PDA

View Full Version : Problem Connecting to PTS?

Franciscothefab
07-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Is anyone else having a problem connecting to PTS? I get to the character select screen and pick the player and it looks like the game is going to load but the screen just goes black and stays that way.

Franciscothefab
07-23-2017, 04:34 PM
The problem continues. I've reinstalled PTS. I've rebooted my computer. I've rebooted my network. NA and EU work perfectly. The problem seems to be only with PTS. I got lucky and got a player to connect to PTS for a little bit. While I was on the response time was terrible. Sometimes the game would respond in a fraction of a second. Sometimes the response was over 10 seconds. Eventually the Gods disconnected me. Incidentally when I try to get in the game I either get a black screen or I'll get disconnected.

Franciscothefab
07-23-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm discovering more problems. Earlier I could connect to https://archeage.trionworlds.com but now it just spins. There must be some kind of routing issue somewhere. I can tracert and ping the url and it responds but I get no data when I try and access it from the browser. I tried accessing the website from my phone with no luck. I disable wifi and the site responds. So I'm thinking it must be my provider right? Nope. I try accessing the website using a web proxy service. The first few I try fail. I think it was the 3rd or 4th one I tried before the site would respond. Don't know if it is the router on Trion's end causing the problems or a routing issue somewhere in the middle. Could very well be another problem with Level 3 and Comcast not communicating correctly. I've seen it happen before.