( like they did in korea ) ?
A Bound weapon that is legendary ir at least lege graded .....?

will there be any change regarding trade / farming ?

if we play as a solo player its a bit nearly imposibile to farm walesong or ageis ( drop rates ) for mats cuz of the drop rate os the stuff is way to low .... any change there ?

AKI
07-18-2017, 02:50 PM
When is the Pegasus mount coming to Fresh Start servers?

Thanks

Traciatim
07-18-2017, 11:00 PM
On the live stream you said that every 4 aged packs will generate cargo. Well i just bought 40 packs with 2 merchants and it generated 1 cargo? Did you change that to compensate for the royal seed being cheaper now? Don't understand the system anymore...

The system has been the same since it launched. They lied on the live stream. The tower generates cargo when it has 14 basic packs, 8 fert/fellow packs, and 4 aged packs. If it already has a bunch of aged packs when you deliver aged packs then nothing will happen. Since aged packs are so insanely OP now most towers are stocked full of ferts and aged, so running basic packs will seriously hurt your gold returns but will generate cargo.

Sparton
07-20-2017, 03:05 PM
As since you have made guilda star as a main requirement like gold or other mats you need to up triple or quad the amount of guilda stars on dailies as there is no way possible to make the normal packs in a sustainable quainty on a daily basis to run packs the mats are way to high on all packs then on to royally screw us you make it so guilda stars are none existent to maintain a good flow of packs 14 normal packs plus all the other packs is impossible and if you even manage to get those together you are screwed for the next 3 days trying to get more to run enough packs in for 1 stupid pack this is stupid no ones moving any normal packs as its to pain staking to bother so the game stands still no movement no one wants to run charcoal packs the price is stupid for anyone to care to move them so no ones crafting great going i watched the live stream your excuses are lame at best fix it as the players are bleeding of heavily majority of normal packs remains at a profitable 130% but no one wants to get screwed for time and effort to make them its your loss in players that support the game think about it
CHANGE THE MATS REQUIRED EVERY ONE IS TIRED OF STANDING AROUND WAITING THEY ARE JUST LEAVING GOING TO FIND SOMETHING THAT'S ENTERTAINING NOT A PAIN IN THE ASH TO DEAL WITH pain in the ASH = 1.5 sec attention span and i'm out of here

rbb138
07-22-2017, 09:55 AM
Safe zone daru boat is full Alt-Age

http://i.imgur.com/ChgKFqA.jpg

rbb138
07-22-2017, 10:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AVTYXhB.jpg

and nobody doing it the unsafe way

Lynnde
08-19-2017, 08:09 AM
Hello
The GM of my guild has left the game and has been offline for 3 months but the system has not promoted me to GM.
So I wonder why it has not. I am on Fresh start server Vengeance and the guild name is Unforgiven. and my toons name is Lynnde.
I hope This can be resolved soon
thanks.

Tsua
08-27-2017, 09:13 AM
I have some remarks about the actual trading system. Players have to enter 3 different packs to craft a certified one but....
Aged packs give a lot more gold than normal packs so everyone crafts aged packs for the gold. The normal packs are always on demand to craft the certified one. So most of the time there are no "nuian" or "haranyan" packs available to do further trade for the charcoals.
This is due to the huge price difference between the pack types. It was stated that price adaptations will be put in game but still, aged packs always give a lot more (easy 10 gold miore per pack) than the normal ones. Even if there are 500 aged and 0 normal ones available for craft.
Cant this system be changed so that at some point aged pack prices drop below normal ones because of the demand?

Traciatim
08-27-2017, 01:39 PM
I have some remarks about the actual trading system. Players have to enter 3 different packs to craft a certified one but....
Aged packs give a lot more gold than normal packs so everyone crafts aged packs for the gold. The normal packs are always on demand to craft the certified one. So most of the time there are no "nuian" or "haranyan" packs available to do further trade for the charcoals.
This is due to the huge price difference between the pack types. It was stated that price adaptations will be put in game but still, aged packs always give a lot more (easy 10 gold miore per pack) than the normal ones. Even if there are 500 aged and 0 normal ones available for craft.
Cant this system be changed so that at some point aged pack prices drop below normal ones because of the demand?

This is pretty much all wrong. Every 4 packs that get turned in reduce the payout value by 1%. That means if, for some unknown reason, there were 500 say... Rockhala Cheese... in the trade post at Solis they payout would be at 70% which means they pay out at 19.54 instead of 36.2886. That means the entire profit at paying out 15.85g to purchase the larder, make, and turn in the pack is 3.6g. Even at 230k that works out to less than 5 silver per labor . . .

That means almost every single safe zone pack is more profitable if there are too many aged packs in stock. That means if peopel are actually paying attention they would run them and then cargo would get generated.

The reason there is no cargo in your tower is either because there are just no players on your server that are running a good amount of packs in general or that other people are running them.

tsua
08-28-2017, 02:29 AM
There is no cargo because there are no "normal" packs. When I check the amounts it gives "zero" normal packs. So the cargo isnt crafted. The only reason why those packs miss is I think the fact that aged packs are more valuable. If I take a look in some farming zones I see larders all around.

Traciatim
08-28-2017, 07:14 AM
There is no cargo because there are no "normal" packs. When I check the amounts it gives "zero" normal packs. So the cargo isnt crafted. The only reason why those packs miss is I think the fact that aged packs are more valuable. If I take a look in some farming zones I see larders all around.

That's because larders are more profitable... but only to a point. If so many people are aging larders and zero people run normal packs then the prices for the aged packs would be stuck at 70% all the time. But they aren't... right? That's because people are running normal packs and every 14 make cargo and reset it to zero. In most cases people run the cargo as soon as it's made, but there are a few servers that even that piles up pretty high before people will run them.

If the trade posts are missing basic packs then why aren't you running massive amounts of basic packs and raking in the profits? If you were actually a trader you would see high prices as an opportunity and not a problem.