PDA

View Full Version : 6/16 Livestream: Addressing 3.5 Issues - Feedback

Muzzy
06-15-2017, 01:51 PM
Hey everyone,

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?326037-6-16-Livestream-Addressing-3.5-Issues

If you have any feedback or major questions outside of the topics listed above, drop them here. These will pertain specifically to the livestream.

We only have 45-50 minutes, so we'll be focusing on these major issues first. If there are any other topics you feel are as important as these, please respond here (respectfully).

Muzzy (Muzzle)

Expendable
06-15-2017, 02:22 PM
I can think of one other major topic that needs to be addressed.

Server Merges and Low Cost Transfers - Some servers and factions struggle to do the new events on whalesong and aegis island because we just don't have enough people. Even before that we were struggling to get anything done. Guilds come through just to free farm our content because nobody can oppose them. Cities are ghost towns and castles are owned by guilds from other servers that transfer gear over to alts if they happen to be sieged. It would be nice to see free full kit demolition and low cost transfers as soon as possible. Then follow up with evolutions or merges.

Lim
06-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Will there be a new RNG Box tomorrow? :D

Edwardo
06-15-2017, 03:24 PM
1) Is the undocumented change to how Ode functions intended or a bug? It now no longer functions like the other performance skills.

2) I would like to ask if they plan to shift evening mistmerrow at all now that you put all of the end game content right on top of it? That was the most active and likely the one to get kadum done before, now its a wasteland.

3) ETA on 3.7?

4) I feel obligated to ask about DR balancing even though you will just spin the 'the experts at XL are in charge of that'

I would also respectfully request that if we are limited in time to cover questions from players that we stay on point? Nothing at all like last live stream please.

Muzzy
06-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Totally reasonable Edwardo. Last stream was a celebration, all over the place. This stream is getting down to business.

Airish Finnisia
06-15-2017, 04:49 PM
1) Is the undocumented change to how Ode functions intended or a bug? It now no longer functions like the other performance skills.

This is also my concern (bold) since Ode immediately drops (unlike the other song skill which expire based on their current buff duration) if we use another skill. So the technique called "Song-weaving" which usually get 1-2 songs with 100% uptime while weaving it with another skill is practically obsolete with Ode. Not to mention the heal is reduced already, is this change in skill really intended or merely a bug?

2) Is Raid menu "Zoom Out" View bugged? cause it doesn't show like the usual but it now has gaps all over the place. "Zoom in" and "Zoom out" doesn't bear any significant difference now.

http://i.imgur.com/EGQsAUo.jpg
Raid "Zoom Out"

Elorin
06-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Hotfix for UI lag that started with 3.5?

And if you have time after the more important stuff:

Status on costume that was supposed to be in Misagon's Hidden Crate?

Mizeri
06-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Being stuck in combat that prevents a lot of actions/gear swapping
Skill Savers to include Ancestral Skills
The amount of kills/quest completions/etc required to push a zone to War so dailies can be completed

Aired
06-15-2017, 05:30 PM
Heya @Muzzy, nice to see you over here in Archeage now. Just an FYI I think Celestrata's title is misspelled in the New & Announcements forum.
Link: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?326037-6-16-Livestream-Addressing-3.5-Issues

Senior Community Manger Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan

"Manger", it means a feeding or water trough used to feed farm animals. While I know she is talented that seems humanly impossible.

http://www.nelsonmfg.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/wooden_feeder.jpg

Tricorn
06-15-2017, 07:28 PM
1) We need an update to the Pet Gears. It's still stuck at Delphinad, while Erenor Eternals have already been released. Please feedback to XL Games.

2) We need more functionalities to the Guild system. Things like Auto-guild push mail. Guild Gold Bank with an easy distribution button. Guild Inventory Bank.

3) New skins for current housing, aka Wallpaper.

takataka
06-15-2017, 07:57 PM
speedboat cargo holds =D

Lupina
06-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Charged Bolt
I have a "Lawless" bow and itīs supposed to fire multiple arrows at mobs that are standing close to each other. It worked with the normal charged bolt but doesnīt when I use ancestral charged bolt. Is this a bug or intended?

Sparrows
06-15-2017, 10:27 PM
I think there might be a bug with the whale song event, mobs not de-spawning after the tower is down. and sticking around until the next time the event happens.

Yasu
06-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Charged Bolt
I have a "Lawless" bow and itīs supposed to fire multiple arrows at mobs that are standing close to each other. It worked with the normal charged bolt but doesnīt when I use ancestral charged bolt. Is this a bug or intended?

Intended. Read the bow description (@ least bandit king say it).

Katsunaga
06-15-2017, 11:43 PM
Two questions and a comment from me.

Will there be a fix for Speedboat animations for the cargo hold? It shows as closed until I start putting packs in. It's difficult to determine where the packs are coming from when you try to load or unload. Have the devs had a chance to check into it or is it just a graphics glitch which has come up unintentionally?

Could you discuss the changes to the boss schedule? This was confusing last weekend and while I understand what it is now, I just want to confirm some of these changes for time. Please let us know as some of us are looking at this weekend trying to confirm if Saturday will be a day to do bosses or if Sunday will be the day.

As another note: Muzzy, please pass along a shoutout to Snakes on Salphira for his successful regrade of a Mythic to Eternal Weapon. The gif has been going around and I'd be happy to pass along the link if you'd like to feature it.

FOR THE LOLS, FOR THE MEMES, FOR THE PACKS! :D

Cheers!

Hymaera
06-15-2017, 11:57 PM
I see people asking for transfers, merges etc.. I sincerely hope that excludes the fresh start servers. Especially after 3.5 we have a large population of new comers, the average gearscore of whom, even with the gifted pieces, does not exceed 4k. Now imagine legacy server players with at least 7k gearscore moving on to fresh start. There will be a huge gap. If legacy players wanted to play on fresh start, they had their chance to start a new toon on December like we all did. I do hope any discussions of merges, transfers will be focused ONLY on legacy servers.

I will also mention this here, what are the chances that we will see the release of inactive names in the near future? Names that have been "reserved" by lvl 5 inactive accounts that have never been logged in since December. Something similar to what happened last year.
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2016/05/03/important-inactive-name-resets-coming-on-may-10-2016/

Kitwyn
06-16-2017, 12:14 AM
This time, before the end of the world message is released, please, lock the servers that will be destroyed.
Last time, huge guilds moved to the servers with the expressed(gloated about) intention of grabbing all the land. Those from the ended servers had to pay huge amounts to get land. That is punishing them twice for the sin of being on a nice server.

Chikieboo
06-16-2017, 12:44 AM
mergers, yes or no. please tell us in advance so we can request time off from work and get ready for it in game please. we all know it is going to happen, just tell us soon. thanks

Tahras
06-16-2017, 02:49 AM
I think I have some suggestions to stop bored time and leaving people.

Archeage is a very nice experiment to give all kind of players of MMO's in a big sandbox a nice place. But - the realgame is different.

The most of things you will get are just reachable if you do all, so pvp, pve, mounths of grinding and farming. So you disapponit people wich dont like pvp for example or grinding.

We have much to less interessting AND reachable questlines in Archeage. Most of them stucks by unreachable worldbosses or highest dungeons.

For me the biggest problem in Archeage is, you dont get a real reward for your mounth of hard work. That means 3 points:

First, you will get so less points more for a bunch of working in grinding, pvp, pve and farming, it is not worth for the most of players and also not for casuals. But casuals are often the paying-players ;)

I wanna feel my success, I wanna see I do really more damage on a mob or boss and dont wanna read it just in the description, oh, I have 1 point more of 500 ;)

And this is the next point, there are much to less real good items in cash-shop to get more success. Alas Arcgeage were going the bored way of most MMO's with lottery and RNG-boxes. But hey, I was spending a bunch of real money in this boxes, but the result was all in all very less.

Point 3, destroying items. The MOST importand point for all. I am sure, nobody of the developers and publishers would work hard for a mounth and have to go after that to the boss, who's saying: So, dear worker, here are 10 boxes, in one of them you will find your real money for the work, in 3 of them you will find much lesser money and in the rest you will find nothing, but you have pay for this boxes a lot of money :) .) :)

This unreal system of depression is the reason for the most people leaving Archeage after testing. We all know, our brain works after the principe of success. Also and especially in a MMO. So just give people the real success for the real work. You are doing it for example in RIFT so very well :)

So STOP all RNG or destroing system and replace it with a system wich have daylie little success, get in little steps more and more and dont have any depression. :) If I wanna have depressions I just have to close the game and go outside the house :D

Last point. I have to spend much of gold for items i need to get better gear and weapons. Why at all I have to pay addictiv for every regrade-try and much of other things. Stop it, because its one of the following reason people give up the game.

At all, Archeage is a very nice game, superb map, bunch of nice things you can do. If you would have a look on the points I told I am sure, you would have a bunch of more players and so also yourself success with the game :)

Tahras
06-16-2017, 03:37 AM
And I have a different point more:

I am a big builder and housing fan, especially decoration etc. Archeage have one of the best housing system and indoor-housing ever, but 1 point is destroying that completly and 1 point makes it harder :)
are plopping all around.

Best developer, after some days in Archeage I know, I can sit on a cheer, I can use am workbench, I can give my dog love and and and, pleaaaaase, I know the discussion was sttill earlier about it, but pleaaaase, remove that ugly blue screamers from my desk. I would be soooo thankful :) :) :)
If I come into my house, created with love, I cant really be happy about it because all the time stupid blue screamers

wretchedspawn
06-16-2017, 04:00 AM
i know this is a trival and pointless but i would like to see treasure maps actually in the new zones like animar or rokhala or other zones...i do maps when i want some alone time to explore so that being said be nice to go to new zones...still haven not gone to rokhola

SakuraCalleil
06-16-2017, 04:06 AM
Sorry to sound like a broken Record, but mergers has to be a topic discussed.
Rangora is in a sorry state. I stand to lose a lot in any merger (if you look at my family land... all my prime land will be gone), but I think its reached a point where the health of the game/community requires it.
I'm not sure of the technology used with the Archeage servers, but is there any possibility of a 'mega server' consisting of all non fresh start servers?

MasterShades
06-16-2017, 04:11 AM
when will motorbikes be added to Archeage :)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?325842-Suggestion-Add-a-Motorbike-to-the-game

oreorule
06-16-2017, 04:35 AM
Thanks for doing this Muzzy!
The biggest thing I can think of is Exploration Changes.
Exploration Points
While I myself have yet to do STRICT testing, there seem to be 0 exploration points in the new areas. I am having some personal lag issues at the moment, so when that clears up(before the livestream) I will do strict testing and make 100% sure that they are not there
Sunken Ships/Shipwrecks
Please confirm or deny if there are any in the new zones. If there are none, is there a reason, or was it simply overlooked?

Fate Rothfeld
06-16-2017, 05:57 AM
Hello! So, in the notes for 3.5 it states "
Vocation Related
Cages and Pens now offer more Fresh Fertilizer."
However I have been doing geese cages for months and have had a rate between 7-9 but now it's 5-7....... Sorry to bother about this but can you guys make sure that the opposite of the desired code wasn't activated somehow???

LilOreo
06-16-2017, 06:04 AM
Please make T7 re-cloakable would be a massive quality of life change to be able to swap effects, Sell, or Change rolls. With the caveat being the loss of gems to not promote Frequent changes.

Aired
06-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Questions that have come up in my Youtube or Twitch stream the most in no particular order.

1. Why does Erenor have an 180k crafting requirement? Honestly, a person can be expected to level every one of those professions nor can they. Skills needed to make everything a single player will eventually use to Enenor:

Armor Type (Plate/Leather/Cloth)
Handicraft (Instrument, Jewelry)
Carpentry (Bow and Main Hand Weapon)
Weaponry (Main Hand / Off-Hand)

2. Why is the basic Erenor (item) so expensive to make when it is initially less potent than what a high percentage of the people are already using?
3. How do we make gold now? People are frustrated with trade packs, fishing, gathering, farming and crafting for various reasons. What is more, Larceny still seems to be viable but it takes a certain type of person to do this daily.
4. When will the PTS be back up?
5. Can you teach me how to make money?.. okay so I don't expect you to answer this one but I hear it a lot. :)

Poebelchen
06-16-2017, 06:34 AM
Droprates of coinpurses/crates in the new zones !

Give people who like to grind mobs at least the slightest feeling of getting rewarded for killing stuff for hours ! and put the droprate at least to a acceptable level ...

Edit : And please please please change the freaking hereafter stone crafting ! They are way to expensive ! if you play active you have to port a lot and that means you spend an insane amount of gold for just porting which is definitly the opposite of "quality of life improvements"

phatty
06-16-2017, 07:10 AM
The snow on aegis needs to be turned off for eptileptic people. There are laws that need to be followed and you're not following them.

Alistair73
06-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Do Trion consider increasing drop rate of Royal Seeds ? That change will solve all problems of new trade system.

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Do Trion consider increasing drop rate of Royal Seeds ? That change will solve all problems of new trade system.

I think this would be a good idea as many of the servers have a bottleneck in the trading system for cargo which involves larders being scarce and there tends to be a notion that he who controls one segment of the market can control the cargo market. This tends to be true whether with Larders, Fertilizer packs or Specialty packs.

Morkiz
06-16-2017, 09:17 AM
When is the new system coming to EU/NA with non breaking gems?

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 09:41 AM
When is the new system coming to EU/NA with non breaking gems?

I believe in the next patch (3.7 I believe it is?), I recall Khrolan talking about it in the original 3.5 reveal or in the Lore discussion. Check the 3.5 videos from May and beginning of June, they're on the Archeage channel on Youtube or you can check them out on Twitch.

thecuteone
06-16-2017, 09:45 AM
The new trade system needs some major changed/adjustments or else trading will be just as dead as fishing...

Amount of packs needed to make cargo not to mention you need larders and such and the fact someone can just snipe the few cargo packs you can make kind of makes trading not worth it. It also killed any form of naval pvp or trading because why spawn a merchant when you can only fill it up with 3-4 packs at very best?

Also since the % now is tied to the cargo pack system which no one really do because it's simply not worth the time or investment all inland runs are done with cars from remote locations which again, gives no incentive to look for pvp because why fight over a few packs you have to deliever for less than 100g?

There's several ways you could save it. One could be to just skip the pack requirment to make cargos so you could actually fill up your merchant and do a high risk high reward trade (which you was talking so much about pre-patch). Increase drop rate on royal seed and include those in bundles (or just give us the old construction design for those back), fix the % so it's just a set value because of it being only 3 trade posts you can turn it in at and even with a healthy cargo system which would reset the packs I highly doubt it would do it fast enough.

Trading is like i mentioned, the backbone of the economy in archeage and it's always nice with upgrades. But this was just swapping out working system with a newer one that don't really work out at all in practice, even though the idea behind it is pretty neat.

This game is build around co-op (or a bunch of alts) and trading have always been something that united guilds to both make and fight over. Atm you can't make enough packs to justify a guild run or whatever which again, no value on the roads or sea will not only kill the trading as a proficiency but also the entire economy of archeage and the pvp that comes with it.

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 10:03 AM
Never played a game where each patch made the game worse dont no what they smoking when they made the trade system and thought huh this is even better no point of even doin traderuns now id hate to be pirate right now safe run across the sea crazy must of been crack in the pipe:P

I'm going to disagree with you simply because there are many methods to get these cargo packs. If people are on the boat, they can be pushed off. It is very possible. My personal favorite strategy for anyone with the Lightning Tiger strike is to wait until they engage it and backdrop of the boat so they do end up in the water looking like a fool. So, there are methods. The only method which is 100% safe is for said person with pack to be SITTING ON THE CHAIR on the cargo boat. This is one way that people move packs. Now, there are people who will try to move cargo packs through other means... let's be honest, someone's going to be confident enough to do so, you can easily catch them if you're aware of where they're going. I've been able to catch multiple people and it's VERY easy to score a big payout if that person has a merchant full of cargo packs or a speedboat full of cargo packs. It depends on who runs them.

Here's the caveat though, if your server is lacking in larder packs, you may be lacking in cargo packs. This is the trend I've noticed recently. So I suppose I should just flat out say, there are other means and methods. Pirates can move packs same as the rest of us. In fact, pirates could easily wait all day at the trade outposts to grab the packs and move them once they're made available. This game promotes competition between East, West, Pirates, Enemies and Friends alike. If you're a Nuian waiting at a trading outpost in Solzreed for example you could wait until someone turns in, grab the cargo packs quickly and drive off while the other person who is turning in stands there at the trader confused, frustrated or infuriated that you walked off with their cargo pack. So...Perhaps it's time for you to change your play-style if you're only looking to hit merchants or if you're spending all day going back and forth. Besides...once Aurorian trade opens up, people will run Aurorian Cargo packs which are high risk, high reward, so maybe you could start hitting them there. :)

It is very possible to pirate people for cargo. (Speaking from experience), you will have to try methods though because it is fair and it does promote both competition and pirating in the new trade system. I suggest you give it some time and soon you will see people running merchants full of cargo to and from auroria that you can EASILY hit. :)

Lupina
06-16-2017, 10:27 AM
Intended. Read the bow description (@ least bandit king say it).

Thanks.
Youīre right. It says it fires multiple arrows when charged bolt (normal) is used

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 10:29 AM
The new trade system needs some major changed/adjustments or else trading will be just as dead as fishing...

Amount of packs needed to make cargo not to mention you need larders and such and the fact someone can just snipe the few cargo packs you can make kind of makes trading not worth it. It also killed any form of naval pvp or trading because why spawn a merchant when you can only fill it up with 3-4 packs at very best?

Also since the % now is tied to the cargo pack system which no one really do because it's simply not worth the time or investment all inland runs are done with cars from remote locations which again, gives no incentive to look for pvp because why fight over a few packs you have to deliever for less than 100g?

There's several ways you could save it. One could be to just skip the pack requirment to make cargos so you could actually fill up your merchant and do a high risk high reward trade (which you was talking so much about pre-patch). Increase drop rate on royal seed and include those in bundles (or just give us the old construction design for those back), fix the % so it's just a set value because of it being only 3 trade posts you can turn it in at and even with a healthy cargo system which would reset the packs I highly doubt it would do it fast enough.

Trading is like i mentioned, the backbone of the economy in archeage and it's always nice with upgrades. But this was just swapping out working system with a newer one that don't really work out at all in practice, even though the idea behind it is pretty neat.

This game is build around co-op (or a bunch of alts) and trading have always been something that united guilds to both make and fight over. Atm you can't make enough packs to justify a guild run or whatever which again, no value on the roads or sea will not only kill the trading as a proficiency but also the entire economy of archeage and the pvp that comes with it.

To be fair, this new trading system may have its flaws but it's fair to say that the new trading system is contingent on a variety of packs. Gone are the old ways where people could make bank simply by running fertilizers, granted the gold for turn-ins have gone up for a good majority of these packs especially when running quick packs between zones like for instance silent forest to villanelle.

What I think the bigger complaint has been at least on my server - people don't like the change simply because they do not understand how it works. If you want to understand it, you must experiment with it. I'm in the process of putting together a how-to video and I talk about this on my stream almost daily. People say that I get it and they don't but after I explain it, people can understand that "OH, you mean I need 14 specialties, 8 fertilizers and 4 larders to make 2 Cargo on mainland? Well that's silly! I won't invest in that!" Well the response to that is simple, figure out what people run and to where. Do research. What packs are coming in? Who are the usual pack runners? Where do they come from? Will they continuously stream Specialties, Fertilizers or Larders? What about the other factions? (Player Nations, West, East) Do they run Cargo normally? Do you want to invest in charcoal stabilizer now? Would you invest in Dragon Essence stabilizer? Do you regularly check when you turn in for who is camping cargo packs and who can you hit when they run cargo packs? Is Auroria Open for your faction? Who runs merchants if they have them? These are all questions you should be going through in the trading process. Next questions should be can you run packs individually or do you need the cargo ship? Is the Cargo ship in port? Do you have captain's protection? Can you sit on a seat? Where are you turning into? What's the Profit timer and at what rank?

If Auroria isn't open, You be the one to open it. If you weren't aware, you invest 30-35g each time for a cargo pack but if you were to move those cargo packs to Diamond shores and build the base - it is 100g-109g instant payout PER PACK. I don't know about you but building the Diamond Shores base is almost a free for all of 10-11k gold all for the taking. If you're unhappy with the trading system - you be the one to make it better by finding everything that you can use to make the system work better for you. Unfortunately, you have lost the ability to straight follow with hauler trains and I know...that's painful, but find other ways to move faster, be more efficient. You may move haulers out of Sunbite, instead invest in a merchant and start making trade runs to turn ins with a massive payout. You may move packs out of Karkasse and now have no method to run them right away, consider selling them for other people to run. Perhaps you're running cargo and only have the option to take the cargo ship, turn in and see if you can snag another cargo pack on the way back or just see what you can get. Maybe you're a pirate that's unhappy with the trade system because people make packs to run by the cargo boat, invest in someone to let you know when the needed packs are coming into a zone to make your way to a trader so YOU can get the cargo packs to run. This system has plenty of opportunity, it is a matter of finding out how you want to position yourself in the market and you can actually earn quite a bit out of it.

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm not meaning to be confrontational if it comes across as such, I just happen to think that it's pretty cool that they implemented this change in the trading system because it's not the same move pack from a to b, get gold that's it. There's now a new aspect that you turned in packs and now you can get more out of it. I think that's pretty cool. I have also done exactly what I've stated above to find a way to make it in the market. Hopefully, with a little more time and effort I'll be able to post a video of the Tips and Tricks that I find especially helpful. :) I hope you guys will stay tuned to see it when it comes out.

thecuteone
06-16-2017, 10:57 AM
I'm not meaning to be confrontational if it comes across as such, I just happen to think that it's pretty cool that they implemented this change in the trading system because it's not the same move pack from a to b, get gold that's it. There's now a new aspect that you turned in packs and now you can get more out of it. I think that's pretty cool. I have also done exactly what I've stated above to find a way to make it in the market. Hopefully, with a little more time and effort I'll be able to post a video of the Tips and Tricks that I find especially helpful. :) I hope you guys will stay tuned to see it when it comes out.

Don't missunderstand me, I also think improvements are good. However don't fix something that aint broken kind of applies here. What they did is like I said, replaced a working system for a none-working one. Changing the core of the entire economy will have major changes, less gold will be generated which will increase the value of gold which will increase the gap between players who have gear (and infrastructure) and the ones that don't...

I've made plenty of gold after patch, I'm fine. Take away one way and I'll find another. However this change impacts so much outside the commerce prof due to not taking some very important factors into consideration.

Too summon it up, people that do donkey runs from silent forest to villa or whatever gets slightly more out of it. But any high risk run is nerfed into the ground which is the ones heavy traders want to do and organized pvpers want to attack.

Not to mention oversea/naval trading and combat is completly dead. The NPC boat isn't the problem. The problem is that there aren't enough packs to fill up your merchant boat to begin with so why not take a NPC boat with your alt while doing arena and just keep a look at it on the 2nd monitor so it doesn't fall off or something.

I want to be able to fill up my merchant with packs worht A LOT and take the risk of getting A LOT. I don't cry or even care if I lose a boat worth 1k gold because it offers fun gameplay (the feeling of 2-3 clippers closing in on your filled merchant when you standing there alone or with a friend and maybe an alt on the radar actually is pretty rewarding). The best pvp I've had have been over packs and I'm not talking about a few, I once had a 1v2 fight for 2 hours over 45 packs in ynyster and then we became friends (I managed to save 42 of the packs but gave them a hauler worth each for their effort).

DrBoom
06-16-2017, 11:14 AM
The snow on aegis needs to be turned off for eptileptic people. There are laws that need to be followed and you're not following them.

Not that I do not have sympathy for those with epilepsy (My Uncle has it). But, in every video game there is a warning in the TOS agreement including Trion's.

"Please note the certain people are susceptible to epileptic seizures or loss of consciousness when exposed to certain flashing lights or light patterns in everyday life. Such people may have a seizure while watching certain monitor images or playing certain video games. This may happen even if the person has no medical history of epilepsy or has never had any epileptic seizures. If you are anyone in your family has ever had symptoms related to epilepsy (seizures or loss of consciousness) when exposed to flashing lights, consult your doctor prior to playing. We advise that parents should monitor the use of video games by their children. If you or your child experience any of the following symptoms: dizziness, blurred vision, eye or muscle twitches, loss of consciousness, disorientation, any involuntary movement or convulsion, while playing a video game, immediately discontinue use of the video game and consult your doctor."

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/legal/terms-of-use/

And yes, I agree there should be a option for turning off snow.

adam
06-16-2017, 11:58 AM
do i get a refund for my trade ship considering it useless now?

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Don't missunderstand me, I also think improvements are good. However don't fix something that aint broken kind of applies here. What they did is like I said, replaced a working system for a none-working one. Changing the core of the entire economy will have major changes, less gold will be generated which will increase the value of gold which will increase the gap between players who have gear (and infrastructure) and the ones that don't...

I've made plenty of gold after patch, I'm fine. Take away one way and I'll find another. However this change impacts so much outside the commerce prof due to not taking some very important factors into consideration.

Too summon it up, people that do donkey runs from silent forest to villa or whatever gets slightly more out of it. But any high risk run is nerfed into the ground which is the ones heavy traders want to do and organized pvpers want to attack.

Not to mention oversea/naval trading and combat is completly dead. The NPC boat isn't the problem. The problem is that there aren't enough packs to fill up your merchant boat to begin with so why not take a NPC boat with your alt while doing arena and just keep a look at it on the 2nd monitor so it doesn't fall off or something.

I want to be able to fill up my merchant with packs worht A LOT and take the risk of getting A LOT. I don't cry or even care if I lose a boat worth 1k gold because it offers fun gameplay (the feeling of 2-3 clippers closing in on your filled merchant when you standing there alone or with a friend and maybe an alt on the radar actually is pretty rewarding). The best pvp I've had have been over packs and I'm not talking about a few, I once had a 1v2 fight for 2 hours over 45 packs in ynyster and then we became friends (I managed to save 42 of the packs but gave them a hauler worth each for their effort).

I don't dispute that there are limits, however you can work around them in certain ways. As you say, moving merchants full of cargo packs is not going to happen as often because there are bottlenecks and most people will try to find a way to limit cargo generation until they can take them. I've actually seen people run packs to the traders (in this case Ynystere) and notice that there were people camping the traders. In this case, the person who was turning in had larders which were needed for the turn-ins. Now, the people who were camping saw what was coming and could hover over the packs to see "Aged Honey, Aged Cheese" What they did was go stand in front of the Cargo Seller and target them. Why they did this is because they wanted to poach the pack for their own runs. Unfortunately with the system, people can do that which is why there is such competition for these packs. People want to run the packs because you make 30-70g profit with them (assuming the Auroria base isnt' built and they want to run them to Auroria). That person then turned around went to their property up the hill and dropped their packs to do another run. Those people went to sleep after a period of time and the guy brought all of his packs down, made 30 cargo packs and moved 28 of them with the help of his alts. I only took 2 because I let him know when the coast was clear ;). The thing is, you can do it, it's just you have to be smart about what it is that you do. You could either restrict the flow of packs or you could increase the flow of packs. So to sum up - Yes you can run multiple packs, you will want help and you will want to have patience in running your packs.

Yes there will be much less gold due to this but it forces you to rethink simply turning in because your efforts could be stolen by someone else if you're not careful, so be careful, be patient and do your research before hand :) It will give the the ability to do exactly what you want and it will offer the ability for people to come out and PVP. I've seen an uptick in people trying to pirate packs especially larders in zones that can fall into conflict and I'm fairly confident that you will still see this pvp when people run charcoal packs or run larders or fertilizers and even specialties. The key is and I'm going to stress it - Research. :) Research routes, Research pack quantities and Research strategies to counter the competition to make more on your own. If you put in effort on this trade system it will pay decent rewards if you play it with a strategy which maximizes your potential net gains.

TFW trying to sound like a stock trader and has a job in Architecture xD

Katsunaga
06-16-2017, 12:40 PM
do i get a refund for my trade ship considering it useless now?

No, you should keep it and continue to use it. If you don't make enough cargo to run a full merchant ship, then you are not running enough packs to make the Cargo. :) Just try to increase your input to get the desired output.

DrBoom
06-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Some of the streetlights (Goblin Streetlights/Lanterns) still come on when the day to night change occurs. Are there any plans to return the same functionality to the rest of the streetlight/lanterns?

Muido
06-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Is there a fix coming for the massive UI lag? FPS are droping from 90 to 4-5. A relogg will fix the problem but only for 1 or 2 hours, so there has to be something wrong.

Also the overall game performance is not that great. Are there any plans to get an performance patch in the future, so the game will run better and more stable?

Muzzy
06-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Watch the vod of the livestream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152323172

Thread is being closed. I'll be doing this with some livestreams going forward.