PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to AA

Seth117
07-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Hey there,

I started playing ArcheAge at launch and stopped a few days after I reached 50, around the time the new continent was released.

I'm thinking of coming back to the game on a new character, maybe with some friends and was wondering how is the current state of the game compared to before. Are the contents leading up to 50 still the same with only 3-4 dungeons? Did they make any changes to the labour system to help f2p players a bit? And hows the content at max level?

What are the best changes compared to launch AA?

Not thinking of going hardcore or anything since I already have a main mmo.

Thanks in advance!

Krison
07-30-2017, 09:44 AM
No new dungeons have been added unfortunately. (unless you didn't see Mistsong and Kroloal's Kradle.)

Labor system is the same as it was for F2P. Five points every 5 mins, with none if you are logged off. At least there isn't an AFK timer on the legacy servers now.

Max level is basically PVP bashing (or getting bashed) unless you want to "potato" (which I personally don't mind doing)

Yes, there's been changes to the game, but No nothing earth shattering. If you didn't like it before, I don't think you'll find it that much different I'm sorry to say.

saga
07-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Until you got enough gold for 2 apex (patron), I recommend to stay logged in over night to regenerate labor points. You should try to get patron asap but. for that you need ~1500 gold.

Dmythrex
07-30-2017, 06:40 PM
There are actually many changes since you left. There is no new dungeons at lower level as such, but they have introduced greater versions of the same. Those enable you to get gear ~delph level at low cost. Regrading of this gear is significantly easier as well. Once you hit ~55 there are 2 new dungeons Mitsong and Hart of Ayanad, the seocnd one is big grind as to start it one of your party needs ayanad library earing which is in my opinion greater grind then the ring. As well, the way you make gold has significantly changed, trade system has had massive overhaul, and would be good to read some of the threads on forums and maybe watch some of introduction videos on how is done now. Further with crafted gear there is no more RNG, you can now craft anything you wish. Hasla, auroria gear are totally irelevant now. As for PvP you will find that ALL servers are dominated by one strong guild/nation and rest either serve them or hide from them.
Jahlon from Salphire has made number of 101 videos, would be good to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmzHr9ctbpM&list=PLC2LYKZszA3IPsq5dTGn4Ztk8CaYqhWS-

Have fun