PDA

View Full Version : BigDataDude: Complaint about streetlight nerf

DevTracker
07-15-2017, 02:50 AM
Wow. I suspected something like this, but seeing it written out is something else. It's shocking. I admit I'm very disappointed about the streetlights themselves, but the underlying issue is actually terrifying. While the competition on the market is merrily throwing around realistic weather effects and all kinds of glitzy qraphics, in ArcheAge streetlights can cause a server crash. It's pathetic. Essentially, you have just informed us that the game is at a stage where it cannot be developed further without shutting parts of it off. ..snip.. It really isn't all that dramatic and things like this can pop up as an issue that needs to be taken care of as you add new things.
They are blowing smoke up your tail Cel, completely lying to you, or creating a future revenue avenue. If they are such poor programmers and this is actually true, this does not bode well for the future of the game. I realize the difficult position you are in and we do trust you to give us the best answer you are allowed to give, but facts are facts. This is just silly. Turn the lights back on please. #DarkArcheAge #GlobalDarkening There is a large spike that happens several times a day. Things like world events and other timers trigger it. AA is literally tracking millions of things happening at any moment. If you think about it, every single potato planted is tracked in the database. It not only gets a new row added when its planted but it gets updated as it hits certain stages at certain times and then the row is removed when it is harvested. Bottom line, when a large amount of things happen in an instant it can degrade performance. There is a a fine balance between pushing a DB performance wise and pushing it over the limit. I suspect they hit that limit and are now going to have to try and tune things to make sure things stay under that limit.

Jump to post... (http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?t=325179&p=2621683&viewfull=1#post2621683)